PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity into Ezio style Trilogy/Second Installment?

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 10:12 PM
Just wondering if anyone thinks AC Unity should have a sequel that goes into the Napoleonic Wars throughout Europe at select locations, where Napoleon Bonaparte becomes the new Templar Grandmaster/Rodrigo Borgia archetype arch-villain. Maybe he gets a piece of Eden or something lol:

http://blog.parisinsights.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Napoleon_on_his_Imperial_throne.jpg
Yay? or Nay?

I think itd be pretty sweet.

Eh... This is suppose to be a poll how do you do that? Sorry XD

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
It most likely will.

It's probably already 2 years in development.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM
I think so, but I think Ubi will feel the wrath of the Connor fans first before they make any further progress... >_>;;;

But they said that they were done with trilogies, but how knows? Maybe plans have changed yet again....

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
I was just wondering since Napoleonic Wars are one of my favorite time periods in history. And I have some kind of minor obsession with Napoleon lol XD

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
@wendy

cool. I like passions like that :o

@humble

I will eat popcorn when the backlash arrives. :rolleyes:

ACfan443
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
If it wasn't for the unnecessary 'I don't like Arno or his setting that much', I would have been more inclined to vote, that probably should have been a separate option.

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 10:21 PM
@wendy

cool. I like passions like that :o

@humble

I will eat popcorn when the backlash arrives. :rolleyes:

Lmao :o

If it wasn't for the unnecessary 'I don't like Arno or his setting that much', I would have been more inclined to vote, that probably should have been a separate option.

Eh... Sorry :/

Farlander1991
06-26-2014, 10:22 PM
Nope, not for a few years at least. Well, in case the main character is Arno.

I want the ******** of expecting a life story of every main character to stop (and the illusion caused by Ezio's Trilogy that full story arcs aren't full story arcs unless they're whole life stories), which also means I don't want an Arno sequel. If it's about some other person - maybe yes.

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 10:38 PM
Nope, not for a few years at least. Well, in case the main character is Arno.

I want the ******** of expecting a life story of every main character to stop (and the illusion caused by Ezio's Trilogy that full story arcs aren't full story arcs unless they're whole life stories), which also means I don't want an Arno sequel. If it's about some other person - maybe yes.

In the case of characters like AC 4's Edward Kenway, I agree. He was a great character, but one game was all that was needed to fulfill his story.

I'm just missing all the hype attached to Ezio. I want another character to be as good as he was that deserves more than one game. We havnt seen much of Arno yet, but I guess Im growing attached pretty early on looking for that exact thing. And I love the setting lol. That's just me. :o

Jackburns14
06-26-2014, 11:15 PM
Arno is actually Napoleon.

Seriously though, I think it would be interesting. My main concern is that even though this would be cool, I want a new setting in a more exotic locale.

Will_Lucky
06-26-2014, 11:16 PM
If the game ends in 1799, then yeah thats 16 years more to cover. Thing is I'd rather see Napoleons adventures in Egypt as well and then get the chance to explore more of Europe when he becomes Emperor.

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 11:29 PM
If the game ends in 1799, then yeah thats 16 years more to cover. Thing is I'd rather see Napoleons adventures in Egypt as well and then get the chance to explore more of Europe when he becomes Emperor.

There's definitely a lot they can do with it. There could be some artifact you have to recover in Egypt that Napoleon's after. Idk lol

Will_Lucky
06-26-2014, 11:32 PM
There's definitely a lot they can do with it. There could be some artifact you have to recover in Egypt that Napoleon's after. Idk lol

Well he definitely manages to wield a Apple of Eden in his lifetime. Hell...his whole idea of invading Egypt with a team of scholars may very well have been a cover to get access to a Apple of Eden.

WendysBrioche
06-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Well he definitely manages to wield a Apple of Eden in his lifetime. Hell...his whole idea of invading Egypt with a team of scholars may very well have been a cover to get access to a Apple of Eden.

Lol, ikr? Thatd be cool. Ahh so much nerding for me today. :o

Dag_B
06-27-2014, 12:32 AM
I don't think I can answer this before playing the game and getting to know Arno and the story a little bit more. ^^"

Just generally spoken:
I would have no problem with prequels or sequels for any Assassins Creed game, as long as it has an interesting story, character and so on. If it's a game with good quality it does not matter if it's a new assassin or an old one. Although I would hope that those would make more progress than it was the case with the Ezio trilogy, gameplay-wise. (Good trilogy, nevertheless.)

adventurewomen
06-27-2014, 12:35 AM
I think so, but I think Ubi will feel the wrath of the Connor fans first before they make any further progress... >_>;;;.
EXACTLY..

Connor Sequel please, before this!!

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-27-2014, 12:38 AM
I'll admit that it would cool to see a second installment, but no trilogies. Don't want to turn this into an Ezio "milking" trilogy :p. One more should do it justice...

But we all know how should deserve their sequel first...

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
I'll admit that it would cool to see a second installment, but no trilogies. Don't want to turn this into an Ezio "milking" trilogy :p. One more should do it justice...

But we all know how should deserve their sequel first...

I was thinkin the same thing. Two games. And who knows, if we all love Arno and hes ****ing fantastic, sure, throw in a third game if we get to that point. ;)

RinoTheBouncer
06-27-2014, 10:30 AM
I wish. Maybe we can follow Napoleon to Egypt in one adventure. Now that would be amazing. At least we’ll see an interconnected story, not one that ends the moment it starts getting interesting.

They could even try an ancestral trilogy like the Kenway Saga to give more room for exploration. But if they’re smart, they can MAKE Arno likable in so many ways and I don’t necessarily mean to create a copy of Ezio, but rather a likable/interesting personality in a different way and give him 2 or 3 games.

Hans684
06-27-2014, 04:02 PM

Incorrect but kinda cool idea.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Napoleon_Bonaparte

Napoleon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 5 May 1821) was a Corsican military and political leader who was the Emperor of France from 1804 to 1815. He rose to power amidst the chaos and political turmoil of the French Revolution.

Bonaparte was regarded as one of the greatest military commanders in human history, although his successes in the military campaigns were the result of an Apple of Eden that came into his possession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No more trilogies, two games at with the same protagonist should be the limit unless there is a damn good reason for a trilogy. A story reason, not because of great feedback regarding the protagonist but the story and it's importance. If it's because of a great protagonist it would be like asking for a female protagonist or an Assassin simulator just for the sake of it without thinking about the story.

Dev_Anj
06-27-2014, 04:24 PM
I have an idea.

If Ubisoft want to expand on the French history timeline after Unity, fine, but how about place that game 3 years after Unity? In those three years, they can try out other eras, and see which ones are worth expanding on.

king-hailz
06-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Too early to tell... i MIGHT not like Arno... who knows...

Im 100 percent sure the next one is in england... it just feels like thats what they are doing... and the reason for the STUPID reason everyone in unity speaks in a british accent!

RinoTheBouncer
06-27-2014, 04:33 PM
Im 100 percent sure the next one is in england... it just feels like thats what they are doing... and the reason for the STUPID reason everyone in unity speaks in a british accent!

I agree. I feel like England is inevitable.

Sushiglutton
06-27-2014, 04:37 PM
There's something cool about playing as the same character over a couple of games, so I wouldn't mind if they tried that again.

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 07:47 PM
Incorrect but kinda cool idea.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Napoleon_Bonaparte

Napoleon Bonaparte (15 August 1769 5 May 1821) was a Corsican military and political leader who was the Emperor of France from 1804 to 1815. He rose to power amidst the chaos and political turmoil of the French Revolution.

Bonaparte was regarded as one of the greatest military commanders in human history, although his successes in the military campaigns were the result of an Apple of Eden that came into his possession.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No more trilogies, two games at with the same protagonist should be the limit unless there is a damn good reason for a trilogy. A story reason, not because of great feedback regarding the protagonist but the story and it's importance. If it's because of a great protagonist it would be like asking for a female protagonist or an Assassin simulator just for the sake of it without thinking about the story.

I just think Napoleon is too great an antagonist to pass up. I think he could make a great Templar Grandmaster. Better than the Borgia at least. But that's just me :p

I think Napoleon is what Ubisoft tried to make out the Borgia to be. He looks so Templar in his paintings. XD They could port Paris to the next game, albeit with a few changes, maybe the lighting and atmosphere, and add another city or two that were vitally important in Napoleon's conquest of Europe. Perhaps they could do the Vatican again, after all Napoleon did kidnap the Pope and had the entire archives of the Vatican relocated to France.

I think the period is ripe with opportunity to continue on with the story of Unity if it's good.

Idk, I'm just rambling XD.

Hans684
06-27-2014, 09:37 PM
I just think Napoleon is too great an antagonist to pass up. I think he could make a great Templar Grandmaster. Better than the Borgia at least. But that's just me :p

Well he is known for being ambitious, so he would be a perfect antagonist.

I think Napoleon is what Ubisoft tried to make out the Borgia to be. He looks so Templar in his paintings. XD They could port Paris to the next game, albeit with a few changes, maybe the lighting and atmosphere, and add another city or two that were vitally important in Napoleon's conquest of Europe. Perhaps they could do the Vatican again, after all Napoleon did kidnap the Pope and had the entire archives of the Vatican relocated to France.

It's a possible, we don't know if Ubisoft is working on an sequal to Arno or not.

I think the period is ripe with opportunity to continue on with the story of Unity if it's good.

Everything is an opportunity, nothing is limiting.

Idk, I'm just rambling XD.

Good rambling non the less.

Shahkulu101
06-27-2014, 09:42 PM
I'd support this.

If Arno was awesome enough. For some reason, it wouldn't feel right if you played as different Assassin's across the same historical era and the same country - probably because Ezio set another annoying precedent. ;)

cawatrooper9
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I've like the 1700s, but I'm ready for a new era for 2015.

WendysBrioche
06-27-2014, 09:57 PM
I've like the 1700s, but I'm ready for a new era for 2015.

It would go into the early 1800's. Napoleon dies around 1821. Slow progress but sure.

Im anticipating how they would do a World War Era Assassins Creed game. Although Id hope we get to explore parts of the world outside of the vicinity of Western Civilization before we get to that. Like Japan, China, Mongolia or India. We've dabbed a little bit into the Middle East already, but it was mostly under a Western pretense. Revelations was close, but Byzantines are still the Romans so kinda/ kinda not.

LoyalACFan
06-28-2014, 01:17 AM
Can we get through one Arno game before talking about another one? o_O

In any case, I think another trilogy (for any character) would be too much. I loved Revelations, but mostly because I thought Brotherhood was unnecessary. It would have been fine if we had jumped straight from "young Ezio confused by Minerva's message" to "old Ezio jaded and wondering whether his life has been worth it." He had basically no character development in Brotherhood at all.

WendysBrioche
06-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Good rambling non the less.

Haha. Thanks. :D

"young Ezio confused by Minerva's message" to "old Ezio jaded and wondering whether his life has been worth it." He had basically no character development in Brotherhood at all.

I thought he did. From becoming lone master assassin to leader of the assassins. But that's only cause I was a big Ezio fan lol.

And ya I know its early, its just for the first time since Ezio I'm finally comfortable to say okay, this guy seems alright, I can stand two games of him. From what we know he's suppose to be quick wit and he has this polite gentlemen demeanor thing going, which could make for some funny/likeable dialogue, it seems a nice change of pace for me at least, from connor who had the iq of a rabbit (signing of the declaration of independence he goes CHARLES LEEEEEEEEEEEEE so awkwardly, not a big Connor fan, although I'm aware many people liked him which I respect) and desparate Edward Kenway's libertine tragedy(alright guy but its kinda stressful to watch his depressing flashbacks to Caroline, I was like god, this guy's life sucks), it seems more appealing by contrast.

But I guess Im judging Arno to early.

Im just wondering how everyone feels about it considering the next game is probably set in stone in development regardless of the kind of feedback AC Unity is going to get once we finally have the game in our hands. Everything looks descent, the E3 demo was this first to satisfy me as much as AC 3's which wowed me at first. But I'm surprised/ somewhat glad everyone seems to be optimistic about the idea with what little we have on the next game! :rolleyes:

roostersrule2
06-28-2014, 02:25 AM
Two games per time period.

WendysBrioche
06-28-2014, 02:29 AM
Two games per time period.
If its good. XD I couldn't stand two Edward games. Once was enough. Good. But enough for me XD.

Ureh
06-28-2014, 03:07 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind investing a few years (2014-2016) into one main Assassin; follow their footstep from womb to tomb. Maybe Arno will be that person.

WendysBrioche
06-28-2014, 03:25 AM
Yeah I wouldn't mind investing a few years (2014-2016) into one main Assassin; follow their footstep from womb to tomb. Maybe Arno will be that person.

That's what you really got to think about. 2-3 years. That's a long time to spend on one assassin. Maintain that pace we'll only get a new assassin 3 times in a decade. OMGushhh so old!!!

rickprog
06-28-2014, 04:06 AM
Hey there. Long time lurker here, first time posting, although I've posted on the Initiates forum and so on.

I guess it might be a bit too soon to judge if Arno and his story are second (or even third) game material, but I believe that the setting that surrounds him, both time period and location, are quite good for that purpose, and his personality sounds quite likable. Also, it would feel fitting since Unity is kind of a reboot to the series in the sense of how much is being added into the game. Having Napoleon as the antagonist would be great, too. He'll be quite involved on Unity from what we've seen (concept art and what not), so it's a pretty good chance to work with.

On the other hand, there's loads of people that want another Connor game, and then there's the whole Unity bashing because the protagonist is not a female assassin, so we'll see what happens. I went with the "Yes" option, by the way.

JustPlainQuirky
06-28-2014, 04:07 AM
Welcome to the forums :o

WendysBrioche
06-28-2014, 04:16 AM
Hey there. Long time lurker here, first time posting, although I've posted on the Initiates forum and so on.

I guess it might be a bit too soon to judge if Arno and his story are second (or even third) game material, but I believe that the setting that surrounds him, both time period and location, are quite good for that purpose, and his personality sounds quite likable. Also, it would feel fitting since Unity is kind of a reboot to the series in the sense of how much is being added into the game. Having Napoleon as the antagonist would be great, too. He'll be quite involved on Unity from what we've seen (concept art and what not), so it's a pretty good chance to work with.

On the other hand, there's loads of people that want another Connor game, and then there's the whole Unity bashing because the protagonist is not a female assassin, so we'll see what happens. I went with the "Yes" option, by the way.

Haha cool. I'm new too. Ya that's another possibility they could add a female protagonist or even lead character for the second part. I was a little taken aback to find out there's 3 additional co-op characters and none of them are female. Maybe they'll get the chance later. :p

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-28-2014, 04:26 AM
Welcome to the forums :D

Assassin_M
06-28-2014, 05:08 AM
No, for the reasons farlander stated. it's stupid.

roostersrule2
06-28-2014, 05:52 AM
If its good. XD I couldn't stand two Edward games. Once was enough. Good. But enough for me XD.Edward's game would be the second of the two, with AC3 being the first.When I say I time period, it may be connected through family or something rather then two games being set in or around a historical event.

Shahkulu101
06-28-2014, 06:01 AM

Where the hell you been? ;)

Assassin_M
06-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Where the hell you been? ;)
places....i'll put on the signature soon dammit...it's a conspiracy i say

Shahkulu101
06-28-2014, 06:13 AM
places....i'll put on the signature soon dammit...it's a conspiracy i say

Oh yeah the sig - I forgot completely.

That's why you fled isn't it? ;)

Assassin_M
06-28-2014, 06:17 AM
Oh yeah the sig - I forgot completely.

That's why you fled isn't it? ;)
Yes........i mean no

HeedfulMass4856
06-28-2014, 07:04 AM
Nope. It's not Arno as much as the setting and time-period of Unity, which sucks, imo. I don't want even more AC games set in bland European-based time-periods.

LoyalACFan
06-28-2014, 07:18 AM

M... I've missed you so

I thought he did. From becoming lone master assassin to leader of the assassins. But that's only cause I was a big Ezio fan lol.

I'm a big Ezio fan too, and I stand by my assessment that ACB sucks :rolleyes: He went from lone Assassin to leader of voiceless robot Assassins he never interacts with, how grand. Revelations was WAYYY better IMO, and would have been better still if Brotherhood never existed and it got two years of dev time. Ideally they could have released Revelations as a half-Altair, half-Ezio game and rolled in certain aspects of Brotherhood's story (i.e. Cristina memories and Mario's death). We'd have gotten one amazing game instead of one good one and one "meh" one IMO.

Sushiglutton
06-28-2014, 08:30 AM
The main reason I want a couple of games with the same protagonist is this (SPOILER):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI

One of the reasons this scene works so well is that you have spent so many hours with these characters over several years. I don't think it's possible to create this much impact in a selfcontained game.

Assassin_M
06-28-2014, 08:39 AM
M... I've missed you so
I actually have not missed a single one of you all....you were always in my dreams and thoughts.

and oooooh i love how every time the Connor fangirls suggest another game for Connor, people would come and say "neoooooo, his story is over, we don't want more than one game for a protagonist" but then this poll...this place, though

Jexx21
06-28-2014, 08:40 AM
was I momo?

LoyalACFan
06-28-2014, 08:48 AM
The main reason I want a couple of games with the same protagonist is this (SPOILER):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mdxGQb2OI

One of the reasons this scene works so well is that you have spent so many hours with these characters over several years. I don't think it's possible to create this much impact in a selfcontained game.

Spoilers for Red Dead and TLOU

I feel like I quote RDR as an example of perfection too often, but it's just so damn good :p

John's death affected me as much or more than the ending of Revelations. As did Joel's betrayal. I don't think the story needs to span several games to have as strong a punch as ACR's ending, it just needs to be exceptionally well-told with characters you really feel attached to. Both RDR and TLOU, despite being shorter than the combined Ezio trilogy, felt like journeys just as grand and engrossing as Ezio's.

Assassin_M
06-28-2014, 08:48 AM
was I momo?
No, you didn't jump on teh cunnur fangirlz for wanting another cunnur game, you're a good boy

Jexx21
06-28-2014, 08:54 AM
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/310/2/b/momo_and_pabu_by_i_am_bleu-d5k6lkm.jpg

Sushiglutton
06-28-2014, 11:19 AM

I feel like I quote RDR as an example of perfection too often, but it's just so damn good :p

John's death affected me as much or more than the ending of Revelations. As did Joel's betrayal. I don't think the story needs to span several games to have as strong a punch as ACR's ending, it just needs to be exceptionally well-told with characters you really feel attached to. Both RDR and TLOU, despite being shorter than the combined Ezio trilogy, felt like journeys just as grand and engrossing as Ezio's.

Hmmm you're right, I insta-retreat :p! I agree that the emotional impact of those games were at least as big. That said there is something special about following characters for a long time. Maybe it's not the strength of the impact, but it's something.

steveeire
06-28-2014, 01:19 PM
OP you should have had a third option: I'll wait to see if AC Unity and Arno are any good. If the story and characters are good the yes I'm open to a Arno sequel.

DumbGamerTag94
06-28-2014, 03:29 PM
OP you should have had a third option: I'll wait to see if AC Unity and Arno are any good. If the story and characters are good the yes I'm open to a Arno sequel.

Who ever said a Unity Sequel has to have the same protagonist. They can continue the story with a different character if they wanted as long as it tied in with Unity.

WendysBrioche
06-29-2014, 01:13 AM
I'm a big Ezio fan too, and I stand by my assessment that ACB sucks :rolleyes: He went from lone Assassin to leader of voiceless robot Assassins he never interacts with, how grand. Revelations was WAYYY better IMO, and would have been better still if Brotherhood never existed and it got two years of dev time. Ideally they could have released Revelations as a half-Altair, half-Ezio game and rolled in certain aspects of Brotherhood's story (i.e. Cristina memories and Mario's death). We'd have gotten one amazing game instead of one good one and one "meh" one IMO.

Lol. That's true. Brotherrhood would've been much better if they included side missions per every guild like they did in Revelations. But the corrected it in Revelations so I'm fine. :p

I do still believe that Ezio's sequel should've always taken place in Rome. Istanbul was just tapped on to give more room to explore and an exotic new location.

m4r-k7
06-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Well considering we havn't played the game yet its hard to choose an answer. However, if the game is good and Arno is a likeable character, it would be awesome to have a sequel. Although, next AC games are already in development but I think it would be possible to have an AC Unity 2 as it is the first AC game for next gen. I am sure they wont give another purely numbered AC title in a while or the numbers would just build up and it would be stupid. I personally think AC 4 should have been called purely Black Flag and AC Unity should have been called AC 4. But hey, the name doesnt matter too much as long as its a good game! But yea I think they could do a unity sequel, but I am guessing they are working on lots of other AC games at the moment. One which is in production and one which is in pre-production stage.

Xstantin
06-29-2014, 01:25 AM

I think what also helped that these were original characters (well, the Read Dead was a spiritual something something), but neither Joel nor John had anyone to live up to. In case of AC many players will inevitably compare the new assassin to the previous ones.

WendysBrioche
06-29-2014, 05:25 AM
Well considering we havn't played the game yet its hard to choose an answer. However, if the game is good and Arno is a likeable character, it would be awesome to have a sequel. Although, next AC games are already in development but I think it would be possible to have an AC Unity 2 as it is the first AC game for next gen. I am sure they wont give another purely numbered AC title in a while or the numbers would just build up and it would be stupid. I personally think AC 4 should have been called purely Black Flag and AC Unity should have been called AC 4. But hey, the name doesnt matter too much as long as its a good game! But yea I think they could do a unity sequel, but I am guessing they are working on lots of other AC games at the moment. One which is in production and one which is in pre-production stage.

I agree with you completely. They've been pretty inconsistent in naming their titles since AC 4. AC 4 was essentially the same story arc thingy or whatever to AC3, a mini sequel to Connor. And Unity has its name because they want to emphasize the new co-op feature.

But it doesn't matter, so long as the games are good. :p

I think what also helped that these were original characters (well, the Read Dead was a spiritual something something), but neither Joel nor John had anyone to live up to. In case of AC many players will inevitably compare the new assassin to the previous ones.

Ya, thats definately true. I dont think the next Red Dead games will ever top John. Which isn't to say they'll be bad, they just won't have as good as a protagonist most likely. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us, both Read Dead 2 and AC Unity. :p

steveeire
06-29-2014, 09:24 AM
Who ever said a Unity Sequel has to have the same protagonist. They can continue the story with a different character if they wanted as long as it tied in with Unity.

The title of the thread states an Ezio style trilogy.

WendysBrioche
06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
The title of the thread states an Ezio style trilogy.

It could be either way. I didn't intend for it to be just that. :p

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:15 PM
Voted yes because I'm digging the setting, features, art style and thematic elements. But tbh, I felt the same about AC3 before its release, and that was a disappointment in many ways. If it goes well? Heck yes. There's a lot of material to mine.

Although my pet desire (as a history geek) is to see them make a series of games on the "Atlantic Revolutions"--American War of Independence, French Revolution, the various revolutions in the Spanish Americas, the Brabant Revolution...and of course the 1798 Rising in Ireland (not really worthy of a whole game, but I just love it too much). Will it happen? No way. But I can dream.

Jexx21
06-29-2014, 11:17 PM
i'd argue that games that don't do well need a sequel more than games that do well

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:22 PM
@ Jexx

From a gamer's perspective? Definitely. But the studio is less likely to make a followup to an unsuccessful game, especially in AC when there are so many other potential settings. That said, AC3 was financially successful, and so could easily have received a sequel. (though I--and apparently Ubisoft--didn't see the need)

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-29-2014, 11:30 PM
@ Jexx

Very true.

UniteUnderPower
06-30-2014, 03:08 AM
Yeah. I'd like to see at least one sequel to Arno's story. It'd definitely help get Ezio off of everyone's mind. I really love the Egypt ideas people are throwing around. That's one setting I've been dying to explore.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 03:52 AM
in a perfect world each Assassin would have two games and two games only

Altair would have AC1/Bloodlines combo and a game that covers the years that he was in Mongolia
Ezio would have AC2/Brotherhood combo and a more in depth Revelations (which still has some Altair missions and such)
Connor would have AC3 and another game
Edward's story is actually pretty good for one game, I'd give the second Edward game to Haytham, but if I had to give Edward a second game I would put it in London where he was always an official Assassin (plus we don't know much about his Assassin life in London so...)
Arno would have French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars

Hans684
06-30-2014, 07:45 AM
in a perfect world each Assassin would have two games and two games only

Altair would have AC1/Bloodlines combo and a game that covers the years that he was in Mongolia
Ezio would have AC2/Revelations combo and a more in depth Revelations (which still has some Altair missions and such)
Connor would have AC3 and another game
Edward's story is actually pretty good for one game, I'd give the second Edward game to Haytham, but if I had to give Edward a second game I would put it in London where he was always an official Assassin (plus we don't know much about his Assassin life in London so...)
Arno would have French Revolution and Napoleonic Wars

Now I fully agree.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 07:55 AM
you edited ezio to have AC2/Revelations :P

I was basically just thinking put Rome in AC2 like the original plan was and lengthen AC2 to introduce the Minerva/Juno rivalry before AC3.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-30-2014, 03:32 PM
Not against 1 protag having multiple sequels, but they gotta have more changes than Ezio trilogy did. The AC2 gameplay formula peaked quickly and ACR felt stale gameplay-wise

Dome500
06-30-2014, 05:09 PM
How about you add the following poll options:

Too early to tell, but I like the character and/or setting
2 games are enough, 3 games are too many

Those 2 are missing IMO. I would take the letter and I tell you why.

While I loved Revelations (even more than ACB in terms of story and setting) I really got the feeling it became repetitive and boring in terms of mechanics and general time period in the 3rd installment of the Ezio trilogy. 2 games are cool, 3 games are too many.

So yes, I would definitely like 2 games in a row which play in the same general period.
Maye even have Unity with Arno and the Second one (Unity 2 or however its called then) with another Character, maybe one we already get to know in ACU.
The historic area also provided you with enough time and material to make 2 games, especially since the developers stated the game will only reach from the dawn of the revolution up until the end of the reign of terror, which means all things in the French Republic and the Napoleon Wars are still open for a game.

But please not 3 games in the same period with the same character and in the same region.
If you have to choose the same period there are other interesting countries during that so maybe you can choose one there.
Or - even better - just go backwards and do other periods. English Civil War (Glorious Revolution), Ancient Egypt or Greece, or any other settings and periods that are a little bit away from it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:17 PM
I dont think edward could have his own sequel. His end felt conclusive.

Unless that sequel starts off with his 10 years of doing god knows what, his settlement to london, then a transition to the Haytham arc.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
his sequel would be him in London doing Assassin business.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
If I can walk around london petting dogs and picking up my son I'm all for it. :rolleyes:

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
I thought Edward's life after he got back to England was covered in some comic or novel.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:31 PM
a good 10 years of his life still went unrecorded according to darby.

and the book you are referring to is Forsaken, which I read and might re-read for the sake of feels.

Glad I decided not to burn it. :rolleyes:

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:42 PM
Why would you burn it?

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:44 PM
Because it gave me massive feels I never wanted to face again at the time.

And I felt it should have been punished.

Hilariously, I wasn't the only one to think in doing so. Various other people on tumblr said the same thing after reading it, to my surprise.

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
What happens? Nothing ever made me feel that deeply that I would resort to destroying it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Basically Haytham's life sucks from beginning to end.

He has no friends as a kid.
His neighbor who he almost became friends with had his throat slit and was killed.
Edward is stabbed infront of him.
His mom basically disowns him and refuses to talk to him.
He witnesses Edward Braddock murder an entire family including children. (one I believe was an infant but Im not sure)
His sister who barely even likes him is kidnapped and sold as a sex slave.
His mentor (and new guardian who raises him as a Templar) reginald is revealed to be a traitor by being the one who killed edward.
Haytham's only trusty friend/carriage driver commits suicide after his privates were cut off.
Ziio dumps Haytham because Edward Braddock wasn't killed immediatley, as he died 4 days later. (which is a dumb reason to dump him IMO)
All of Haytham's buddies in the order are slowly being killed off.
He rescues his sister but she doesnt really talk to him ever again.
Haytham doesn't know what to do about Connor so it's implied he submits to letting himself die by Connor's hands.

Yeah his life sucks.

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:58 PM
lol life sucks, having the name Kenway seems to be a curse, wonder if Conor survives it.

Also you may want to spoiler tag that.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:00 PM
I'm secretly hoping Connor commits suicide TBH.

I don't know why.

That, or ragequit the creed.

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 06:09 PM
^ So weird.

Yesterday I imagined a scenario where Connor would crawl into a hole and shoot himself after losing the Northwest Indian War.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 06:09 PM
I'm secretly hoping Connor commits suicide TBH.

Yesterday I imagined a scenario where Connor would crawl into a hole and shoot himself after losing the Northwest Indian War.

http://bestmoviesevernews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/americas-next-top-model-miss-jay-controversy.gif

God knows how he will die but I doubt suicide would be it....

Old age would be nice :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:10 PM
@shahk

what a coincidence

yesterday I imagined him seeing his village empty and his homestead burned down...and then he prompty shot himself then too!

WHAT A COINCIDENCE

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/high%20five/grand/high-five-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-692.gif

@humble

what can I say I'm a lover for tragedies :rolleyes:

Besides his life can suck all it wants if he gets some modern day closure....sure itll probably never happen but its always nice to imagine :rolleyes:

steveeire
06-30-2014, 06:13 PM
For symmetry I'd like to see him have a tragic ending like his Da and Grandpa.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:16 PM
And he doesn't have a kid. At least he doesnt know about it. Just a drunken one night stand where he was barely conscious :rolleyes:

Did I mention I love Connor? :rolleyes:

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 06:18 PM
he should be killed by his wife who turns out to be a templar

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Or worse.

his long lost sister. :rolleyes:

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 06:19 PM
Can't see Connor getting drunk or even being drunk and sleep with some random woman... It's just .... not him

@Mayrice
*shudders*

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:20 PM
Would you rather it be non-consensual then? :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM

Only if she's involved. ;)

Hans684
06-30-2014, 06:21 PM
he should be killed by his wife who turns out to be a templar

That actually sounds possible, he did try to unite the Templars in the sequences with Haytham.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 06:22 PM

Like how Connor was drunk in TTW? Lol God no!

Calvarok
06-30-2014, 06:23 PM
tell a complete story in one game, then move on to a new time period and person. FEMALE. ASSASSIN. I've been asking for years, and the general public is finally tired of not getting it too. y'all have no excuse.

I have no problem with what I've seen of Arno so far, he looks great. but no character should need more than one 30 hour game to tell a complete story.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:24 PM
@humble

Yes, only it's the lass who takes advantage of HIM! :rolleyes:

Is there any other way to make him more miserable? lolololol

@cal

hope for a well-written assassin.

Shouldnt matter if the assassin has lady parts or not.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Connor fell in love with a girl, and after a while they decide to get married. On their wedding night, while consummating the marriage, all of a sudden Connor's wife starts to cry, and then pulls out a knife and stabs Connor. But right before the blade enters Connor's heart, his eagle vision activates and he absorbs her memories (like Arno did), and we discover that she actually fell in love with Connor and is being forced to kill him because the Templars are holding the rest of her family hostage. Oh and he impregnates her.

This way you can see this memory in the Animus.

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Or worse.

his long lost sister. :rolleyes:

LOL she would look so uggers

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
@humble

Yes, only it's the lass who takes advantage of HIM! :rolleyes:

Is there any other way to make him more miserable? lolololol

@cal

hope for a well-written assassin.

Shouldnt matter if the assassin has a vajayjay or not.

Don't use that naughty word I was punished for it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:27 PM
@jexx

Yes. Yes. This is beautiful. :cool:

@pac

probably. but if she has Haytham's genes then she might have some booty :rolleyes:

@shahk

you were punished for it? lemme edit my post then...

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 06:27 PM
tell a complete story in one game, then move on to a new time period and person. FEMALE. ASSASSIN. I've been asking for years, and the general public is finally tired of not getting it too. y'all have no excuse.

I have no problem with what I've seen of Arno so far, he looks great. but no character should need more than one 30 hour game to tell a complete story.

I think 2 games is the proper amount for an AC protagonist (aside from Edward) tbh

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:29 PM
I agree fully with Jexx.

One game to set a tone, establish an atmosphere, and introduce/develop a character and concept.

Another game to expand on that concept with a now well-developed character.

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 06:30 PM

Let's see if that's forbidden, you sexist pigs.

And yeah Connor should totally die. Fits his tragic character, however it can't be in vain.

EDIT: it is forbidden. Why are our private bits taboo

I'm becoming an anarchistic nudist

Hans684
06-30-2014, 06:31 PM
Connor fell in love with a girl, and after a while they decide to get married. On their wedding night, while consummating the marriage, all of a sudden Connor's wife starts to cry, and then pulls out a knife and stabs Connor. But right before the blade enters Connor's heart, his eagle vision activates and he absorbs her memories (like Arno did), and we discover that she actually fell in love with Connor and is being forced to kill him because the Templars are holding the rest of her family hostage. Oh and he impregnates her.

This way you can see this memory in the Animus.

We can't if he impregnates her. So we have be one of his Assassin recruits viewing the event.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 06:32 PM
@Jexx

I agree with that story a bit. Sounds doable. But if she did love him, I think she would have told him about the family hostage thing, and then he tries to save them or something.

And I agree that each protag should have two games to finish their story. Makes total sense!

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:33 PM
Here we are talking about ways to tragically kill off Connor.

Meanwhile Connor stands awkwardly in the background, upset.

@shahk

I want him to convert to templar-ism. and I want to fight him as Arno. and to get a grand flashback of his sucky life that resulted when he joined the assassins. :rolleyes:

@humble

I thought jexx was joking. It sounds really silly IMO XD

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 06:39 PM
@Mayrice

We're just trying to give Ubi some ideas just in case they're stumped on how to end his story. We want it to be perfect.

And I didn't know he was joking, but it sounds like something that could happen in a fanfiction lol

And once again, you insist on making him a TEMPLAR! IMPOSSIBRUUU!

Although I did see this.. Enjoy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_JiTqAdc874

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:51 PM
@humble

lol I'm sure Ubi can handle themselves when it comes to ideas. Plus they probably have his arc already planned out by now :o

And anything can happen in fanfiction. My favorite fanfiction quote:

Obama chuckled. "You mean the Chaos Emeralds?"

Connor converting to templar-ism just feels...like the right descision IMO. Or in the very least leaving the assassins.

And that video...*sigh* Shay's mentor was never leaked to be Connor. Different time period. And this guy clearly didn't read forsaken.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 06:55 PM
I was joking but I was trying to make it seem possible because connor would impregnate her right as he died.

Cuchulainn1892
01-20-2015, 11:36 PM
Not a bad idea at all if ubisoft makes a trilogy from Arno/unity and can see some similarities between Arno and young Ezio from ACII. I'm really holding out for an Irish assassins creed game though, character and setting - shay Cormac doesn't count!

Altair1789
01-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Arno is actually Napoleon.

Seriously though, I think it would be interesting. My main concern is that even though this would be cool, I want a new setting in a more exotic locale.

How? Assassin's Creed can't really do that since it should make sense with the animus

My opinion is we don't need another game in this time period for a while

Democrito_71
01-20-2015, 11:49 PM

Or as a way to find Altairs books? Darim, Altairs son hid the books in Alexandria in Revelations and Napoleon conquered Alexandria. Those books might lead to a new, Piece of Eden that is more powerful than an apple??

DemonLord4lf
01-21-2015, 12:16 AM

In any case, I think another trilogy (for any character) would be too much. I loved Revelations, but mostly because I thought Brotherhood was unnecessary. It would have been fine if we had jumped straight from "young Ezio confused by Minerva's message" to "old Ezio jaded and wondering whether his life has been worth it." He had basically no character development in Brotherhood at all.

If you were to just look at Ezio alone, that statement is true. However, if you take into account Desmond, then you can understand the reasoning. Before they killed him off, a lot of people, myself included, believed that Desmond was going to become the new Grand Mentor of the Assassin Brotherhood. So for him to learn how to use and interact with other assassins would be perfect for him. However, since they did technically kill him off, He's in the gray with Juno and Clay now. it kinda made the whole point of Brotherhood moot.

Hrafnagud72
01-21-2015, 12:49 AM
My personal feeling is that Unity had so many problems and mistakes that caused a huge uproar in the gaming community that Ubi will wipe their hands clean of anything related to Unity as soon as they get the first opportunity to do so.

Journey93
01-21-2015, 08:18 PM
hell no Arno sucked I don'T want two more games with him

GunnerGalactico
01-21-2015, 09:33 PM
Weird case of deja vu here. Don't worry, this was deliberately meant to be a bad joke :rolleyes: