PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity System Requirements

MeirTolpin11
07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
I want to buy the Lenovo y510p Gaming Laptop .
CPU : intel core i7 4700q 2.4 -3.4 GHZ
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GT 750m sli 2gb
Ram: 16 gb
HHD: 1000GB - 5400rpm

can I run The Assassin's creed Unity on high Resolution ? And If not which Laptop i need to run it ?

Thanks

Mr_Shade
07-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi,

The PC requirements have not been officially released yet - So, I can't offer suggestions.

As with most Ubisoft titles, laptops are not always supported / recommended for gaming - so I will have to ask you wait until the requirements are released before taking ideas from the community - or - you run the risk of not having the correct information..

playlisting
07-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Do not. Buy. A gaming. Laptop. They're expensive, weaker and run hotter than desktops and as Mr_Shade says, generally aren't supported by games. There's plenty powerful pre-built desktops out there for a good price if you're not confident enough to build your own. Trust me, you'll regret buying a laptop for gaming.

Locopells
07-03-2014, 12:47 AM
I dunno, I've have good times with my Toshiba Qosmios. The only disadvantage I've encountered is that you can't upgrade separate parts (and replacements can be tricky to get sometimes as well).

naumaan
07-03-2014, 02:00 AM
when i saw the topic name, i thought the system requirements are released ... and i was too happy for a moment until i opened and read it ..

Anykeyer
07-03-2014, 07:38 AM
LOL at 750M SLI. 2 cards, with single 750 desktop performance, which is like 5 times slower than 780 ti, which is probably the minimum card to run Unity on max settings.
Dont buy gaming laptops. Ever. They have weak pefrormance for their price, weak or noisy (often both) ventilation , 10-20m battery life under any decent load, ****ty speakers and you will stare at crappy little screen. Personally I consider them to be a form of scam.

Locopells
07-03-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm guessing you've never brought a decent one then...

Anykeyer
07-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Ofc I didnt. And the reason is quite simple. There is no such thing in existence.
Top-performance GPUs like GK110, 24+ inches IPS displays, hi-fi level acoustics, hardware-accelerated sound with HTRF and headphone amplifier, built-in mechanical keyboards. Name just 1 model. To get all this you have to buy a lot of external equipment, essentially turning laptop into a silly badly ventilated, noisy, hard to upgrade desktop case.
You can say those things arent necessary, but then even dirty console peasants will have better gaming experience than you.

Locopells
07-04-2014, 12:31 AM
The point of laptops are portability. Of course you're gonna have to make sacrifices for that - it doesn't mean the machines aren't good for what they are, you just don't have to dedicate a room to them, (exaggeration I know, but you get my point - and not everyone likes that style of gaming), and you can move them easily...

Like I say, I've had good times on my Toshiba Qosmios (and they aren't even top of the range).

Billy444777
07-15-2014, 07:24 PM
I have a gaming notebook and runs games great with one of the latest cool down systems and latest graphics card! If you want a gaming laptop do research and you will surely find a decent one! Advice go for ASUS ROG laptops they are great!

Anykeyer
07-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Except they arent. My friend owns high end ROG (17 inches, quad core haswell i7, 780M 4GB) and it can only be classified as "facepalm".