PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard and Mouse do not work

sl888r
06-22-2014, 08:31 PM
Help Please

I have a brand new machine i just built with a fresh install of 8.1 with no virtual controller programs installed.

I cannot get AC4 to go past the press any key and it is really aggravating since i just bought the game and don't have the ability to play it the way i want. It does work when i plug in a 360 controller and thats it.

I cannot find a fix for this issue and ubisoft doesn't seem to be addressing it anywhere a simple fix would be the ability to select the controller input in game.

thanks Alex

YazX_
06-22-2014, 09:13 PM
open this file:

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4.ini

Find this line:

[Input]
SelectedInput=XXXXXXXX

Change it to:

[Input]
SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2

save file and mark it as read-only, launch the game and see what happens, if it didnt work, then please take a screen shot from your Device Manager expanding Human Interface Devices and Sound, Video and Game controllers.

sl888r
06-23-2014, 01:52 AM
open this file:

C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag\Assassin4.ini

Find this line:

[Input]
SelectedInput=XXXXXXXX

Change it to:

[Input]
SelectedInput=KeyboardMouse2

save file and mark it as read-only, launch the game and see what happens, if it didnt work, then please take a screen shot from your Device Manager expanding Human Interface Devices and Sound, Video and Game controllers.

Thanks for reply but i have tried that multiple times with no luck and just tried it again making the file read only i have attached a screenshot of the human interface in device manager

Alex https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzoi0b5vk6snokp/Capture.jpg

YazX_
06-23-2014, 08:53 AM
mmmm, i see that you are using logitech keyboard/mouse, do you have their latest drivers installed?

and you can also try to uninstall them and restart, windows will install the drivers automatically.

another possible fix is to check "Sound, Video and Game controllers", if you have anything like motion pad, joy pad,...., it could be the problem, just uninstall it.

Vicepresidental
06-24-2014, 11:03 AM
So let me get this straight I have to uninstall all my joysticks and controllers in order to be able to use my mouse and keyboard in AC4?