PDA

View Full Version : So, any news on AC Comet?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

UKassassinsfan
06-24-2014, 09:28 PM
There was a big thing with leaks and rumours a while ago and people were throwing in ideas! When are we going to get an official announcement? Usually by this point in the year we'd at least have a teaser or even gameplay footage? Is comet still or what? Would someone enlighten me

AherasSTRG
06-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot strengthened the rumors surrounding Comet at the 2nd day of E3 by saying that Assassin's Creed is not quite ready to leave last gen just yet. Of course, there was no Comet announcement in E3, which is a bit odd. Right now, the community still believes that an AC game is being developed for last gen and that Ubisoft avoided to announce it during E3, so that people do not mix the 2 games in their minds and marketing becomes difficult.

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 11:09 PM
WhatIsComet http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

But seriously. It's either a last gen game or last gen DLC akin to Freedom Cry. And it's likely coming this year.

We'll see.

pacmanate
06-24-2014, 11:22 PM
Yves said you will hear about comet in the future. If there is info, you will defo hear it here.

At the moment, they are want the focus on Unity.

LatinaC09
06-24-2014, 11:40 PM
I bet we will hear more once we're closer to the Unity launch. Maybe it will release in January like Liberation HD did.

rprkjj
06-24-2014, 11:55 PM
I still don't know what Rising Phoenix is.

ze_topazio
06-25-2014, 12:06 AM
I still don't know what Rising Phoenix is.

A rumor.

pacmanate
06-25-2014, 12:08 AM
A rumor.

It was also teased in AC4, unless they did it for the lulz

SixKeys
06-25-2014, 12:31 AM
It was also teased in AC4, unless they did it for the lulz

Anything that was teased in AC4 was done for the lulz.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:17 AM
wait when was RP teased in ACIV?

Lonnie_Jackson
06-25-2014, 02:24 AM
http://desmontandoassassinscreed.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/rising-phoenix-assassinc2b4s-creed-logo.jpg
Here you go.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:28 AM
Wat.

And Ubi put that in on purpose as a tease? -_-

Just to mess with people? hnghh

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-25-2014, 02:32 AM
Wat.

And Ubi put that in on purpose as a tease? -_-

Just to mess with people? hnghh

When is Ubi not a tease? >_>

souNdwAve89
06-25-2014, 06:58 AM
It is a tease since Ubisoft likes to throw red herrings to get people talking. Rising Phoenix is fake too unless the artist secretly works for Ubisoft, and likes to troll the fan base.

RinoTheBouncer
06-25-2014, 08:21 AM
Iíve heard some rumors claiming that an announcement is coming soon, perhaps in July or August. But Iím not sure how accurate is that

souNdwAve89
06-25-2014, 08:26 AM
Next convention is Gamescom in August, I believe.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:45 PM
Rising Phoenix sounds too silly a name for Ubi.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-25-2014, 03:18 PM
If they do plan to make a big AC related announcement, I guess Gamescom would be the next big event to do it at... unless theres another event I don't know about that they could announce it at.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 03:38 PM
What and when is gamescom

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-25-2014, 03:44 PM
http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/en/gamescom/home/index.php

who-can-i-be
06-25-2014, 03:49 PM
August?! I hope kotaku leaks a screenshot or two again :/

SHADOWGARVIN
06-25-2014, 03:50 PM
What and when is gamescom

"Gamescom is the largest trade fair and event highlight for interactive games in Cologne".

It's in Germany. It's the European equivalent of E3. It's from 13-17 august 2014, 14-17 august for the public.

Mr_Shade
06-25-2014, 05:01 PM
unless they did it for the lulz
Well, stranger things have happened ;)

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 05:16 PM
August? Das like a whole month away *whiiine*

I want a leak. Even if it's a stupid leak that barely tells anything. :p

Mr_Shade
06-25-2014, 05:18 PM
Just a reminder - any 'rumours' about news being released on a certain date or month - are most likely that.. rumours..

Yeah - I know you will all say 'yeah we know, we are just talking' - however those same people posted being disappointed the last time a fake rumour stated something about E3...

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 05:21 PM
No reveal at gamescom confirmed. :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
06-25-2014, 05:24 PM
wrong

it is 100% confirmed

Mr_Shade
06-25-2014, 05:29 PM
[rolls eyes]

Bit like E3 then.. or Connor in Unity.. you guys make your own minds up and you go for it.. ;)

zkorejo
06-25-2014, 05:40 PM
They didnt announce anything officially. I thought they would announce it at E3 alongside Unity but with more emphasis and spotlight on Unity. Now I am thinking they wont make any announcements until Unity releases.

It kind of is a bad idea to announce two games, one of which is the one you have worked hard on with full force but is only on the next gen, and the other one which will be easily available to everyone and most probably is a spin-off. Ofcourse the majority will decide to buy the ps3/360 version to get their annual AC fix.

With Unity being the only AC game until late 2014, it may encourage more gamers to jump on the next gen and play the true next AC game. Im pretty sure there will be a Comet game though, I doubt Ubi wont capitalize on the huge market with ps360s.

pacmanate
06-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Bit like E3 then.. or Connor in Unity.. you guys make your own minds up and you go for it.. ;)

http://media.giphy.com/media/3i7zenReaUuI0/giphy.gif

souNdwAve89
06-26-2014, 09:00 PM
There is also Tokyo Game Show around September, I believe, but TGS is typically smaller on scale with more of an emphasis on Japanese games with some western games.

poptartz20
06-27-2014, 04:10 AM
ehhh... I have a feeling that we will only see what they want us to see when they are ready. I mean think about Unity, other than knowing the name we really didn't know anything else about it until about 2 weeks ago for E3. They did a great job at keeping things pretty secret this time around.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 04:11 AM
I think they're not confident with Comet.

Or that somehow people will hate it. Either because:

1. It's a low quality game
2. It's a good game that was kicked back to last gen

lose lose situation

I just want some leaks already. Even if it's just a picture of a tricorn hat lol.

Ddrober
06-27-2014, 04:16 AM
I think they're not confident with Comet.

Or that somehow people will hate it. Either because:

1. It's a low quality game
2. It's a good game that was kicked back to last gen

lose lose situation

I just want some leaks already. Even if it's just a picture of a tricorn hat lol.

I think they didn't show it there because they wanted people to focus in on Unity. If they showed Comet, I'm assuming it has the same movement as all the other AC games did, haystacks and all. They didn't want that competing with Assassins Creed Unity. I am kind of thinking they might not even reveal it at any convention, and just maybe make a general announcement. E3 is supposed to be about the OOOOOOs and AAAAAAAAHs, and so they show shiny AC Unity, Far Cry 4, etc to get that. Comet could be a good enough game, but more like new story, but nothing really new as far as game mechanics go. Which would not really work with E3.

Shahkulu101
06-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Comet doesn't exist.

I believe this. I don't care what Yves' said, in fact I think he was just told to say that by PR because they don't want a ****storm. It's been way too long now with nothing.

Maybe I've just lost hope, saying that I wouldn't care about Comet if it wasn't either that Templar naval rumour (setting may not be exciting but playing as a Templar? Camannnnn) or a Connor game.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-27-2014, 04:21 AM
Maybe it's not even called Comet anymore and they're changing the name at the last minute... o_O;;

Ddrober
06-27-2014, 04:22 AM
Comet doesn't exist.

I believe this. I don't care what Yves' said, in fact I think he was just told to say that by PR because they don't want a ****storm. It's been way too long now with nothing.

Maybe I've just lost hope, saying that I wouldn't care if it wasn't either that Templar naval rumour (setting may not be exciting but playing as a Templar? Camannnnn) or a Connor game.

Pretty sure flat out lying about having a game for last gen games rather than just quashing the rumor would cause a much bigger ****storm. Than again sometimes companies don't use any common sense.

Shahkulu101
06-27-2014, 04:27 AM
He didn't explicitly state that a game was coming to last-gen, though. That's why it's not even widely reported. So he could pretty much debunk those claims if they happened.

Rugterwyper32
06-27-2014, 04:31 AM
Comet either doesn't exist or it's a multiplayer focused game for last gen seeing how there's no traditional vs. multiplayer in Unity. That'll probably be the case.
But wait
The C represents Carbon, with combined with 2 molecules of Oxygen forms Carbon Dioxide. You know what else includes oxygen, though? Water. Which is formed of two molecules of Hydrogen and one of Oxygen, H2O. But wait, if you turn the O into a square and cut out the upper and right parts of it, and a bit of the lower, you get L. And it doesn't stop there. If you turn the m 90 degrees clockwise, it looks like... a 3.
HL3et.
Half Life 3 confirmed, and it will include ET as a main character. I've figured it out guys, everyone can go home now and get some sleep I've solved the mystery.

Wolfmeister1010
06-27-2014, 04:39 AM
I kinda want comet to not exist so I can watch the angry last gen plebeians cry and complain while I sip my tea.

Shiggyz49
06-27-2014, 11:35 AM
I kinda want comet to not exist so I can watch the angry last gen plebeians cry and complain while I sip my tea.
And I'll be sitting here in my posh crocodile leather seat, sipping my microbrew out of a genuine 23 carat gold mug, playing Unity on a high end PC with vastly improved graphics and framerate, laughing at the lowly console plebs and their potato boxes.

pacmanate
06-27-2014, 11:47 AM
And I'll be sitting here in my posh crocodile leather seat, sipping my microbrew out of a genuine 23 carat gold mug, playing Unity on a high end PC with vastly improved graphics and framerate, laughing at the lowly console plebs and their potato boxes.

http://media.timeout.com/blogimages/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-17.gif

Also, Comet will probably be announced at Gamescom I think

Mr_Shade
06-27-2014, 11:55 AM

And you can both drop the condescending comments - and don't post back 'I was joking' - since that does not get you a 'get out of jail' card..

Iskandar6681
06-27-2014, 12:25 PM
As much as I liked Assassin's Creed Unity graphics, motion flow, active environment and time period, I can't help but notice that Ubisoft has allocated all their resources to the transition to the new generation consoles but without anything new to the Assassin's Creed mythos. Let me explain my argument.

1st of all, there is no "present time" story. From AC 1 to AC 3 we experience Desmond's story and through him we view Altair's, Ezio's and Connor's achievements throughout history. With AC 4: Black Flag we get a closure to Desmond's story on small bits that were left untold or unexplained at the end of AC 3. On AC Unity, we are AC Initiates training while channeling Arno Dorian to become a real member of the League of Shadows err.. I mean the Order of the Assassins. But nothing on Desmond's team that survived the previous games' events and the struggle with Abstergo Industries / |Entertainment. (Yes I am a lore geek I know)

2nd There is no multiplayer. Not that in the first AC there was one nor that the rest of AC games had a breathtaking multiplayer but all in all, if you want to multiplay, you have to do the Co-Op missions in-game. I only hope there are constant DLC's with new missions to enjoy (justify) playing online.

3rd The fact that Unity has better parkour moves, a stealth/crouch button and allows the player to descend as well as scale a building with better realism does not make up for the loss of the present time story.

I know many people that love the AC franchise as much as I do do not care one bit about the present time story and only care about assassinating targets, scale buildings and "Requiescat in Pace" but the real story lies in present time and all the memories and heroes we loved served a purpose for the present time.
Having said that, I only hope our present time self in Unity is the person from Black Flag. That Abstergo Entertainment employee that did all the hacking, that revealed the truth about Juno's consort (Bartholomew Roberts & present time Abstergo Ent. IT guy) The person that did all the hacking and uncovered the truth about Desmond and how far Abstergo has gone in terms of memory retrieval and recreation.

In any case, I do hope that Comet is coming out to fill the gaps that Unity has in terms of story and I don't care if it's for last gen consoles or for every console and PC. It's for the good of the franchise because as far as Unity goes, if I didn't have a PS4 yet, Unity definitely couldn't sell me a PS4.
I would much prefer to have a new AC game not yet a next gen but with great story inside the memories as much as in real life than Unity.

As a last comment, if Comet is not announced on Gamescom, as much as it pains me and I feel I am betraying the AC universe that I love, I look more forward to Shadow of Mordor than to Unity.

Now I know that I will get flamed to death, I simply stated my opinion. An opinion from a guy that loves Assassin's Creed more than any other game he ever played since the NES era.

Jexx21
06-27-2014, 02:34 PM
you can't judge Unity's modern day until you play it, or at least until we receive real info about it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 03:29 PM
I thought what wolf and shiggy said was funny :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
06-27-2014, 04:57 PM

Enjoy your pretty graphics, we console peasants will keep on enjoying our large collection of varied games.

Aphex_Tim
06-27-2014, 05:02 PM
Let's not start a war here....

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 05:24 PM
Enjoy your pretty graphics, we console peasants will keep on enjoying our large collection of varied games.

lol I don't want to start PC master race thing, because I love my nintendo consoles and like my ps4, but I'm pretty sure PC has more games than all the current and past gen consoles combined. So PC gamers don't have a problem with collection size or varied games.

inb4 "but most of em are bad"

ze_topazio
06-27-2014, 05:29 PM
I meant new games, not talking about retro gaming, most games are made for consoles this days.

pacmanate
06-27-2014, 05:32 PM
PC talk can GTFO, these are the console threads regardless.

Aphex_Tim
06-27-2014, 05:33 PM
Guys! Please! Back on topic?

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 05:33 PM
I meant new games, not talking about retro gaming, most games are made for consoles this days.

ehhh what?

I buy most of my triple A titles on PC.

Only ones im interested that aren't on them are either exclusives or square enix games.

Unless you're talking about optimization or something.

@aphex

alrighty just pointing something out. Ill go back on topic yo.

Reptilis91
06-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Playtest at the headquarters in France during 4 days, you have to be a PS3/360 player and a fan of the franchise. It begins Tuesday.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 06:13 PM
Playtest at the headquarters in France during 4 days, you have to be a PS3/360 player and a fan of the franchise. It begins Tuesday.

wh-wh-wh-wh-what

playtesting for comet?

source?

Reptilis91
06-27-2014, 06:33 PM
https://www.facebook.com/UbiGamesLab

Or https://twitter.com/GamesLabUbi

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 06:34 PM
That link doesn't take me anywhere...

but whatever I'll take any comet rumor/leak I can get.

Reptilis91
06-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah I don't know why a lot of people have this issue... Whatever, the twitter should work.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Oh snap they're LOOKING for players.

I'd kill to be there right now..

Though pretty sure the testers have to sign non-disclosure agreements so I doubt we'll get leaks. *sigh*

edit:

that could be for Unity for all we know though.

Locopells
06-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Probably Unity...,and a NDA is kinda why it's a leak...

Reptilis91
06-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Why inviting PS3/360 players if it's Unity? In this case they should say PS4/ONE players.

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 07:18 PM
oh pffffft I'm an idiot.

Yeah they're playtesting Comet.

Awesome.

Now people can stop saying Comet isn't real.

Locopells
06-27-2014, 07:25 PM
That makes two of us...

Reptilis91
06-27-2014, 07:32 PM
But do you really think they would invite random people to test an unrevealed AC?

JustPlainQuirky
06-27-2014, 07:34 PM
I mean maybe they wanted to test what common fans liked and disliked about the game? Maybe it's more focused on narrative so an average paid playtester wouldn't really know what to say about those problems.

Sesheenku
06-28-2014, 10:02 AM

So you didn't go with the 24 karat mug? Whut nao?

Btw carat has to do with gemstones, karat is for gold.

Your comment doesn't bug me as I'm a PC player but it BEGS for me to make a witty retort so I will.

Your money must be from an inheritance as you're not even educated enough to know the difference between carat and karat.

Shiggyz49
06-28-2014, 08:38 PM
So you didn't go with the 24 karat mug? Whut nao?

Btw carat has to do with gemstones, karat is for gold.

Your comment doesn't bug me as I'm a PC player but it BEGS for me to make a witty retort so I will.

Your money must be from an inheritance as you're not even educated enough to know the difference between carat and karat.

car∑at
ˈkarət/Submit
noun
noun: carat; plural noun: carats
a unit of weight for precious stones and pearls, now equivalent to 200 milligrams.
"a half-carat diamond ring"
chiefly British spelling of karat.

Silly Americans and their terrible educations.

cawatrooper9
06-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I was one of the playertesters...

I don't want to give away any of the confidential info that Ubisoft made me sign to secrecy, but let's just say... Ezio confirmed for Comet.

trolololololo

Sushiglutton
06-28-2014, 09:05 PM
I was one of the playertesters...

I don't want to give away any of the confidential info that Ubisoft made me sign to secrecy, but let's just say... Ezio confirmed for Comet.

trolololololo

Are you sure it wasn't Connor cosplaying as Ezio :confused:

STDlyMcStudpants
06-29-2014, 04:21 AM
But do you really think they would invite random people to test an unrevealed AC?

I don't see why not...
I was a random tester for Battlefield 4 a couple months before last e3 lol
You're not going to get pure feedback from employees or super fans

Layytez
06-29-2014, 04:57 AM
I completely forgot about Comet. They are really dragging this one out, just announce it already.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 04:59 AM
Maybe theyre waiting to announce it because they dont want an inevitable "two games this year? you're really milking the franchise now!" accusation

as much as i am indifferent to it

TechnoBacon2012
06-29-2014, 07:36 AM

Well Atleast us Console gamers don't have to change PC parts every other month ;)

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 07:38 AM
Every other 4-7 years you mean depending on your hardware

Jexx21
06-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Well Atleast us Console gamers don't have to change PC parts every other month ;)

worse: you don't have the option to.
or to change the operating system

consoles: templar machines
PCs: supported by assassins

DA SHIZZLE IG
06-29-2014, 10:04 AM
Comet is just another add-on to AC4.

Will_Lucky
06-29-2014, 01:27 PM
Every other 4-7 years you mean depending on your hardware

Depends, can be less. A lot of people who bought hardware in the last three years are in for a shock over the next 12 months.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 03:32 PM
You referring to the reveal of new Direct X and OS coming soon?

Shiggyz49
06-29-2014, 10:32 PM
PC gamers don't need to change PC parts every month. I built my PC 3 years ago and I haven't had to upgrade it yet, and it's still a more powerful machine than the X1 or PS4.

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 10:42 PM
PC gamers don't need to change PC parts every month. I built my PC 3 years ago and I haven't had to upgrade it yet, and it's still a more powerful machine than the X1 or PS4.

GO BACK TO THE PC FORUM, CRETIN!

I'm kidding--actually tell me more. I'm weighing a gaming PC versus a PS4 currently, largely because though I prefer consoles, all my friends PC game. And I would dearly like to have group shanking sessions.

Side note: Every time this thread moves to the top of the list, I have a brief moment of hope.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 10:47 PM
@grey

If you can afford a high end PC or can build a good custom one, go for PC gaming all the way. You save more money in the long-run.If you cant chalk up enough cash to afford a high end one, you'll likely end up with a PC that stutters significantly and impacts your enjoyment of a game. The cheaper games, free online, generally better graphical performance, bonus web browsing experience and mod capabilities are all pros. Cons include chance of poor optimization, high initial cost, and of course chance of getting a virus. Ps4 you have a guaranteed working game, ability to trade/return said game, no fear of virus, and a much less expensive initial price tag. Cons would be paying for online multiplayer, generally more expensive games, and lower graphical performance.

Shahkulu101
06-29-2014, 10:49 PM
Use a controller and you'll be golden with a PC - provided you maintain the hardware quality above the current consoles.

I own both a PC and a PS4 but my GPU is okayish - about on par with consoles atm...

Wolfmeister1010
06-29-2014, 10:51 PM
When PC gamers say that their games framerate stutters all the time I just hate hate hate haha.

"Dammit! My framerate is so low! It got down to like 48 at one point!!"

HOW DO YOU THINK US CONSOLE USERS FEEL

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the advice folks...

I think I'm reasonably well appraised of usage pros and cons. My biggest question at this point is financial. A friend of mine built his rig fairly cheaply, but he has much more computer savvy than I do, and so was able to cherry pick the parts he wanted for cheap over a period of months, and then assemble it at home. I've generally seen that as the cheapest option, but I don't have the know-how.

That not being an option for me, it doesn't seem possible to avoid paying insane sums for a machine that will hold up over enough time to outdo a console.

The other (totally extraneous) factor is that if I go the route of a console, the money I save buys me a new mandolin. And mandolins are a sexy factor.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Thanks for all the advice folks...

I think I'm reasonably well appraised of usage pros and cons. My biggest question at this point is financial. A friend of mine built his rig fairly cheaply, but he has much more computer savvy than I do, and so was able to cherry pick the parts he wanted for cheap over a period of months, and then assemble it at home. I've generally seen that as the cheapest option, but I don't have the know-how. That not being an option for a me, is it possible to get a rig for $800 or less that will hold up over enough time to outdo a console?

The other (totally extraneous) factor is that if I go the route of a console, the money I save buys me a new mandolin. And mandolins are a sexy factor.

well im saving up 1,000 or so for a custom PC.

I'm no expert, but I reckon there's a good build out there for 800 bucks. Enough to out-perform current gen anyway. Even so, a good thing about building your PC is that it's all upgradable. So you can upgrade it again later.

I forgot about that pro and con. Ps4 isnt backwards compatible nor is it upgradable. PCs generally are.

Shahkulu101
06-29-2014, 11:09 PM
Useful for buying PC parts: http://www.logicalincrements.com

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 11:18 PM
I'm starting to think the AC: Comet leak regarding Shay, Ade, and Haytham is fake. I say this because the same person who said that also said that AC: Unity's title referenced the unification of templars and assassins when in reality it referenced 4 player co-op as specified by the developers. http://www.gameblog.fr/chronique_706_assassin-s-creed-comet-sur-ps3-et-xbox-360-nos-infos-black-f/page3

Someone feel free to correct me if im wrong.

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Useful for buying PC parts: http://www.logicalincrements.com

Thanks, Shahkulu...I hadn't found that website in my research. Definitely a useful index for someone like me trying to get a better feel for costs and performance.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-29-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm starting to think the AC: Comet leak regarding Shay, Ade, and Haytham is fake. I say this because the same person who said that also said that AC: Unity's title referenced the unification of templars and assassins when in reality it referenced 4 player co-op as specified by the developers. http://www.gameblog.fr/chronique_706_assassin-s-creed-comet-sur-ps3-et-xbox-360-nos-infos-black-f/page3

Yeah, I never really believed that Shay thing either. I also heard that it's an extension of Black Flag/naval of AC3 but I'm starting to have my doubts..

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 11:35 PM
I will be surely disappointed if it is fake.

It fulfils 2 of my wants. Templar game & includes Haytham.

All it would need is good plot progression in the juno saga and I'd be 100% satisfied.

I suspect that would be the case. Saving the unpopular modern day for last gen I mean.

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 11:38 PM
I say this because the same person who said that also said that AC: Unity's title referenced the unification of templars and assassins when in reality it referenced 4 player co-op as specified by the developers.

I was under the (perhaps erroneous) impression that that was the original Unity leak, which would lend credibility even if not every detail was accurate. Could be mistaken though.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Eh I guess.

But still. Hngh...

I was really hoping the leak to be legit...

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 12:32 AM
you do realize that if Unity does refer to the unification of Assassins and Templars that they wouldn't tell us about it since that would probably be a major plot point that they wouldn't want to spoil?

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Welllllll.....

Amancio has actually stated that the title refers to the relationship of the A's & T's in MD.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 12:36 AM
which is weird because isn't the modern day all menus and interface?

unless they're lying to us.

GreySkellig
06-30-2014, 12:41 AM
So many questions, so ludicrously little information.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 12:57 AM
@shahk

Source please.

How the heck would there be plot progression like that in Modern day and just a MD interface...Unless there's gonna be voice chat on the interface or something

Which would be lame because you're essentially missing out

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 01:24 AM
mayrice I told you that when you were complaining about Unity not referring to templars and assassins unifying

I told you that amancio said that unity also referred to the modern day and you even responded.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 01:26 AM
yeah I know.

I still can't comprehend how that would work is what I'm saying.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 01:28 AM
well it could work like this: they're hiding the real modern day

I mean, if they're trying to go back to the roots of AC1, where they never spoke about the modern day before it was revealed...

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 01:38 AM
They already said we are the protagonist and we'll start off piloting the animus and we'd be contacted later by Assassins.

I really think it'll be like liberation where instead of Eurodito speaking it's Assassins and we just have the interface.

I mean, is there any other way to interpret that?

Legendz54
06-30-2014, 01:46 AM
What is Comet?? Baby dont hurt me... dont hurt me... no more...

I-Like-Pie45
06-30-2014, 01:49 AM
Look to the stars!

ShoryukenMan
06-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Yeah, that reminds me, actually. What was the clue in Freedom Cry that pointed to Paris?

The whole "look to the stars" thing was probably referring to Comet. Maybe...

I've never played Freedom Cry, though, but I remember everyone saying there were clues that pointed to China.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Darby said a while ago Look at the Stars was just a phrase which means "wait and see"

rickprog
06-30-2014, 02:39 AM
I'm quite sure that Unity isn't a reference to an Assassin-Templar union but to the Assassin-Initiates union. In case people are not aware, the modern day Assassins have offered the Initiates (composed by every single person who plays AC) to join their cause in order to defeat the Templars (and most likely to fight Juno as well). Well, it's not that much of an offering, more like an announcement. Since it has been pointed out that we'll be playing as ourselves once again, yet not as an Abstergo employee, and that the Assassin's will contact us at one point for us to research the French Revolution period, I believe it's pretty obvious we'll be an Initiate agent on the game. We'll see, though.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 02:45 AM
What the frick is an initiate.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 03:55 AM
I'm quite sure that Unity isn't a reference to an Assassin-Templar union but to the Assassin-Initiates union. In case people are not aware, the modern day Assassins have offered the Initiates (composed by every single person who plays AC) to join their cause in order to defeat the Templars (and most likely to fight Juno as well). Well, it's not that much of an offering, more like an announcement. Since it has been pointed out that we'll be playing as ourselves once again, yet not as an Abstergo employee, and that the Assassin's will contact us at one point for us to research the French Revolution period, I believe it's pretty obvious we'll be an Initiate agent on the game. We'll see, though.

if you think about it the modern day Assassins aren't even giving us an option which is sort of Templar-ish of them :P

RatonhnhakeFan
06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
They will probably reveal it at Gamescom :(

Hans684
06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
What the frick is an initiate.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Initiates

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Is that why people call themselves initiates? Because they use a website where they pretend to be a hacker?

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I don't want to judge base on faulty information but...

Talk about dedicated roleplaying. I find it rather silly, really. I don't mean using the site, but calling yourself an initiate like it's a real thing and there's a real predicament is super weird to me. I mean if people are just joking around I guess it's fine. Still odd I see people roleplaying like that...

Hans684
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM
Is that why people call themselves initiates? Because they use a website where they pretend to be a hacker?

Looks like it, they could have pulled a W_D and let us play a hacker instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong though. I don't want to judge base on faulty information but...

Talk about dedicated roleplaying. I find it rather silly, really. I don't mean using the site, but calling yourself an initiate like it's a real thing and there's a real predicament is super weird to me. I mean if people are just joking around I guess it's fine. Still odd I see people roleplaying like that...

It's just "us" as protagonist. We are the protagonist now and it seems like Initiates is part of it.

Mr_Shade
06-30-2014, 04:08 PM

Members there get exclusive content, information etc and being an AC initiate - is a 'thing' - since you're a initiate member finding out all sorts of things about the creed ;)

However I can see that may confuse people - however it's nothing 'new' and has been going for a fair old while..

I'm sure you will understand it soon - when it relaunches - should you take part in it ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
06-30-2014, 04:11 PM

Talk about dedicated roleplaying. I find it rather silly, really. I don't mean using the site, but calling yourself an initiate like it's a real thing and there's a real predicament is super weird to me. I mean if people are just joking around I guess it's fine. Still odd I see people roleplaying like that...Cool. Other people don't find it silly. It affects you not at all.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 04:14 PM
no one is actually calling themselves Initiates >.>

that's just who we're supposed to "be"

Mr_Shade
06-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Well Esco does - but he's allowed ;)

Hans684
06-30-2014, 04:15 PM

Then I'm Batman, it's what I was supposed to be.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 04:17 PM
@hans

hnnn i see

@raton

i know just giving my thoughts

@shade

i went on the site once but it was really confusing for me. maybe ill try again some other time

@jexx

nah i've seen some people get really into it. not on the forums tho

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 04:21 PM
no that's shobhit

you're Hans, Bmark's twin brother.

Hans684
06-30-2014, 04:27 PM
no that's shobhit

you're Hans, Bmark's twin brother.

Sorry bad memory.

I'm Hannibal, Bmark't twin brother.

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:04 PM

I'm with you on that one! I never believed that Shay rumor, nor the fact that we'll be visiting New York via naval combat etc. What about that other rumor though....the one that AC Comet will be set in ancient Rome and we'll be seeing Julius Cesar? Now THAT is very promising to me indeed! Also, if it's true, it shakes the foundation of the entire Assassin's Creed mythos that the Assassins and the Templars first appeared during the Crusades! Truly intriguing. And the leaked image of the ancient Roman assassin is nice as well!

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/assassins-creed-comet-concept-art-leaked.png :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:07 PM
That leaked image was proven fake a while ago. Was a rip from some other game. Unless you're joking around.

I dunno if they'd waste resources on a Rome game for last gen. Then again the Rome in AC2 (or was it ACB I can't remember) wasnt too different. And probably could be fixed up to the ancient version fairly quickly

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:12 PM
That leaked image was proven fake a while ago. Was a rip from some other game. Unless you're joking around.

I dunno if they'd waste resources on a Rome game for last gen. Then again the Rome in AC2 (or was it ACB I can't remember) wasnt too different. And probably could be fixed up to the ancient version fairly quickly

I wasn't aware of the fact that this image was debunked and mythbusted.... thanks for sharing that information with me :) Too bad though because I will have to disagree with you on the Roman setting being similar to AC Brotherhood's Rome. It's ancient vs Renaissance Rome. The one has gladiators and ancient soldiers that expanded an empire as big as Alexander the Great and the other is the Borgia Rome, the Da Vinci and Machiavelli Rome. You can't compare the two bro... it's like comparing ancient Athens to the Turkish occupation Athens.. or AC Unity Paris to today's Paris :)

In any case, I hope we hear some news about Comet fairly quickly since some playtest thing is scheduled soon...

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:16 PM
I meant modeling the land of rome wouldnt take as long because they already have a general base to work with

UniteUnderPower
06-30-2014, 05:18 PM

Lol. How do you not remember Rome being the only city in ACB?

I wasn't aware of the fact that this image was debunked and mythbusted.... thanks for sharing that information with me :) Too bad though because I will have to disagree with you on the Roman setting being similar to AC Brotherhood's Rome. It's ancient vs Renaissance Rome. The one has gladiators and ancient soldiers that expanded an empire as big as Alexander the Great and the other is the Borgia Rome, the Da Vinci and Machiavelli Rome. You can't compare the two bro... it's like comparing ancient Athens to the Turkish occupation Athens.. or AC Unity Paris to today's Paris :)

In any case, I hope we hear some news about Comet fairly quickly since some playtest thing is scheduled soon...

If they (hopefully) go the AC3 route, we could be hearing about it this Friday(July 4th).

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:19 PM
@united

I played AC:2, AC:B, and AC:R almost immediatley after each other so the games blur together for me sometimes

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:21 PM
+1 on what you said. Agreed on the remodeling part. I'm still saddened that you mythbusted that image I posted as a fake :( This could have been the last AC game that didn't just rely on stealth (that could be the connection to AC4) I was so hyped to be able to fight in the arena with other gladiators and to see how was the Assassins Order back in those times. Although, such a setting I would much more proffered it on PS4 instead of PS3 but it's a setting that can use PS3's capabilities to the max as a last and great goodbye to previous gen consoles from Assassin's Creed.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-30-2014, 05:22 PM

If they (hopefully) go the AC3 route, we could be hearing about it this Friday(July 4th).

May I ask why you are so confident about that? lol :p

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:22 PM
@isk

Welcome to the forums BTW :o

I'm sure we'll see an ancient rome game in the future tho.

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:23 PM

And if they aren't taking the AC3 route? If Comet has no connection to AC3 or AC4? We won't be hearing anything about it this Friday? :P

I assume you mention this Friday as the playtest will be ongoing/ending right?

UniteUnderPower
06-30-2014, 05:25 PM
May I ask why you are so confident about that? lol :p

Not confident; Just hopeful. If the America rumors are true, it isn't that hard to believe.

And if they aren't taking the AC3 route? If Comet has no connection to AC3 or AC4? We won't be hearing anything about it this Friday? :P

I assume you mention this Friday as the playtest will be ongoing/ending right?

What play test?

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:30 PM
@isk

Welcome to the forums BTW :o

I'm sure we'll see an ancient rome game in the future tho.

Thank you my friend! It's nice ot be here :) I was reading the forums for a long time it's just that I recently decided to be an active member and engage in constructive conversations :)

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm with you on that one! I never believed that Shay rumor, nor the fact that we'll be visiting New York via naval combat etc. What about that other rumor though....the one that AC Comet will be set in ancient Rome and we'll be seeing Julius Cesar? Now THAT is very promising to me indeed! Also, if it's true, it shakes the foundation of the entire Assassin's Creed mythos that the Assassins and the Templars first appeared during the Crusades! Truly intriguing. And the leaked image of the ancient Roman assassin is nice as well!

http://cdn.segmentnext.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/assassins-creed-comet-concept-art-leaked.png :rolleyes:

It wouldn't shake it though, we already clearly know that there where Assassins before the crusades, Ezio gets the armour of one in ACB, and those statues that you use to unlock Altairs armour are of Assassins before Altair. (I think not sure about the last part.)

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:34 PM
@isk

We have a lot of lurkers in the forums I've noticed. Not just developers or spam bots.

But hey I was a lurker too once.

Hope you have a good time here :cool:

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Not confident; Just hopeful. If the America rumors are true, it isn't that hard to believe.

AH so true... I didn't think of the 4th of July the US national holiday... ofc if it Comet is set in the US it is only logical to announce *something* on that day to build hype!

What play test?

The playtest that Ubisoft Game Labs in Paris announced via Facebook & Twitter I think... it was nention in this thread a couple of pages back. They wanted people that used PS3 and XBOX 360 for an Assissn's Creed playtest that would begin around tomorrow and end around Friday I believe...

UniteUnderPower
06-30-2014, 05:39 PM
AH so true... I didn't think of the 4th of July the US national holiday... ofc if it Comet is set in the US it is only logical to announce *something* on that day to build hype!

The playtest that Ubisoft Game Labs in Paris announced via Facebook & Twitter I think... it was nention in this thread a couple of pages back. They wanted people that used PS3 and XBOX 360 for an Assissn's Creed playtest that would begin around tomorrow and end around Friday I believe...

Really? What are they play testing? A new game? Or Unity?

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:40 PM
It wouldn't shake it though, we already clearly know that there where Assassins before the crusades, Ezio gets the armour of one in ACB, and those statues that you use to unlock Altairs armour are of Assassins before Altair. (I think not sure about the last part.)

Yeah it's true. Ezio recovers the armor of Brutus (Ancient Rome) and also the statues in Monteriggioni were older than Altair and Masyaf. So you're right and I stand corrected :)

@isk

We have a lot of lurkers in the forums I've noticed. Not just developers or spam bots.

But hey I was a lurker too once.

Hope you have a good time here

Thank you brother you all are the best bunch I saw on a gaming forums for a very long time! Minimal to no flaming, good comprehension and quality dialogue and arguments :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:43 PM
Thank you brother you all are the best bunch I saw on a gaming forums for a very long time! Minimal to no flaming, good comprehension and quality dialogue and arguments :)

Pffft You should visit the Connor debate threads. :rolleyes:

And it's sister. :cool:

Iskandar6681
06-30-2014, 05:45 PM
Really? What are they play testing? A new game? Or Unity?

No one really knows what they are playtesting (or will be playtesting). Only thing we know is that it shouldn't have anything to do with Unity since they are looking for PS3/XBOX360 users that aged from 18 to 35 years old I think and that it's an Assassin's Creed entry. Also from what I saw on Facebook, the announcement was for France only (French people living in the vicinity of Paris) and that the spots were filled fairly quickly as some people have reported that they received an email saying that the playtest is now full.

Also, the announcement was in french only.

https://www.facebook.com/UbiGamesLab

Or https://twitter.com/GamesLabUbi
https://twitter.com/GamesLabUbi/status/482442138790412288

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:45 PM
tbh even the Conor debate threads have nothing on other forums. cough Bioware

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 05:48 PM
Yeah this forum is surprisingly tame.

But like I said I blame it on ties to our uplay accounts and lack of a reputation system.

And most AC fans who are passionate are usually in at least their late teens. so more chances of maturity.

i know nothing of bioware tho so I wouldnt know

steveeire
06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Its a fun forum to be on, specially when they release a game, you should have seen it when people started finishing ME3. Fun times.

wvstolzing
06-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Yeah it's true. Ezio recovers the armor of Brutus (Ancient Rome) and also the statues in Monteriggioni were older than Altair and Masyaf. So you're right and I stand corrected :)

In the comics the Roman 'assassins' call themselves 'Liberalis Circulum', which stands for 'Society (circle) of the Free'. Not sure if that's idiomatic Latin usage, though.

wvstolzing
06-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Its a fun forum to be on, specially when they release a game, you should have seen it when people started finishing ME3. Fun times.

Were you there? I was the one who posted the Shakespeare parodies (adapted to the ME3 ending debacle).

Oh boy... this brings back memories. How about M. Shields?

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah this forum is surprisingly tame.

But like I said I blame it on ties to our uplay accounts and lack of a reputation system.

And most AC fans who are passionate are usually in at least their late teens. so more chances of maturity.

i know nothing of bioware tho so I wouldnt know

There is a reputation system... of sorts, yet it is your own judgement.

My rep system is based on how long I've know people on here and how many posts they have. For example:

LightRey - M - Rooster - Mario - FelixVivo - HisSpiritLives - JCearlyyears - LadyLeonHart - Shahkulu - SilverMercy

Are all people that have been around for ages for me, have been regulars in past and present and that I hold in high regard

And no that is not a full list of people I love :p it would be too big otherwise so I hope no one gets sad :p

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:38 PM
lol well yeah I was referring to an actual reputation system with points. :p

where has SilverMercy been BTW?

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 06:57 PM
lol well yeah I was referring to an actual reputation system with points. :p

where has SilverMercy been BTW?

I think she moves around a bit cause of her education.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Ah I see.

Glad she's focusing on her education, then. :o

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
It's her job I think.

Back OT - I'd die if Comet was a Connor/Aveline co-op game, and if it isn't they should make one anyway. :o

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Connor/Aveline Co-op game would be amaaaaaaazing. :o

but like I said only if Ubi doesnt make them a couple.

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 07:11 PM
They were going to in AC3, but decided they were too different. So I doubt they would go back on that.

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 07:12 PM
http://thecarnivoreproject.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8345295c269e201a5116584a7970c-800wi

Aveline + Gerald = meant to be
Connor + right hand = also meant to be

Assassin_M
06-30-2014, 07:15 PM
There is a reputation system... of sorts, yet it is your own judgement.

My rep system is based on how long I've know people on here and how many posts they have. For example:

LightRey - M - Rooster - Mario - FelixVivo - HisSpiritLives - JCearlyyears - LadyLeonHart - Shahkulu - SilverMercy

Are all people that have been around for ages for me, have been regulars in past and present and that I hold in high regard

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131112233602/glee/images/c/cc/Will_crying_sectionals.gif

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 07:19 PM
A few of the people he mentioned NEVER come anymore.

Light Rey, Felix, whoever Jcleary is, lady Leon hart (wonder what happened to her?)...

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 07:25 PM
also he missed me

but he probably doesn't like me and I'm okay with that.

Assassin_M
06-30-2014, 07:30 PM
also he missed me

but he probably doesn't like me and I'm okay with that.
he also said that there're others he liked that he didn't mention, you still have a chance, Mark

Locopells
06-30-2014, 07:31 PM
Wonder what happened to Frogger as well,l since we're on the subject...

Assassin_M
06-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Wonder what happened to Frogger as well.
and notafanboy, remember him?

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Meanwhile I've only been here like 4 months

Shahkulu101
06-30-2014, 07:35 PM
Perhaps they...got lives?

No, I cannot comprehend it.

Locopells
06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Meanwhile I've only been here like 4 months

Heck, it seems longer...

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 07:36 PM
Lives? Speak sense templar, or not at all!

@loco

Prolly cuz of the Unity announcement. It feels so long until we get more info. Especially on comet.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
he also said that there're others he liked that he didn't mention, you still have a chance, Mark
my name is Josh
or Momo..
or jexx..

I dunno

Assassin_M
06-30-2014, 07:37 PM
Perhaps they...got lives?

No, I cannot comprehend it.
http://media.giphy.com/media/xyCvCLZZlcnU4/giphy.gif
don't speak ever again

my name is Josh
or Momo..
or jexx..

I dunno
That's what I said, Mark Josh

pacmanate
06-30-2014, 07:41 PM
A few of the people he mentioned NEVER come anymore.

Light Rey, Felix, whoever Jcleary is, lady Leon hart (wonder what happened to her?)...

*facepalm*

LightRey probably has a life now, Felix I have on Facebook, she's pretty really fun to talk to about games and life, Jcleary is oldish, Lady... god knows.

Are all people that have been around for ages for me, have been regulars in past and present

ShoryukenMan
06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Darby said a while ago Look at the Stars was just a phrase which means "wait and see"

What? Pffft.... AHAHAHAHA!!

Wow, what a bull crap answer from him. Sheesh. I was under the impression that someone else said that, but I guess it was Darby, huh?

I don't think I've ever heard anyone say "look to the stars" and meant "wait and see."

Oh, well, thanks for info. But that still begs the question of what clue was in Freedom Cry that pointed to Paris?

ze_topazio
06-30-2014, 11:30 PM
Oh, well, thanks for info. But that still begs the question of what clue was in Freedom Cry that pointed to Paris?

The story took place in a French colony.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 01:23 AM
no news on comet but there is a new iOS game coming:

Assassin's Creed Memories

http://cdn.toucharcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Bq5vZ4iCcAEe3Cz-300x533.jpg

http://toucharcade.com/2014/06/30/assassins-creed-memories-spotted-on-uplay/

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Great. Now I can defeat templars in card games.

I hope I can send them to the shadow realm

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
AC already has a card game

it was called Assassin's Creed Recollection

Locopells
07-01-2014, 01:26 AM
And it's no longer available. I'm guessing this is it's replacement.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 01:27 AM
So many useless AC iOS games...

do people actually play them?

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-01-2014, 01:40 AM
Not everyone has an iOS system. Release Comet Ubi!! >_>;;

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 01:41 AM
i just wanna know what the setting and characters are

I don't buy that Shay thing

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 01:45 AM
Same here.

I doubt Ubi would waste resources making a whole new lanscape of a super cool new era for a last gen console tho.

So Ancient Rome or the Atlantic theory isn't too far fetched IMO

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 01:49 AM
eh, Revelations was made in 10 months and despite the lack of side content, it had a fairly detailed world.

I expect Comet to have a dev time of at least 2 years.

In the AC4 Hype stage Yves said they had 3 AC games in development. I'm guessing those were Black Flag, Unity, and Comet.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 01:59 AM
Im guessing Liberation HD didnt count then? hm

Honestly I dont know why I speculate. I'm going to buy the game regardless because I've become a franchise ho

I really like how the AC universe is expanding every year. It's like my love for the Narutoverse. But instead of a new chapter every week its a 20 hour narrative story every year. Its nice.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-01-2014, 02:01 AM
Same here.

I doubt Ubi would waste resources making a whole new lanscape of a super cool new era for a last gen console tho.

So Ancient Rome or the Atlantic theory isn't too far fetched IMOBut Shay thing is from the same Atlantic rumor (which also included New York = cop+y+paste job from AC3).

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 02:08 AM
eh if that Shay thing is true, New York probably won't be a direct copy paste. They'd probably make the landmarks more 1:1 so they'd be taller (unless they were already 1:1)

I'll get it no matter what as well, but like ACR I might end up getting it on sale later on. AC3 and AC4 are the only AC games I bought at release w/o a discount, and tbh I'm going to end up buying both again so I have the Sony exclusive stuff as well as them being tied to my Steam account.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 02:16 AM
@raton

yes i know. I was saying the shay rumor isnt too far fetched. sorry i wasnt very clear.

@jexx

i think ill buy them at release now that im so invested and want to avoid having my initial impressions of the game influenced by others.

Heck, I might buy Unity twice. Even though I dont like paying for playstation plus, I have some new friends here I REALLY want to play online with. And I might be able to chalk up the extra cash to get it and the ps4 version of unity in addition to the pc version.

The reason im so stingy about the sub fees though is because I'm one of those people who'd be lucky to earn 20 bucks. So coughing up 60 a year for online access kinda rustles my jimmies. (yeah I just mentioned the job thing but thats like a first time ever for me)

so im glad I converted to PC. I think i'll save tons of money in the long run from sales. but Im willing to pay a large sum for AC since I love it so much :o.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 02:20 AM
actually I might end up getting Comet at release and waiting to get Unity when I have a PC that can run it..

Unless it can run on my system. I'll have to test it first though.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 02:23 AM
thats an annoying thing about PCs

Even if it's high end, if a game is poorly optimized you're screwed.

I dont even understand how PC games by Ubi are poorly optimized so much sometimes. Like you made the game on a PC. Is it really that hard?

#inbeforeigetschooledabouttheintricaciesofcodingan dlooklikeafoolformyignorance

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 02:26 AM
I actually don't really care about optimization "issues" as long as the game around 24 FPS or higher.

Wolfmeister1010
07-01-2014, 02:31 AM
When people say "pc optimization", do they refer to:

1. How well the game uses the possible graphic capabilities on pc to their fullest potential?

2. How low the required specs are for high settings in comparison to the graphic fidelity of the game? (People say watch dogs should not require as much amazing hardware as it calls for ultra for it to work on ultra)

3. How stable the framerate is?

Or all 3? Or 2 of the 3?

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 02:36 AM
I only really hear about it in regards to how high of a framerate it has, and yes, how stable it is, but #2 would probably work as well.

RatonhnhakeFan
07-01-2014, 02:42 AM
When people say "pc optimization", do they refer to:

1. How well the game uses the possible graphic capabilities on pc to their fullest potential?

2. How low the required specs are for high settings in comparison to the graphic fidelity of the game? (People say watch dogs should not require as much amazing hardware as it calls for ultra for it to work on ultra)

3. How stable the framerate is?

Or all 3? Or 2 of the 3?Basically all of that. Well optimied game will run well on fairly high details even on rather old systems. Crap PC optimization gives you a slideshow on $5000 deskopts

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 02:50 AM
then I guess no games actually have "crap" optimization then.

ShoryukenMan
07-01-2014, 03:33 AM
The story took place in a French colony.

Thanks. Never played it, so I had no idea.

All I know is, this is the perfect opportunity to give Connor his sequel. People that hate Connor can just get Unity. And people that love him can get Comet. If this isn't Connor's game, than I'm afraid to say, it's never going to happen. *sigh*

@Mayrice. Ubisoft has poorly optimized PC games, because they don't like the PC pirate race. So they throw together a lazy port so more people will be inclined to buy it on console.

/conspiracy theory.

JustPlainQuirky
07-01-2014, 04:08 AM
I always thought it was just due to laziness

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 04:18 AM
game devs aren't lazy... ever.

they may need to priority certain things over other things though and optimizing the PC version may not be a high priority

dxsxhxcx
07-01-2014, 04:36 AM
Thanks. Never played it, so I had no idea.

All I know is, this is the perfect opportunity to give Connor his sequel. People that hate Connor can just get Unity. And people that love him can get Comet. If this isn't Connor's game, than I'm afraid to say, it's never going to happen. *sigh*

@Mayrice. Ubisoft has poorly optimized PC games, because they don't like the PC pirate race. So they throw together a lazy port so more people will be inclined to buy it on console.

/conspiracy theory.

the only people they harm with this practice are the legit users who lost something when they paid for a bad product, pirates couldn't care less if the game is well optimized or not, they don't have nothing to lose...

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 05:17 AM
but pirates are still going to complain about the optimization...

pacmanate
07-01-2014, 01:05 PM
but pirates are still going to complain about the optimization...

yolo

wvstolzing
07-01-2014, 01:14 PM
One huge advantage of console gaming: You don't have to boot into Windows.

(Yeah, the Linux catalogue is picking up; but I'm not holding my breath for the likes of Ubisoft or Rockstar. Still; Firaxis just released Civ 5 and XCom on Linux, which is extremely encouraging.)

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 06:57 PM
one huge advantage of PC gaming: console OS and their UI are pretty damn crappy

Windows is far better.

wvstolzing
07-01-2014, 07:12 PM
one huge advantage of PC gaming: console OS and their UI are pretty damn crappy

I don't know about the xbox, but the ps4 is based on FreeBSD. The UI is a different story; I agree that they all suck.

Jexx21
07-01-2014, 07:17 PM
i was mostly referring to the UI.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 07:48 AM
If Comet has anything to do with Connor, today would be the day to reveal it, Ubi. :rolleyes:

#happyfourthofjuly

Layytez
07-04-2014, 07:51 AM
Is it bad that I keep forgetting about this ?

Jexx21
07-04-2014, 07:58 AM
there are comets in XCOM

AC Comet will involve an alien invasion

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 08:07 AM
A simple sneak peek screenshot....all I need....

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5ooh7WuPL1rxk0pjo1_250.gif

joelsantos24
07-04-2014, 02:24 PM
Ubisoft CEO, Yves Guillemot strengthened the rumors surrounding Comet at the 2nd day of E3 by saying that Assassin's Creed is not quite ready to leave last gen just yet. Of course, there was no Comet announcement in E3, which is a bit odd. Right now, the community still believes that an AC game is being developed for last gen and that Ubisoft avoided to announce it during E3, so that people do not mix the 2 games in their minds and marketing becomes difficult.

As reasonal and logic as it may sound, it still doesn't justify not giving the fans any word on the development of the PS3 installment (if there is going to be one, in the first place). I still don't know what Comet (or whatever the title may be) represents in the whole scheme of the series. I mean, is it Assassin's 4.5, that is, a Black Flag subchapter as Brotherhood and Revelations were subchapters to Assassin's 2? Or is it going to be simply a sort of prequel to Unity? Furthermore, I don't even know if a conventional game is going to come out, since there are countless interpretations to "(...) Assassin's Creed is not quite ready to leave last gen just yet". At least a statement was in order, at E3, but unfortunately, this sort of behavior does not surprise the least, in what regards Ubisoft.

steveeire
07-04-2014, 02:28 PM
imagine it is a mobile game.

joelsantos24
07-04-2014, 02:36 PM
imagine it is a mobile game.

God forbid.

NondairyGold
07-04-2014, 02:41 PM
Will this be last-gen only, or will it be available for all platforms. For obvious reasons Unity is current-gen only, but there's no reason why they couldn't make this a cross-gen title. Is there?

joelsantos24
07-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Will this be last-gen only, or will it be available for all platforms. For obvious reasons Unity is current-gen only, but there's no reason why they couldn't make this a cross-gen title. Is there?

Well, apparently there is. Check this out (http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-t-1552929846).

If they're two different games, then Ubisoft is scr***** us fans again, because we'll have to keep two different consoles. Honestly, I didn't plan on buying my PS4 in a very near future, I was gonna wait until they optimized it even further, particularly in terms of size and weight (not to mention a price decrease). But I'm currently reconsidering my options, and I just might buy it this Autumn.

Landruner
07-04-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, apparently there is. Check this out (http://kotaku.com/sources-assassins-creed-comet-will-let-you-play-as-a-t-1552929846).

If they're two different games, then Ubisoft is scr***** us fans again, because we'll have to keep two different consoles. Honestly, I didn't plan on buying my PS4 in a very near future, I was gonna wait until they optimized it even further, particularly in terms of size and weight (not to mention a price decrease). But I'm currently reconsidering my options, and I just might buy it this Autumn.

The news regarding AC Comet in Kotaku is 3 months old and it is probably the last news we had before they went silent on the subject - I suspect and speculate that the AC Comet will probably come into a digital form for streaming library since Sony and Microsoft are beta testing (for Sony by the end of this July 2014 month) new emulator for PS4 that let you play digital PS1/PS2/PS3 games by streaming them onto your console. I do not know about the Wii U but I honestly doubt 3rd party developers and especially UBI even care about it.(?)

On the other hand, for the same reason you mention above, I agree with your plan to wait for buying the news system (XBO and PS4), and honestly I doubt that ACU will make you really change your plan. Hopefully I am wrong....

m4r-k7
07-04-2014, 03:33 PM
They will release Comet on last gen and then a couple of months later it will be available to digitally download on PS4 and Xbone just like with Liberation HD. Ubisoft would not put Comet only on last gen when lots of next gen players would be more than happy to buy Comet, especially if its a sequel to Black Flag.

GreySkellig
07-04-2014, 03:43 PM
^^^I'm hoping m4r-k7 is right. It certainly seems like a plausible course of action that would make Ubi some extra cash and make current-gen owners happy.

joelsantos24
07-04-2014, 03:49 PM
The news regarding AC Comet in Kotaku is 3 months old and it is probably the last news we had before they went silent on the subject - I suspect and speculate that the AC Comet will probably come into a digital form for streaming library since Sony and Microsoft are beta testing (for Sony by the end of this July 2014 month) new emulator for PS4 that let you play digital PS1/PS2/PS3 games by streaming them onto your console. I do not know about the Wii U but I honestly doubt 3rd party developers and especially UBI even care about it.(?)

On the other hand, for the same reason you mention above, I agree with your plan to wait for buying the news system (XBO and PS4), and honestly I doubt that ACU will make you really change your plan. Hopefully I am wrong....
I totally agree. There is no reason for the game to be a last-generation exclusive, and so keep the fans that already bought a PS4 (and got rid of or sold their PS3), from enjoying the chapter. I would have been fine with a decision of ending the Assassin's run on the PS3, with Black Flag, as I would obviously buy Unity as soon as I would buy my PS4. I have the obvious rational understanding that evolution is unstoppable, and we have to move forward, and that is ok. But making two different games, is just another irrefutable evidence that Ubisoft is milking the series for all that it is worth.

They will release Comet on last gen and then a couple of months later it will be available to digitally download on PS4 and Xbone just like with Liberation HD. Ubisoft would not put Comet only on last gen when lots of next gen players would be more than happy to buy Comet, especially if its a sequel to Black Flag.
As I said before, I totally agree.

m4r-k7
07-04-2014, 03:53 PM
I am guessing Comet will continue to focus on the naval mechanics that were present in AC 4. It seems that they would not get rid of that completely and as Unity will not be having any naval gameplay in it, I am guessing they saved it for Comet. I kind of hope Comet isn't as interesting as Unity. For example, if Comet is set in China, Japan, India or England I will be very upset haha

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 07:56 PM
No 4th of July tease or leak

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Jimmies-Maximum-Over-Rustled-Meme-Gif.gif

steveeire
07-04-2014, 07:58 PM
Why would they release any info on the 4th of July?

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 07:59 PM
In case comet had anything to do with 'Murica or Connor. :p

wvstolzing
07-04-2014, 10:13 PM
I am guessing Comet will continue to focus on the naval mechanics that were present in AC 4. It seems that they would not get rid of that completely and as Unity will not be having any naval gameplay in it, I am guessing they saved it for Comet. I kind of hope Comet isn't as interesting as Unity. For example, if Comet is set in China, Japan, India or England I will be very upset haha

Maybe it's the (much-speculated) new 'naval-based-IP' from Ubisoft?

Shahkulu101
07-04-2014, 10:47 PM
I think it's going to be a new naval based IP set in the AC universe with minimal parkour elements and other notable differences so that they aren't too familiar - and that we are playing as a Templar this time but that the IP won't be Templar exclusive.

Mark my (wildly speculative) words.

roostersrule2
07-04-2014, 10:55 PM
I can confirm AC Comet is about a champion weightlifter who loses in the olympics after he thinks he should have won. He finds out the the tournament was rigged and that the winners were Templars. He goes around to each camp killing the Templars with new moves such as the

"RKO"
"Chokeslam"
"Batista Bomb"

To keep it feeling like an AC game Ubi have made sure that the weightlifter named John Kenwaylift dad died and the games mission design will be poor.

JustPlainQuirky
07-04-2014, 10:56 PM
The name of the game shall be Templar's Will :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
07-05-2014, 01:35 AM
I can confirm AC Comet is about a champion weightlifter who loses in the olympics after he thinks he should have won.

I've heard otherwise; my sources say the leaked plot goes along these lines:

'Sifting through Sample 16's genetic material, Abstergo Entertainment stumbles across characters tailor-fit for their dastardly plan to exploit children with a simpler game intended primarily for handheld consoles: Brothers Giovanni and Mario race across an undisclosed location, trying to rescue Princess Toadstool Sforza from Templar Agents, who unleash an army of mutants upon the brothers to slow them down. Giovanni and Mario utilize a repertoire of hitherto unexplored assassin techniqes (mostly aerial assaults and projectiles), and as a first in the series, collectibles such as feathers etc. give them outfits with exciting new functions. (This wasn't possible in previous-gen hardware.) Parkour mechanics have been further streamlined, and navigation is now a matter of jumps and descents, handled by a single button.

The modern day component involves meeting with a woman who likes wearing really tight pants in a back alley on the way to school: She borrows your handheld, and as she tinkers with it, her spectacled companion tells bad jokes."

JustPlainQuirky
07-05-2014, 01:51 AM
I can confirm AC Comet is about a champion weightlifter who loses in the olympics after he thinks he should have won. He finds out the the tournament was rigged and that the winners were Templars. He goes around to each camp killing the Templars with new moves such as the

"RKO"
"Chokeslam"
"Batista Bomb"

To keep it feeling like an AC game Ubi have made sure that the weightlifter named John Kenwaylift dad died and the games mission design will be poor.

I laughed too hard at this.

rickprog
07-05-2014, 02:55 AM
I seriously would cry out of joy if Connor was Comet's protagonist. But any sort of information or leak would be great at this point. I still think we won't be getting anything on it for quite a while, though...

SpiritOfNevaeh
07-05-2014, 03:38 AM
I seriously would cry out of joy if Connor was Comet's protagonist. But any sort of information or leak would be great at this point. I still think we won't be getting anything on it for quite a while, though...

OMG a Connor fan! Welcome to the forums! :p

And I hope we hear something before the year is over :)

Ureh
07-05-2014, 06:59 AM
I hope Comet's combat leans toward AC3-style combat. I'm assuming Comet will still revolve around the counter + streak system. But there are quite a few things in AC4's combat system that should never be repeated again. :p

joelsantos24
07-05-2014, 10:18 AM
I hope Comet's combat leans toward AC3-style combat. I'm assuming Comet will still revolve around the counter + streak system. But there are quite a few things in AC4's combat system that should never be repeated again. :p
I know there are problably no more possible reasons for me to deplore Black Flag, even more than I already do, but can you elaborate on that?

roostersrule2
07-05-2014, 10:22 AM
I know there are problably no more possible reasons for me to deplore Black Flag, even more than I already do, but can you elaborate on that?AC4's combat was so scrappy compared to AC3's.

While AC3 is my least favourite AC it had the best combat IMO, it was fluid, fun and the animations were awesome.

AC4's was incredibly annoying, with tedious archetypes like the grenade dudes and everything was just a step back from AC3.

joelsantos24
07-05-2014, 10:56 AM
AC4's combat was so scrappy compared to AC3's.

While AC3 is my least favourite AC it had the best combat IMO, it was fluid, fun and the animations were awesome.

AC4's was incredibly annoying, with tedious archetypes like the grenade dudes and everything was just a step back from AC3.
I know what you are talking about. I also felt awkward while engaging in fights with 4-5 enemies, it almost felt like I could not hit them at all. Assassin's 3 combat system was definitely more fluid.

I always remember one of Ginx's last statements on the Black Flag's review: "accept the fact that this is more a game about pirates, than it is about assassins, and you will enjoy the game". Bloody pirates! :mad:

m4r-k7
07-05-2014, 12:42 PM
Wait a second, you know Quebec are now developing a major AC game. Maybe it is Comet. That would make sense as Montreal would continue to lead game development of next-gen AC games whilst Quebec may work on the last-gen AC games for a couple of years.

joelsantos24
07-05-2014, 02:03 PM
Maybe.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 02:13 PM
Wait a second, you know Quebec are now developing a major AC game. Maybe it is Comet. That would make sense as Montreal would continue to lead game development of next-gen AC games whilst Quebec may work on the last-gen AC games for a couple of years.

They themselves said they are working on a next-gen AC, not going to go treasure hunting for the article where it's said by them in quote.

roostersrule2
07-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Wait a second, you know Quebec are now developing a major AC game. Maybe it is Comet. That would make sense as Montreal would continue to lead game development of next-gen AC games whilst Quebec may work on the last-gen AC games for a couple of years.This is pretty likely.

Hans684
07-05-2014, 02:21 PM
I did go treasure hunting after all, especially since people see it as a possibly that they are working on a last-gen AC when it's said otherwise.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/primary-assassin-s-creed-development-duties-shift-to-different-ubisoft-studio/1100-6420888/

From Article:

Update: Ubisoft has issued a statement to GameSpot explaining why this move was made. "Quebec is taking on the role of lead studio for a future next-gen AC game because they've built up the experience and the talented teams to do so, thanks in part to their close work with Montreal on previous AC titles (from Brotherhood through Unity)," Ubisoft's Michael Burk tells us. "They're committed to bringing something new and creative to the franchise."

As it turns out, Montreal isn't permanently bowing out of the lead developer position for Assassin's Creed. "Montreal will continue to be a lead studio for other AC titles, and Montreal and Quebec will continue to collaborate with each other and with other Ubisoft studios on future games' development," Burk says. "That's key for making sure each Assassin's Creed title offers a fresh perspective, with new context, new stories and new characters, for players. Montreal is our largest studio and has plenty of creative capacity to focus on many of our biggest brands, including Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs and more."

rickprog
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
One of the things I'm most curious about is certainly whether they're going to use the combat/stealth/parkour improvements from Unity or not. Alex Amancio said Unity was impossible to do on last gen consoles, but that could be related to AI, the massive crowds and graphics.

I wouldn't be against some naval gameplay, since the system was developed and just using it for one game (and the amount there was on AC3) would be kind of a waste, but another 60% land - 40% naval game would be too much.

NondairyGold
07-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Montreal will probably continue to work on current-gen titles while Quebec will work on last-gen until such time it's deemed unproductive.

Jexx21
07-05-2014, 11:47 PM
I don't think that Quebec is only going to be for current-gen. Considering I don't think the game they're working on is even AC: Comet.

Namikaze_17
07-05-2014, 11:48 PM
For the most part.....I hope AC:Comet features Connor and Esosa and whatever their journey may bring them. I personally want an ending/ Closure for Connor's Character as I feel like he's the most UNDERRATED ASSASSIN in the whole series. Perhaps if they do, I would jump for joy as I find him the most complex out of every other Assassin. ( Except Altair.....my favorite) And Aveline, what about her you guys!? I know everyone argues and throws a fit about Connor, but what not show our only female assassin some love.......Hm? :D

Calvarok
07-06-2014, 06:12 AM
One of the things I'm most curious about is certainly whether they're going to use the combat/stealth/parkour improvements from Unity or not. Alex Amancio said Unity was impossible to do on last gen consoles, but that could be related to AI, the massive crowds and graphics.

I wouldn't be against some naval gameplay, since the system was developed and just using it for one game (and the amount there was on AC3) would be kind of a waste, but another 60% land - 40% naval game would be too much.
I mean, stuff like the stealth mode and whatnot wouldn't be impossible. it's an evolution of the corner-cover system and stalking zones, which worked on last-gen. what's impossible on next-gen is the kind of crowd sizes/AI counts, visuals, and city size + level of explorability.

I expect it to use many of the same systems as Unity, and also use the naval stuff to differentiate itself and make up for the things it lacks in comparison to Unity. Some good game design comes for constraints, I think Liberation had a lot of interesting gameplay experiments in it. I'll definitely pick it up if it seems promising.

EDIT: has anyone made a thread about suggestions for making Connor more appealing to the people who dislike him if they introduce him again? One of the most obvious things that I thought of was changing the way his voice actor delivers the lines a little bit. I loved the way Connor talked, as it really made him feel believable as someone whose first language was not english, but was determined to get all his thoughts across. (thus the somewhat measured and careful way each word was spoken)

But since presumably some time would have passed if we see him again, the idea could be that through spending much more time around english speakers and becoming less of a desperate and vengeful character, he's got a more relaxed and fluent way of speaking that might be seen as more relatable, and maybe even leads to imitating accents at times to pass as a Spaniard, as Achilles suggested when he gave him is new name. That last part could tie into giving him more opportunities to be playful and humorous. Connor does have a sense of humor, but he's under so much intense stress and in such high pressure situations in most of AC3, he rarely gets a chance to show that side of him. A less constantly intense story that allows for a mission where you dress up as a spanish diplomat to infliltrate a party could, like the minstrel mission in revelations, allow for a bit more levity.

And just in general allowing Connor to not have to be turned up to intensity level 11 most of the time. giving him more people that he can have pleasant or playful interactions with, (such as the woman who becomes his wife/partner) specific Assassin recruits who have a role in the story, since they're not just side mission characters now, and contacts from various organizations that his order is working with.

Just in general giving people more overt ways to connect with him on the main path, since in AC3 a lot of the lighter tone was off in the side missions, which were de-emphasized in a way, meaning a lot of people missed out on that stuff, which I think is kinda important to appreciating Connor as a character (also that important death scene that you'll never see if you just do the main missions)

People may be really reductive in their criticism of Connor, but what really happened is they, for whatever reason, missed what many of us found interesting about him. The biggest complaints I've seen were "the voice sounds dumb and stereotypical", (which is really unfortunate, since apparently native americans have been mocked so much that people see anything that sounds too authentic as being exploitative), "he's totally bland and humorless", (which obviously ties into the main path being about him in very focused, intense situations with so much on the line and so many personal tensions at play, and the side missions mostly filling out the lighter side of his life), and then finally just the opinion that his story doesn't have much variety, which leads me to think that a romance subplot would be a great complication, as he foils Templar plots, deals with the suspect aspects of a free America, and considers the prospect of finally settling down. (the idea of Connor as a grizzled Assassin veteran makes me real happy)

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 06:37 AM
You'll pick up Comet or Liberation?

I hope Comet has Unity's stealth and combat and parkour improvements, but I sort of doubt that it will. We'll see though. I'm still hoping Comet is Connor/Aveline :P

I-Like-Pie45
07-06-2014, 06:41 AM
You're only setting yourself up for disappointment

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 06:41 AM
disappointment isn't a bad thing if you know how to handle it

Calvarok
07-06-2014, 07:13 AM
I mean, Liberation had all of AC3's movement options and more, and it was on Vita. I'm not super worried.

Jexx21
07-06-2014, 07:20 AM
I'm interested how they would make the social stealth work with the smaller crowds though. Also how they would adapt those mechanics to the AnvilNext engine since Unity is apparently using a more advanced version.

I mean, Liberation was using the AnvilNext engine, just extremely toned down.

legacy_neworder
07-06-2014, 10:11 AM
Maybe they could make Comet with multiple protagonists like GTA5. Not sure how they'd explain it with the Animus though. They could have the game star Connor, Aveline and Adewale's grandson Eseosa. This game could wrap up their storylines. That way there is a connor sequel and aveline sequel in one.

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 10:53 AM
Comet's gameplay will probably just be heaps of random **** that they've wanted to put in previous games but would be unsure of the reaction.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 11:04 AM
I just thought of something: If Comet exists how on Earth are they going to do modern day across two games? Will 'we' be doing two different things at different places or will the two be connected?

Questions, questions...

And for the love of Jaysus, if it exists just announce it already you're taking too long. :p

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 11:08 AM
I just thought of something: If Comet exists how on Earth are they going to do modern day across two games? Will 'we' be doing two different things at different places or will the two be connected?

Questions, questions...

And for the love of Jaysus, if it exists just announce it already you're taking too long. :pPerhaps Comet will be a continuation of the AC4 dude.

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Perhaps Comet will be a continuation of the AC4 dude.

Who was also supposed to be 'us'. Oh but he's not really 'us' - the guy in Unity, that's really us this time. :rolleyes:

If it is the AC4 dude and he's not supposed to be the player this time, at least let him talk a little, even if the dialogue is just meaningless and reactionary. I hate silent protagonists.

Namikaze_17
07-06-2014, 11:13 AM

Questions, questions...

And for the love of Jaysus, if it exists just announce it already you're taking too long. :p

Don't worry Shahkulu.........patience is a virtue as we'll have o ur answers soon. Btw, does anybody have any idea it
could be about besides Connor/Aveline?

roostersrule2
07-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Who was also supposed to be 'us'. Oh but he's not really 'us' - the guy in Unity, that's really us this time. :rolleyes:

If it is the AC4 dude and he's not supposed to be the player this time, at least let him talk a little, even if the dialogue is just meaningless and reactionary. I hate silent protagonists.Does that mean I could be nominated for character of the year?

Imagine me, Yves, standing in front of a crowd being not only CEO and Person of the Year but Character of the Year too.

I'll announce it next week if I get some suspicious brown paper bags.

Namikaze_17
07-06-2014, 11:27 AM
Maybe they could make Comet with multiple protagonists like GTA5. Not sure how they'd explain it with the Animus though. They could have the game star Connor, Aveline and Adewale's grandson Eseosa. This game could wrap up their storylines. That way there is a connor sequel and aveline sequel in one.

I agree heavily with this.......knock three birds with stone. Seems like a fairly exchange. Can't help you on the animus thing though.....lol

Shahkulu101
07-06-2014, 11:35 AM
Does that mean I could be nominated for character of the year?

Imagine me, Yves, standing in front of a crowd being not only CEO and Person of the Year but Character of the Year too.

I'll announce it next week if I get some suspicious brown paper bags.

Yves I have an idea! Why don't you charge DLC for people to play as you?!