PDA

View Full Version : No button-response (PC) IMPORTANT !!!!

TheNarsilian
06-27-2014, 03:45 PM
i have an issue: when i go ingame (both sp and mp) i have no button-response so i cant skip the ads and when there appears 'press any key to continue'.
It's pretty annoying when you buy a game (36) and when you try to play it again, it doesn't work.
Plz help me so i can play my awesome game again.

YazX_
06-27-2014, 11:56 PM
if you have any connected input devices like controller,wheel,... disconnect them and try again.

you can also try to edit this file:

C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4.ini

search for these lines:

[Input]
SelectedInput=XXXXXXXXXXX

Change it to:

[Input]
SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2

if it didnt work, then delete the file and try again.

TheNarsilian
06-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Nope doesn't work for me

Sekuiya.
06-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Just to be sure, what didn't work? Both options, changing the file AND deleting the file, or just changing the file?

love9sick
07-02-2014, 02:58 AM
I have the same issue. I uninstalled, I disable, blah blah blah all that with the 360 controller. I deleted the ini file , edited the ini file, did both. Keyboard mouse still doesn't work. By the way, this includes the old AC games, well at least Revelations that I tried did the same thing. So get the news to the head honchos at ubisoft...somethings wrong here. It used to work fine. Some conflict. Watch Dogs works fine.

ETSubmariner
11-17-2014, 04:08 AM
I have the same issue. I uninstalled, I disable, blah blah blah all that with the 360 controller. I deleted the ini file , edited the ini file, did both. Keyboard mouse still doesn't work. By the way, this includes the old AC games, well at least Revelations that I tried did the same thing. So get the news to the head honchos at ubisoft...somethings wrong here. It used to work fine. Some conflict. Watch Dogs works fine.

I also just had this happen after Unity came out. My Black Flag starts, goes through to the first Press Key prompt, and both the keyboard and mouse DO NOT work. The mouse cursor is up in the upper left corner, and stuck there. I checked my .ini, and input = keyboard and mouse.

What's up Ubisoft?

Subrideo
11-19-2014, 11:26 AM
I also just had this happen after Unity came out. My Black Flag starts, goes through to the first Press Key prompt, and both the keyboard and mouse DO NOT work. The mouse cursor is up in the upper left corner, and stuck there. I checked my .ini, and input = keyboard and mouse.

What's up Ubisoft?

I have exactly same issue. When I start my black flag, i can open uplay overlay, steam overlay but i can't skip logos and my mouse cursor goes upper left corner, keyboard and mouse doesn't work. I reinstalled my game and check my ini file "SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2" But isn't work.

Uplayjustmenow
12-11-2014, 06:18 PM
Problem exists for me also.
Original AC works.
AC2, AC3, AC4 en liberty which I have through steam don't recognize keyboard or mouse pushes.
AC2 revelations and brotherhood which I have but not through steam don't work either.
ACU works.
Editing or deleting the ini file of AC4 didn't solve the problem for ac4.

YazX_
12-11-2014, 06:30 PM
ok guys, if you tried to delete ini file and it didnt work, install DX that is located in support folder in AC4 installation folder, for AC3, you will find DX in support folder within the installer files path not installation path.

once you update DX, restart windows and run the game as admin and K/M will work. i've just had this problem with AC4 and AC3 since i formatted my PC and it got solved by doing that.

Uplayjustmenow
12-11-2014, 10:10 PM
ok, installed DX from the AC4 folder, restarted the pc.
AC4 and AC3 work now. Haven't tried the others.

Still strange though that programs that worked perfectly at least till the acinitiates website went down this year (haven't played the games after that) suddenly stopped working. Nothing changed on the pc front except that Unity is now installed.