PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III: Holding the bridge at Lexington and Concord

Tovey2012
06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
I am having trouble completing the section of holding the bridge and the line against the redcoats at Lexington and Concord. I keep getting desynchronized again and again. I even bought the Piggy back official guide book for suggestions, but to no avail. I am getting sick of it. Is there any way I can fast forward this section?

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 07:31 PM
you talking about that mission where you walk around and tell people to shoot?

it's easy. just look at your map and wait for the red dots to turn to an outlined red shape. Then tell the troops across from that shape to fire. Repeat.

TheDanteEX
06-26-2014, 07:33 PM
This mission was almost a deal-breaker for me. I honestly didn't like it at all and made me pretty angry at AC3. It's lame story-wise and gameplay-wise.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 07:34 PM
It was incredibly boring but too short for me to get mad at.

TheDanteEX
06-26-2014, 08:43 PM
It is a bit silly to be mad at a simple mission, but something about it didn't settle right with me. It doesn't help when its only in sequence 7, I believe.

ACfan443
06-26-2014, 08:47 PM
This is arguably the worst mission in AC3, glitchy horse, horrible design, I don't blame you for being frustrated with it. Keep persevering and you'll get there eventually.

GunnerGalactico
06-26-2014, 08:52 PM
That's one the easiest missions to do in the game. I kind of enjoyed that sequence, but then again... it didn't make sense for Connor to lead the blue coats and command them to fire. He easily could've acted on his own (like work behind the scenes) and did something to sabotage the red coats from approaching... maybe reduce their numbers, making it easier for the blue coats. That's just my opinion.

SpiritMuse
06-27-2014, 01:15 AM
I didn't find it easy at all. I realized you can actually fire at the approaching squads before they reach the point where they stop, that ended up working pretty well. And running back and forth a lot.

Ureh
06-27-2014, 01:16 AM
I am having trouble completing the section of holding the bridge and the line against the redcoats at Lexington and Concord. I keep getting desynchronized again and again. I even bought the Piggy back official guide book for suggestions, but to no avail. I am getting sick of it. Is there any way I can fast forward this section?

Yeah, like Mayrice said you'll want to keep an eye on your mini map. Here are some additional tips that may help:

1. Make sure to only give the order to fire when the lobsters have come to a complete halt (ie when they are about to aim their rifles). Too early, the rebels will miss. Too late, they'll die.
2. As soon as you press the button to fire, don't sit and watch, immediately turn around and gallop to the next group (this is where paying attention to the mini map is important, so you know which position the redcoats are about to hit next).
3. A minor tip, but might help. When you enter the glowing circle to give the order, stay close to the edge. No need to gallop to the center of the circle. This may save you 1 or 2 seconds when you move to the next group.

Not sure if you knew about these or if the guide mentioned them. Hopefully they help. If we think of anything else I'm sure we'll let you know.