PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity Idea or Answer

Markal_Maia
07-02-2014, 02:05 AM
I think since Assassins creed unity is gonna be co-op multiiplayer it should also unless they do plan this have a split screen mode the same as multi player but for people in the house hold. I would like if someone had an answer or if they could support my suggestion for the game because many would enjoy this. If a directer could respond I would be happy with that.
Thank you for the support

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 02:09 AM
pretty sure they already said that it's not possible

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:09 AM
I would love offline co-op but i understand why they didn't go for it...unfortunately, offline co-op is dying...even games that have a long history with offline multiplayer are now abandoning it in favor of online

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 02:12 AM
I would say I miss couch co-op, but I game on PC so I actually can't do that regardless.

But I do think it's nice for a more social environment.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 02:16 AM
Why organise for your friends to come over to your place when you can talk and play through online connectivity?

And if you're friends happen to be in your house, why game with them anyway? das fo kidz

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Why organise for your friends to come over to your place when you can talk and play through online connectivity?

And if you're friends happen to be in your house, why game with them anyway? das fo kidz
Siblings...

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 02:21 AM
Siblings...

Oh yeah...

I don't think sibling play is a priority for publishers... apart from like sports games and stuff.

Plus spit screen was annoying for me, it just looked cluttery and weird....

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Oh yeah...

I don't think sibling play is a priority for publishers... apart from like sports games and stuff.

Plus spit screen was annoying for me, it just looked cluttery and weird....
That's why I said it's dying and i understand why it's dying...offline multiplayer means less machines and games sold, online multiplayer means more machines and games sold

I-Like-Pie45
07-02-2014, 02:31 AM
because you havent had a friendship broken until youve had it broken oldskool

like over a game like mario party

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 02:55 AM
I would love offline co-op but i understand why they didn't go for it...unfortunately, offline co-op is dying...even games that have a long history with offline multiplayer are now abandoning it in favor of online

I loved the good old days of offline co-op. Every now and then I like to boot up the dusty old PS2, mainly whenever we have family gatherings, and my cousins and I kill the time with those ancient low poly relics from a bygone era. Acme Arsenal and Tekken 5 (not really co-op but still a damn good 2 player game) are particular favourites of mine.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 03:01 AM
I loved the good old days of offline co-op. Every now and then I like to boot up the dusty old PS2, mainly whenever we have family gatherings, and my cousins and I kill the time with those ancient low poly relics from a bygone era. Acme Arsenal and Tekken 5 (not really co-op but still a damn good 2 player game) are particular favourites of mine.
Oh my god, yessss Acme arsenal, i loved that game...also, Bugs Bunny and Taz: time busters, that was so cool.

The good old days

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:02 AM
Nintendo is the only real source of local co-op these days...

Ureh
07-02-2014, 03:31 AM

Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Dance Dance Revolution, Street Fighter, Goldeneye.... were some of them. Good times...

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 03:37 AM
Oh my god, yessss Acme arsenal, i loved that game...also, Bugs Bunny and Taz: time busters, that was so cool.

The good old days

BB & T:TB was unfortunately one of the last remaining games still in working order that I had on PS1. Sadly all of them were either misplaced or scratched and damaged beyond repair over the years, rendering the console virtually useless. Oddly enough, I still have my dad's ancient Sega Genesis and a slew of its titles (still functional) safely packed away in the loft, cartridge games seem to stand the test of time far better than disc based media.

Mario Party, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Dance Dance Revolution, Street Fighter, Goldeneye.... were some of them. Good times...

I loved the 007 games. If I'm not mistaken, Ratchet and Clank up your arsenal also had an offline co-operative mode, though I played very little of the game and my memory's a tad sketchy.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 03:38 AM
Tony Hawk.

I played that on split-screen. Think you could do split screen on GTA too or I be trippin?

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:39 AM
Split Screen+Open World/Sandbox never really works out

GreySkellig
07-02-2014, 03:46 AM
While I would really love local co-op (my best friend and I both love the franchise, but he plays PC and I play PS), I see why they avoided it. Aside from the processing issues that accompany split-screen, it would be challenging to play AC split-screen unless you had a very large TV indeed.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:52 AM
Or had a Wii U gamepad :rolleyes:

GreySkellig
07-02-2014, 03:56 AM
I suppose in a similar vein they could do some slight of hand via PS Remote Play.

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 03:58 AM
Tony Hawk.

I played that on split-screen. Think you could do split screen on GTA too or I be trippin?

Not split screen (well, not in the unmodded version of the game anyway). In San Andreas you could go to particular points on the map to activate local multiplayer mode which allowed a second player to join in, but both of the players shared the same screen and were forced to stay close by or things would get kinda messy. It was a nightmare when two people both had the jet pack cheat activated.

I suppose in a similar vein they could do some slight of hand via PS Remote Play.

That's actually not a bad idea. It's akin to the companion apps a lot of games and systems support.

GunnerGalactico
07-02-2014, 10:44 AM
I'm not exactly a big fan of split-screen co-op because it makes the screen appear distorted and cluttered and it can be quite confusing at times. However, I did get used to it over the years. There was this one time I played CoD MW2 against my friends and it wasn't a fun experience at all, because they are not used to split-screen gameplay and I kept on killing them very easily :p

LoyalACFan
07-02-2014, 12:19 PM
It would have been cool to play with my brother sometimes, but I can understand why they're opting for online-only. Besides, AC probably wouldn't play too well in splitscreen since you have to watch all sides for parkouring and combat. Splitscreen works best with FPS's, IMO.

Dome500
07-02-2014, 04:45 PM
I don't think it's possible.
On PC it probably would be, but on consoles not. Think about it, you would have to run the whole game 2 times on 1 console to do a proper split-screen coop.
Not even if Coop would be only 2 players would that work. The world is just too huge, even nextgen doesn't have those resources.