PDA

View Full Version : Just beat ToKW for the first time and...

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Yeah I know I said Revelations was the last one but I just remembered ToKW and Freedom Cry. The two DLC that are basically their own games. Took me 6-7 hours to complete ToKW so I thought I might as well say what I thought of it. :o

First is a few questions:
1.) How the heck did Connor not freeze to death with his bare chest and nips out there in the piles of snow? Sheesh I'd be too cold to move.
2.) How the heck does invisibility help in the snow when Connor has loud crunchy footstep sounds and leaves a trail of squashed snow behind him?
3.) If Connor had that tea the whole time, why not drink all of it instead of waiting to take another sip to get another power?

Those were joke questions, obviously. But here's a real one:

So are the abilities Connor have considered supernatural? So magic and such exists in the AC world? Or is it a power that possibly derived from ToWCB?

Those are my questions. Now for thoughts.
-MUCH emotion. I loved seeing Connor hug his mama and be all like "omigosh ur alive." T'was cute.
-Somewhat sad there was no Assassin Haytham. Would have been cool. Instead he just died. But minor gripe
-Very nice music at times
-Cool costume for Connor
-fun abilities. I felt like a super hero
-pulling the spears from the bear reminded me of Shadow of the Colossus lol

I also found it funny Connor didn't flinch when Jefferson pat him. Not only that, but he pat him back later. Obviously must be a secret crush.

Overall, fun to play. But it is still basically Connor falling into a world of fanfiction. Fun, but adds nothing to the overall plot. Worth the experience and had its cute moments, but not something I would say is my favorite in the AC franchise.

On to the final one! Freedom Cry!

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 11:32 PM
I think it's more that in that alternate world that since the Grand Temple wasn't located where it was in the base game, that it was rather located under the Great Willow Tree, and that the roots got though the Grand Temple and into the food supply (Shaun found one in the Grand Temple and he likened it to manna and ambrosia, the food of the gods), and that this food supply may give humans a boost in terms of strength, speed, cunning, etc. Maybe even put humans in a state similar to what you can get from drugs, and that's why Connor thinks he's turning invisible, flying, turning into a bear, etc, and that the Animus is translating these "highs" through the white room effects.

I also use that to explain Far Cry 3's tatau and weird drink that seemed to make Jason stronger and faster and such, since it's my headcanon that Far Cry, Assassin's Creed, and Watch Dogs are in the same universe.

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
Wow...that actually makes sense @-@ thanks

ze_topazio
06-22-2014, 11:57 PM
TTOKW happens in a dream world created by the apple of eden, that's why super powers exist.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 12:00 AM
I don't believe that, the Apple is supposed to show possible outcomes and futures, depending on the original creation date of the apple it could have had that sequence played out before the Grand Temple was actually built and it predicted a future based on the location of the Grand Temple.

ze_topazio
06-23-2014, 12:05 AM
The apple didn't changed the world or anything, it just created an illusion inside Connor and George heads, there was no need to use the real world's logic, the powers was just the apple playing around with native American myths.

GunnerGalactico
06-23-2014, 12:06 AM
I don't believe that, the Apple is supposed to show possible outcomes and futures, depending on the original creation date of the apple it could have had that sequence played out before the Grand Temple was actually built and it predicted a future based on the location of the Grand Temple.

I think it also brings out a person's inner desires and makes it a reality.

The apple didn't changed the world or anything, it just created an illusion inside Connor and George heads, there was no need to use the real world's logic, the powers was just the apple playing around with native American myths.

Exactly.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 12:18 AM
Yay, you finished it! Gratz! :D

And yes, the experience is canon and the events were shown from the Apple, to show illusions of what their inner desires would look like had they "used" the Apple's power per se.

And maybe you've noticed this too, but it looked like Connor was about to be tempted to take the Apple for himself after he took down Washington, but obviously he rejected this entirely.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 12:20 AM
I held my part of the bargain, humble. Keep up on TTW! :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for Freedom Cry to install. Tempted to play AC:3 but that'll slow the download time

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 12:32 AM
I held my part of the bargain, humble. Keep up on TTW! :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for Freedom Cry to install. Tempted to play AC:3 but that'll slow the download time

I am :) As long as you will play AC3 to its entirety. 100% Sync Plz :p

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 12:34 AM
100% sync? in main story? sure. I need it to unlock an outfit anyway.

100% completion tho.... @-@

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 12:46 AM
100% sync? in main story? sure. I need it to unlock an outfit anyway.

100% completion tho.... @-@

Lol too hard?

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 12:51 AM
Nah, just time consuming. And I'm lucky I had the time this weekend to play as much as I could.

I could try. I really want all the alternate costumes. (Aside from stupid nutcracker one) but we'll see.

How far r u in TTW now? :rolleyes:

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 12:53 AM

Yes, an illusion, but how do we know that it doesn't pertain to a possible alternate reality?

Kagurra
06-23-2014, 01:20 AM
I haaaaaaaaaaaaated ToKW. That and Bioshock infinite have taught me never to buy a season pass again.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 01:22 AM
Really? I liked Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea....

hm...

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 02:18 AM
Nah, just time consuming. And I'm lucky I had the time this weekend to play as much as I could.

I could try. I really want all the alternate costumes. (Aside from stupid nutcracker one) but we'll see.

How far r u in TTW now? :rolleyes:

Okay dokey.

Chapter 15 :D

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 02:40 AM
so...so close....:rolleyes:

poptartz20
06-23-2014, 06:43 AM
I haaaaaaaaaaaaated ToKW. That and Bioshock infinite have taught me never to buy a season pass again.

*Shocked* LOL!

No but really! AC3 was the first DLC I bought for the AC franchise! I appreciated what they were doing with it... still found it weird that they did super powers though.

Locopells
06-23-2014, 09:06 AM
If you travel to the Grand Temple in TOKW, you just find a rockfall - the TOKW timeline must have split from the main timeline when Haytham tried to access it since something obviously happened, which caused it to close, possibly killing him in the process and possibly creating the Great Willow. All of that would explain the powers, why the Templars disappeared, and maybe even how Washington got the Apple in that timeline - which would also explain why he left Connor's village alone and Ziio survived. Juno did say that chaos would ensure if the Templars tried to breach the Temple by force...

The memory shards are probably coming from the Apple as well, which would account for the Desmond one.

Just some thoughts that I posted elsewhere, for you...

pacmanate
06-23-2014, 01:32 PM
ToKW was terrible, I don't see how anyone could find it good. Over priced too.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 03:19 PM
If you travel to the Grand Temple in TOKW, you just find a rockfall - the TOKW timeline must have split from the main timeline when Haytham tried to access it since something obviously happened, which caused it to close, possibly killing him in the process and possibly creating the Great Willow. All of that would explain the powers, why the Templars disappeared, and maybe even how Washington got the Apple in that timeline - which would also explain why he left Connor's village alone and Ziio survived. Juno did say that chaos would ensure if the Templars tried to breach the Temple by force...

The memory shards are probably coming from the Apple as well, which would account for the Desmond one.

Just some thoughts that I posted elsewhere, for you...

Ahh so he did die because of trying to get early access to the Temple. It didn't look obvious to me nor did they talk about how he died...

I could have sworn that Washington took the Apple off of someone during the Siege of Yorktown.

Locopells
06-23-2014, 03:52 PM
The only bit that's obvious is that something happened to the GT, since there's a rockfall instead of the smooth flat wall with the cave painting - the rest is just conjecture drawn from that fact.

And yes, that's when Washington gets the Apple in this timeline - but if I'm right in my theory about when the timeline split, in order for the events of TOKW to have happened. he must have got it earlier. The Apple is showing what would have happened if he'd come across it before.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 05:57 PM
Hmm...

I don't think it's possible for the Grand Temple to have moved when the Templars found it, considering the fact that Haytham became an Assassin in the TOKW timeline.

I think that it was just built in a different location in that timeline.

Locopells
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
I don't mean that it moved, I mean that the entrance collapsed, hence the rockfall.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 06:54 PM
the last I checked, there wasn't any rockfall there either, it was just a cave wall without the TWCB engravings but it had the cave paintings on it.

Locopells
06-23-2014, 07:15 PM
Huh. I'll have to have another look, but I could have sworn...

mikeyf1999
06-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Hmm...

I don't think it's possible for the Grand Temple to have moved when the Templars found it, considering the fact that Haytham became an Assassin in the TOKW timeline.

I think that it was just built in a different location in that timeline.

He did where was that stated

ACfan443
06-23-2014, 08:14 PM
It was a short, mediocre DLC with a hefty price tag that was totally unwarranted. But I enjoyed the third episode, it was the longest and most enjoyable. Ending was anticlimactic and predictable, some people here even guessed how the story would conclude before the first episode was even released.

GunnerGalactico
06-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Overall, the DLC was enjoyable but short. I only downloaded and played it in March this year. The only thing that disappointed me was that there wasn't a lot of other side quests to do other than feeding starving civilians, recuing civilians from wolves etc. The only thing I did after beating the game was search for the Memory fragments, loot chests if I was in the mood and replay missions to get the 100% on the mission constraints. I haven't played it since then, maybe I might play it all over again... if I feel like it :o

Kagurra
06-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Really? I liked Bioshock Infinite Burial at Sea....

hm...

That's not what I meant. I never even played it. I bought the season pass because I got a free strategy guide with it, but I ended up hating the game, and forcing myself to 100% it. As soon as I got my 1000g I was done, and sent the game to my friend who's girlfriend wanted to play it.

So yeah, liked AC3 but hated the DLC, and hated the entirety of Infinite so the season pass was just a total waste to begin with.

ToKW was terrible, I don't see how anyone could find it good. Over priced too.

Thank you.

pacmanate
06-24-2014, 06:12 PM
That's not what I meant. I never even played it. I bought the season pass because I got a free strategy guide with it, but I ended up hating the game, and forcing myself to 100% it. As soon as I got my 1000g I was done, and sent the game to my friend who's girlfriend wanted to play it.

So yeah, liked AC3 but hated the DLC, and hated the entirety of Infinite so the season pass was just a total waste to begin with.

Thank you.

Regarding the season pass, this is why I didn't buy it for Black Flag. I realised I spent more on the AC3 season pass as at the time I just wanted the SP DLC, i ended up paying more in effect as I dont play MP.

However, Unity has a $30 season pass but it has no MP so Its probs all Co-Op and SP missions, better be worth it.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 06:15 PM
AC3's season pass was the same cost of all the TOKW episodes combined, okay, it was actually a single dollar less, but it also included all the pre-order content which was going for $5.

So... yea...

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-25-2014, 02:10 AM
Oh yeah Mayrice...

Please tell me your favorite command in TOKW was "Press X to Rage Quit" xD

Best command EVA!

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:16 AM
lololol I laughed so hard when I saw that prompt

SixKeys
06-25-2014, 03:29 AM
Oh yeah Mayrice...

Please tell me your favorite command in TOKW was "Press X to Rage Quit" xD

Best command EVA!

That prompt should be in all AC games that have mini-games. :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-25-2014, 03:42 AM
That prompt should be in all AC games that have mini-games. :D

Lol OMG That would be an awesome idea! You can use that prompt whenever you're about to lose :p

Locopells
06-25-2014, 10:37 AM
BARFlGHT!

frodrigues55
06-25-2014, 12:28 PM
I seriously hated TOKW, hands down my worse AC experience ever. I would rather play Liberation HD again, and that's saying a lot :nonchalance: I hate superhero stuff and I hope they never do them again. It's not what I play AC for and it really affected the experience I like to have with the series, unfortunally.

Farlander1991
06-25-2014, 12:48 PM
I can say for certain that tracking and tailing Putnam in ToKW was the most fun tailing (and eavesdrop) mission I have played in any of the AC games.

m4r-k7
06-25-2014, 01:20 PM
I couldn't finish ToKW - for me it was the crappiest AC DLC I have ever played. The powers stuff just does not go with the AC theme. Freedom Cry on the other hand was excellent - the best AC DLC yet!

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:13 PM
I thought The Lost Archive DLC was worse...

I mean it's like an entirely different game. Not a fun one either IMO.

Farlander1991
06-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I thought The Lost Archive was good for what it was trying to do. It had a much better first-person platforming segment and puzzles than Desmond's memories in ACR.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 02:22 PM
Eh I thought the platforming was Mediocre.

To each their own I suppose.

Shahkulu101
06-25-2014, 06:11 PM
I bet that if The Lost Archive was a seperate game away from AC and didn't feature Desmond's story but a similar concept, and was developed by an indie studio or Valve, it would be hailed as a masterpiece.