PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Replaying Missions

playlisting
07-04-2014, 09:27 PM
What if, after we completed all the main memories in the normal fashion (walking to the memory marker), we could replay them all seamlessly. We wouldn't have to go into the animus and select every single mission individually to replay them, we could just flow from one mission to the next without any breaks. You wouldn't have the open world elements to it, you'd just instantly begin the next mission as soon as the previous one ends. I reckon this would be a good thing to implement. You'd get a better appreciation for the story too because you wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the world between missions and forgetting the little things. As I said though, this should only be available after you've completed all the memories so you can experience the open world and appreciate the game as a whole. What do you think?

Locopells
07-04-2014, 11:51 PM
That I'd quite like to see. Sort of a NG+ kinda deal.

playlisting
07-04-2014, 11:57 PM
That I'd quite like to see. Sort of a NG+ kinda deal.

Exactly. Is there anywhere I can submit ideas? I know it most likely won't be taken into account but if one of my suggestions could get through I'd like it to be this one.

Locopells
07-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Here's the place! The FMs and CMs usually pass on the popular ideas they see, to the devs.

Ureh
07-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Oh, I really really hope so! There were quite a few cutscenes/dialogue between missions and sequences that can only be reviewed subsequent times if we started a whole new save file. So being able to access any and all cutscenes again without having to replay giant chunks of the game would be nice. :)

playlisting
07-05-2014, 11:52 PM
Oh, I really really hope so! There were quite a few cutscenes/dialogue between missions and sequences that can only be reviewed subsequent times if we started a whole new save file. So being able to access any and all cutscenes again without having to replay giant chunks of the game would be nice. :)

Glad you like the idea :) Hopefully someone at Ubi sees this and at least shares it. Here's hoping!

Black_Widow9
07-06-2014, 03:01 AM
Glad you like the idea :) Hopefully someone at Ubi sees this and at least shares it. Here's hoping!
We're always lurking in the shadows. :p It honestly depends on the amount of people who are all for an idea.

rrebe
07-06-2014, 07:29 AM
I like that idea, it'd make replaying the story missions so much more effortless.

Locopells
07-06-2014, 12:03 PM
We're always lurking in the shadows. :p It honestly depends on the amount of people who are all for an idea.

I'm gonna move this over to the console board, see if we can't drum up some support (seeing as that's where most the action's at)!

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 12:08 PM
I quite like it.

There's no downside to it really.

D4rkAssass1n123
07-06-2014, 12:17 PM
change this into a poll to show the forum managers how many people like your idea!

ze_topazio
07-06-2014, 12:28 PM
I would like that.

phoenix-force411
07-06-2014, 12:47 PM
AC1: Best memory replayability.

AC2: Best memories that are worth replaying.

ACB: Most memories were not really worth replaying for me, and because of the Romulus Armor.

ACR: Quite a few good memories to replay, and Ishak Pasha armor is only forced on you if you have an armor that isn't available during the current time of the memory or if it's the very second memory of Seq. 1, if I remember correctly.

ACIII: Not a lot of good memories to replay. It was like ACB to me, in a way.

ACR: Maybe some, but when think about it, I don't really want to replay any memory.

It seems that AC1 and AC2 sort of had everything, but with both having the exact opposite of what the other needs. AC1 needed good memories while AC2 needed memory replay for main story missions.

phoenix-force411
07-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Oh, and please allow us to unequip stuff! This has been asked since AC2, and I can't believe they haven't done it yet! Sometimes, you just want to roam around with a little less of everything. I don't want to rely on a bug or glitch that would help remove my gadgets.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Yes, this would be cool! Sometimes when I replay I can't be bothered traveling to missions or any of the other open world stuff as it all gets repetitive on replays. This would be useful to refresh story details.

Make a poll.

D4rkAssass1n123
07-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Oh, and please allow us to unequip stuff! This has been asked since AC2, and I can't believe they haven't done it yet! Sometimes, you just want to roam around with a little less of everything. I don't want to rely on a bug or glitch that would help remove my gadgets.

^this

Deezl-V
07-06-2014, 02:13 PM
We're always lurking in the shadows. :p it honestly depends on the amount of people who are all for an idea.

You shouldn't base making something solely on what forum members like. Gotta remember there are millions not on the forums who would like things too but don't share it here. So making things based on "making sense" should be the only really reason to do something.

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 03:27 PM
You shouldn't base making something solely on what forum members like. Gotta remember there are millions not on the forums who would like things too but don't share it here. So making things based on "making sense" should be the only really reason to do something.The people on here pretty much represent the larger community.

If the majority on here like something, chances are the majority in general will.

Connor sequel withstanding.

playlisting
07-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Added a poll :)

Black_Widow9
07-06-2014, 09:55 PM
You shouldn't base making something solely on what forum members like. Gotta remember there are millions not on the forums who would like things too but don't share it here. So making things based on "making sense" should be the only really reason to do something.
No you're definitely right. What I meant was we pass the ideas on, on that basis generally but not always. ;)

LoyalACFan
07-07-2014, 12:09 AM
I like the idea, but let me just add that WE BETTER BE ABLE TO REPLAY MISSIONS INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH THE DNA MENU. Unity seems to be taking a lot of pointers from Watch_Dogs including the skill tree and the concept of other players joining your game world; both of which are cool ideas, but W_D was absolutely crippled by it's lack of replay functions. There's literally nothing to do in the game after you've completed all the missions except run around responding to the same crimes over and over again. None of the missions, hideouts, convoys or anything can be played again. You can't even have a second save file for God's sake. I'm assuming this had something to do with the fact that you had a sort of XP bar for online interactions, but regardless it was a horrible choice.

I don't see any reason why Unity would take out this feature considering every AC game besides AC2 has had it, but on the other hand I thought it was kind of a no-brainer for Watch_Dogs to have it too.

Locopells
07-07-2014, 12:13 AM
Oh yeah, this should be in addition to, not in place of, that...

playlisting
07-07-2014, 02:02 AM
I like the idea, but let me just add that WE BETTER BE ABLE TO REPLAY MISSIONS INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH THE DNA MENU. Unity seems to be taking a lot of pointers from Watch_Dogs including the skill tree and the concept of other players joining your game world; both of which are cool ideas, but W_D was absolutely crippled by it's lack of replay functions. There's literally nothing to do in the game after you've completed all the missions except run around responding to the same crimes over and over again. None of the missions, hideouts, convoys or anything can be played again. You can't even have a second save file for God's sake. I'm assuming this had something to do with the fact that you had a sort of XP bar for online interactions, but regardless it was a horrible choice.

I don't see any reason why Unity would take out this feature considering every AC game besides AC2 has had it, but on the other hand I thought it was kind of a no-brainer for Watch_Dogs to have it too.

Yeah forgot to mention that. Thanks for bringing it up

dailyspades
06-25-2015, 07:00 AM
What if, after we completed all the main memories in the normal fashion (walking to the memory marker), we could replay them all seamlessly. We wouldn't have to go into the animus and select every single mission individually to replay them, we could just flow from one mission to the next without any breaks. You wouldn't have the open world elements to it, you'd just instantly begin the next mission as soon as the previous one ends. I reckon this would be a good thing to implement. You'd get a better appreciation for the story too because you wouldn't be spending a lot of time in the world between missions and forgetting the little things. As I said though, this should only be available after you've completed all the memories so you can experience the open world and appreciate the game as a whole. What do you think?

I was wondering if u all would check out my thread titled "petition to replay all side mission in ac unity", since it seems u all like the game and would like a feature that would allow us to replay the missions without losing our progress and I do like this threads idea of having a seamless story replay option. I voted on the poll in support of the feature for unity. Would it be too much to ask if u could check out the thread and reply with your username to show support? Unity after the bug patch is fun and its lame now that all we can do is kill patrols and co-op missions.