PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft Quebec to Lead Future Assassin's Creed

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Something that might be of interest...

UBISOFT QUEBEC TO LEAD FUTURE ASSASSIN’S CREED (http://blog.ubi.com/ubisoft-quebec-assassins-creed/)

Just like the game itself, which has been set in various locations around the globe, Assassin’s Creed’s development is now expanding into a new region. This time, however, it’s the location of the lead developer that’s changing: Today, Ubisoft announced that Ubisoft Quebec will be taking the lead on the development of a future Assassin’s Creed. (Previous Assassin’s Creeds have been lead by Ubisoft Montreal in partnership with multiple Ubisoft studios, including Quebec.)

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/UbisoftQuebec_4509_618x445.jpg

It’s all part of a major investment in the Quebec City studio, which includes a significant increase in the number of staff along with all-new facilities in Quebec’s St-Roch district, a burgeoning high-tech corridor in the historic Canadian city. Also announced today: Ubisoft Quebec will be allocating $4 million of a previously announced $28 million investment in a new workspace at 585 Boulevard Charest Est, of which the first three floors will become a state-of-the-art studio completely redesigned to support triple-A game development. This investment is bolstered by the city of Quebec, which will contribute $500,000 in financial support to help update the studio and its facilities. (Note: all amounts are in Canadian dollars.)

IN THE BROTHERHOOD

Of course, Ubisoft Quebec is no stranger to Assassin’s Creed. They’ve been part of the Ubisoft’s brotherhood of developers since, well… Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood. “Since 2010, our understanding of the franchise has increased each year,” says Nicolas Rioux, Managing Director of Ubisoft Quebec. “We were involved in Brotherhood. We were involved in Revelations. We were involved in Assassin’s Creed III. With AC III we were working on the biggest DLC for the franchise – The Tyranny of King Washington. After that we were also involved with Freedom Cry. We have the confidence of the brand team and also from Ubisoft to take leadership of an upcoming Assassin’s Creed title. The team is ready for the next big step.”

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Adewale-618x483.jpg

Naturally, this takes people. Ubisoft announced in January that Quebec would expand its talent pool by around 100 new staff in the next three years. So far, Quebec has hired more than half of their goal, bringing the total team up to 350 people. And, yes, some of them are already at work on a future Assassins Creed right now.

While no other details about this upcoming Assassin’s Creed are forthcoming (and believe us, we tried to pry some free), Rioux was happy to share some of what makes Ubisoft Quebec special. Along with the aforementioned work, the studio also played a key role in developing the companion gaming for Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed. “One of the main missions of our studio is to be a leader in creating a universe – connected and mobile,” Rioux says. “Beyond that, it’s to be able to connect to our universe wherever you want, with whatever device you want, and at any time you want.”

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/NicolasRioux_275x.jpg

Rioux also compares the growth of Quebec to the rise of Montreal. “If you look back at the Montreal studio, you’ll see the same story,” says Rioux, who worked at Ubisoft Montreal from 1997 to 2005, before heading to Quebec. “We started from scratch with several employees. We started with the same strategy: to have employees with different kinds of experience. We’re taking it step-by-step so we can reach our goals. I was in Montreal in the beginning, too. It was the same story. We started to work on some projects, and each year we were building confidence in ourselves while working toward delivering bigger and bigger projects.”

That said, going from a supporting studio to a leading studio will bring about new challenges, but Rioux is confident that the team is ready. “You’re in charge of everything,” he says. “You’re also in charge of making sure you have a good collaboration with the other studios. It’s a team effort between studios, but when you have the responsibilities of leadership, there’s also more pressure. It’s good pressure.”

RECRUIT MISSIONS

If you’re interested in joining Ubisoft Quebec, now’s a great time. The studio is committed to being in St-Roch for the next 14 years (at the very least), having signed a dozen-year lease that begins when the new location is completed in 2016. And they’re recruiting in earnest, for positions that include level designers, game designers, character artists, audio designers, animators, technical directors, testers and more. Check out all the current job openings at Ubisoft Quebec Jobs here:www.quebec.ubisoft.com/en/career (http://www.quebec.ubisoft.com/en/career)

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/UbisoftQuebec-618x348.jpg

“We plan to be at 425 people before the end of 2017,” Rioux says. And with the growth in both the studio and its location – an area that’s “bursting with creativity,” according to Rioux – Ubisoft Quebec is on track to build, to flourish and to be an even bigger part of Ubisoft’s global development team.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
Wait so does this mean lead writers that are settled in montreal will no longer be lead writers for the AC franchise?

Waht aboot Darbs!?

edit:

nvm i don't know my geography

roostersrule2
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Seems like Ubi's flagship is no longer the focal point.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 06:52 PM
Montreal is in Quebec too....so...where is this?

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 06:53 PM

AHAHAHA I feel like an idiot then. :rolleyes:

I knew I failed geography for a reason :p

Farlander1991
07-02-2014, 07:33 PM

Montreal is a city in the province of Quebec, the studio that's in the news is in the city Quebec of the province Quebec ;)

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 07:39 PM
I am very nervous as the Homestead was crap in AC 3 and Tyranny of Washington was perhaps the worse gameplay experience I have had in any AC game and Quebec worked on those. Freedom Cry on the other hand was the best AC DLC I have ever played. Please take your time and make a good AC game please!

steveeire
07-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Montreal is a city in the province of Quebec, the studio that's in the news is in the city Quebec of the province Quebec ;)

So its only up the road?

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Oh makes sense now...

Sushiglutton
07-02-2014, 07:46 PM

Good that you allready know a little about your next home town ;)

MasterAssasin84
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM

This !!

It looks as though the team could be relocating to Quebec City Nothing too alarming about this news

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I am very nervous as the Homestead was crap in AC 3
Crap, huh? see, this is why they created the encyclopedia of the common man..it's because most people wont bother to watch the amount of work they did on the homestead people...they needed to force us to walk around and stalk the Homestead residents for hours.

Every citizen in the homestead has their own lives and their daily routines, the amount of scripting is equivalent to some of the best RPGs out there with detailed NPC routines like Skyrim--it doesnt end there either--the routines are not fixed, everyday is a different combination of activities that they can do, the homestead loop of NPC routines is identical to the one found in RDR.

Add to that the hours of animation for each activity, the detail in every activity (The chopping of that pig, the baking of bread...etc)...it's a HUGE number of probabilities for the AI to calculate and accomplish, heck, even every activity has more than one set of Animations...i'd say about 2 different set of animations for each. in some ways, it's even more complex than RDR.

so tell me again how crap the homestead was, oh you didnt like some of the voice acting and the blandness of the missions?? boohoo

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 08:13 PM
The stuff you did in the Homestead missions was not that fun to be honest. I liked the story though, so I could get over it.

I can see why some people don't like it though.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
The stuff you did in the Homestead missions was not that fun to be honest. I liked the story though, so I could get over it.

I can see why some people don't like it though.
SOME of the stuff, there were some pretty fun missions, like finding the poachers who attacked Myriam, saving Terry and chasing the thief away from Terry's house. Saying that the homestead was crap is stupid, considering what I just posted...

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 08:19 PM
I liked the homestead missions, but the actual homestead renovation and crafting/trading was crap.

Farlander1991
07-02-2014, 08:23 PM
This !!

It looks as though the team could be relocating to Quebec City Nothing too alarming about this news

Nobody is relocating.

Quebec is a province in Canada.
Ubisoft has got two studios in the province, one in Montreal, one in Quebec City. So the studio in Quebec CITY (which was formed in 2005) is going to get larger.

Every citizen in the homestead has their own lives and their daily routines, the amount of scripting is equivalent to some of the best RPGs out there with detailed NPC routines like Skyrim--it doesnt end there either--the routines are not fixed, everyday is a different combination of activities that they can do, the homestead loop of NPC routines is identical to the one found in RDR.

The most memorable part of the homestead for me was the fact that people hold doors open for you if you're close and acknowledge that with a phrase. My first thought was 'OMFG THIS IS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!'.

But that's the game developer speaking in me, and really this is the kind of stuff that shouldn't be noticed or be focused on, it just has to be there for the players to only subconsciously realize that it's there. The ironies of game development.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 08:27 PM
@farlander

y'know that happened to me once.

but when i walked over to enter the door the dude closed it in my face :mad:

Farlander1991
07-02-2014, 08:32 PM
@farlander

y'know that happened to me once.

but when i walked over to enter the door the dude closed it in my face :mad:

Lol. If that was a sailor maybe he didn't like where you took him on the last voyage :D

On a serious note, weird things with AI can always happen. It's still awesome, though :p :D

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Homestead renovations were great. The crafting system did suck though.

I liked the hide out in AC4 but I do wish it was more in depth.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 08:46 PM
There was literally no point in renovating your hideout in AC4, apart from the faction headquarters. And even then, you didn't need prostitutes and mercenaries to be free because you were always filthy rich.

I think they added it in to give it an AC2 vibe.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 08:46 PM
The most memorable part of the homestead for me was the fact that people hold doors open for you if you're close and acknowledge that with a phrase. My first thought was 'OMFG THIS IS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!'.

But that's the game developer speaking in me, and really this is the kind of stuff that shouldn't be noticed or be focused on, it just has to be there for the players to only subconsciously realize that it's there. The ironies of game development.
Yeah, same here, I remember that.

It just reminded me how different the conversations were about AC III when I had them with people here compared to people in the game design major with me, we can criticize the game to hell but in the end, we'd acknowledge all the positives too and all the little details. Ironies indeed.

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 08:47 PM
I liked it, gave my house a guest house and a belltower thing.

plus I could go down and check on my booty

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Add to that the hours of animation for each activity, the detail in every activity (The chopping of that pig, the baking of bread...etc)...it's a HUGE number of probabilities for the AI to calculate and accomplish, heck, even every activity has more than one set of Animations...i'd say about 2 different set of animations for each. in some ways, it's even more complex than RDR.

Sorry but what you just said here is complete rubbish. Yes the active AI is complex, and the activities undertaken by the AI was in some ways difficult to calculate, but ultimately, the homestead missions felt rushed and the overall homestead idea failed to intertwine with the overall story arc of the game. The homestead was last on my mind when I was playing the game because there was very little encouragement to actually complete the missions. You make the homestead sound as if its a revolutionary step in game programming, but it was essentially no different to usual districts in open worlds that calculate many different actions consistently.

GunnerGalactico
07-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Homestead renovations were great. The crafting system did suck though.

I liked the hide out in AC4 but I do wish it was more in depth.

I liked it too. :)

Monteriggioni and the Homestead are my most favourite locations. The Great Inagua and Tiber Island Hideout are my third and forth favourite, respectively.

There was literally no point in renovating your hideout in AC4, apart from the faction headquarters. And even then, you didn't need prostitutes and mercenaries to be free because you were always filthy rich.

I thought so too.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Sorry but what you just said here is complete rubbish. Yes the active AI is complex, and the activities undertaken by the AI was in some ways difficult to calculate, but ultimately, the homestead missions felt rushed and the overall homestead idea failed to intertwine with the overall story arc of the game. The homestead was last on my mind when I was playing the game because there was very little encouragement to actually complete the missions. You make the homestead sound as if its a revolutionary step in game programming, but it was essentially no different to usual districts in open worlds that calculate many different actions consistently.
The ignorance is strong here. The difference between the usual open world districts and the Homestead residents is that in the usual open world districts, the NPCs have a pre-set path with just one or 3 things to do along the way, adding to the fact that they spawn and re-sapwn depending on your location to them and the day/night has no effect on their paths either but all of this is interesting to bring up since you so nonchalantly say "no different from the open world districts" (which is wrong) as if it's nothing too complicated to create...this is when you lose any credibility, the stupid card of "it's not that hard to make" when you really have no idea what you're talking about and have NO idea what goes into making anything of what you're playing.

The NPCs in the homestead don't have a set path for them to just infinitely walk on and just initiate a few different activities along the way, it's more complex than that..you have to also realize the difference between the NPC loop in AC III and the NPC loop in pre-AC III games, i already explained the Homestead simulation where each individul runs a diverse behavior tree which allows them to context switch VERY rapidly, unlike the semi-dummy FSM for the background NPCs in NY, Boston and the Frontier but that seemed to go far over your head--The algorithms involved in the scripting of every action is way more complex than anything in the open world districts. try following a normal citizen in NY or Boston and tell me how "not so different" it is from following Godfrey or Lance around the homestead.

What YOU'RE saying is that the homestead is crap because the missions were no fun, i'm saying LOOK at the complexity of the AI they managed to create--they obviously have some very talented coders and this could spell amazing things for the future of crowd AI.

Farlander1991
07-02-2014, 09:02 PM

I never really felt in AC4 that Great Inagua was my homebase. Never had that connection like I did with Monterrigioni. A few reasons for that:
a) Great Inagua never changed as drastically as Monterrigionni, it was for the most part pretty established. Monterrigionni changed from a drab place with vines all over the place and everything in a very bad shape to a very nice little city. There just isn't that much change between unupgraded Great Inagua and fully upgraded Great Inagua.
b) There's less reasons to consistently return to Great Inagua. In case of Monterrigioni, you AT LEAST went back there regularly to take money from Claudia ('salute, Claudia!'), but you also had the armor (though, Great Inagua has that too), new training moves to learn (AC4 doesn't have that), cheaper stores (in AC4 they're priced the same, though if ship upgrades would cost cheaper on GI, I definitely would've preferred to upgrade there), place codex pages on the wall, place feathers for mother, plus there were little side missions over the place (and aside from the assassination mission and introduction to the hideout, GI doesn't have any content with the exception of a few collectibles) - the crypt thing, the statues, possibly something else I'm missing... and even with collectibles, you couldn't collect everything without renovating Monterrigionni, as renovating it opened up new spaces, but you can collect everything on GI without renovating a thing.

So, yeah, GI didn't feel like home. But, honestly, Nassau did, actually. Nassau was much more important both to Edward and the story than Great Inagua, plus much more content there. And when I got back there after escaping from the prison near the end, and went to the tavern where there were always a bunch of people and music, and hadn't found there anybody but the bartender (and a game player), I felt genuinely sad.

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 09:06 PM
The ignorance is strong here. The difference between the usual open world districts and the Homestead residents is that in the usual open world districts, the NPCs have a pre-set path with just one or 3 things to do along the way, adding to the fact that they spawn and re-sapwn depending on your location to them and the day/night has no effect on their paths either but all of this is interesting to bring up since you so nonchalantly say "no different from the open world districts" (which is wrong) as if it's nothing too complicated to create...this is when you lose any credibility, the stupid card of "it's not that hard to make" when you really have no idea what you're talking about and have NO idea what goes into making anything of what you're playing.

The NPCs in the homestead don't have a set path for them to just infinitely walk on and just initiate a few different activities along the way, it's pretty more complex than that..you have to also realize the difference between the NPC loop in AC III and the NPC loop in pre-AC III games, i already explained the Homestead loop but that seemed to go far over your head--The algorithms involved in the scripting of every action is way more complex than anything in the open world districts. try following a normal citizen in NY or Boston and tell me how "not so different" it is from following Godfrey or Lance around the homestead.

What YOU'RE saying is that the homestead is crap because the missions were no fun, i'm saying LOOK at the complexity of the AI they managed to create--they obviously have some very talented coders and this could spell amazing things for the future of crowd AI.

Im not being ignorant, I am always praising Ubisoft for the work that goes into their games, specifically Assassins Creed as it is the one game that develops a historical open world. I am not saying its "easy" - you are clearly not understanding what I am saying. Im not saying the homestead missions were technologically bad. I am saying that they were just not fun in the slightest. I may not completely understand the complexities of AI development, but you don't either. The homestead missions for me were terrible. You may have enjoyed them, thats good for you. I didn't.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I never really felt in AC4 that Great Inagua was my homebase. Never had that connection like I did with Monterrigioni. A few reasons for that:
a) Great Inagua never changed as drastically as Monterrigionni, it was for the most part pretty established. Monterrigionni changed from a drab place with vines all over the place and everything in a very bad shape to a very nice little city. There just isn't that much change between unupgraded Great Inagua and fully upgraded Great Inagua.
b) There's less reasons to consistently return to Great Inagua. In case of Monterrigioni, you AT LEAST went back there regularly to take money from Claudia ('salute, Claudia!'), but you also had the armor (though, Great Inagua has that too), new training moves to learn (AC4 doesn't have that), cheaper stores (in AC4 they're priced the same, though if ship upgrades would cost cheaper on GI, I definitely would've preferred to upgrade there), place codex pages on the wall, place feathers for mother, plus there were little side missions over the place (and aside from the assassination mission and introduction to the hideout, GI doesn't have any content with the exception of a few collectibles) - the crypt thing, the statues, possibly something else I'm missing... and even with collectibles, you couldn't collect everything without renovating Monterrigionni, as renovating it opened up new spaces, but you can collect everything on GI without renovating a thing.

So, yeah, GI didn't feel like home. But, honestly, Nassau did, actually. Nassau was much more important both to Edward and the story than Great Inagua, plus much more content there. And when I got back there after escaping from the prison near the end, and went to the tavern where there were always a bunch of people and music, and hadn't found there anybody but the bartender (and a game player), I felt genuinely sad.

I agree. It would have been nice to have our hideout in Nassau, or have the interior of the lower deck be a sort of mini-hideout. I figured that's where he would sleep anyway, and where he would spend the majority of his time in between seafaring.

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 09:11 PM
Im not being ignorant, I am always praising Ubisoft for the work that goes into their games, specifically Assassins Creed as it is the one game that develops a historical open world. I am not saying its "easy" - you are clearly not understanding what I am saying. Im not saying the homestead missions were technologically bad. I am saying that they were just not fun in the slightest. I may not completely understand the complexities of AI development, but you don't either. The homestead missions for me were terrible. You may have enjoyed them, thats good for you. I didn't.
pretty sure M is actually working on things relating to AI development so you can't say that he doesn't understand them

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-02-2014, 09:12 PM
I enjoyed the homestead missions. Really gave us a chance to know more of the homesteaders and their story, as well as Connor's on a small scale.

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 09:14 PM
pretty sure M is actually working on things relating to AI development so you can't say that he doesn't understand them

He is so aggressive in his posts its unbelievable

GunnerGalactico
07-02-2014, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing that the main reason why The Great Inagua was a home base is simply because the Templar Armour was locked inside the mansion and you had to acquire the keys to unlock, similar to the Altair Armour in AC2. That was it's main purpose.

Farlander1991
07-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I'm guessing that the main reason why The Great Inagua was a home base is simply because the Templar Armour was locked inside the mansion and you had to acquire the keys to unlock, similar to the Altair Armour in AC2. That was it's main purpose.

Well, it also supposedly docks the ships from Kenway's fleet, but we don't see them either so doesn't really feel like it matters. The Templar armor key thing could've been done without the homebase thing, to be fair.

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm on M's side here.

I-Like-Pie45
07-02-2014, 09:21 PM
M&Ms

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 09:25 PM
I wasn't aware M was a programmer. Cool. :o

Ureh
07-02-2014, 09:26 PM
While no other details about this upcoming Assassin’s Creed are forthcoming (and believe us, we tried to pry some free), Rioux was happy to share some of what makes Ubisoft Quebec special. Along with the aforementioned work, the studio also played a key role in developing the companion gaming for Watch Dogs and Assassin’s Creed. “One of the main missions of our studio is to be a leader in creating a universe – connected and mobile,” Rioux says. “Beyond that, it’s to be able to connect to our universe wherever you want, with whatever device you want, and at any time you want.”
RECRUIT MISSIONS

If you’re interested in joining Ubisoft Quebec, now’s a great time. The studio is committed to being in St-Roch for the next 14 years (at the very least), having signed a dozen-year lease that begins when the new location is completed in 2016. And they’re recruiting in earnest, for positions that include level designers, game designers, character artists, audio designers, animators, technical directors, testers and more. Check out all the current job openings at Ubisoft Quebec Jobs here:www.quebec.ubisoft.com/en/career (http://www.quebec.ubisoft.com/en/career)

“We plan to be at 425 people before the end of 2017,” Rioux says. And with the growth in both the studio and its location – an area that’s “bursting with creativity,” according to Rioux – Ubisoft Quebec is on track to build, to flourish and to be an even bigger part of Ubisoft’s global development team.

Possibly, maybe, finally a companion app for Initiates?! And at least 14 more ACs!?! Bring it! >:-D

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 09:28 PM
My problem here is that you took the WHOLE Homestead and called it crap.

actually, I understand more than you do in the complexities of AI development.

He is so aggressive in his posts its unbelievable
This is the first time i ever talked to you but sure...i'm aggressive, i'm pretty passionate about Game Design, i'm not as level-headed as Farlander...

JustPlainQuirky
I honestly think AC is going to be like mario when it comes to having games.

So many to the point people stop questioning it.

And I don't mind, really. Since I grew up with Nintendo IPs

GunnerGalactico
Well, it also supposedly docks the ships from Kenway's fleet, but we don't see them either so doesn't really feel like it matters. The Templar armor key thing could've been done without the homebase thing, to be fair.

And that too :p

Anyways, I agree with you... it doesn't make a difference and the homebase could have been in Nassau, or removed entirely.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 09:30 PM
I think m3r-k7 is entitled to his own opinion. Even though I personally like the homestead missions.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 09:36 PM
I think m3r-k7 is entitled to his own opinion. Even though I personally like the homestead missions.
Did I say he wasn't??

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Did I say he wasn't??

No its just that it felt like you had a very agressive tone.

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 09:40 PM
No its just that it felt like you had a very agressive tone.

Thank you! :) :) :) :)

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 09:46 PM
No its just that it felt like you had a very aggressive tone.
I left the level-headed posts to Farlander, that way there'd be variety...level-headed talk about game Design, Farlander--Aggressive talk about game Design (especially if you start it with "this was crap" "that was crap") Assassin_M

i'm pretty sure saying the Homestead is crap can be considered aggressive criticism too but hey..

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 09:50 PM
I left the level-headed posts to Farlander, that way there'd be variety...level-headed talk about game Design, Farlander--Aggressive talk about game Design (especially if you start it with "this was crap" "that was crap") Assassin_M

i'm pretty sure saying the Homestead is crap can be considered aggressive criticism too but hey..

lol is that how you do things? :rolleyes:

I don't really consider it agressive. If I did, I would be harping on so many people about AC3. :rolleyes:

But y'know people are bound to love and hate different aspects of a game so i feel its no biggie :p

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 09:51 PM

I wasn't being aggressive to you. My opinion is that it was crap. That does not mean I don't respect people who do enjoy it. I wasn't talking about the specific game design either, I just didn't find it fun and thats why I said that it was crap. If you enjoyed it, that doesn't bother me. But hey, theres no point dragging this out. I'm sorry if my opinion differed to yours, I did not mean to be aggressive to anyone in particular.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 09:54 PM
I wasn't being aggressive to you. My opinion is that it was crap. That does not mean I don't respect people who do enjoy it. I wasn't talking about the specific game design either, I just didn't find it fun and thats why I said that it was crap. If you enjoyed it, that doesn't bother me. But hey, theres no point dragging this out. I'm sorry if my opinion differed to yours, I did not mean to be aggressive to anyone in particular.
mate, don't apologize, i'm the one who should be..

lol is that how you do things? :rolleyes:

I don't really consider it agressive. If I did, I would be harping on so many people about AC3. :rolleyes:

But y'know people are bound to love and hate different aspects of a game so i feel its no biggie :p
I like making things biggie

rickprog
07-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Perhaps the developing took a lot of time to do and so on, and it was notably done on a very detailed way, but that doesn't imply at all that it was fun. At one point, at least for me, filling the Encyclopedia of the Common Man became a hell of a chore and not the informative task it was meant (at least that's what I perceive) to be. In any case, I do believe that the Homestead was the most lively and enjoyable of all Assassin's hideouts, if you could call it that. I still wish they clear up what ever happened with it...

Also, does anyone believe that the recent "Comet" rumors (the ones of Ubisoft looking for testers for a new AC game) are in any way linked to this studio change and not necessarily to "Comet"?

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the forums! :o

rickprog
07-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Thank you! As I posted on another thread (can't remember which, lol) I've been a lurker for quite a while but only got to posting a few days ago after Initiates went down for upgrading. It seems like a great place, outside of the unusual bot-thread barrages that come up now and then.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 11:02 PM
We have plenty of lurkers it seems. I hope you enjoy your stay :o

SirTookTookIII
07-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Thank you! As I posted on another thread (can't remember which, lol) I've been a lurker for quite a while but only got to posting a few days ago after Initiates went down for upgrading. It seems like a great place, outside of the unusual bot-thread barrages that come up now and then.
Same here, I've been checking out a lot of threads for quite a while but I don't post a lot and I want to try to post more. I've been coming to the threads almost every day when I'm bored so I might as well get involved.

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 01:02 AM
joiiiiiin uuuuuus :rolleyes:

always nice to know im being silently judged :cool:

Locopells
07-03-2014, 01:12 AM
We have plenty of lurkers it seems. I hope you enjoy your stay :o

Oh great, now I'm gonna start shooting at shadows...

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:13 AM
you're going to shoot mr shade? O.O HOW DARE YOU TRAIN MOD

SirTookTookIII
07-03-2014, 01:16 AM
joiiiiiin uuuuuus :rolleyes:

always nice to know im being silently judged :cool:

Think about it... we know you... but you don't know us.

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 01:25 AM
Think about it... we know you... but you don't know us.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-sCv9pBSlvF0/U4sLdTowk9I/AAAAAAAAAlQ/Qi77VZ4YiIE/s1600/Joaquin+terrified.gif

Assassin_M
07-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Sooooo........Ubisoft Quebec heading AC?? anyone?

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:30 AM
I hope Toronto heads an Assassin's Creed game some day. I loved Blacklist.

Shahkulu101
07-03-2014, 01:38 AM
Sooooo........Ubisoft Quebec heading AC?? anyone?

They've made two DLC: FC and TOKW.

Both lacking in the gameplay department, although because they didn't execute ideas properly.

FC tried to use slavery as an emotionally relevant game mechanic in the way that we were always saving them and that no matter how much we did, slavery would still be there. However, shamelessly and ridiculously, they were used as currency to buy weapons. I was offended at the sentiment and bad design.

In TOKW, all but the invincibility power are uninteresting.

For the main games, let's hope they have a better handle on things. I expect them to, anyway. The Montreal team was always working on different AC's at the same time, so a change of personnel is not cause for concern.

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:41 AM
I have faith in practically all game studios if they're given proper resources and time, so, this can only be a good thing in my opinion since it might mean that AC development will be less spread across the world and in a more focused area.

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 01:46 AM
I have faith in practically all game studios if they're given proper resources and time, so, this can only be a good thing in my opinion since it might mean that AC development will be less spread across the world and in a more focused area.

http://www.wtfgamersonly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Electronic-Arts-feature.jpg

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:50 AM
most of EA's games are actually good...

Activision is the one that makes sucky games because they put all of their money into CoD

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 01:53 AM
most of EA's games are actually good...

Activision is the one that makes sucky games because they put all of their money into CoD

And Prototype....at least they used to....

http://www.priestsforlife.org/africanamerican/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Praying-on-Knees.gif

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 01:55 AM
they barely put any money into Prototype.

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
they barely put any money into Prototype.

That's even worse

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/3r/Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 02:02 AM
honestly the only reason why I finished the first Prototype was because I felt guilty that I haven't been finishing it. I only really played it to run around with the prototype super powers, the story, the side missions, the characters.. all boring.

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 02:03 AM
honestly the only reason why I finished the first Prototype was because I felt guilty that I haven't been finishing it. I only really played it to run around with the prototype super powers, the story, the side missions, the characters.. all boring.

pfffft the story was pretty terrible.

I love it for the fun gameplay, cool virus powers concept and BAMF Alex Mercer :cool:

rickprog
07-03-2014, 02:43 AM
The Tyranny of King Washington and Freedom Cry DLCs both had a cool concepts if you ask me.

I guess the addition of powers on TOKW was... Exotic, to call it some way; it added some interesting features, like the eagle power which was quite useful considering how spread apart buildings were on AC3. I mean, that demonstrates that the Quebec studio also has certain awareness of what could be fixed on AC, at least on the gameplay aspect.

Focusing resources on the studio for them to develop a full game could work well if we take concept and gameplay development as indicators. Game mechanics, like the slave freeing in exchange for upgrades on Freedom Cry, could have a better reception in a different scenario (at least I agree that it was quite distasteful) and broaden what has been done on previous AC games.

ShoryukenMan
07-03-2014, 03:33 AM
I liked pretty much all the power ups in TOKW.

Especially the flying one.

Different strokes, I guess.

HDinHB
07-03-2014, 04:05 AM

It could mean development will still be spread around, but the leadership load at Montreal would go from three AC games at a time to two. That could be a good thing too, especially since Montreal may be knee deep in Far Cry 4 and 5 and Watch Dogs 2 and 3. I can't think of any complaints resulting from the people tapping the keys or where they are located, but on decisions made by higher management Spreading the leadership role around might stir things up and lead to some fresh, innovative ideas.

Or not.

poptartz20
07-03-2014, 06:22 AM
ahhh... I wish I could speak french right now and had a degree in programming. *keeps playing with photoshop*

Jexx21
07-03-2014, 03:24 PM
It could mean development will still be spread around, but the leadership load at Montreal would go from three AC games at a time to two. That could be a good thing too, especially since Montreal may be knee deep in Far Cry 4 and 5 and Watch Dogs 2 and 3. I can't think of any complaints resulting from the people tapping the keys or where they are located, but on decisions made by higher management Spreading the leadership role around might stir things up and lead to some fresh, innovative ideas.

Or not.

I think having the leadership at montreal be less spread apart is good as well.

They could always do a CoD thing and have different "storylines"

Like how I was thinking they could deal with protagonists...

2014- Arno
2015- Connor
2016- Arno
2017- Shao Jun
2018- New Assassin
2019- Shao Jun
2020- New Assassin

and so on and so forth

Kakuzu745
07-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I think they worked in Freedom's Cry right? That is good news, I really enjoyed the DLC and if you ask me, I would not mind more Caribbean setup with a little more time in the cities (meaning not so much ship time) and Adewale as the main character.