PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Patch please. These shadows...... I BEG YOU

stunnaJay87
07-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Chances are Ubisoft doesn't give one fck, but I thought I could atleast try and bring this issue to their attention. I've recently bought 5 ACs from the steam summer sale and let me tell you.. AC1 is a fantastic game. I played through the whole game in a matter of 6-7 hours and it was glorious. Admittedly the dialogue was not too great but the 9(10) assassinations were good stuff. I start up AC 2 after downloading Uplay(SUPER PUMPED BTW) and I immediately notice the game is about 5 times as shiny as AC1. So I go into graphics and turn everything down to the lowest possible setting, while trying to maintain my 1900x1200 res. This is where I became an incredibly sad panda.. :( PLEASE Ubisoft let me turn off the shadows! LORDY THE DEPRESSION. My PC was able to play AC1 flawlessly on lowest settings and highest res(despite viewpoint lag occasionally) but my GPU doesn't handle shadows very well. On the "1/3" shadows level my PC gets about 40-50 frames consistently which is less than optimal for me(inb4 forum nerds tell me to upgrade my card/look at system reqs). I'm using a gtx570 and I've never had many problems with games on lowest settings. Honestly, Ubisoft, I just wanted to tell you how genuinely depressed I was when I found out I couldn't play this game properly. I'm not sure if AC-Brotherhood/3/Revelations(other games I've purchased) have the same graphical options as AC2, but LOOKS LIKE I'LL NEVER FIND OUT seeing as I'd have to beat this game first in order to keep the (so far fantastic)storyline straight. Also was really diggin that new British guy's accent. I love how you instantly noticed that your dialogue was bland AF in AC1. Anyways.. I've given you MY viewpoint on the situation.. Hah.. get it?

Much love,

Jayson

PLEASE PATCH OH PRETTY PLEASE WITH A MOUNTAIN OF CHERRIES ON TOP

Batsassin
07-02-2014, 03:38 AM
I cant even log into uplay anymore for some damn reason on ac2!!!

Anykeyer
07-02-2014, 07:12 AM
GTX 570 should be able to handle ac2 on max settings. But AC games are very CPU demanding, basically you need quad core i5 or i7.

stunnaJay87
07-02-2014, 09:57 PM
I have an i7 920 @ 2.67ghz

stunnaJay87
07-02-2014, 10:13 PM
I know it's like one of the oldest i7's but this game was made in 2009...

playlisting
07-02-2014, 11:58 PM
While we're on the topic of AC 2, how can I fix the sawtooth shadows? They're very jaggy even with 16x MSAA.