PDA

View Full Version : Please add toggle keys

bogdangym
06-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Ubisoft i am asking you to add the option to toggle some keys in the next Assassin's Creed
Due to a spinal cord injury I have limited hands and fingers mobility an it is very hard for me to press two or three buttons simultaneously with my left hand ant manoeuvre the mouse with my right. I'm going to give you an example : In Assassin's Creed 2 in order to free run you have to press three buttons simultaneously.If "High profile" and "Legs" buttons had the option to toggle then it would have been a lot easier for me to play and enjoy the game. I am asking you to add this feature for some keys (for going stealth, running, high profile, controlled descent) in your next Assassin's Creed game.
I am sure that I am not going to be the only one to benefit from this feature and that there are others out there who are in the same situation as me

Thank you

AmaZim2
06-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Hi! You're not alone :) I also can play only with toggled keys...because I'm left-handed player :)

But I already solved this out in all previous AC game:
Either you can edit the .ini config files...
or you can use AutoHotKey which allows you to toggle any key or mouse button.

bogdangym
06-30-2014, 08:25 AM
Thank you for your response
Can you please tell me what do I have to modify in the ini file.to make a key toggle.

AmaZim2
06-30-2014, 03:53 PM
The config .ini files are stored here:
c:\Users\"username"\Documents\

Example:
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag \ Assassin4MP_AmaZim2.ini :
Always look for this row:
HighProfileToggle=1 (0 is off, 1 is on...so change the 0 to 1) that's all :)

bogdangym
07-03-2014, 06:14 AM
Thanks a lot

AmaZim2
07-03-2014, 03:39 PM
You're welcome :)

nogoodreason
09-24-2017, 10:35 PM
Just jumping in to support this thread. The original Assassin's Creed gave us the option of RMB toggling high profile mode which was much more comfortable, and I would welcome its return. My hand can get quite sore after an Assassin's Creed session because of the amount of time I have to hold the RMB down, and I can't be the only one who finds this an unnecessary problem.

Moultonborough
09-25-2017, 04:25 AM
While it's great you wish to support this idea (as do I do to same result of a different disability) this thread is 3 years old now and I doubt the OP is watching it.Welcome to (posting at least) the forum.