PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity - Ability to put your hood down.

dinerenblanc
06-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Anyone know if you'll be able to put your hood down in Unity, or at least have a dynamic mechanic where the hood goes up only while sneaking, like AC4? Having a hood up the entire time is ridiculous.

Tenvern
06-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Corey May knows..

Corey May knows everything.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 10:29 PM
Woah woah woah.

I'd focus on the cake eating physics before we go down into the more complex stuff like hood removal.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forums. :o

@tenvern

but does he know about Comet? http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

Kirokill
06-29-2014, 10:30 PM
Woah woah woah.

I'd focus on the cake eating physics before we go down into the more complex stuff like hood removal.

I just imagined Arno eating cake like a child covering his whole mouth with it.

steveeire
06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
Woah woah woah.

Edit: Also, welcome to the forums. :o

@tenvern

but does he know about Comet? http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

Ah Mayrice you do make me laugh.

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm actually not super concerned this time, since we can customize our hoods themselves. I plan on assembling the least-conspicuous outfit possible...as soon as Ubisoft updates the customization section...

dinerenblanc
06-29-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm actually not super concerned this time, since we can customize our hoods themselves. I plan on assembling the least-conspicuous outfit possible...as soon as Ubisoft updates the customization section...

I hope they have an option that doesn't include that clownish point that protrudes from the center of the hood.

Shahkulu101
06-29-2014, 10:37 PM
I hope they have an option that doesn't include that clownish point that protrudes from the center of the hood.

What the beaked hood?

"Butt dat izzz syne of truu creed"

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 10:37 PM

You making fun of the eagle beak?

Nobody makes fun of the eagle beak.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/c2f4f2ba1759f2a091bd08d2d9c95ed4/tumblr_mqeu9a8qon1sp9fcho1_500.gif

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM

Too many people freaked out about Edward's non-beaky hood. It does look a bit silly at times, but apparently the fans suffer apoplectic fits in its absence.

Less than the actual look of the thing, what bothers me is that most assassins are walking around with no binocular vision...and thus no depth perception. Throws their parkour feats into a new realm of skill, eh?

Farlander1991
06-29-2014, 10:41 PM
You making fun of the eagle beak?

Nobody makes fun of the eagle beak.

He doesn't make fun of the beak. He speaks of what's sort of an empty 'bulge' on the part of the hood that's on the top (might be closer to the back) of the head that makes the person look like a jester, this thing was present in one of the hoods we've seen in Unity footage.

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:00 PM
Indeed? I agreed it looks a bit silly, but again--hood customization. Plus that's a period accurate hood, so I cannot complain.

Jexx21
06-29-2014, 11:21 PM
pretty sure he was making fun of the beak farlander

and I liked that hood

in any case I heard that there's an option to not wear a hood at all.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 11:24 PM
pretty sure he was making fun of the beak farlander

and I liked that hood

No hood at all?! Sacrilege!

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:34 PM

You are some kind of wizard of info-mining.

Jexx21
06-29-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't have a source for that I heard it from a friend.

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 12:02 AM
Seeing as we can choose what our assassin can wear, there SHOULD be a NO hood option.

Each part has an ability right? So if you want no hood, you should have no hood.

Same goes for trousers, I might want to not wear trousers.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 12:04 AM
you can choose to be a trouserless vagrant on your own time

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 12:13 AM
you can choose to be a trouserless vagrant on your own time

I don't want to just be trouserless. I want to run around in nothing but my underpants. And as weird as it sounds, it SHOULD be allowed. No point being able to mix and match if you cant remove some things completely.

GreySkellig
06-30-2014, 12:16 AM
I always figured the Prisoner's Outfit in AC3 was as close to "no costume" as was needed.

Calvarok
06-30-2014, 04:50 AM
It sounds like even wearing a hood will be totally optional. The hood should come down in certain areas and certain cutscenes, but I don't think there's any reason for it to not be up the entire time you're out and about in the city, as long as you have it equipped.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 06:08 AM
^ that's the guy I heard that wearing a hood would be optional from

I don't know if he has a source

i spam him on twitter

prince162010
07-01-2014, 05:13 AM
i hope so

Calvarok
07-01-2014, 05:15 AM
interview about customization mentioning choosing to wear a hood for a detection speed reduction. implying other types of headwear will be accessible.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 05:18 AM
I want to wear a bonnet.

Also there's supposed to be a disguise system in Unity

Calvarok
07-01-2014, 05:34 AM
I really wonder what that's going to be. from the way Alex described as a "disguise skill", my mind immediately went to the multiplayer ability, where you just morph into a different person. But single-player mechanics have always tried to stay a lot more grounded and realistic than that (the exception being the AC3 DLC, but the fact that was in a vision seems to confirm they have a rule against that in "real life")

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 06:08 AM
I think that the ToKW stuff was just Connor getting all high and thinking he's doing supernatural stuff and that's the way the Animus perceived his memories. Besides the Animus already has us being able to survive armies of guards which I don't think the Assassins would actually be able to do :P

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Also there's supposed to be a disguise system in Unity

Yeah, it has me curious. It would be cool if you could just walk up to someone in the crowd and steal their hat to conceal your identity :p

GreySkellig
07-01-2014, 11:48 AM
A good disguise system has been missing from these games for soooo long.

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 11:56 AM
A good disguise system has been missing from these games for soooo long.

TBH if social stealth actually worked as it was intended to there would be no need for it. The whole "blade in the crowd" concept was really cool, but let's be honest, until now it's been a bit of a joke. The absurdly convenient monk trains of AC1 were replaced with the even more absurd blend groups of AC2, and it really hasn't gotten any better since.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120930174311/assassinscreed/images/7/78/Flying_Machine_2.0_3.png

Gee whiz, I wonder where the Assassin went :rolleyes:

Above all else, I'm REALLY looking forward to the huge crowds of ACU. I feel like this is what Patrice's original vision of Assassin's Creed looked like, but the old hardware held it back from being all that it could be. 5000 AI's on screen at any time sounds delightful, and I'm practically praying that Unity makes them a really major part of the game instead of just decoration. Social stealth is supposed to be about disappearing into a crowd, not standing between three dudes on a street corner. And with today's tech, it seems like it might actually be possible for moments like AC1's E3 trailer to actually happen.

Farlander1991
07-01-2014, 12:34 PM
The absurdly convenient monk trains of AC1 were replaced with the even more absurd blend groups of AC2, and it really hasn't gotten any better since.

But the thing is, the monks weren't the focus of social stealth concept in AC1, they were just a mobile hiding spot to 'disappear'. The social stealth concept in AC1 was based around, well, behaving in a socially acceptable way, so essentially as long as you did that - you were one with the crowd, the whole city was your 'blend group', you are a blade in the crowd wherever you are, not just among the monks.

Granted, this concept was pretty basic in its implementation in AC1, but instead of advancing it further, they took the mobile hiding spot and applied it to everything... which might have been the right choice given the amount of NPCs possible to show at the same time, I don't know. But I'm really hoping for the return of the AC1 behavioral principles which were greatly simplified in AC2 and further on.

GreySkellig
07-01-2014, 03:36 PM
TBH if social stealth actually worked as it was intended to there would be no need for it. The whole "blade in the crowd" concept was really cool, but let's be honest, until now it's been a bit of a joke.

Both in terms of gameplay and suspension of disbelief, social stealth has been busted for a while. I'm very excited because, as you say, Unity appears to boast crowd sizes large enough to finally do social stealth well. The addition of disguises is just an awesome bonus. Stealth this time looks like it will not only be more viable and encouraged, but actually very diverse. Cover system, crowd tactics, disguises, interior traversals...just in time, too. I've gotten tired of just meandering over to my target and shanking him.