PDA

View Full Version : What was the hardest AC to achieve 100% completion?

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 01:10 AM
Just wanted to know your thoughts. In my opinion, AC3 was the hardest game to get 100%. Quite a few of the optional objectives were pretty darn hard. Add the fact that you had to get the "All in one" objective during each mission, and I found myself constantly restarting the mission or reloading the nearest checkpoint before I screwed up. And don't get me started on how long and tedious the hunting missions were. It took me nearly 65 hours to complete. Still loved the game, though. Even if it did make me want to tear my hair out at moments.

I've never 100%ed AC1 either. F dem flags, man. Ain't nobody got time fo dat.
That being said, I wouldn't say that AC1 was "hard" to achieve 100% completion, just very time consuming. If you look up all the flag and Templar locations online, then all you got to do is find them. Not hard, but it'll take quite some time to do.

I've also haven't 100%ed AC4. Stupid glitch happened to me when I was doing the assassination contracts. There was a red dot on my screen for the rest of the game. But, other than that, I didn't have any trouble doing any of the optional objectives in AC4, so despite not being able to do all the assassination contracts, I found that the game would be relatively easy to beat to completion.

So, what are all you guys' thoughts?

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 01:13 AM
i don't care

DisbandedBox359
06-26-2014, 01:18 AM
AC3 for me, theres some stupid naval mission that I can never complete all the constraints, its stopping me from 100% sync :(

LieutenantRex
06-26-2014, 01:34 AM
I'm really surprised so many people voted for AC3. I completed the game 100% with only one replay of a mission on my first playthrough... I suppose it was because I really wanted the Altair outfit though.

ACB, even though I love that game to death, was the hardest for 100% completion. So many Borgia Flags... Some are placed in lairs of Romulus >.>

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 01:42 AM
AC:B is my favorite game in the series, so I've had no problem beating that game to 100% completion. I've done it several times now. Never had a problem with the flags in that game because I just bought the maps to show me where they all were. But, yeah, they didn't show up in the Romulus lairs unless you went into eagle vision. So it was a bit of a problem when I had to beat the lair in 8 minutes or less and also try and find those darn flags. I usually have to focus on either the flags or the time limit on the first time through the lair.

There is one particular race mission in AC:B that drives me absolutely nuts, though. Can't remember the name of it, however.

LieutenantRex
06-26-2014, 01:49 AM
AC:B is my favorite game in the series, so I've had no problem beating that game to 100% completion. I've done it several times now. Never had a problem with the flags in that game because I just bought the maps to show me where they all were. But, yeah, they didn't show up in the Romulus lairs unless you went into eagle vision. So it was a bit of a problem when I had to beat the lair in 8 minutes or less and also try and find those darn flags. I usually have to focus on either the flags or the time limit on the first time through the lair.

There is one particular race mission in AC:B that drives me absolutely nuts, though. Can't remember the name of it, however.

The last one? In the Coliseum? That one had me in tears.

DisbandedBox359
06-26-2014, 01:55 AM

Yeah I always went for 100% sync the first time then replayed them later for the flags

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 01:57 AM
No, not that one, though that one can be pretty tough, too.

I found the race. It's called "Young at Heart."

This guys makes it look easy, but I swear I have the hardest time with this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2LJh66_FzI

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 01:59 AM
AC:3 isn't that hard to 100%. I'm almost done 100%ing the game right now and I've only been playing 2-3 days.

Though I haven't done the naval missions yet so I might eat those words.

Shahkulu101
06-26-2014, 02:07 AM
Wait till you get to stuff as tedious as delivery requests and filling out the homestead journal, Mayrice.

You'll find yourself trying to muster up all your willpower.

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 02:09 AM
You're a better player than I if you've managed to nearly 100% in just a few days. There are some particularly hard naval missions. I can't quite remember, but I believe there are some where you can't take X amount of damage, or maybe any damage at all. When it came to the hunting and gambling and some of the other side objectives, I just want to hurl my controller at the tv... but that would just be stupid of me.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 02:10 AM
I will push through.

for Haytham.

for Connor.

FOR FREEDOOOOOOOM!

@shor

well whenever I fail an objective I immeditatley reset the checkpoint over and over until I get it. Most don't take long for me but three or four have had me stumped for quite a while.

Though I felt quite accomplished once I got them and never got frustrated to the point of rage quitting.

Edit: Yeah I checked. Almost done 100%ing main missions, leap of faith locations and homestead missions. I still have to get the collectibles, naval missions, and other random side stuff on the maps.

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 02:16 AM
I had wondered how people were going to abbreviate my user name. lol. Yeah, I too constantly restart the mission until I get it right as well. Have you made to the one where you have to chase down Charles Lee? That probably took me about 35 minutes to get right.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 02:22 AM
Ahaha no not yet. Is that the one where you can't touch any fire? If so I think I nailed that one when I first played it. Maybe not.

I'm on sequence 10 currently (almost finished) and have full sync so far except for 3 moments. 1 was missed because I was lazy lol.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-26-2014, 02:45 AM
Hmm.. this is a tough one for me, AC:3 was not that hard but it's the only AC game I clearly remember after having played it so many times XD

But for me, I guess I would have to say...... AC4

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 05:32 AM
Yeah. You can't take any fire damage. Stay within range, and can't shove anyone. Wish I could've gotten it on my first try.

Locopells
06-26-2014, 09:10 AM
ACIV, as you have to do all the board games...

Moultonborough
06-26-2014, 09:26 AM
The Bunker Hill one where you can't get shot. Drives me crazy, the second part (Air Assassination) is easy enough. But no damage pisses me off to no end. Also I really wish they didn't put any into Multiplayer.

EVA Spartan 317
06-26-2014, 10:07 AM
ACIV, as you have to do all the board games...

I have 100% for AC IV and it's the only one I got 100%. And the Abstergo Challenges are not required for Full Sync btw. I've never played board games just completed all missions 100% and found all collectibles and done. :D

HoIcon
06-26-2014, 10:54 AM
I've never really found any of the AC games hard, just sometimes time consuming mostly because of collectibles which i was fine with collecting unless they didn't give me anything like in AC1
In ACIII & ACIV my ship was always decently upgraded before i played the high level naval contracts so i never had any problem with doing them or full syncing them
I was a bit disorientated when i was chasing Charles Lees in the burning ship but i still did it on my first try
I do wish they'd redo the combat so it actually required some skill to kill, at least in AC1 it required some timing but it's gotten way too easy

roostersrule2
06-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Never 100% an AC game before.

The only game I have 100% is RDR.

GunnerGalactico
06-26-2014, 11:48 AM
For me it was ACR... don't know why, it was just the only game that I found difficult to achieve 100%

AherasSTRG
06-26-2014, 12:11 PM
AC3 by far. It literally took me months to fully sync "The Giant and the Storm".

roostersrule2
06-26-2014, 12:14 PM
AC3 by far. It literally took me months to fully sync "The Giant and the Storm".My god, that mission was so ****ing annoying.

SHADOWGARVIN
06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
I remember that mission, it was really annoying.

rob.davies2014
06-26-2014, 01:42 PM
The tank mission in Brotherhood.

Moultonborough
06-26-2014, 01:49 PM
The tank mission in Brotherhood.

At first it took me forever to get full synch. I could get to the fortress then lose it. Kinda cheap thing to do but just fire from a little outside the wooden doors an you can't get hit.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-26-2014, 03:17 PM
AC3 by far. It literally took me months to fully sync "The Giant and the Storm".

OMG You have no idea how many times Ive tried that mission!! I still have trouble today trying to get it!! I think I get trolled on it as well when the odds look to my favor and BOOM at the last minute doesnt get the last ship right... UGHHHHHHHHHHH the FRUSTRATION!!!!!

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 04:19 PM
Looked up that mission. Looks frustrating lol.

Especially since I suck at using the ship in AC3

ShoryukenMan
06-26-2014, 10:58 PM
I can say that I will never try to achieve 100% in AC3 again. Any of the other games, sure. But, from now on when I play AC3, I'll just enjoy the game and not worry myself over getting everything in the game done to perfection.

Farlander1991
06-26-2014, 11:00 PM
I guess since ACR is the only AC game I haven't 100%-ed yet still - it's ACR. Doesn't help that the latest PC version patch has introduced to some bugs with bomb-related challenges which makes 100%ing completable only via pulling some tricks out of the ***, and since it was the last patch it wasn't fixed.

ACfan443
06-26-2014, 11:12 PM
I guess since ACR is the only AC game I haven't 100%-ed yet still - it's ACR. Doesn't help that the latest PC version patch has introduced to some bugs with bomb-related challenges which makes 100%ing completable only via pulling some tricks out of the ***, and since it was the last patch it wasn't fixed.

The bomb glitch affected all platforms as far as I'm aware, I had trouble unlocking one of the trophies myself on PS3. Can't remember how I eventually did it, but it probably did involve some tinkering like you mentioned.

Locopells
06-27-2014, 01:29 AM
I have 100% for AC IV and it's the only one I got 100%. And the Abstergo Challenges are not required for Full Sync btw. I've never played board games just completed all missions 100% and found all collectibles and done. :D

*facepalm*

Forgot that. Gonna have to change my vote to ACIII in that case, for that naval mission.

SixKeys
06-27-2014, 01:39 AM
The other games made me want to push through no matter what (I've 100%:d all but AC4 so far, still in the middle of that), but AC3 frustrated me so much I decided I don't even care. I'd rather keep my sanity than keep replaying The Giant and the Storm or those stupid board games. :p

Ureh
06-27-2014, 01:43 AM
Either ACB or AC3. Whenever I think of 100% sync optional objectives, the tank mission is the first to pop up. Yucky! Gonna have to say ACB. I repeated that mission 16 times on my first playthrough.

ShoryukenMan
06-27-2014, 01:47 AM
I understand that the tank mission in AC:B is terrible if your trying to 100% it. What makes it so bad is that the mission is quite long. So if you mess up, then it's all the way back to the start. In the last area, you can cheese it if you stay outside and start blowing the other tanks up.

Locopells
06-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Savegame manipulation saves my sanity when doing that one...

poptartz20
06-27-2014, 03:55 AM
urgh... Come to think of it... outside of AC2 I've never done !00% on any of the other games. Ha! I wanted to on with AC3 since I enjoyed it so much buuut... funny how that worked out. Ha!

STDlyMcStudpants
06-27-2014, 05:12 AM
ACB because of MP

ShoryukenMan
06-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Multiplayer isn't required for 100% completion. Unless you mean doing everything concerning single player and multiplayer. In that case, I should clarify that I mean 100%ing single player.

LoyalACFan
06-27-2014, 06:37 AM
None of them are "hard," but AC3 has so much useless junk to slog through it's definitely the worst. Delivery requests? Crafting missions? Perving on homestead residents to complete my journal? Lolnothanks.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Multiplayer isn't required for 100% completion. Unless you mean doing everything concerning single player and multiplayer. In that case, I should clarify that I mean 100%ing single player.

If you don't platinum or get 1000 Gamerscore.. you didnt 100%

Ureh
06-29-2014, 09:03 PM
urgh... Come to think of it... outside of AC2 I've never done !00% on any of the other games. Ha! I wanted to on with AC3 since I enjoyed it so much buuut... funny how that worked out. Ha!

I never thought I'd get the platinum for AC3. But a year after my purchase, I finally got it! Yay! Pretty fun except when you're getting stunlocked.

purplekurple
06-29-2014, 09:29 PM

That's the difference between 100% synchronization and 100% completion.

Kirokill
06-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Goodness! AC3 was easy as heck, surprising how many votes for it. I took 2 hours for the tunnel viewing and that was the last thing for me to do. It had many useless things but it was simpler than the Ezio trilogy.
I chose revelations as there is no reloading from checkpoint and you can't fail memory to start from checkpoint with the objective.
OO are the hardest, and maybe brotherhood harder than revelations. I don't know for sure.

Assassin_M
06-29-2014, 09:39 PM
AC I because of the flags...not their locations but the fact that I had to beat myself and collect them to get no reward in the end.

Kirokill
06-29-2014, 09:42 PM
AC I because of the flags...not their locations but the fact that I had to beat myself and collect them to get no reward in the end.

How many are there? 150? 200? All combined I mean.

Assassin_M
06-29-2014, 09:44 PM
How many are there? 150? 200? All combined I mean.
410 :nonchalance:

Kirokill
06-29-2014, 09:49 PM
410 :nonchalance:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HNjIdaEaqv4/UB5qgHr9acI/AAAAAAAACGk/fFxNFs_qt38/s1600/man-shoots-himself-in-the-head.gif

FlamingMoh
06-30-2014, 01:13 AM
i don't care
That's really rude. Anyway, I thought AC3 was the hardest to 100%.

Calvarok
06-30-2014, 05:00 AM
AC4. I only managed to collect all the animus data fragments because I listened to about 10 podcast episodes on my ipod while doing it. the most boring collectible in the series. Just way too many, way too spread out, requiring my to sail places and jump out of my ship and swim to small beaches that all look the same and swim back... the swimming was the worst part

ShoryukenMan
06-30-2014, 09:37 PM

You know what? You're right. I should've said 100% synchronization in single player.

That being said, I just don't like multiplayer all that much. Unless it's COD (yes, I like some call of duty every now and then) or Halo, I'm just not going to bother with multiplayer.
Not to mention, some day it's going to be impossible to get all the achievements or trophies in these games, because eventually the servers will either shut down or the online
mode just won't be supported any more. So, it's a bit difficult for me to consider multiplayer as 100% a primarily single player game.

So, technically I've never truly 100% any of the AC games. But, I tell ya what. Loading up AC2-3 and seeing it say 100% synch is good enough for me. lol.

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 09:43 PM
Im not sure, I hate MP so I never get 100%

Runithorn
07-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Honestly the biggest pain in the Rear for me was getting 100% in AC brotherhood. Though Ive still never gotten Completed games for either AC Brotherhood due to there being no multiplayer left on that system. And not to mention AC revelations Vidic stuff. Though I will admit some of the challenges in the multiplayer system for Xbox One is a complete pain in the *** and very difficult unless you have a few friends on there willing to boast you through.

Ureh
07-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Honestly the biggest pain in the Rear for me was getting 100% in AC brotherhood. Though Ive still never gotten Completed games for either AC Brotherhood due to there being no multiplayer left on that system. And not to mention AC revelations Vidic stuff. Though I will admit some of the challenges in the multiplayer system for Xbox One is a complete pain in the *** and very difficult unless you have a few friends on there willing to boast you through.

You mean multiplayer challenges like "activate 3 streaks per game, 75 times", "obtain a 6000 pt scores, 75 times"? Some of those are impossible for a noob like me, so I don't even count them as 100%. :p xD

But if you're referring to those, then I admire your courage.

ShoryukenMan
07-01-2014, 03:48 AM
Wow, some of those challenges seem really hard to do.

Well, that is just redonkulous.

Markaccus
07-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Have NEVER bothered with it. Most of it makes no sense, and really i prefer just to complete the game/side quests and maybe some collections if they give me something good.