PDA

View Full Version : Please Read Moderators/FANS! AC Unity MUST HAVE FEATURE!!!! (constructive criticism)

jd55513
06-26-2014, 10:02 PM
Earlier in the mouth around the E3 reveal of AC unity,i was amazed at the new introduction of Co-Op a feature that has been asked for years and finally with next gen and consistent feedback thanks to moderators and amazing fans like you guys it was finally put it. with things already revealed such as the New streamlined, systematic parkour system(EPIC) and the new serious focus on Stealth and the new challenging Combat system that will force players to rethink how they play an Assassin Creed game, it would seem that Unity is again like many of great games in the past few years is challenging the way game are made and done successfully.

Confirmed features/gameplay changes :
*New Parkour system
*New combat system
*Co-op
*AC3 level of Side content
*Paris Catacombs
*reintroduction of Axes and Spears and other weapon types
*Social Hubs
*Phantom Blade
*Lockpicking
*Immersive interiors/exteriors
*Assassin Customization
*Huge Map
*New interesting Modern day
*Large A.I and Crowd Activities
etc(might add more)

With all these new features i was impressed but then i realized(and i have posted feedback in other threads) That because of the new drastic changes being done on the 3 pillars of Assassin creed (combat, parkour, stealth) there should be a feature that allows the player(besides the Tutorials) to practice and hone their skills with these such elements and what better than the **BROTHERHOOD TRAINING ROOMS** Player could practice if they are struggling with the combat or stealth by simply going to main menu or under some Animus tab and select training rooms and select of the 3 types of gameplay(Combat,Stealth,Parkour) and have fun interesting simulation that walk with the player offering hints and such. then have them get progressively harder just like in brotherhood and have leader boards and exclusive rewards and outfits.

But my biggest hope for the training rooms is that they have Co-op implemented in them if possible. Its been confirmed that besides the Campaign co-op there are other activities for players involving their friends(exploration) and why not be able to invite them into the training rooms and have "king of the hill"and "how long can you survive?" type of things/ gameplay.

Hopefully the developers have something like that in mind for us later in the months and i hope the moderators can read this and send it to the developers so hopefully they can be eventually put in a future title

Here is a few videos of the training rooms in case some people have forgotten or not played Brotherhood.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR089iYnheY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUUe8dLftSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3fBINsjKnY

Thank you for reading and please leave me some of your guys and gals opinions on this.:D

Wolfmeister1010
06-26-2014, 10:07 PM
No. I prefer that we learn and practice in the actual game. Being killed/punished for not being prepared or skilled enough, then working and getting better through gameplay is something that should remain a focus.

Although sometimes I liked to go to the VR training room and have fun killing tons of people. Maybe if there was an endless wave of enemy training thing that would be fun

But I just don't care enough to say I want it. I wouldn't necessarily be strongly opposed to it..but they should focus on other things.

ShadowSolaris7
06-26-2014, 10:09 PM
I really like the survival idea that would be pretty fun with friends and I think having co-op tutorials would be a great idea.

jd55513
06-26-2014, 10:14 PM
No. I prefer that we learn and practice in the actual game. Being killed/punished for not being prepared or skilled enough, then working and getting better through gameplay is something that should remain a focus.

Although sometimes I liked to go to the VR training room and have fun killing tons of people. Maybe if there was an endless wave of enemy training thing that would be fun

But I just don't care enough to say I want it. I wouldn't necessarily be strongly opposed to it..but they should focus on other things.

I understand your point but i can assure you both me and you, and millions of the AC core fanbase will struggle and if what is being said about combat and how hard it can be "5 guards= your dead" then training like the VR rooms would be perfect and offer more replayability

I really like the survival idea that would be pretty fun with friends and I think having co-op tutorials would be a great idea.

Exactly imagine a mode where its a horde/ last man standing kind of mode with your friends!!!?? that would be sick

pacmanate
06-26-2014, 10:16 PM

That doesnt really make much sense, cause if you want to be punished in game and learn go ahead, thats fine. But if the training rooms are back you dont have to use them. I personally loved the training rooms as they were just fun to mess around in.

jd55513
06-26-2014, 10:19 PM
That doesnt really make much sense, cause if you want to be punished in game and learn go ahead, thats fine. But if the training rooms are back you dont have to use them. I personally loved the training rooms as they were just fun to mess around in.

Exacly! And because of Co-op imagine how MUCH BETTER the training rooms could be you could besides having stealth, platforming and combat they could throw in puzzles and horde like game training sessions WITH YOU FRIENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:o

SHADOWGARVIN
06-26-2014, 10:20 PM
What do you mean with "AC3 level of Side content".

I think it's far too late for them to add a new feature.

jd55513
06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
What do you mean with "AC3 level of Side content".

I think it's far too late for them to add a new feature.
1. I meant that by "AC level of side content", i was referring the huge amount of sidequest that takes like 30+ hours to do.(Homestead, Assassination, Feathers, Convoys, Hunting,Animus fragments,forts, Naval etc.)
2. It depends if they have no assets then yes it probably wont be implemented but they can take brotherhood files for it and code it into the Anvil next and go from there. idk

SHADOWGARVIN
06-26-2014, 10:34 PM
Ok. There was indeed a lot of side content in AC3.

jd55513
06-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Can anyone contact the mods and see if they can send this idea to the developers? much appreciated

pacmanate
06-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Can anyone contact the mods and see if they can send this idea to the developers? much appreciated

Yeah sure... I'll call upon Shade and Widow. Firstly;

Shade - TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS TRANSFORMERS

Widow - LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES LUNCHBOXES

Wolfmeister1010
06-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Okay lets all be honest with ourselves here.. I am sure the combat will be different, but it is still gonna be easy as hell. They said combat in ACR and AC3 was gonna be hard, and then in AC4. The only people who are actually gonna die are the noobies playing the demos we all cringed at last year.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 01:12 AM
TBH I kinda understand why the game is made easy in combat.

Those soldiers who grab my hand and headbutt me and dont let me counter their attacks always pissed the hell out of me because they broke my flow. I still dont know how to beat them.

Call me an idiot.

dxsxhxcx
06-27-2014, 01:21 AM

THIS! I don't know why they decided to remove this feature, it was pretty cool to spend some time there when I didn't want to do any mission and just have some mindless fun, I also enjoyed the challenges it provided, if implemented again they could create new ones involving the cover system for example.

ps: a god mode would be awesome as well.

jd55513
06-27-2014, 01:50 AM
THIS! I don't know why they decided to remove this feature, it was pretty cool to spend some time there when I didn't want to do any mission and just have some mindless fun, I also enjoyed the challenges it provided, if implemented again they could create new ones involving the cover system for example.ps: a god mode would be awesome as well.Yes i agree with you i would love that with the new co-op

TBH I kinda understand why the game is made easy in combat.Those soldiers who grab my hand and headbutt me and dont let me counter their attacks always pissed the hell out of me because they broke my flow. I still dont know how to beat them.Call me an idiot.Exactly and judging from the new combat the training rooms would be beneficial even for the hardcore of the series

Fatal-Feit
06-27-2014, 02:51 AM
THIS! I don't know why they decided to remove this feature, it was pretty cool to spend some time there when I didn't want to do any mission and just have some mindless fun, I also enjoyed the challenges it provided, if implemented again they could create new ones involving the cover system for example.

ps: a god mode would be awesome as well.

I agree as well. Some VR features would be great! It could help/test players ability in combat instead of running aimlessly around and murdering guards like a maniac.

AC already has godmode.

Shahkulu101
06-27-2014, 02:54 AM
I agree as well. Some VR features would be great! It could help/test players ability in combat instead of running aimlessly around and murdering guards like a maniac.

AC already has godmode.

Yes it's called single player.

LoyalACFan
06-27-2014, 06:04 AM

I can't imagine that the training rooms would take more than a few hours to create TBH. They're pretty bare-bones; no new mechanics need to be added, and they presumably already have the training corridor. They just need to throw in spawn points and a few white boxes to climb on. Honestly, it should be easier and less time-consuming than making a fan level in a level creator.

shobhit7777777
06-27-2014, 07:51 AM
VR rooms would be nice....and an ACR like "training room" would be fantastic (You could enter an animus sim and fool around with new bombs etc.)

However...I do wish they update (And I feel they have) the meaning of "Stealth" in the AC games.....the VR "Stealth" rooms were basically lone rooftop sentries.....I'd like animus Templar dens please with crowds.

Mr_Shade
06-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Might be a little late to consider adding new features.. if it's not already in the game..

However I will highlight for the team, though I can't promise any responses.

I can't imagine that the training rooms would take more than a few hours to create TBH. They're pretty bare-bones; no new mechanics need to be added, and they presumably already have the training corridor. They just need to throw in spawn points and a few white boxes to climb on. Honestly, it should be easier and less time-consuming than making a fan level in a level creator.

I'm sure there's more to it than just 'throwing' in a few boxes ;)

pacmanate
06-27-2014, 11:35 AM
Might be a little late to consider adding new features.. if it's not already in the game..

Well I doubt it would be resource extensive. They don't even have textures... or at least they all have the same texture.

marvelfannumber
06-27-2014, 11:53 AM
Meh, I am the kind of person who would prefer it if there were NO tutorials, i.e I have to figure out everything myself through good game design.

Basically what I am trying to say is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM

Mr_Shade
06-27-2014, 11:58 AM
Well I doubt it would be resource extensive. They don't even have textures... or at least they all have the same texture.

So, time is not a resource?

It might not be as simple as some of you 'game development experts' consider it.. AI needs paths writing, it's a game mode so a new menu system, new sounds, etc etc

Anywhooo - only people who know are the people writing the game - so time will tell ;)

SHADOWGARVIN
06-27-2014, 12:34 PM

It might not be as simple as some of you 'game development experts' consider it.. AI needs paths writing, it's a game mode so a new menu system, new sounds, etc etc

Anywhooo - only people who know are the people writing the game - so time will tell ;)

LOL! Everybody seems to think it's as easy as pie. I'm sure it's not easy work and it would cost a lot of time to make any changes or add new features. I'm sure they have other things on their mind.

Hans684
06-27-2014, 04:45 PM

Indeed but they are worth it, just send a massage to a team working on an unknown AC that is early enough in development to not hurt anything by adding it.

pacmanate
06-27-2014, 05:33 PM

Time... They have 10 studios and 4 years.

jd55513
06-27-2014, 11:51 PM

I strongly appreciate you sending this feedback to the developers and worse case scenario, it is on a bucket list for future games.
And again thank you for listening.:o