PDA

View Full Version : PunkBuster issue

rbow5000
06-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Hi.

So i just bought ac:r through steam, and exited as hell to play, it but what happens, i go into ac:r multiplayer and every time i enter anything multiplayer playable option, be it training, tutorial play or play now, i always get PunkBuster is OFF returning to main menu and it get's me to singleplayer menu, what do i do please help?

YazX_
06-28-2014, 05:50 PM
try to download and install punkbuster from:

http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe

rbow5000
06-28-2014, 06:14 PM
Already did, and i did it form desktop, from within the windows folder of c:\ and from within the game, i ran out of options

YazX_
06-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Already did, and i did it form desktop, from within the windows folder of c:\ and from within the game, i ran out of options

mmm then it might be your firewall is blocking the connection, add punkbuster processes to firewall exceptions and make sure PB traffic is enabled through router firewall as well.

rbow5000
06-28-2014, 08:58 PM
ok, i think i have done that as well, but just to be certain, could you tell me how to do it?

YazX_
06-28-2014, 09:58 PM
ok, i think i have done that as well, but just to be certain, could you tell me how to do it?

it depends on the firewall software you are using, if you are using Windows Firewall, you can go to control panel --> Firewall, turn it off just to see if its the problem or not, if the MP worked fine, then you need to add game and PB processes to exceptions list. if you are using another software, you need to open it and turn off firewall and do the same by adding the game to exceptions list if the game worked fine.

for router, its the same concept, navigate to your router settings using your web browser (usually type this on address bar 192.168.1.1) and look for firewall settings, disable it to see if its the problem.

PB processes names are: PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe, they should be running in TaskManager, if they are not, then there is something wrong with the installation of PB, if you can only find PnkBstrA.exe , then installation is fine.

rbow5000
06-28-2014, 10:28 PM
Ok, so i turned off the firewall of my computer entirely and turned off my avg antivirus also, and tried to run multiplayer, how ever the same "PunkBuster is off" keeps reacquiring, the router network, the ip address 192.168.1.1 seams not to be valid, for when i type it in it says not found, i have also tried my own ip and nothing, anything else you suggest? p.s. i'm doing this for Serbia if it makes a difference

YazX_
06-29-2014, 01:08 AM
Ok, so i turned off the firewall of my computer entirely and turned off my avg antivirus also, and tried to run multiplayer, how ever the same "PunkBuster is off" keeps reacquiring, the router network, the ip address 192.168.1.1 seams not to be valid, for when i type it in it says not found, i have also tried my own ip and nothing, anything else you suggest? p.s. i'm doing this for Serbia if it makes a difference

can you see punk buster processes running??

for router IP address, open CMD and type ipconfig then hit enter, the IP address of your router is the "Default Gateway".

rbow5000
06-29-2014, 03:22 PM
Well the process in task manager named "punkbusterA" or what not is working while the game is running, although the router log in is unfamiliar to me because it seams i never actually set it up, it must be that right?

YazX_
06-30-2014, 12:39 AM
Well the process in task manager named "punkbusterA" or what not is working while the game is running, although the router log in is unfamiliar to me because it seams i never actually set it up, it must be that right?

yes maybe its the problem as you need to enable UPnp and forward game ports, so try it out.