PDA

View Full Version : Just beat AC: Revelations for the first time and...

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 04:44 AM
...I'm not even exagerrating when I say that was the BEST AC experience I had BY FAR. I am STILL CRYING from the emotional ending. SO MUCH was done perfectly in the narrative. The most I've EVER been invested in an AC game. I didn't have any problem with notoriety as anticipated, but that's just the icing on the cake.

Altair. GREAT. No stupid American accent. His own unique face. His own story being told. Tragic. Emotional. I grieved when I heard Malik's death being mentioned. I was SO hurt by the death of Altair's loved one I carried her body as far as I could. I was really motivated to kill the dude responsible. And even when I did, I felt bad. And the slow walk to Altair's death chair as he put out the lights....oh god....*wipes tears*

I loved watching my assassin bebehs grow to big strong people.

I loved the modern day. Subject 16 was such a great character.

I loved the history of the ones who came before. Now more than ever I want to see a game in their time period.

I loved seeing ezio beat up ministrels then dress as one of them. He delivered so many sick burns in his song. Including ones of Cesare I found hilarious.

I loved bonding with many characters and mourned when they left my life.

I loved how eagle vision was actually relevant.

I loved seeing Ezio pull off bad*ss stunts. It felt like tomb raider with all the crazy stuff going on.

I LOVED this game. It's my favorite out of the Ezio trilogy by far, and possibly favorite of all time thus far. I've now played all of the assassin's creed games. It was a great journey. I had fun. I look forward greatly to the next installment. Now I am going to play ToKW for the first time. Thank you. I love you all!!!

And Kudos to the person who tricked me into thinking Sofia was a grandmaster templar. I fell for it. :rolleyes:

Edit: and I forgot to mention how beautiful constantinople was! The water was just beautiful!

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Congrats! *comforts the crying*

I should start playing that game too and see what I missed and why it sounds awesome for most people. It's been a while and I barely remember it. lol

Welcome to the Brotherhood, Mayrice! :rolleyes: :p

TheDanteEX
06-22-2014, 04:56 AM
It's the simple and little things that makes Revelations great. Such as the Recruit missions. They watch you give your targets a final chance to speak and in turn are learning from you. Also I'm bias because Revelations was my first AC game.

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:05 AM
I'm still hurting from the feels....I just want to give Altair and Ezio a big hug....Q-Q

Shahkulu101
06-22-2014, 05:09 AM
Yeah, that games very emotional for me every time I replay it. Constantinople and it's beautiful ambient music is just serene, Yusuf's death, and...that ending. Oh man that ending.

"Sit a moment and rest."

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:12 AM
I knew Yusuf was going to die, but it happened off screen. That shocked me most about it.

And yes that prompt made me go "aaaw nooooooo"

Shahkulu101
06-22-2014, 05:17 AM
Go watch embers and prepare a bucket for your tears

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:20 AM
i was GOING to play ToKW but the Ubisoft servers are STILL down.

Jesus are they ever up?

Shahkulu101
06-22-2014, 05:22 AM
i was GOING to play ToKW but the Ubisoft servers are STILL down.

Jesus are they ever up?

They been down for a week for me

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:23 AM
Friggin' sucks.

Watching Embers.

Shahkulu101
06-22-2014, 05:27 AM
Will cri evertim

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:30 AM
Shao Jun is friggin' cool.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-22-2014, 05:33 AM
Wait a minute, why you need the servers to be up to play TOKW?

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:35 AM
When I tried to enter my season pass code it said "ubisoft servers not available"

luckly i just retried and it worked. Imma finish embers before i play tho. i have like 11 min left

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 05:40 AM
uPlay servers never are down for me

weird

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:46 AM
AAAAUGH IM CRYING SO HARD WHYD I WATCH EMBERS

Also:

Who are the two girls Ezio is with? his maid and grandaughter?

Lady looks too young to be Sofia

Shahkulu101
06-22-2014, 05:49 AM
Two girls? You mean his children - Marcelo (a boy) and Flavia?

jmk1999
06-22-2014, 05:50 AM
hmm... it was decent... but i don't know... i thought ACR was the worst of the ezio trilogy. it didn't feel like the rest. i felt AC2 was the best story, but ACB had the best gameplay. but... maybe that's just me. :nonchalance:

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:51 AM
Is Marcelo the brown haired bowl cut dude?

edit:

looked it up. Wth why does Sofia look 22? Isn't she supposed to be like 50 by now?

LoyalACFan
06-22-2014, 05:55 AM
AAAAUGH IM CRYING SO HARD WHYD I WATCH EMBERS

Also:

Who are the two girls Ezio is with? his maid and grandaughter?

Lady looks too young to be Sofia

That's his daughter Flavia, and Sofia... He was 53 in ACR and he's 65 in Embers, it's only been twelve years. His children were still quite young. I do agree that Sofia looked too young in Embers though, she should have been almost 50 by then.

I'm glad you enjoyed ACR, I think it's really underrated. It had a lot of problems and gimmicky new additions, but overall I think it delivers where it counts.

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:58 AM
Alrighty.

Man, being caught up with the series is...odd...weird...I don't like it. I want to go and hug Altair and Ezio. Hnghhhhh... I need to buy that Ezio Plush ASAP.

I still need to play Freedom Cry and TOKW. Then I'll be for real caught up I suppose. Or maybe I should read AC: "The Fall" and I'll be for real for real caught up since Nikolai is in it. Lol

AdamPearce
06-22-2014, 06:06 AM
That's his daughter Flavia, and Sofia... He was 53 in ACR and he's 65 in Embers, it's only been twelve years. His children were still quite young. I do agree that Sofia looked too young in Embers though, she should have been almost 50 by then.

I'm glad you enjoyed ACR, I think it's really underrated. It had a lot of problems and gimmicky new additions, but overall I think it delivers where it counts.

The problem with this game is that it hyped everybody like the ultimate revealing episode where everything we be explained ! And this was how it was sold to many of us. So when you finish the game and you find out it has no revelations, you're pissed. And don't show off the excuse: But you don't understand it's a revelation for Ezio through Altair so he can finally understand what's the purpose of life omg why you so duuumb ? ''. That's BS, all of it. The worse is when a DLC is announced 2 months later and with every single bit or 'revelations' in it, that's just Ubisoft saying ''we don't care about the story, just give us the money''...

And this is the principal source of hate againts ACRevelations, the other is that the game doesn't add much to the core of the game, sure it has cool adds like the hookblade and the bombs, but they are just like the rope dart and the blowpipe, cool gadgets that you pass by, and since people were already complaining about ACBrotherhood milking AC2 cores, this one was not really welcomed, especially since Ezio was still in...

Oh yeah and it totally scrwed up on the Altair part.

jmk1999
06-22-2014, 06:09 AM
you also need to play AC on the PSP... or Altair Chronicles on the DS to be for real for real for real caught up... but that game was boring and i totally wasted my money on it. i played the first level and said, "eh, screw this" and put it down. :nonchalance:

zkorejo
06-22-2014, 06:21 AM
The ending was just too good. I didnt like the entire game, but the ending was really emotional.

Locopells
06-22-2014, 09:41 AM
...I'm not even exagerrating when I say that was the BEST AC experience I had BY FAR. I am STILL CRYING from the emotional ending. SO MUCH was done perfectly in the narrative. The most I've EVER been invested in an AC game. I didn't have any problem with notoriety as anticipated, but that's just the icing on the cake.

Altair. GREAT. No stupid American accent. His own unique face. His own story being told. Tragic. Emotional. I grieved when I heard Malik's death being mentioned. I was SO hurt by the death of Altair's loved one I carried her body as far as I could. I was really motivated to kill the dude responsible. And even when I did, I felt bad. And the slow walk to Altair's death chair as he put out the lights....oh god....*wipes tears*

I loved the history of the ones who came before. Now more than ever I want to see a game in their time period.

I loved seeing ezio beat up ministrels then dress as one of them. He delivered so many sick burns in his song. Including ones of Cesare I found hilarious.

I loved seeing Ezio pull off bad*ss stunts. It felt like tomb raider with all the crazy stuff going on.

I LOVED this game. It's my favorite out of the Ezio trilogy by far, and possibly favorite of all time thus far. I've now played all of the assassin's creed games. It was a great journey. I had fun. I look forward greatly to the next installment. Now I am going to play ToKW for the first time. Thank you. I love you all!!!

And Kudos to the person who tricked me into thinking Sofia was a grandmaster templar. I fell for it. :rolleyes:

Edit: and I forgot to mention how beautiful constantinople was! The water was just beautiful!

Yes to everything!

RinoTheBouncer
06-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Thank you for this thread. AC:R is truly the best AC experience. From protagonist to story, to scenery to dialogue and epic moments. It beats every other AC title and ties up with ACII.

steveeire
06-22-2014, 10:11 AM
The problem with this game is that it hyped everybody like the ultimate revealing episode where everything we be explained ! And this was how it was sold to many of us. So when you finish the game and you find out it has no revelations, you're pissed. And don't show off the excuse: But you don't understand it's a revelation for Ezio through Altair so he can finally understand what's the purpose of life omg why you so duuumb ? ''. That's BS, all of it. The worse is when a DLC is announced 2 months later and with every single bit or 'revelations' in it, that's just Ubisoft saying ''we don't care about the story, just give us the money''...

And this is the principal source of hate againts ACRevelations, the other is that the game doesn't add much to the core of the game, sure it has cool adds like the hookblade and the bombs, but they are just like the rope dart and the blowpipe, cool gadgets that you pass by, and since people were already complaining about ACBrotherhood milking AC2 cores, this one was not really welcomed, especially since Ezio was still in...

Oh yeah and it totally scrwed up on the Altair part.

I do find alot of the hate is because of Den defence, man it was crap and should have never been in there.

But I love ACR, I like it better than ACB because we get to see a Ezio who has been worn down by life and is wondering was it all worth it, he is looking to Altair for answers. I also like his interactions with Sofia he had given up on ever finding someone and closed off that part of himself but she reawakens that in him and it gives him a new lease on life and ultimately provides him with the answer he needed and not what he sought, it was all rather sweet.

Aphex_Tim
06-22-2014, 10:59 AM
I was SO hurt by the death of Altair's loved one I carried her body as far as I could.

Just a shame you can't carry her with any dignity. It's just like carrying a dead guard. And you can't lay her body down; you can only THROW IT ON THE GROOUUNNDDD!!!
That's why I just leave her in the courtyard and slaughter every assassin I encounter.

oliacr
06-22-2014, 12:03 PM
best best best

roostersrule2
06-22-2014, 12:29 PM
Just a shame you can't carry her with any dignity. It's just like carrying a dead guard. And you can't lay her body down; you can only THROW IT ON THE GROOUUNNDDD!!!
That's why I just leave her in the courtyard and slaughter every assassin I encounter.Yessssssss, I put her in the fountain, it felt like the right place.

ACR's ending is so amazing, it's third only to RDR and Mass Effect 2.

Embers is the only time I've bawled my eyes out on a game, movie or TV show.

Moultonborough
06-22-2014, 12:31 PM
I loved the whole game but two parts made it for me.

1) When Ezio shows up to check up on Sofia an finds Yusuf dead. Before going into the shop if you look around on the roofs they are covered with Assassins. Just shows he held up to his promise with Ezio but payed with it with his life.

2) Subject 16's very last line before being deleted. Pure awesome. My favorite line of the entire series.

Edit: Ezio speaking directly to Desmond sent chills down my back. Just so cool talking right to a person knowing they will see it. I've always wondered though if Ezio did see a real hologram of what Desmond will look like. The way he "touches" him made me think so.

roostersrule2
06-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I loved the whole game but two parts made it for me.

1) When Ezio shows up to check up on Sofia an finds Yusuf dead. Before going into the shop if you look around on the roofs they are covered with Assassins. Just shows he held up to his promise with Ezio but payed with it with his life.

2) Subject 16's very last line before being deleted. Pure awesome. My favorite line of the entire series.

Edit: Ezio speaking directly to Desmond sent chills down my back. Just so cool talking right to a person knowing they will see it. I've always wondered though if Ezio did see a real hologram of what Desmond will look like. The way he "touches" him made me think so.My heart dropped when I saw Yusuf there, I wasn't sure if it was him or not and when I saw his database icon come up I nearly cried.

The handling of S16 was the games biggest problem IMO, there was so much we could have learnt from him but we didn't really learn anything, there wasn't even a single question from the D-man. In saying that, I did like him as a character.

GunnerGalactico
06-22-2014, 12:38 PM
I also enjoyed ACR, it's only the only game where we get to see Ezio come full circle as an Assassin. One of my favourite scenes is when Ezio communicates with Desmond and says he is a conduit to pass on a message that completely eludes his understanding.... ( or something like that, can't really remember the exact words :p ). It's one my favourite soliloquys of Ezio's :)

ACfan443
06-22-2014, 12:52 PM
And don't forget the soundtrack. A collection of some of the most divine, sweeping, and breathtaking tracks to have come out of the franchise, and also one of the most underrated and overlooked aspects of the game outside of the core fanbase.

http://youtu.be/adpdR5kWtRQ

http://youtu.be/GctuPoKv79s
(1:45 - 2:20 - euphoric)

http://youtu.be/oYj4jD2-g9k

I'm glad you enjoyed the game, and I applaud you for forcing yourself through den defence and the platforming missions (if you actually competed them). The game's not without its faults, but there's no doubt that it provided some great fan service and closure with respect to Altair's and Ezio's narratives. (Best we forget about the actual revelations being relegated to DLC, that debacle's just not worth reliving).

ze_topazio
06-22-2014, 12:52 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sw6AX3Jj-Bk/U6W16t5LDyI/AAAAAAAAH3k/yzJy1IcFRi4/s1600/2.gif

Can't say I understand why everybody in this forum rates Revelations story so high, I found it kinda meh, okay, with interesting moments, but overall meh.

roostersrule2
06-22-2014, 12:54 PM
The OST is my favourite of any game ever.

Jesper for gameplay and Balfe for cutscenes was a match made in AC heaven.

EDIT: Well maybe not my most favourite ever, but it's up there.

jayjay275
06-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Can't say I understand why everybody in this forum rates Revelations story so high, I found it kinda meh, okay, with interesting moments, but overall meh.

I agree.

GunnerGalactico
06-22-2014, 01:01 PM
The OST is my favourite of any game ever.

Jesper for gameplay and Balfe for cutscenes was a match made in AC heaven.

EDIT: Well maybe not my most favourite ever, but it's up there.

If I'm not mistaken, they also had Hans Zimmer as one of the composers in ACR.

roostersrule2
06-22-2014, 01:04 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they also had Hans Zimmer as one of the composers in ACR.He helped on the main theme, although that was in nearly all of the songs in some variation.

GunnerGalactico
06-22-2014, 01:07 PM
He helped on the main theme, although that was in nearly all of the songs in some variation.

Yeah, it was mostly Jesper and Balfe that composed all the songs.

Sushiglutton
06-22-2014, 02:09 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Sw6AX3Jj-Bk/U6W16t5LDyI/AAAAAAAAH3k/yzJy1IcFRi4/s1600/2.gif

Hahaha awesome gif :D! Messi is still a God!

SixKeys
06-22-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed the game, Mayrice. Personally I think it's the second-worst game in the series (not counting handhelds).

I hated the way they handled Subject 16. In AC2 and ACB he sounded so tortured, like he had something really urgent to tell Desmond. Then in Revelations he's all chill like "sup, dude?" and they never talk about any of the stuff that he said was so important.

Almost no side content which really dragged down the experience for me. After ACB which took me the longest out of all the games to complete up until then, I finished ACR in just a few days. While ACB gave me a lot of bang for my buck, ACR was a 60 euro ripoff.

The ending was good, Ezio as a minstrel was hilarious and I liked roaming Cappadocia incognito. Other than that I thought the story was crap and all the new characters were boring as hell. Yusuf did nothing for me. Sofia is the worst female character the series has had so far. Ezio's dialogue sometimes felt out-of-character and Altaïr just....wasn't Altaïr. It was some impostor cosplaying as Altaïr, with Ezio's combat and freerunning moves. I was so hyped to play as two distinct characters, but ended up with two Ezios in a different skin.

Constantinople was a beautiful city, but didn't beat some of my favorites. I don't even think it's in my top five.

Basically, a really short game with none of the promised "revelations", a few fun missions, some good music and terrible characters.

Edit: Oh yeah, and by far the worst multiplayer experience in the series. What a glitchy crapfest that was.

Kaschra
06-22-2014, 02:43 PM

Aaahh, this makes me super happy, because I also love Revelations. The game was just... an emotional rollercoaster.
Especially the ending. Oh god, the ending. I sobbed like a little kid ;A;
I basically agree with everything you said here. Also glad to see you like Subject 16 :D

Aphex_Tim
06-22-2014, 03:14 PM
and I applaud you for forcing yourself through den defence and the platforming missions

Den Defense is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, itīs a little out of place but everyone always acts like itīs the absolute worst thing theyīve ever had to do in any game.
I donīt get that.

SixKeys
06-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Den Defense is not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Sure, itīs a little out of place but everyone always acts like itīs the absolute worst thing theyīve ever had to do in any game.
I donīt get that.

Agreed. I think a lot of people just found it jarring to have tower defense in AC, but it was okay for what it was.

ACfan443
06-22-2014, 04:50 PM
I donīt get that.

It's not the absolute worst thing in any game, sure, (I certainly wasn't implying that), nor is it the worst thing to have come out of ACR. Platforming missions categorically fall under that description. But Den Defence is pretty far up there in my opinion, and one of the most ill-conceived mechanics the game had to offer. I liked it at first because it was new and quirky, and didn't understand myself why it was so heavily panned by critics and fans. But the novelty soon wore off and it quickly became a tiresome, monotonous pain in the ***. The more I had to fend off the Templars, the greater the tedium that entailed.

ACR didn't have much other side content to be fair, so you were pretty much stuck with endlessly doing the same thing over and over - den captured, den contested, den recaptured, den contested, and so on. It's easy to see why it wasn't exactly a fan favourite.

JustPlainQuirky
06-22-2014, 05:14 PM
Hans Zimmer helped write it? I did notice some music I liked. No wonder.

jk ofc.

And I didn't have a problem with the den defense. Prolly cuz I only had to do it once.

@ze_topaz

:rolleyes: I will get you back for this

Fatal-Feit
06-22-2014, 05:14 PM
What did I tell ya? I knew you were going to enjoy AC:R! For me, it was the best of the Ezio Trilogy. Ezio was at his non-cliche best, the side characters were fantastic(Darby's such an amazing writer), and the city of Constantinople was absolutely beautiful. The combat itself, in my opinion, is one of the best in the series. It would have taken the top for me if it weren't for automatic chain kills. God, whoever thought that was a good idea should jump off a cliff... Literally. But yeah, I think Revelations is underrated. It was such a treat.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Wait, you really think a person should actually kill themselves because of a combat mechanic you deem flawed?

You're terrible.

ACfan443
06-22-2014, 05:23 PM
Hans Zimmer helped write it?

He only helped with the main theme, cause him and Balfe are close buddies.

poptartz20
06-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Well Congrats on Finishing the All of the games! Woo!

And I must say while I didn't care for revelations like that there were some very emotional moments for me! I've said it's once before... THAT ENDING. Yusef, and maybe one or 2 more things that I cant remember right now.

Umm... this makes me feel the need to go back and replay some of these, of course after I beat Watchdogs.

Fatal-Feit
06-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Wait, you really think a person should actually kill themselves because of a combat mechanic you deem flawed?

You're terrible.

In a nutshell.

king-hailz
06-22-2014, 06:08 PM
Well congratulations on completing them. AC Revelations really is an amazing game, it has its gameplay faults. However the story is just so magnificent. Also the soundtrack is beautiful, I love how it has refernces to the venice ambient music in 'byzantium'.

The ending is my favorite ending to a game EVER! It is just so perfectly done from the setting to the dialogue. It was just poetic and just so damn emotional! Hats off to Amancio and Darby for that!

Mayrice maybe its time for you to see this (if you havent already!)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1J8xlu8HYs

wvstolzing
06-22-2014, 07:50 PM
I think the title 'Revelation's *might* also be a biblical reference, in that we got to see the 'apocalypse' for the FC. Story-wise, I too think that frustratingly little was revealed, esp. about what Lucy was up to. Some of the stuff that was supposed to be 'revealed' in the main game got pushed into a paid DLC, of course.

I'm from Istanbul/Constantinople, and I loved the way the city was depicted. Some inaccuracies were there, for sure; but overall it was very well done.

phoenix-force411
06-22-2014, 09:03 PM
ACR is definitely my second favorite, with ACII as my first favorite. ACB's the worst game on my list, doesn't mean I sold it.

Sesheenku
06-22-2014, 09:12 PM
Well it is the most refined in game play to be sure and has a fairly good story.

ShoryukenMan
06-22-2014, 09:28 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed it. I too, liked the game. However, in my humble opinion, I'd have to say that, for me, it was the weakest out of the Ezio saga. I felt that the game was far too short. And while Constantinople(sp?) was beautiful, I didn't find it quite as beautiful as AC2, or Brotherhood. I didn't care much for the music either, and boy, did I hate den defense. Notoriety was a problem for me in this game, too, but I'm glad you didn't have a problem with it. The Altair segments were too short and could've been longer. This is actually the game that I started to respect and like Altair, so I do give it credit for that. As for Yusef dying... well, I almost didn't care. He had so little screen time that when he died, I was like, "Oh, he's dead." and moved on. But, I think the biggest problem I had with the game was that there was little to no side missions. I guess maybe the devs thought that we'd be too preoccupied with den defense to miss the side content, but as I said, I hated the den defense.

Anyways, I would personally have to rate the games in this order:

AC: Brotherhood
AC:2
AC:4
AC:3
AC: Revelations
AC:1

Unity does have the potential to overtake Brotherhood as my favorite, but we shall see.

phoenix-force411
06-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed it. I too, liked the game. However, in my humble opinion, I'd have to say that, for me, it was the weakest out of the Ezio saga. I felt that the game was far too short. And while Constantinople(sp?) was beautiful, I didn't find it quite as beautiful as AC2, or Brotherhood. I didn't care much for the music either, and boy, did I hate den defense. Notoriety was a problem for me in this game, too, but I'm glad you didn't have a problem with it. The Altair segments were too short and could've been longer. This is actually the game that I started to respect and like Altair, so I do give it credit for that. As for Yusef dying... well, I almost didn't care. He had so little screen time that when he died, I was like, "Oh, he's dead." and moved on. But, I think the biggest problem I had with the game was that there was little to no side missions. I guess maybe the devs thought that we'd be too preoccupied with den defense to miss the side content, but as I said, I hated the den defense.

Anyways, I would personally have to rate the games in this order:

AC: Brotherhood
AC:2
AC:4
AC:3
AC: Revelations
AC:1

Unity does have the potential to overtake Brotherhood as my favorite, but we shall see.

ACB was the shortest in my opinion. Everything beyond Seq. 5 feels very rushed, and it remains at the very bottom of my list. The story itself was pretty disappointing.

Farlander1991
06-22-2014, 10:01 PM
ACB was the shortest in my opinion. Everything beyond Seq. 5 feels very rushed, and it remains at the very bottom of my list. The story itself was pretty disappointing.

Well, factually Revelation's campaign is longer than ACB's (at least mission count-wise, though most of the ACR missions are pretty lengthy with a few exceptions, while ACB has got a lot of missions like, 'Fight 10 dudes and that's the whole mission'), but ACB has got a much higher amount of quality side-content.

Though, to be honest, I enjoyed Revelation's special assassin recruit and mentoring missions. And bomb side missions were alright too.

frodrigues55
06-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Glad to hear you finished them!

Aren't they awesome?

When you think about it, Revelations is probably one of the most well rounded games of the franchise. Everything is well done and the story - plot and characters - is simply beautiful (like Darby always accomplishes). I just don't know why I don't connect with it as much as with the other games.

Anyway, you did the same thing I have done - played them all in storymode first time, rushing through each game to see how they would go. I really didn't like side missions or open worlds before AC, always been a casual gamer with my linear games ready for me.

So, if you take my advice, what do you think about playing them all again and fully? Believe, it's a wonderful thing to do. Unlocking every side activity, reading every animus data base, really taking your time through the game is eye opening. All of them really make the game shine and some side missions are really games within theirselves, especially Brotherhood's. Also, finding new ways to stealth your way through or setting goals to yourself... the tools are all there and they really show AC's strenght!

You already know how the plot develops, so it will work in your favor to understand things that you probably missed. Hope you get the courage, it's really really worth it!

rprkjj
06-22-2014, 10:15 PM

Best ending hands down. Yusufs death was also sad. He reminded me of a young Ezio and their interactions were great, seeing elderly Ezio handle his more light-hearted self.

ShoryukenMan
06-22-2014, 10:34 PM
@ Phoenix: I respectfully disagree, my good sir/madam.

Oh, well. Opinions. They're what make life interesting.

phoenix-force411
06-22-2014, 10:57 PM
Well, factually Revelation's campaign is longer than ACB's (at least mission count-wise, though most of the ACR missions are pretty lengthy with a few exceptions, while ACB has got a lot of missions like, 'Fight 10 dudes and that's the whole mission'), but ACB has got a much higher amount of quality side-content.

Though, to be honest, I enjoyed Revelation's special assassin recruit and mentoring missions. And bomb side missions were alright too.
Although, ACB did clearly have more side-missions, I think it's the quality of it that counts actually. Christina Memories were good, but very short-lived. At least we got to know what happened between them. Rome was short-lived for me though along with the main story. Cesare was pretty much non-existent until towards the end.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 11:00 PM
I thought Brotherhood had quality side missions, honestly.

LieutenantRex
06-23-2014, 12:04 AM
Brotherhood has the best side content in all the AC games, even BF. It all relates to the story. Even the Romulus missions, because the corrupt Church is paying the Romulus followers to terrorize Rome. And they're actually good side missions...

But yeah, I like Revelations too. After replaying it, I'm really ashamed that I hated it. The game is BEAUTIFUL. Really, it is. Amazing music and a heartbreaking ending. A good, stable story. I'm glad OP enjoyed it.

mikeyf1999
06-23-2014, 01:41 AM
Yessssssss, I put her in the fountain, it felt like the right place.

ACR's ending is so amazing, it's third only to RDR and Mass Effect 2.

Embers is the only time I've bawled my eyes out on a game, movie or TV show.

*cough* the walking dead*cough*

Perk89
06-23-2014, 03:44 AM
Liked Revelations. Was my first AC game before going back and playing the whole series. Never understood why some didn't. Thought it was a really good installment.