PDA

View Full Version : Customize Arno!

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Uh..sooo...here!

http://www.acunity-unite.com/creator

1400 winners I think.

But I don't think this is available in the US. Which sucks.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Page isn't loading for me.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7zroke59N1r3iyueo4_250.gif

What am I missing out on

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Not loading for me either.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 07:28 PM
I stay in Egypt, we no do things for people outside the US
I come to the US, we no do things for people inside the US

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 07:29 PM
Well well, seems like Ubisoft having some fun with us. There's a website where you can customize your own Assassin, note that the winner is gonna see his custom appear on the next ACU reveal or something, like publicity. Anyway, I found this extremely amusing that even after all the polemic about no playable women being in ACU (and mostly no girls in any Ubisoft franchise) to propose this kind of min-game.

But, I have a little idea that could turn out really intersting. How about we manage to make a 'girly' Arno to win the competition. By that I mean an Arno with purple and white robes or at an extreme something pink. The point of all this would be to send a message to Ubisoft. That we do not forget and, by the same way, that we aren't the no-brain Ubi' think we are. And how funny would it be to see Ubisoft expose his so charismatic and manly character dressed as a women. I'm not saying that dressing like a women or women are funny though, don't misinterpret.

Here's the site> http://www.acunity-unite.com/ (oh yeah it only works in Europe and it's bugged as hell but still, most of you should manage to get trough)

Do your thing, community !
:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
Wolf just posted a thread of this...I think the page didnt load.

BUT THAT FRIGGIN SUCKS I WANNA PARTICIPATE

http://www.elle.com/cm/elle/images/3r/Cryinggifs_01_1.gif

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 07:30 PM
No.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I found out from the duplicate thread what it was.

Stupid region-exclusive events.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140605232214/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/1/1f/Crying.gif

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 07:32 PM
Could some kindly European take some screens for your poor Yankee brethren?

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:35 PM
Since I cant see the website, can someone post a screenshot of it?

Do you really get to design a character or is it essentially picking different outfit pieces and matching them together?

I mean if they already have the different parts they might as well include all of them and let us mash them in-game, no?

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
Since I cant see the website, can someone post a screenshot of it?

Do you really get to design a character or is it essentially picking different outfit pieces and matching them together?

I mean if they already have the different parts they might as well include all of them and let us mash them in-game, no?

It actually worked for me for like 5 minutes for some reason then failed. All it is is choosing different color to same outfit and changing the pattern..and the skin tone of arno for some reason..

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
You can change the skintone?

http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/attachments/xdtalk-chatter-box/27749d1399960047-apple-helping-hide-police-wrong-doings-wat.png

I wasn't aware they had tanning booths during the French Revolution

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 07:40 PM
Looks like this

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/27/1404239182-00.png

+ No, they had no reason to not incorporate a female character, it's either because they were too lazy (which wouldn't be a first) or because we told them not to do so. You simply cannot say they couldn't make it. It's Ubisoft we are talking here, and Assassin's Creed is one of the biggest series in the game industries, hundreds of people works on it everyday and you're saying they couldn't take a week to put some animation and voice over ? Think about it.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 07:43 PM
Well if they can change Arno's skin color (which IMO is weird considering Arno is supposed to be a historical dude with what I would imagine a set skin color, eye color, and hair color), then I don't see why they cant change his sex too lol.

I guess the animus didnt pick up on his details or someone hacked it for their own amusement? :rolleyes:

would also explain the "tough descision" you have to make in the end of Unity. Historically there should be one "true" option but if the animus didnt pick up on it, i guess it's up to the player to decide.

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Ugh... not available in my area. T_T I wanna create one!!!

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 07:47 PM
+ No, they had no reason to not incorporate a female character, it's either because they were too lazy (which wouldn't be a first) or because we told them not to do so. You simply cannot say they couldn't make it. It's Ubisoft we are talking here, and Assassin's Creed is one of the biggest series in the game industries, hundreds of people works on it everyday and you're saying they couldn't take a week to put some animation and voice over ? Think about it.

Jesus...

EVERYONE is playing as Arno. When you enter co-op, the other Assassins are just other player's Arnos with some random face superimposed over them for our benefit. They did it this way so that you could keep all of your customization items exactly as-is from the singleplayer. They could have made random female skins to superimpose over the other players, but what the hell would be the point in that? Eye candy? That wouldn't be a playable woman, it would be a playable Arno with a female skin slapped over it that only your friends could see. When you look at the promo art, you aren't looking at four male characters while the devs "lazily" decided not to make at least one female; you're looking at one male character customized four different ways.

If you want a female Assassin in the next game (I do, Shao Jun FTW) then that's all well and good. Just stop whining about this non-issue of no female co-op characters in Unity. If the next game stars a woman, then logically all the co-op characters will be women.

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
would also explain the "tough descision" you have to make in the end of Unity. Historically there should be one "true" option but if the animus didnt pick up on it, i guess it's up to the player to decide.

Depends on how the game ends. If it's a conclusion thant they are no problem with multiple past endings since the effect of the Present would be definitive. But if there is continuous episodes after this one, you kinda have a broken narrative. That's what happened with inFAMOUS...

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Well... all I can say is, ****. The masses are going to think this is representative of the customization system (which it's not), and the skin color selection doesn't help. I'm afraid this PR thing is going to cause another wave of controversy for silly reasons.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Well... all I can say is, ****. The masses are going to think this is representative of the customization system (which it's not), and the skin color selection doesn't help. I'm afraid this PR thing is going to cause another wave of controversy for silly reasons.

I can just see the ****storm on release day; "I thought I could make my Arno black! 0/10! :mad:"

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 07:52 PM
Adam, game devs are never lazy.

pacmanate
Yeah... why can we change his skin colour. What a bunch of crap.

Assassin_M
it's like a snowball rolling down the hill....wait for it...Ubisoft is just not lucky this year

ACfan443
07-01-2014, 07:54 PM
It's terrible, the customisation options are incredibly basic and the skin colour option virtually useless considering the winning design to feature in the TV Ad is almost certainly going to be white.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:00 PM
My validate button doesnt work -_-

Sushiglutton
07-01-2014, 08:02 PM
Hmmmm this worries me

http://cdn.smallscreenscoop.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/tim.jpg

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Jesus...

EVERYONE is playing as Arno. When you enter co-op, the other Assassins are just other player's Arnos with some random face superimposed over them for our benefit. They did it this way so that you could keep all of your customization items exactly as-is from the singleplayer. They could have made random female skins to superimpose over the other players, but what the hell would be the point in that? Eye candy? You aren't looking at four male characters while the devs "lazily" decided not to make at least one female; you're looking at one male character customized four different ways.

If you want a female Assassin in the next game (I do, Shao Jun FTW) then that's all well and good. Just stop whining about this non-issue of no female co-op characters in Unity. If the next game stars a woman, then logically all the co-op characters will be women.

Okay, why the hell did they choose to keep the same character for both single player and multiplayer ? Was it THAT hard to have a seamless transition between your SP and MP ? Look at GTA V for instance, you have your 3 SP characters (which are all men...) that you can customize all you want and you have you MP character that you can also customize all you want with the sex, hair color, face (±), race, height you want ! And nobody gave a single f... about the 'unity' of the transition, which is also heavy nothing to justifie keeping the same SP and MP character. Was it THAT hard to do the same for ACU ? WORSE, The_Division proposes you to create your character (sex, color, etc) in MP, why can't UbiMontreal do what every other single game company does ?

Plus, it's a narratively broken idea. It is technically impossible for the Animus to have four time the same ancestor at the same place, wait, screw the Animus, YOU cannot be at four places at the same time ! So no, the whole «we are all Arno» thing does not work, in any imaginable way, it just doesn't work as a whole. Sure from your point of view it will, but this implies they're are four universe where eveyrone is connected and plays on one game, it's just broken ! Eveyrthing was doing so well with the old method, and it could've worked now, but no, they decided to go crazy on a baseless idea and here we are finding ourselves with no female character while the past 4 games had some in the MP... brilliant.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:03 PM
a PR tool worries you?

Sushiglutton
07-01-2014, 08:05 PM
a PR tool worries you?

It was just a project runway reference ;)

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:07 PM
Okay, why the hell did they choose to keep the same character for both single player and multiplayer ? Was it THAT hard to have a seamless transition between your SP and MP ? Look at GTA V for instance, you have your 3 SP characters (which are all men...) that you can customize all you want and you have you MP character that you can also customize all you want with the sex, hair color, face (±), race, height you want ! And nobody gave a single f... about the 'unity' of the transition, which is also heavy nothing to justifie keeping the same SP and MP character. Was it THAT hard to do the same for ACU ? WORSE, The_Division proposes you to create your character (sex, color, etc) in MP, why can't UbiMontreal do what every other single game company does ?

Plus, it's a narratively broken idea. It is technically impossible for the Animus to have four time the same ancestor at the same place, wait, screw the Animus, YOU cannot be at four places at the same time ! So no, the whole «we are all Arno» thing does not work, in any imaginable way, it just doesn't work as a whole. Sure from your point of view it will, but this implies they're are four universe where eveyrone is connected and plays on one game, it's just broken ! Eveyrthing was doing so well with the old method, and it could've worked now, but no, they decided to go crazy on a baseless idea and here we are finding ourselves with no female character while the past 4 games had some in the MP... brilliant.

It's like Watch_Dogs and Far Cry 4. You always see yourself as the protagonist. The other co-op players have the faces of other Assassins replacing Arno's face, but the customization options that they have stay the same.

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 08:08 PM

Idiot.

Idiot.

At this point, everyone plays as Arno, so the people wanting to have a female assassin would just be looking at someone else has has boobs. For them to let you actually choose to be a woman, it would break out the seamless factor completely..because, well...you MAGICALLY CHANGE INTO A WOMAN.

Not to mention how they would have to introduce story and character backstories for all the assassins you could choose from if they went that route.

Basically, they went the watch dogs route early on in the game because they want to focus mostly on the actual game, not creating 3 extra characters and backstories that would suffocate dev time and brea the seamlessness.

From a narrative perspective..who the hell cares? They probably won't even include explanation of co op in the story anyway. The co op players will likely just represent assassin recruits that help arno, and no one but us knows they are actual players.

I REALLY want to hear your rebuttal to this: How the HELL can the game be seamless from MALE SINGLEPLAYER to FEMALE multiplayer? How?

Christ, you'd think that if a girl like me would be able to get the hell over myself and accept how the game is, guys could do the same.

rprkjj
07-01-2014, 08:08 PM

I actually think the animus will be a game console called Helix, and the co-op will be actual un-universe co-op, so it makes sense.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:09 PM
Okay, why the hell did they choose to keep the same character for both single player and multiplayer ? Was it THAT hard to have a seamless transition between your SP and MP ? Look at GTA V for instance, you have your 3 SP characters (which are all men...) that you can customize all you want and you have you MP character that you can also customize all you want with the sex, hair color, face (±), race, height you want ! And nobody gave a single f... about the 'unity' of the transition, which is also heavy nothing to justifie keeping the same SP and MP character.
if you're bringing GTA V into it, then you'd compare to actual competitive MP, ACB ACR, AC III, AC IV...those all had females and customization for them

Was it THAT hard to do the same for ACU ? WORSE, The_Division proposes you to create your character (sex, color, etc) in MP, why can't UbiMontreal do what every other single game company does ?
go play the division then lol, it's like watch dogs, it'd be VERY weird to see yourself as Arno and everyone else sees you as a female

it was technically impossible to relive memories of someone who's not your ancestor, your point?

also, once you play the "how hard can it be" card, then you lose all credibility with anything you have to say..

Dag_B
07-01-2014, 08:10 PM
The reason is that the Multiplayer is not a different mode. You use your Arno to go to some place, activate the Co-Op-Mission, leave the place with your new buddies and go all crazy.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:11 PM
racial customization was most likely so they wouldn't catch flack for this PR stunt, but maybe they didn't really consider that the actual game would catch flak for not be able to customize your race then.. or maybe they did and decided the outcome is better this way

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Why does my validate button not work.

Aphex_Tim
07-01-2014, 08:12 PM
What exactly is the purpose of this site? All you can do is change the color of parts of the outfit and Arno's skin. Hardly customization imo. I very much doubt this is representative of the customization available in the game since the demos clearly showed different players wearing different outfits; not just different colors.

Reptilis91
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
Here's mine. I'm so happy we can have one of the symbols of the French Revolution: the Phrygian cap!

http://i.imgur.com/K1TEbii.jpg

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 08:13 PM
@Adam

You say that everyone playing as Arno is technically impossible due to animus constraints and then you propose ubi allow us to make our own character in the animus (a machine that allows you to relive the memories of EXISTING people) ?

And the GTAV comparison does not work, as GTA online is essentially a game on it's own with separate missions, activities etc. whereas Unity only has one type of Co-op mission. Creating a separate game mode for one chain of side missions is not a good decision if you can find a way to make it work seamlessly. Regarding the whole 'How can everyone play as Arno?' well we'll just have to wait for the game to be released.

Ubisoft did not make co-op work this way just so people couldn't play as a female, as you said they had no problem including them in MP. The decision to have everyone be Arno and have the co-op missions be accessible through one mode - the single player - is a design one. Not a decision made so you cannot play as the race or gender you want.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Normal weapons other than swords confirmed. YAY FOR MACES

god what weapons am I going to use I don't even know.

if we can have both a "normal" weapon and a heavy weapon I want a mace and a spear.

Wolfmeister1010
also, once you play the "how hard can it be" card, then you lose all credibility with anything you have to say..

agreed

steveeire
http://i58.tinypic.com/281926p.jpg

Here be mine.

pacmanate
why.does.my.validate.button.not.work.

RACIST GAME.

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 08:16 PM
It's like Watch_Dogs and Far Cry 4. You always see yourself as the protagonist. The other co-op players have the faces of other Assassins replacing Arno's face, but the customization options that they have stay the same.

It's a bad idea, always been, always will be. It's like they are thinking we always want to be the protagonist, like we are all selfish babies who always want to be player 1. It's all marketing, because think about it, either than restriction, what do you gain from this ? Do you really care about a 100% seamless transition between SP and MP ? Does it annoys you to play a character other than Arno or Aiden ? Does it annoys you to have a possibility to fully create your character ? Is it too much stress ?

I feel they are deciding what's good and what's not for the player...instead of actually asking the player. I hate this all ''we know what's good for you'' attitude.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
It's a bad idea, always been, always will be.
To you

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:18 PM
it's so that you can retain the progress you make in co-op/multiplayer without any narrative/gameplay dissonance.

Dag_B
07-01-2014, 08:19 PM
What exactly is the purpose of this site? All you can do is change the color of parts of the outfit and Arno's skin. Hardly customization imo. I very much doubt this is representative of the customization available in the game since the demos clearly showed different players wearing different outfits; not just different colors.
To hype the Hype.
And to get your totally individual assassin in an advertisement. With 1399 others, apparently.

steveeire
07-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Site is super glitchy, its a pain in the arse, it crashed my browser 4 times.

LoyalACFan
It's a bad idea, always been, always will be. It's like they are thinking we always want to be the protagonist, like we are all selfish babies who always want to be player 1. It's all marketing, because think about it, either than restriction, what do you gain from this ? Do you really care about a 100% seamless transition between SP and MP ? Does it annoys you to play a character other than Arno or Aiden ? Does it annoys you to have a possibility to fully create your character ? Is it too much stress ?

I feel they are deciding what's good and what's not for the player...instead of actually asking the player. I hate this all ''we know what's good for you'' attitude.

You get to keep all of your outfit elements and upgrades. THAT is why they're doing it, as I said earlier; so everybody could still be playing as their fully upgraded Arno. "We know what's good for you?" They're the ones making the bloody game, fella. You don't like the choices they made, don't play it. But this is NOT the antifeminist travesty you're making it out to be.

pacmanate
Someone help me :( stop talking about race

Tenvern
07-01-2014, 08:21 PM
Okay, I would like to point out how hilarous I find it that some people are dissapointed in a pr program they didn't even know existed a few hours ago.

This is obviously not a full representation of the ingame costomization simply a small part of it.

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 08:22 PM
And yes, the seamless transition from SP to MP is actually very convenient and so is my progress being linked to both.

pacmanate
Okay, I would like to point out how hilarous I find it that some people are dissapointed in a pr program they didn't even know existed a few hours ago.

This is obviously not a full representation of the ingame costomization simply a small part of it.

People are stupid, you don't have to explain such things.

Jexx21
pac no one cares about your stupid validate button

restart your browser, delete your cookies, etc.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:24 PM
pac no one cares about your stupid validate button

restart your browser, delete your cookies, etc.

I do this all the time D:

Dag_B
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Tried another browser?

Radman500
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM
does this prove that we actually get to choose Arno's skin color in Unity?

Tenvern
07-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Not this again.

Jexx21
no

LoyalACFan

No.

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Before Adam says something else stupid again, I would like him to answer my question. Because this is basically the biggest reason why they didn't do female assassins or whatever.

"How can single player to multiplayer be seamless if you change from a man to a woman?"

Lol don't bring up GTA5 either. The character switching was not seamless. If it were seamless it would change to the next character the exact instant you choose to..instead you float up in the loading screen sky for 10-15 seconds.

pacmanate

Yes!

no of course not, we can't just change Arno's heritage to a black man

steveeire
And yes, the seamless transition from SP to MP is actually very convenient and so is my progress being linked to both.
Are you from the future? Do they have hover boards yet?

Do you ever stop?

LoyalACFan
Out of curiosity, what were all the weapons you could choose from? Anything other than swords, axes, and maces?

Radman500
No.
yes it does, why would thy offer skin color option then?

ACfan443

Also for the love of all things holy would people please stop trying to start new controversies?

I'm fairly certain the majority of people participating in this competition realise that.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Lol don't bring up GTA5 either. The character switching was not seamless. If it were seamless it would change to the next character the exact instant you choose to..instead you float up in the loading screen sky for 10-15 seconds.
GTA V isn't even co-op so it's not a viable argument either way..

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Rad....I don't hate you....don't make me, man...just don't. This is a PR thing, okay?? it's not the game

Jexx21

to fool people like you

LoyalACFan

You cannot actually be serious. The co-op guys have non-Arno faces plastered on to them, and the skin tone is for those faces. We aren't just going to be able to rewrite the entire backstory to make Arno black.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm fairly certain the majority of people participating in this competition realise that.
Explain these then

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/896550-Character-Customization-Is-Terrible!

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Nutella is creamy and tasty

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 08:31 PM
@Adam

You say that everyone playing as Arno is technically impossible due to animus constraints and then you propose ubi allow us to make our own character in the animus (a machine that allows you to relive the memories of EXISTING people) ?

It's already a more realistic and concrete approach than having everyone playing the same person.

And the GTAV comparison does not work, as GTA online is essentially a game on it's own with separate missions, activities etc. whereas Unity only has one type of Co-op mission. Creating a separate game mode for one chain of side missions is not a good decision if you can find a way to make it work seamlessly. Regarding the whole 'How can everyone play as Arno?' well we'll just have to wait for the game to be released.

I am concious it is not the same type of MP. But the point stands, GTA V offers a seamless all in one SP-MP transition without having to go trough a menu (which seems to be the big deal here). Sure it launches you a new 'game', but would work in the AC world as well, since the point of the operation is simply to propose the MP at the press of a button.

Ubisoft did not make co-op work this way just so people couldn't play as a female, as you said they had no problem including them in MP. The decision to have everyone be Arno and have the co-op missions be accessible through one mode - the single player - is a design one. Not a decision made so you cannot play as the race or gender you want.

http://jezebel.com/making-female-characters-is-too-hard-says-assassins-cr-1589392607

Definetely a design option. Thing is, having the MP trough the SP can work. You take Arno to a hub, press the interaction button, wouhou Animus effect, matchmaking, start with your customized character and have fun. You want to quit, go to a hub, press the interaction button, wouhou animus effect, boum, you are Arno again on SP. It doesn't change anthing to the actual 'design', it just permits you to have your own fully customized Assassin. It's that simple.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:32 PM
It offers the skin option cause of what I said.

WE can change arnos heritage to jamaican. Duh.

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Are you from the future? Do they have hover boards yet?

No I just played W_D and I imagine I'll have the same pleasant experience with Unity.

I don't want to have to play a separate game mode to advance my progress online, it's great we get to use the SP stuff to advance our characters skills, weapons and wear different outfits and then get to use that progress in single player.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:33 PM
in other news, Far Cry 4 has loads of women

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-4-is-packed-to-the-gills-with-women/1100-6420857/

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Definetely a design option. Thing is, having the MP trough the SP can work. You take Arno to a hub, press the interaction button, wouhou Animus effect, matchmaking, start with your customized character and have fun. You want to quit, go to a hub, press the interaction button, wouhou animus effect, boum, you are Arno again on SP. It doesn't change anthing to the actual 'design', it just permits you to have your own fully customized Assassin. It's that simple.

sounds dumb and unimmersive

ACfan443
07-01-2014, 08:34 PM
I'd hope so, but sometimes it bloody well doesn't seem like it.

Probably just a vocal, confused minority. Unity's release is months away, they'll forget about the skin colour customisation options by then.

Radman500
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
You cannot actually be serious. The co-op guys have non-Arno faces plastered on to them, and the skin tone is for those faces. We aren't just going to be able to rewrite the entire backstory to make Arno black.
i dont understand,

so its possible that the non-arno faces, the co-op partners could be black?

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
in other news, Far Cry 4 has loads of women

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/far-cry-4-is-packed-to-the-gills-with-women/1100-6420857/
So women are now like game features...objects you use to market your game and attract consumers....good job, you awesome feminists...reap the success of your moronic actions..

Bastiaen
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
Used a UK proxy! Win!

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 08:36 PM
i dont understand,

so its possible that the non-arno faces, the co-op partners could be black?

Potentially, yes. They're just random Assassin faces. We haven't actually gotten a good look at any of them yet.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:38 PM
pretty sure all of the faces are white and that they're always going to be the same 3 faces

Radman500
Potentially, yes. They're just random Assassin faces. We haven't actually gotten a good look at any of them yet.

so you dont think skin color options will be available in sp for Arno

LoyalACFan
So women are now like game features...objects you use to market your game and attract consumers....good job, you awesome feminists...reap the success of your moronic actions..

Dear God... please tell me nobody actually said FC4 was "packed to the gills with women..."

AdamPearce
Before Adam says something else stupid again, I would like him to answer my question. Because this is basically the biggest reason why they didn't do female assassins or whatever.

"How can single player to multiplayer be seamless if you change from a man to a woman?"

Because you think the ACU transition won't take any loading whatsoever ? No matchmaking, no connexion to the servers, no mission preparation ? You are truly naive.

To your question> « Helix contains a databse of more than five thousands memories, this means you can switch from one ancestor to another in an instant. Sure Now we concentrate or Arno's life, but if you want to check in other Assassins as well, do as you want. »

kthxsby

Wolfmeister1010

The only thing it changes to the design is the biggest marketing point of Unity, Sherlock. SEAMLESSNESS.

But no, please continue to ignore my posts of rational reasoning and continue making a fool out of yourself.

EDIT: Oh I see you got the guts to answer, finally.

Yes I am sure there will be loading...when you load up the game. You connect to the server and are dropped into the world. Everything is seamless from there.

You are truly stupid aren't you? Changing from one person to another wouldn't be seamless change because you are changing into DIFFERENT PERSON.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 08:40 PM

NO. Arno is a character with a fully fleshed-out backstory, we know who his parents are, and he's genetically related to them. ARNO IS A WHITE DUDE. And that's the last time it needs to be said.

ACfan443
07-01-2014, 08:40 PM

Oh lawd.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:41 PM
NO. Arno is a character with a fully fleshed-out backstory, we know who his parents are, and he's genetically related to them. ARNO IS A WHITE DUDE. And that's the last time it needs to be said.

FFS how many times. We can make him Jamaican, Chinese, Indian. This is confirmed.

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 08:42 PM
sounds dumb and unimmersive

I can't stand before such argumentation.

+ it's gonna be similar in the actual game, go to a hub, press a button, join/ create session and go on.

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 08:43 PM
I can't stand before such argumentation.

+ it's gonna be similar in the actual game, go to a hub, press a button, join/ create session and go on.

Except that your brilliant idea features "animus" effect loading matching making whatever..and is not seamless.

LoyalACFan
FFS how many times. We can make him Jamaican, Chinese, Indian. This is confirmed.

I would laugh, except I'm pretty sure there are people on here who actually believe it :nonchalance:

Shahkulu101
It's already a more realistic and concrete approach than having everyone playing the same person.

I am concious it is not the same type of MP. But the point stands, GTA V offers a seamless all in one SP-MP transition without having to go trough a menu (which seems to be the big deal here). Sure it launches you a new 'game', but would work in the AC world as well, since the point of the operation is simply to propose the MP at the press of a button.

http://jezebel.com/making-female-characters-is-too-hard-says-assassins-cr-1589392607

If the game is carrying my progress and bringing that into co-op, I'm doing all that as Arno. Suddenly playing as a different character, even if all my progress was there, would be flawed as it would have me change into a character I have not played as yet still somehow retain my progress. And yes, the decision to have everyone play as Arno is a design decision, what Amancio said was it would be too much work to include female avatars that would appear to your friends whilst you were always playing as Arno, and since you can't even play as them and can only see them by chance (the assassin skins your friends see are randomised) then if creating these female avatars, and adjusting costumes to fit females and adding in female VO's was putting a strain on development then that is absolutely a valid excuse.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
I would laugh, except I'm pretty sure there are people on here who actually believe it :nonchalance:

I just cant comprehend how people think this little online "game"/competition thing is representative of the ENTIRE in-game customization. They will most likely want to reveal the customisation feature and abilities in a an actual video rather than some low-key PR thing.

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 08:46 PM
One VERY important thing to understand about the Unity co-op feature is that in-universe we do NOT relive memories together with Animus users. The other players, they're just Assassins Arno went on a mission with, nobody is looking through their memories, they're just there in the past. Well, at least that's my understanding of it from everything that was said. But, even if they are other Animus users, I don't see how us still being Arno doesn't make sense, because, well, you know... relative point of view and all that. Perspective.

It's quite hilarious how one of the most complex features, that being a seamless drop-in/drop-out co-op multiplayer (which, btw, IS technically possible, it's just hard, but a next gen game might just do it, we don't have all the details on how the connectivity works) that's supposed to increase immersiveness while bringing online connectivity in the same mode is criticized for lack of immersiveness and not being a separate mode.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Farlander, I'm actually pretty sure that the co-op players are animus users.

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 08:52 PM
The only thing it changes to the design is the biggest marketing point of Unity, Sherlock. SEAMLESSNESS.
But no, please continue to ignore my posts of rational reasoning and continue making a fool out of yourself.

EDIT: Oh I see you got the guts to answer, finally.
Yes I am sure there will be loading...when you load up the game. You connect to the server and are dropped into the world. Everything is seamless from there.
You are truly stupid aren't you? Changing from one person to another wouldn't be seamless change because you are changing into DIFFERENT PERSON.

The point of being seamless is simply to not having the player quit the game session. That is all. I really don't see why you are talking about the character themselves changing, it's not an issue since it doesn't require you to quit your SP game session. I don't get you, I really don't. Because for you having a seamless change is...not to change ? How does that make any sense ?

Well, I kinda get what you are saying actually. I jsut don't see how this couldn't apply to the idea of changing characters. Since like I said, the point is just you not going trough a menu to access MP.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 08:54 PM
no, the point is that it feels completely natural to go from playing alone to playing with other Assassins. If we change into a different Assassin, that is not a natural transition.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Im sooooo confused. Can you customize Arno's skin color in single player or not?

If so, that's pretty silly...

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 08:56 PM
The point of being seamless is simply to not having the player quit the game session. That is all. I really don't see why you are talking about the character themselves changing, it's not an issue since it doesn't require you to quit your SP game session. I don't get you, I really don't. Because for you having a seamless change is...not to change ? How does that make any sense ?

Well, I kinda get what you are saying actually. I jsut don't see how this couldn't apply to the idea of changing characters. Since like I said, the point is just you not going trough a menu to access MP.

They didn't want to have a separate co-op character because they wanted the co-op gameplay to be just like the SP. Instead of having a mode that carried literally nothing over from the SP like the previous MP modes, they made it this way so that you could transfer straight to co-op without losing your Arno customization/gear. Because nobody wants to have to level up their co-op character separately from Arno (that would be tedious and unless you leveled them exactly like Arno the gameplay wouldn't match up between modes) and it wouldn't make sense if your Arno customization magically transferred over to another unrelated co-op character.

Ureh
07-01-2014, 08:57 PM
Doh! Can't see the page. Oh well, I'm glad you guys can keep us updated. *phew*

SixKeys
And here I thought this was going to be a fun thread with people sharing their Arno paper doll creations. *sigh*

Maybe it's time to leave the forums for a while. Every thread lately devolves into bickering.

Wolfmeister1010
The point of being seamless is simply to not having the player quit the game session.

*facepalm*

LoyalACFan
Im sooooo confused. Can you customize Arno's skin color in single player or not?

If so, that's pretty silly...

No you cannot. But Radman's gonna Radman.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 08:59 PM
And here I thought this was going to be a fun thread with people sharing their Arno paper doll creations. *sigh*

Maybe it's time to leave the forums for a while. Every thread lately devolves into bickering.

Been thinking the same way for a while, but I probably won't actually leave until I go dark like a week ahead of time.

Shahkulu101
Wait I just thought about something...Amancio said there wouldn't be any females when asked if there would be PLAYABLE female assassins...so he wasn't referring to the randomised avatars. So what was the plan to implement playable females? An option in the menu for Arno to appear female or perhaps they changed their model to 'everyone is Arno' because they couldn't or didn't want to create female characters?

JustPlainQuirky
@ACFAN

Then why even include it in the browser design thingy? :confused:

steveeire
07-01-2014, 09:01 PM

and Conor sucks.

Radman500
ok ok relax yall

LoyalACFan
@ACFAN

Then why even include it in the browser design thingy? :confused:

Because they're going to pick some of the fan designs to use as the random Assassin faces in the TV ad, apparently.

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Farlander, I'm actually pretty sure that the co-op players are animus users.

Well, even if they are, it still makes sense, because perspective. From our perspective they're reliving memories of other people and we're still reliving Arno. Like, I really don't get the fuss about 'why we're still playing Arno in co-op that's stupid everybody can't be Arno' when it's essentially what's been happening in single-player games for years. Everybody is Desmond, everybody is Link, everybody is Nico, etc., but when online connectivity is integrated together with single-player mode, suddenly everybody can't be Arno :D It's funny.

Anyway, on an unrelated side-note, from technical stand-point taverns are going to ease up things a lot. We know that taverns are social hubs and we connect to other players through them. So it's not like anyone can connect to anyone anywhere from the map, there are fixed entry points, but thanks to those there don't have to be any loading screens or teleportations or lots of other stuff.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 09:03 PM
@AC

but by advertising it in an ad, wouldn't that imply you can make it so you look like that character?

Tenvern
07-01-2014, 09:04 PM
By the way, did anyone else notice that we'll be getting another interactive trailer?

I assume it'll be similar to the one that come out with AC3 where we were at Bunker Hill and could "choose" the approach.
Perhaps it'll be interactive in the sense that you can see the character you made in said trailer.

Then again interactive trailer could just be said tv ad if by interactive they mean "we put the winning characters in"

Who knows. We'll find out when it's unlocked.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 09:05 PM
@AC

but by advertising it in an ad, wouldn't that imply you can make it so you look like that character?

.... no

The other players you're playing with have random Assassin faces slapped on them so they no longer look like Arno. What you're doing in this PR thing is designing one of those random guys. Theoretically it's just Arno with a different face.

steveeire
07-01-2014, 09:06 PM
You know, you have to admire Radman's commitment.

pacmanate
By the way, did anyone else notice that we'll be getting another interactive trailer?

I assume it'll be similar to the one that come out with AC3 where we were at Bunker Hill and could "choose" the approach.
Perhaps it'll be interactive in the sense that you can see the character you made in said trailer.

Then again interactive trailer could just be said tv ad if by interactive they mean "we put the winning characters in"

Who knows. We'll find out when it's unlocked.

What do you mean by notice? I didnt notice anything like that. Where does it say interactive trailer? Or imply?

Kaschra
The customisation options are rather limited :/

Oh... so I need a facebook account to register the design I created?
Great. Screw this...

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 09:07 PM
@ACFAN
.....errr ok...

weird but i guess it makes sense

ACfan443
07-01-2014, 09:10 PM
You know, you have to admire Radman's commitment.

I'm genuinely surprised he refrained from creating 10 threads on the topic.

Who are you and what have you done with the real Radman?

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Wait I just thought about something...Amancio said there wouldn't be any females when asked if there would be PLAYABLE female assassins...so he wasn't referring to the randomised avatars. So what was the plan to implement playable females? An option in the menu for Arno to appear female or perhaps they changed their model to 'everyone is Arno' because they couldn't or didn't want to create female characters?

yo

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 09:17 PM
Wolf: See the Haytham - Desmond little effect at the beggining of AC3 ? That's it.

Shak - Farlander - Jexx: Well I'm againts this personna focused system. Cooperation, like it says, is everyone playing togherther to achieve a common goal. But if they put you trough the only 'real' protagonist and other are just random people of the wolrd, then the games kinda says '' You are the best, the real thing, they are just useless randoms'' where it sould say ''You are the bests, work together and make it happen''. I know I sound childlish but this is really how the game presents it and it just feels wrong. Instead of making everyone be a Player, it makes everyone a Player 1.

But really the point is just to propose diversity and choices in the playable characters, nothing more.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 09:18 PM
arno was originally going to be androgynous

edit: mayrice this is a joke

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 09:20 PM
arno was originally going to be androgynous

where did u hear that

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Wolf: See the Haytham - Desmond little effect at the beggining of AC3 ? That's it.

Shak - Farlander - Jexx: Well I'm againts this personna focused system. Cooperation, like it says, is everyone playing togherther to achieve a common goal. But if they put you trough the only 'real' protagonist and other are just random people of the wolrd, then the games kinda says '' You are the best, the real thing, they are just useless randoms'' where it sould say ''You are the bests, work together and make it happen''. I know I sound childlish but this is really how the game presents it and it just feels wrong. Instead of making everyone be a Player, it makes everyone a Player 1.

But really the point is just to propose diversity and choices in the playable characters, nothing more.

I actually think that the co-op characters are always going to be the same 3 guys and that they'll have some sort of story significance. Or maybe more than 3 guys.

The box art and the official site has the green guy, the brown guy, and the blue guy with the brown hood, but the CGI trailer has Arno, the green guy, the brown guy, and the white guy.

Hans684
07-01-2014, 09:23 PM
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=41072&d=1361998351
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/43504089.jpg
*Gun shoot*

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 09:25 PM

He was referring to randomised avatars, though. There would be no playable females, we'd all play as Arno, just randomised avatars would be female. They already have this in Watch_Dogs, where other players can be randomly female as well.

Watch_Dogs doesn't have such an intricate parkour or combat system though in terms of animations (due to simplicity of parkour and range-based combat), so no need to worry about how different female/male proportions are and everything and what bugs it could lead to (at least, not to the same extent as with AC). Also they have stock models without customization, so no need to worry about how different equipment sits and looks either (plus, the different equipment would all have to be redesigned/remade for another model).

Plus we don't know if other avatars are voiced in cutscenes in co-op missions if there are any, but if that's the case, that's also an issue.

Btw, what Jonathan Cooper said about being able to apply male animations to female in a matter of a few days is technically true. What he didn't say though (which is surprising for me as he did an amazing job for AC3 and surely knows about this) is how unpolished it would be and look in combination with everything else (and on its own as well).

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 09:28 PM
females just need to be included obviously, it doesn't matter if they're pushed off to the side :rolleyes:

then some new feminists would say "if they're not going to put quality work into these things, they may as well not include them at all"

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 09:30 PM
They didn't want to have a separate co-op character because they wanted the co-op gameplay to be just like the SP. Instead of having a mode that carried literally nothing over from the SP like the previous MP modes, they made it this way so that you could transfer straight to co-op without losing your Arno customization/gear. Because nobody wants to have to level up their co-op character separately from Arno (that would be tedious and unless you leveled them exactly like Arno the gameplay wouldn't match up between modes) and it wouldn't make sense if your Arno customization magically transferred over to another unrelated co-op character.

Like Ezio 'magically' transferred his ablities to Desmond ?

I don't see why they couldn't at least give a choice. 'Do you want to create your own character. Yes/ No' People on No sees their character being Arno (if multiple No people are together than the face is changed between them) and people saying Yes can play their own character. Everyone happy /

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 09:31 PM
He was referring to randomised avatars, though. There would be no playable females, we'd all play as Arno, just randomised avatars would be female. They already have this in Watch_Dogs, where other players can be randomly female as well.

Watch_Dogs doesn't have such an intricate parkour or combat system though in terms of animations (due to simplicity of parkour and range-based combat), so no need to worry about how different female/male proportions are and everything and what bugs it could lead to. Also they have stock models without customization, so no need to worry about how different equipment sits and looks either (plus, the different equipment would all have to be redesigned/remade for another model).

Plus we don't know if other avatars are voiced in cutscenes in co-op missions if there are any, but if that's the case, that's also an issue.

Btw, what Jonathan Cooper said about being able to apply male animations to female in a matter of a few days is technically true. What he didn't say though (which is surprising for me as he did an amazing job for AC3 and surely knows about this) is how unpolished it would be and look in combination with everything else (and on its own as well).

Well he didn't specify that they were never going for playable female Assassin's. He should have just explained the 'everyone is Arno' model and specify that they never intended for females to be playable because that wouldn't work in design context.

The way he answered it makes it look like they couldn't be bothered to create female playable characters but included male ones, hence the controversy. Amancio's miffed response is to blame for the backlash as well - although I mostly put the blame on irrational and irresponsible 'journalists'.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 09:33 PM

I don't see why they couldn't at least give a choice. 'Do you want to create your own character. Yes/ No' People on No sees their character being Arno (if multiple No people are together than the face is changed between them) and people saying Yes can play their own character. Everyone happy /

Desmond getting Ezio's abilities was part of the plot. It's called the bleeding effect.

I-Like-Pie45
07-01-2014, 09:34 PM
no its all amancio's fault

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 09:35 PM
I am Amancio.

Radman500
07-01-2014, 09:36 PM

dude, that is explained through the storyline, its an intergral part of the animus, its called the Bleeding Effect

Hans684
07-01-2014, 09:40 PM

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Bleeding_Effect

Consider your post under this makes no sense.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Genetic_memory

Everyone happy /

Can't please everyone and that's all you'll have from me.

AdamPearce
07-01-2014, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys. Then, if it's part of the plot, magically tranferring your items from Arno to your character can also be resolved, and therefore keep the 'seamlessness' of the game. But, I'll just stop posting here, if anyone wnats to continue please do so trough PM, otherwise it seems my idea miserably failed, a shame, I was trully hoping to see a pinky Arno on TV...

Tenvern
07-01-2014, 09:42 PM
@Pac, After you're done with the character and have continued there's a bunch of options on the left. One which says "Interactive Trailer" and is locked.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 09:43 PM
@Pac, After you're done with the character and have continued there's a bunch of options on the left. One which says "Interactive Trailer" and is locked.

I doubt you will see your own character. They would have to render so many videos with over 100 different combinations of clothing and colours.

Assassin_M
07-01-2014, 09:45 PM
See Aveline's vaulting animations in AC:L

Tenvern
07-01-2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah, it seems more likely that it'll be something similar to the interactive AC3 trailer.

Or it could just mean the tv ad with the winning characters.

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Okay soo your friends need to vote for the best design or something? Thats not a fair way to pick the best looking one.

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 10:19 PM
Okay soo your friends need to vote for the best design or something? Thats not a fair way to pick the best looking one.

There's a duel system but it seems very inefficient as it makes you choose between two random outfits (and when you vote for one, it gives you another choice, and etc. and etc.), and there's probably like at least a thousand outfits out there, no way to get lots of views from strangers.

Ureh
07-01-2014, 10:25 PM
Looks like this

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/27/1404239182-00.png

Woah, that uniform almost looks like Edward's.

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 10:58 PM
I wasn't aware you could change the actual outfit, I thought it was just colors, from the 2 minutes it worked for me.

Someone should post like a video going through all the options

Sekuiya.
07-01-2014, 11:07 PM
I was thinking in creating a new thread were we could ONLY share the links, so people could vote.
I doubt there are 1000 active people on the forums, but if we banded together we would probably fill all the spots with people that actually care about the saga and roam around here.

But in fear of it being merged I wanted to ask your opinion first. The OP, if it was me, would have the list of the profiles on the first post, and so everyone who added their names to the list only need to also Vote for the other people on the list.
What do you guys thing? That way everyone would be on the ad!

dxsxhxcx
07-01-2014, 11:11 PM
why don't they put a damn message before people send their character saying that if you don't live in "x" region you won't be eligible to win the prizes and let everyone have fun with it?

Shahkulu101
07-01-2014, 11:16 PM
Wonder if it works on iPad.

EDIT: It does.

deskp
07-01-2014, 11:17 PM
I was thinking in creating a new thread were we could ONLY share the links, so people could vote.
I doubt there are 1000 active people on the forums, but if we banded together we would probably fill all the spots with people that actually care about the saga and roam around here.

But in fear of it being merged I wanted to ask your opinion first. The OP, if it was me, would have the list of the profiles on the first post, and so everyone who added their names to the list only need to also Vote for the other people on the list.
What do you guys thing? That way everyone would be on the ad!

Sounds likea good idea to me. Maybe just start one and then the mods will tell you if its not ok. I don't know how many votes you might need in 1 day to get top 50, but if we get a crew of people all voting for eacother we proapbly could do it.

Uintill we might get a specific tread for it heres my character if you would vote for it:

http://www.acunity-unite.com/share/en/profile/9642

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 11:18 PM
why don't they put a damn message before people send their character saying that if you don't live in "x" region you won't be eligible to win the prizes and let everyone have fun with it?

Isnt there a terms and conditions?

ze_topazio
07-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I made my own, super duper yellow.

http://www.acunity-unite.com/uploads/416_832/NA10AR04NA05NA0202.png

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 11:25 PM
lololol looks like friggin colonel mustard

Sekuiya.
07-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Here's the thread if you wanna add your assassin to the list: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/896581-Share-Your-Assassin-Unite-Program

Already added you @deskpe (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/508735-deskpe).

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 11:31 PM
*clicks a link to see entries*

http://i.imgur.com/hzQhUcD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vOJMHlL.png

I'm so glad I can be part of the experience.

Radman500
07-01-2014, 11:33 PM
the single player in this game is going to be weird if you can customize arno skin tone and make him black, when he comes from french and austrian stock

ze_topazio
07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
lololol looks like friggin colonel mustard

Now I want to do colonel ketchup but you can't do more than one.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 11:34 PM
at least you had the decency to post the img here so I could actually see it. thanks

ze_topazio
07-01-2014, 11:35 PM
the single player in this game is going to be weird if you can customize arno skin tone and make him black, when he comes from french and austrian stock

I very much doubt you will be able do it in the game, unless it's an animus hack, anyway, they still don't let us choose the sex.

Sekuiya.
07-01-2014, 11:36 PM
@Mayrice, can you confirm me something, are you able to see the image on this link (http://www.acunity-unite.com/uploads/416_832/AR10AR03RO10NA0101.png)?

If yes, I may be able to add the link to the image in front of every profile on the other topic.

ze_topazio
07-01-2014, 11:37 PM
at least you had the decency to post the img here so I could actually see it. thanks

No problemo.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 11:37 PM
@luigi

Yes I am able. Cool design btw. Thanks :o

dxsxhxcx
07-01-2014, 11:38 PM
sorry, the experience isn't available in your country. UNITE! lol

deskp
07-01-2014, 11:38 PM
http://www.acunity-unite.com/uploads/416_832/RO02RO01CH03AR0101.png (http://www.acunity-unite.com/share/en/profile/9642)

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Is there an option to make Arno pink? :rolleyes:

sorry, the experience isn't available in your country. UNITE! lol

All this talk of unity yet they're segregating the fans :p

Radman500
07-01-2014, 11:43 PM
i just find it odd that they offering a skin color option, if it won't be in the game

Sekuiya.
07-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Okay, I'll be posting images to the profiles that are added on this thread, please check them out in case you don't have access.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/896581-Share-Your-Assassin-Unite-Program

king-hailz
07-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Here is a video showing loads of customizations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7MzOH_Igw

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 12:00 AM
Here is a video showing loads of customizations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR7MzOH_Igw

just what I wanted, thanks mate!

Radman500
07-02-2014, 12:04 AM
it just makes no sense...gahhahahah

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 12:13 AM
Here is my Arno:

http://i.imgur.com/1TpF5eW.png

I'll take my prize now.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 12:15 AM
The colours remind me of The Joker. How did you make one if you're in the US?

Or did you catch a quick flight? :p

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 12:16 AM
I just snagged the other dude's pic and used photoshop lol :rolleyes:

I did it with the intent of making it horribly colorful

king-hailz
07-02-2014, 12:25 AM
http://www.acunity-unite.com/uploads/416_832/RO05RO05RO05AR0101.png

VOTE HERE! http://www.acunity-unite.com/profile/16418

Radman500
07-02-2014, 12:32 AM
so will all these custimization features be in the single player

Bashilir
07-02-2014, 12:32 AM
Am crying that it's not available in the US but.. oh well.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 12:35 AM
Here's my second entry

http://i.imgur.com/4jWToOH.png

genius I know

Bashilir
07-02-2014, 12:36 AM
Here's my second entry

http://i.imgur.com/4jWToOH.png

genius I know

Its the 60s Arno!

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
People, don't forget to head to this topic to add your Arno to the list: Share Your Assassin - Unite Program (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/896581-Share-Your-Assassin-Unite-Program-Forums)
It's better than getting lost in all these pages.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 12:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/essBqRX.png
Americarno

I-Like-Pie45
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
I wanna give that a smoochy

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 12:52 AM
Mayrice wins it all, we can go home, ktxhbye!

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Mayrice wins it all, we can go home, ktxhbye!

http://www.willisms.com/archives/victory.gif

I-Like-Pie45
07-02-2014, 12:58 AM
Hey mayrice, what's your verdict on the twenty-first customization?

Cool or uncool?

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 01:04 AM
Wat?

Link pls

Radman500
07-02-2014, 01:07 AM
the arno creator that is available in Europe...will that be the extend of our custimization features

will all those features be in the game

p.s if you are hear to criticize my thread or radman500, do not post in this thread

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 01:08 AM
Yes.

Bashilir
07-02-2014, 01:08 AM
:rolleyes:

HDinHB
07-02-2014, 01:14 AM
You can change the skintone?

I wasn't aware they had tanning booths during the French Revolution
You apparently haven't seen the BBC's version of the Musketeers.

I don't see why they cant change his sex too lol.

Ouch! The hidden blade is not designed for that!

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 01:15 AM
the arno creator that is available in Europe...will that be the extend of our custimization features

will all those features be in the game

p.s if you are hear to criticize my thread or radman500, do not post in this thread

'Criticise my thread or radman500'

Did you just inadvertently reveal that you do in fact have a second account?

HDinHB
07-02-2014, 01:41 AM
I just snagged the other dude's pic and used photoshop lol :rolleyes:

I did it with the intent of making it horribly colorful

Success!

But I don't actually hate it.

HDinHB
07-02-2014, 01:46 AM
Its the 60s Arno!

I was going to say 60s camo Arno.

Arno Dorian, international man of mystery.

Is there an option to equip him with a bottle of wine?

Bashilir
07-02-2014, 01:59 AM
I seriously want it now.

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 02:17 AM
AHAHHAHAHAHA

Welp Radman looks like the adults did the work for ya and moved your unnecessary thread to mine.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:30 AM
'Criticise my thread or radman500'

Did you just inadvertently reveal that you do in fact have a second account?
There's more important stuff, he spelled here wrong

Radman500
07-02-2014, 02:32 AM
its just suprising that we are going to get a skin color option for arno in unity

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:35 AM
its just suprising that we are going to get a skin color option for arno in unity
It's so surprising that you referred to yourself in third person...

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 02:36 AM
We aren't getting a skin colour option.

This is not Arno we are customizing, just a random assassin who'll appear in a TV spot (likely alongside Arno) - this might mean some of the random avatars that show up will be black, which would be good.

Assassin_M
07-02-2014, 02:48 AM
We aren't getting a skin colour option.

This is not Arno we are customizing, just a random assassin who'll appear in a TV spot (likely alongside Arno) - this might mean some of the random avatars that show up will be black, which would be good.
no, it's not good...it's a disaster, i can see it now.. "WAT, ubishift put a black ga in za game?? and not a womun? lai ubishoft, so you can do animashun for black ga but not for womun alalallalalala representashun alalalala"

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 02:52 AM
no, it's not good...it's a disaster, i can see it now.. "WAT, ubishift put a black ga in za game?? and not a womun? lai ubishoft, so you can do animashun for black ga but not for womun alalallalalala representashun alalalala"

Lol yeah, but somehow I don't think animations would be a problem regarding skin colour. ;)

Unless it's hard to make one particular race run much faster. :p

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:01 AM
Oh looky a totally-not-fake Pre-Order bonus :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/BHsPXvl.png

HQ: http://i.imgur.com/BHsPXvl.png

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 03:05 AM
Lol I love the 45 Minutes of Connor.

S'all I needy, baby.

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 03:10 AM
Some obscure games news site is so gonna find that image and post it as legitimate news! XD

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Some obscure games news site is so gonna find that image and post it as legitimate news! XD

http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/comment/%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BD%D 1%8B%D0%B5-%D1%84%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82%D1%8B-%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B6%D0%BE%D0%BF%D0%B0-story-563459.jpeg

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 03:13 AM

http://puu.sh/9T1gQ/2f97072e92.jpg

So, there's that... XD

Radman500
07-02-2014, 03:15 AM
its Arno....see

so there will be a skin color option

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:17 AM
I honestly dont see what's so exciting about having the costume I 'designed' featured in an ad. Especially considering how limited the customization is.

I mean it's not the sims or saints row 4 level of detail or anything

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 03:20 AM
no there will not be a skin color option >.>

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 03:21 AM
its Arno....see

Can you please just shut the hell up? God, I'm Jewish and I hope to CHRIST you are a troll

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 03:22 AM
I highly doubt we'll be able to change colour in the final game...that just wouldn't make sense. It's a PR mix up...

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:23 AM
I keep hearing PR this and PR that

what do u mean by PR

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 03:25 AM
PR aka Public Relations (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_Relations). Enjoy.
And I also doubt you'll be able to customize your character aside from clothes, you're playing Arno, never forget that, not your own customizable Assassin.

Shahkulu101
07-02-2014, 03:28 AM
I keep hearing PR this and PR that

what do u mean by PR

Well I think PR wanted to clean up this whole mess about diversity by including a skin colour option on this customization tool but they couldn't include females because that would lead people to think they were going to include them and to add to that they've worded the thing 'create your own Arno' which will now allude people to think they can change skin colour...

A mess.

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 03:29 AM
its Arno....see

Someone give this man an infraction. Or 10.

Sekuiya.
07-02-2014, 03:33 AM
They could so easily have said "Create you own Assassin and get a chance to have him appear in the upcoming Assassin's Creed Unity TV Ad" but no...
Oh well, not our problem I guess, unless when we're arguing with people on the forums... crap.

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Darn. was going to also edit and make a female Arno but my crappy photoshop cant even use the bloat tool :(

#firstworldproblems

Ureh
07-02-2014, 03:35 AM
Good luck to all the entries! May the prettiest, most fabulous Arno win! ;)

GreySkellig
07-02-2014, 03:40 AM
1) I highly doubt this is the final customization tool. It's a PR widget like many before it.

2) We will not be able to change Arno's skin tone. He is French & Austrian. The ethnicity of his murdered father will not be changing based on the player's whim.

3) To all the desperately confused, seamless transition means you, as Arno, never leave the session. "Entering" a co-op mission appears to you as though other assassins have just walked into your game. This is the same of each of them--they see you appear in their Arno's world. Think about how W_D multiplayer works, and then remove the loading screen. For this reason, it doesn't make sense to let you customize Arno's physical appearance or gender. While you will appear to other players as one of the randomized (or possibly secondary character) assassins, you are still, in appearance and in canon, Arno throughout the entirety of your play session.

Sesheenku
07-02-2014, 05:42 AM
>Only for Europeans

You bastards! I wanna customize him too :( I don't even care about your contest!

Lonnie_Jackson
07-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Looks like it's time for NA/everyone else left out to start a new type of revolution... A Assassins Creed Revolution for content equality! :p

Secu12
07-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the tip, OP!

For those who want to create their own version of Arno and can't, try this: using Google Chrome install Hola (Un)Blocker plug-in and then set your country as one from Europe (like UK). It's a vpn based plug-in for Chrome. It worked for me every single time!

shobhit7777777
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Ubi can't catch a break

I blame the Indian Black Magic spam threads

VAASHIKARAN!!!!!! Babaji gon hex yo ***!

LoyalACFan
07-02-2014, 12:04 PM
What are all the weapons you can pick for this contest? Swords, maces, spears...?

m4r-k7
07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
Only pistol, swords, maces.

Radman500
07-02-2014, 06:19 PM
this could be hinting at a skin color option for arno in unity

JustPlainQuirky
07-02-2014, 06:22 PM
this could be hinting at a skin color option for arno in unity
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2012/339/1/1/did_i_ever_tell_you_the_definition_of_insanity__by _hecziaa-d5n51mj.png

roostersrule2
07-02-2014, 06:23 PM
this could be hinting at a skin color option for arno in unityHahaha

Jexx21
07-02-2014, 06:26 PM
there is not going to be a skin color option for Arno in Unity unless you give me $1500 dollars

Mr_Shade
07-02-2014, 06:28 PM
guys,

lets drop the infighting..

Also posting the same thing, over and over - is not going to make it happen..

I suggest people wait and see the game's customisation options - since until we see those - anything is just guesswork.

Radman500
07-02-2014, 06:30 PM
guys,

lets drop the infighting..

Also posting the same thing, over and over - is not going to make it happen..

I suggest people wait and see the game's customisation options - since until we see those - anything is just guesswork.

i know i know

i just find it shocking, that the skin color option would be there on the whole customize arno thing, when ubisoft highlighted he is of french and austrian heritage,

ACfan443
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/200H/f/2012/339/1/1/did_i_ever_tell_you_the_definition_of_insanity__by _hecziaa-d5n51mj.png

I laughed way too hard at this.

steveeire
07-02-2014, 06:33 PM
omg do you ever quit?

Radman500
07-02-2014, 06:39 PM
omg do you ever quit?
i was just wondering thats all

no hard feelings

Wolfmeister1010
07-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Yes and we have bared witness to your "wonders" quite enough..like more than ten times,and we have cleared it up..more than ten times, so shut it and stop mentioning it. Stop derailing my thread.

How are you still here lol. It is so unbelievably obvious that you are a troll, not to mention you basically admitted to having a duplicate/separate account, so you should literally be gone. Consider it a blessing of mercy from the forum Gods and just start fresh with the gift you have been given,and by start fresh I means stop doing what you do.

Hans684
07-02-2014, 08:19 PM
i was just wondering thats all

no hard feelings

And everyone has answered.

Sekuiya.
07-03-2014, 01:01 AM
http://puu.sh/9UlWc/32c651b1bd.jpg

I feel such a warm feeling inside. Collecting votes is harder than it seems! O_O
Look forward for my 0.5sec of screen time on the upcoming ad! XD

pacmanate
07-03-2014, 11:37 AM
http://puu.sh/9UlWc/32c651b1bd.jpg

I feel such a warm feeling inside. Collecting votes is harder than it seems! O_O
Look forward for my 0.5sec of screen time on the upcoming ad! XD

0.2 :p

Sekuiya.
07-03-2014, 03:15 PM
I was trying to access the Paris thing by being creative and changing the url and ended up on a very curious "404 page".
Anyway, on one of the entries, the index one, there is one interesting comment! XD

http://puu.sh/9V5w3/62eef4fb5f.png

Check it yourself (dunno if people in the US will be able to...)!
http://www.acunity-unite.com/stuff

rrebe
07-03-2014, 03:57 PM
I was trying to access the Paris thing by being creative and changing the url and ended up on a very curious "404 page".
Anyway, on one of the entries, the index one, there is one interesting comment! XD

http://puu.sh/9V5w3/62eef4fb5f.png

Check it yourself (dunno if people in the US will be able to...)!
http://www.acunity-unite.com/stuff

Nice find :D

"creative and wonderful", well this is going to be interesting :)

JustPlainQuirky
07-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Looks like they're trying to leave nice messages in the code this time :rolleyes:

Ureh
07-03-2014, 05:03 PM
That's a little scary. But that's cause I'm reading it as if it was written by Abstergo. :p Nice find though.

MrInvective
07-18-2014, 12:10 PM
is anyone having the same problem where they go on the site to customize him and its not loading it just look like this for ages http://gyazo.com/2659ef0817351c045eef2d50b710ce5b

x_Candlejack_x
08-15-2014, 12:43 AM
Its not loading for me. All I see is this. http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y417/aksuox/Misc%20Stuff/ACUBug_zpsdeb59a73.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/aksuox/media/Misc%20Stuff/ACUBug_zpsdeb59a73.png.html)
I live in Finland and my specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz
16,0GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series

LoyalACFan
08-15-2014, 01:17 AM
I think the contest is over.