PDA

View Full Version : Desaturation of color when going into sneak/stealth mode

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Idk. It just irks me. Ever since they did it in AC 2 I was like nooo! They removed it in AC 3 I was like yay! They put it back in AC 4 I was like nooo!

Thank God its not as noticeable or terrible looking in Unity. I like the fog effect, or breathe, hope they keep it this way and don't ruin it in the final game.

Is it really necessary to turn the character black and white for player to "understand" they're hiding? Uhh it looks terrible. Lmao sorry. XD

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I was annoyed by it too.

when it first happened i thought it was a glitch.

But it was in AC: 3, wasnt it?

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 08:42 PM
I was annoyed by it too.

when it first happened i thought it was a glitch.

But it was in AC: 3, wasnt it?

Idk. I thought they took it out. Ill have to play it again.

Sushiglutton
06-27-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah didn't they use "halos" connected by lines in AC3? Anyway I think the desaturation is ok. It needs to be perfectly clear when you are hidden or not. This way works well when you have diabled the HUD. I dunno, it hasn't really bothered me.

SpiritMuse
06-27-2014, 08:51 PM
Yeah, AC3 had a little circle over your head connecting with a line to little circles over the heads of the people you were blending with, no desat. Same for Liberation.

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Yeah, AC3 had a little circle over your head connecting with a line to little circles over the heads of the people you were blending with, no desat. Same for Liberation.

Ya ya that was better imho

Desaturation always looked awful.

Xstantin
06-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Now it looks like wisps of smoke judging by ACU demo from E3. Not that bad.

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Now it looks like wisps of smoke judging by ACU demo from E3. Not that bad.

I agree. What they got now looks pretty cool. :)

pacmanate
06-28-2014, 01:04 AM
AC3 worked best with the line things, if ACU has smoke wisps thats cool

LoyalACFan
06-28-2014, 01:08 AM
Honestly the desaturation never bothered me, it was the ugly Animus background crap that appeared under the whole blending group. If it was only the desaturation without the Animus effect it would e fine. It looks OK in Unity though, so... moot point I guess.

WendysBrioche
06-28-2014, 01:53 AM
Honestly the desaturation never bothered me, it was the ugly Animus background crap that appeared under the whole blending group. If it was only the desaturation without the Animus effect it would e fine. It looks OK in Unity though, so... moot point I guess.

Oh ya... that was annoying too. It was the only annoying feature you couldn't turn off. It'd be nice if they could make it optional. Along with the new rooftop icons thing. I think thatll be toggle on/off tho.