PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Assassin's Creed - Unity

rob.davies2014
07-04-2014, 09:56 AM
The Art of Assassin's Creed Unity. Release Date: 28th of October.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Art-Assassins-Creed-Unity/dp/1781166900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404461172&sr=8-1&keywords=the+art+of+assassin%27s+creed+unity

Reptilis91
07-04-2014, 12:27 PM
I want long hair in the game :(

http://i.imgur.com/PL3yM8k.jpg

marvelfannumber
07-04-2014, 12:33 PM
He has long hair in the statuette I posted a while ago too.

Hmmmm.....Please let this mean customizable hairstyles.

I wanna give Arnie an Afro.....:rolleyes:

Sesheenku
07-04-2014, 12:36 PM
He has long hair in the statuette I posted a while ago too.

Hmmmm.....Please let this mean customizable hairstyles.

I wanna give Arnie an Afro.....:rolleyes:

You know they wouldn't put anything like that in, it's not realistic back then.

marvelfannumber
07-04-2014, 12:44 PM
You know they wouldn't put anything like that in, it's not realistic back then.

Neither is parkouring on roof tops, using hidden blades, wearing conspicious white robes, POEs and making a leap 100 miles and surviving thanks to landing in hay. :rolleyes:

Megas_Doux
07-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Awesome as always!

Bashilir
07-04-2014, 05:22 PM
Neither is parkouring on roof tops, using hidden blades, wearing conspicious white robes, POEs and making a leap 100 miles and surviving thanks to landing in hay. :rolleyes:

>parkour on rooftops is real
>hidden blade is just a weapon
>Arno doesn't even wear white robes
>mentions POEs but doesn't mention higher beings that created humans for labor
>its actually another "its the animus at work lul" from ubisoft

Besides, we're watching the MEMORIES of Arno Dorian. I don't recall that meaning we can just change his hair willy nilly. Now if he changes his hair throughout the story, then I'd be fine with that.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 05:32 PM
Why is Arno's hair so inconsistant?

The statue he has goldy locks hair, in this pic he has bangs, in the official ad art he has no bangs, and in the leaked picture where he has no hood it looks like a different hairstyle.

Is there going to be a salon in assassin's creed?

@sesh

the french are all about fashion. Ofc it's possible :rolleyes:

marvelfannumber
07-04-2014, 05:33 PM
>parkour on rooftops is real
>hidden blade is just a weapon

Not saying they were not real, just saying they ain't historically accurate

>Arno doesn't even wear white robes

I know, but my point still stands.

>mentions POEs but doesn't mention higher beings that created humans for labor
Ok, so what? Still proves my point, unless you're trying to suggest that the Ancient Aliens thing is real.

>its actually another "its the animus at work lul" from ubisoft
Oh, I was actually not aware they had an explanation about that. Kind of a predictable one though.

Besides, we're watching the MEMORIES of Arno Dorian. I don't recall that meaning we can just change his hair willy nilly. Now if he changes his hair throughout the story, then I'd be fine with that.

Guess that is why we can't change Ezio's outfitt, and colors. Or choose from Edwards billion outfits......waiiit. So you're telling me Ezio went around coloring his outfit constantly and Edward had fashion OCD? Ok, alright.

Plus I was just joking around, it's kind of funny I got such serious responses. Way to be grumpy you guys.

steveeire
07-04-2014, 07:32 PM

The statue he has goldy locks hair, in this pic he has bangs, in the official ad art he has no bangs, and in the leaked picture where he has no hood it looks like a different hairstyle.

@sesh

the french are all about fashion. Ofc it's possible :rolleyes:

Well you did call him fabulous the other day.

Radman500
07-04-2014, 08:00 PM
so i assume there will be a salon that we can get different haircuts for arno in Unity?

Assassin_M
07-04-2014, 08:01 PM
so i assume there will be a salon that we can get different haircuts for arno in Unity?
no

I-Like-Pie45
07-04-2014, 08:04 PM
this is not GTA

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 08:09 PM
You use your hidden blade to perform your own haircuts :rolleyes:

Farlander1991
07-04-2014, 08:10 PM

That's concept art on the cover. There's lots of different kinds of it during production. Since statues have to be made in advance, they're based off that concept art, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it's going to be the final version of the protagonist since things may (and most likely will) change. Edward, for example, had a different hair color as late as end of 2012/beginning of 2013 (where we got a sneak-peek screen into the game before official announcement).

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 09:51 PM
laaaaaaame

I wanted to change my hairstyle :rolleyes:

Lonnie_Jackson
07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
I always see it as the CGI trailer being the official look of the character. Why they change it from the trailers I'll never know. This actually has been happening since AC1 with the crossbow and AC2 with the glove. I just wish that they would try and put the official design from the trailers in the game.

SixKeys
07-05-2014, 01:34 AM
I always see it as the CGI trailer being the official look of the character. Why they change it from the trailers I'll never know. This actually has been happening since AC1 with the crossbow and AC2 with the glove. I just wish that they would try and put the official design from the trailers in the game.

I'm sure they do try, but sometimes it just isn't possible due to technical or gameplay limitations. Alta´r's crossbow was originally in the game, but they couldn't make it work right, so they had to take it out. Not sure what you mean about Ezio's glove.

Lonnie_Jackson
07-05-2014, 01:47 AM
I'm sure they do try, but sometimes it just isn't possible due to technical or gameplay limitations. Alta´r's crossbow was originally in the game, but they couldn't make it work right, so they had to take it out. Not sure what you mean about Ezio's glove.
That make sense for some things I can see. What I meant for Ezio was in the demo he looked just like the concept art that is widely used. Puffy sleeve and glove while the other had the Assassin's blade. In AC4 he was close but the guns were not on the back like the CGI but on his sides. In Arno's case the glove in-game on the left doesn't match like they do in the trailer. The hood on the back does not have the brown squares and his gun is on the right back side expect on the left. Things like that.

Ureh
07-05-2014, 06:49 AM
The Art of Assassin's Creed Unity. Release Date: 28th of October.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Art-Assassins-Creed-Unity/dp/1781166900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404461172&sr=8-1&keywords=the+art+of+assassin's+creed+unity

Expect a Limited Edition of this book very soon. If it's anything like AC3/4, it'll have a run of about 500 copies, cost $60-70, comes in a clamshell case and includes 1-2 signed mini lithographs. The book cover will probably have a different design but its contents will likely be identical to the standard edition (so no extra pages, art, commentary, etc).

LoyalACFan
07-05-2014, 08:09 AM
As for the hairstyle (which is apparently the only freaking thing we can talk about on here anymore, besides skin tone) it's probably just dramatized a bit here seeing as how it's concept art. To make it more "flowy" and stylistic. He's got long hair, but we've already seen in the game that it doesn't stick out past his hood, so this image isn't indicative of his hairstyle in-game (though it's probably close to the same length).

But then again there was that AC2 concept where Ezio had a douchy little stripe of a soulpatch, so I guess anything goes.

Radman500
07-05-2014, 02:58 PM
As for the hairstyle (which is apparently the only freaking thing we can talk about on here anymore, besides skin tone) it's probably just dramatized a bit here seeing as how it's concept art. To make it more "flowy" and stylistic. He's got long hair, but we've already seen in the game that it doesn't stick out past his hood, so this image isn't indicative of his hairstyle in-game (though it's probably close to the same length).

But then again there was that AC2 concept where Ezio had a douchy little stripe of a soulpatch, so I guess anything goes.

i agree with you here

Megas_Doux
07-05-2014, 07:15 PM
Not exactly related to the topic, but GREAT art, nonetheless.

https://d2ip58kv7n8yjd.cloudfront.net/p/assets/images/images/000/112/499/large/anthony-guebels-acu-hr-planamer-0523-final-clean-copyright-5mg.jpg?1403568633

http://www.artstation.com/artist/Deadeyesquirrel

Lonnie_Jackson
07-05-2014, 08:44 PM
I really like that sword. Hopefully it makes it into the game. I am also a fan of that Assassin's Glove. Don't like the vambrace they are using in-game (demo) at the moment.