PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Comet - Arcade / Digital Release (?)

Landruner
07-03-2014, 10:08 PM
:rolleyes: Okay,I think I am going crazy and I know that some back clashing will come by some of you there and please keep in mind that it is just pure SPECULATION, but I believe that the second AC coming up this year for past gen consoles (So called so far AC Comet) will be a digital release only and I also speculate that it will probably be an extended version of AC3 with naval and additional protagonist characters than the one(s) we know. My evidences are just my personal feelings regarding this matter, but they are some hints that I wish to expose there.

1/ No announcement of the game yet and almost total silence regarding the game - Their only are rumors of location, time of history and protagonist but nothing had been confirmed.
My point is that usually Ubisoft start the hype of their game(s) long before, and they usually show case a lot about it. There nothing is really confirmed except that probably a second AC is coming up for past generation. I know that all the focus is reserved for Unity, however; I am thinking that Ubisoft is going to release that game at the same time than Unity and in digital version.

I am certainly wrong but In Early 2013 when I speculated once to some friends that AC3 liberation will come as a Sony exclusive as digital form for the PSN beside Vista, I was half wrong since it came for both XB live, PSN and Steam markets and the announcement of the game came by fall 2013. Why I had speculated for the PSN only? well I thought that Liberation was a permanent Sony exclusive.

2/ By releasing the game in Digital version for the XB360 and PS3 and of course Steam, beside PC the publisher does not only limit themselves to the past console market but the game can be easily emulated and ported to be played on the PS4 and XB/One by streaming the content.

Sony is going to release an official emulator for streaming digital PS1/PS2/PS3 onto your PS4 (Open Beta is July 31st 2014 in UK so far) and I believe that Microsoft is building an equivalent game's library.

3/ Why am I thinking about some kind of AC3 extended? Well, that is a tricky one but I believe that it had been some kind of unfinished business with AC3 and Alex Hutchinson made some comments to press and interviews regarding the left over of AC3 assets that could still be exploited....(?). I also I believe that (as always full of surprises) Ubisoft wants to correct and redefine a better image of this AC3 opus with supposedly what is the last AC for the past consoles generation. So I could be wrong but comet could very well be an AC3 part 2 or something affiliated with AC3 (?) or sort of...but for sure something that involve directly or indirectly AC3.

Like I wrote above this is just me that speculate and I have no source or still did not hear that around me, so no dark idiot Landuner who is trollin' you guys, but trust me, although I am not a medium that can see in the future usually I am pretty close to the right spot than been far behind in my predictions or anticipations - see if I am wrong or not this time (?).

Let me think what you think and comment bellow - THX :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
07-03-2014, 10:16 PM
Comet being digital only is by no means an unrealistic theory, but we will have to wait and see.

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 10:20 PM
ehh

I doubt it'll be PS360 only.

Landruner
07-03-2014, 10:28 PM
ehh

I doubt it'll be PS360 only.

Read it is not what I wrote above - I said it will be be digital for 360/PS3 and steam of course. The argument being that it won't come onto other medium than digital only. Once again I just speculate and take dummy bets that it is going the case. We wait and see

pacmanate
07-03-2014, 10:38 PM
I think its coming to all platforms with slight visual upgrade for PS4 and X1.

I also think its coming out Q1 next year. I highly doubt Comet is releasing this year alongside Unity. It would almost be like competing with yourself.

Landruner
07-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Comet being digital only is by no means an unrealistic theory, but we will have to wait and see.

Like I wrote above so Liberation was, my friends laugh to my face back in time in thinking that it was only for vista and nothing else, however; it did happen. So, yeah it could happen for Comet as well. Like I mentioned above all the focus is on Unity, but I believe Ubisoft is cooking that in order to be sure it could be streamed on the new generation console - For Steam it won't be a problem or even an issues of course.

Landruner
07-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I think its coming to all platforms with slight visual upgrade for PS4 and X1.

I also think its coming out Q1 next year. I highly doubt Comet is releasing this year alongside Unity. It would almost be like competing with yourself.

Me too, but at the same time I know that Ubisoft wanted that game to be for this 2014 year and I am surprised that nothing had been yet advertized . Anyway, we are in July and if you are right for 2015 they should come with something post Unity's release.

pacmanate
07-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Me too, but at the same time I know that Ubisoft wanted that game to be for this 2014 year and I am surprised that nothing had been yet advertized . Anyway, we are in July and if you are right for 2015 they should come with something post Unity's release.

I think it will be announced in November/December

lordoftheapes79
07-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I know I'm kinda new around here and not really versed in what comet is, but I've been playing AC games since the beginning. Has anyone considered that "Comet" could be another Vita title?

ze_topazio
07-05-2014, 02:05 PM
I think cellphones right now have a higher chance than the Vita.

roostersrule2
07-05-2014, 02:16 PM
Comet isn't Vita or anything I already came out and said that last-gen players will get stuffs.