PDA

View Full Version : Unity co-op will it need PS+ and Gold for consoles?

Sesheenku
06-21-2014, 04:11 AM
Cause if it does since I'm forced to buy a console I'm not paying what I pay for my ****ing cell phone bill monthly to have the privilege of paying extra to use Ubisofts servers that I already paid for when I bought the 60 dollar game.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 05:14 AM
PS+ is only $50 a year

That's like.. one month of a individual cell bill

jmk1999
06-21-2014, 06:05 AM
agreed... and the number of games you can get in that time for free, particularly on PSN is certainly worth it... especially if you got a PS3 and/or PS Vita. also, i enjoy it for the cloud save feature alone. i lost my save data when my old PS3 crashed and i haven't looked back since. real good investment when you wanna save your stuff.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:10 AM
I too refuse to pay for a subscription fee just to play online with someone. Nintendo is the only one who provides free online on consoles nowadays.

60 bucks a year for 7 years (average life of a console) adds up.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 06:27 AM
did I say anything derogatory to him?

I very rarely try to insult people.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:35 AM
Don't hate on him jexx.

I too refuse to pay for a subscription fee just to play online with someone. Nintendo is the only one who provides free online on consoles nowadays.

60 bucks a year for 7 years (average life of a console) adds up.

At least you can share games across different accounts on the one system

With steam you have to get the other account person to authorize it which is a pain, and you have to be online to play them. AND you need to do it all again if you restart your computer.

Seriously what's up with that, these games are on a system in my house, shouldn't matter what account bought them. They are on my computer and the only thing that is LOCKING CONTENT is Steam. Consumer friendly my arse.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:39 AM
At least you can share games across different accounts on the one system

With steam you have to get the other account person to authorize it which is a pain, and you have to be online to play them. AND you need to do it all again if you restart your computer.

Seriously what's up with that, these games are on a system in my house, shouldn't matter what account bought them. They are on my computer and the only thing that is LOCKING CONTENT is Steam. Consumer friendly my arse.

What does sharing games and steam have to do with anything? I didn't say anything PC master race related. I just said I prefer it the way Nintendo and Ps3 do things in terms of online. i.e. no subscription fees.

Sesheenku
06-21-2014, 06:44 AM
PS+ is only $50 a year

It's the principal, why the hell should people pay to access a feature of their game that the devs didn't even charge them for? What is that ****?

agreed... and the number of games you can get in that time for free, particularly on PSN is certainly worth it... especially if you got a PS3 and/or PS Vita. also, i enjoy it for the cloud save feature alone. i lost my save data when my old PS3 crashed and i haven't looked back since. real good investment when you wanna save your stuff.

As I said above, I'm not going to pay to access a feature that should have been covered in my fee to the developers for the game they made, **** I'm already paying for the internet, the console, and the game.

The nicest way I can put it is...

both companies can suck a ****.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:45 AM
What does sharing games and steam have to do with anything? I didn't say anything PC master race related. I just said I prefer it the way Nintendo and Ps3 do things in terms of online. i.e. no subscription fees.

Nothing just a grievance I developed today when I created a new steam account only to realize steam was locking content that was on my computer. Also a disadvantage of PC in response to your criticism of consoles.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:48 AM
If Unity doesn't require PS+ I'll buy the game twice.

Nothing just a grievance I developed today when I created a new steam account only to realize steam was locking content that was on my computer. Also a disadvantage of PC in response to your criticism of consoles.

omigod.

I wasn't critizising ALL consoles in general.

If I had that mentality, I wouldn't own a 360, ps4, and wii u.

I was agreeing with the OP and saying wii u and ps3 did it right. Don't confuse honest opinion over blind hate.

edit: which is somewhat ironic considering I did the same thing to jexx but that's besides the point! Anyway battery dying gtg.

Cheers.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 06:57 AM
I am torn on this issue. I have been enjoying free psn since 2008. And it does sort of suck that they are gonna charge now. But at the same time...what full grown adult that has their life together can't afford $5 a month? Its well worth it considering what you get for the price.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Yeah Mayrice I wasn't really annoyed or trying to argue with you I just had to vent about that

Sesheenku
06-21-2014, 08:34 AM
I am torn on this issue. I have been enjoying free psn since 2008. And it does sort of suck that they are gonna charge now. But at the same time...what full grown adult that has their life together can't afford $5 a month? Its well worth it considering what you get for the price.

>21

>College student

> No job

>Economy is ***, especially in my state and city.

Gaming has never been just for adults who have had 25-30 years to put together a comfortable living style. The town I live in has a population growth rate of 185% currently, it's not developed enough to support that and thus jobs are practically non-existent. If that was the case then most people likely wouldn't be gamers as most of us start as children who have plenty of free time.

Again though the point would be locking off features for the game I already paid for when any load would be on MY internet that I already pay for AND Ubisoft servers is ******** for any price.

Aphex_Tim
06-21-2014, 10:55 AM
It's not Ubisoft's call. Any game on PS4 requires PS+ to play online. And quite frankly, the price you pay for PS+ is more than fair, considering what you get in return. For 5 bucks a month you get monthly free games, lots of discounts in the store, the ability to save your files in the Cloud, free trials for any game, just to name a few.
Now, you can argue that it's still weird that you need PS+ to play online but maintaining Sony's ever growing online services simply costs them a lot of money. Sony has never struck me as a greedy company so I find it fair to pay a small monthly fee for these services. Especially if you consider everything you get for it.

AherasSTRG
06-21-2014, 11:10 AM
If I may play the devil's advocate, Steam gives you many tools to costumise your accounts and share your games with others, eg the Family Share feature, account merging and other.

As far the matter at hand goes, Sony and Microsoft need to use special servers for their consoles, which constantly need to be monitored and upgraded, thus the extra cost.

Consoles have the advantage of being plug 'n' play: you connect the parts together and that was it, no more damns were given that day. But, imho, the PC is cheaper from a console, if you personally occupy yourself with it.

jmk1999
06-21-2014, 04:36 PM
i'm 30 and STILL don't have my life all together in this economy and what not (heck, it crashed as soon as i was graduating from college... lucky me), but that's pretty much how i see it. although i can certainly see that stuff adds up. you just gotta pick what's most important to you when you're dealing with these. while i loved free PSN, there's really nothing we can do about it now. just gotta suck it up and decide. if it means cutting back on one thing, so be it. it costs less than a single game, so it's not totally unreasonable.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 05:00 PM
Who doesn't have PS+, it pays for itself. I have FC3, Metro, Bioshock, Uncharted 3 and so many more free games. 2 of them pays for the whole year worth!

TheDanteEX
06-21-2014, 05:15 PM
It would be better if PS+ was a bonus feature if you wanted those extras. I feel like paying for a stable internet connection should be enough for me to play my games online, but it's just how the consoles are designed. Ubisoft can't do anything about it and their games have nothing to do with it.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-21-2014, 06:01 PM
PS+ is only $50 a year

it's only free on PS3 and has been for 8 years...
Its total bs....
If you love indies and buy digital then its a great deal.. over 100 games for $50...
But I don't have a vita.. probably never will (just lost 24 of those 100 games) and indie for the most part bore the crap out of me... there goes another 24...
Still $1 per game..... 50 profit lost on games i could buy physically and break even or even make profit on...
Forcing a subscription for a game mode will never be justifiable to me... sorry

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Its not just for a game mode though. You get so many good games from PS+

STDlyMcStudpants
06-21-2014, 06:06 PM

This type of mindset is why people go into debt.. 'I have it, so I should throw it away just because'

Aphex_Tim
06-21-2014, 06:07 PM
I'd hardly call it throwing it away. I refer to my previous post.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-21-2014, 06:10 PM
I'd hardly call it throwing it away. I refer to my previous post.

I refer to my previous post.
I buy physical and make profit buying physical.. in a sense I get PAID to play or buy games...
If I made 1 million dollars a year.. I still don't feel comfortable being forced to give a company $50 a year for a bs service that i wont even use.. otherwise every game becomes only half

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:12 PM
It's not Ubisoft's call. Any game on PS4 requires PS+ to play online. And quite frankly, the price you pay for PS+ is more than fair, considering what you get in return. For 5 bucks a month you get monthly free games, lots of discounts in the store, the ability to save your files in the Cloud, free trials for any game, just to name a few.
Now, you can argue that it's still weird that you need PS+ to play online but maintaining Sony's ever growing online services simply costs them a lot of money. Sony has never struck me as a greedy company so I find it fair to pay a small monthly fee for these services. Especially if you consider everything you get for it.

False. Final Fantasy 14 does not require playstation+ (but does require sub of its own which sucks)

I've read several interviews where it is clearly stated it is up to the developer. Let me try to find them again to make sure I'm not mis-remembering.

Also here's a counter argument to the value of playstation+:
-I prefer physical copies on consoles. So "free" games mean nothing to me. Especially since by the time the game is free, I probably already own it because I research games to make sure I'm interested or not. I don't want a crap game in my library.
-discount applies to same reason as said above
-saving to the cloud is hardly groundbreaking. same for free trials. not worth coughing up 60 a year
-online should be free anyway

HercRembrandt
06-21-2014, 06:22 PM
False. Final Fantasy 14 does not require playstation+ (but does require sub of its own which sucks)

I've read several interviews where it is clearly stated it is up to the developer. Let me try to find them again to make sure I'm not mis-remembering.

Sadly, you are indeed misremembering. A developer can try to make a deal with platform holder to waive the PS+ requirement, for example, but they'd likely have to pay Sony. FF 14 has a hefty subscription fee, does it not? The money for Sony comes out of that. AC:U will not have such a fee, so Ubisoft would have to pay out of their pocket. And that's not exactly their business plan.

Services cost money, that's just how it is.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:28 PM
I see. Well I stand by my statement playstation+ offers no value to me and that Sony should have kept the online free like Nintendo.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:32 PM
lol nintendo

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Laugh all you like. I still respect the company's decision to keep their consoles backwards compatible and subscription-free.

deskp
06-21-2014, 06:49 PM
I see. Well I stand by my statement playstation+ offers no value to me and that Sony should have kept the online free like Nintendo.

Comparing to Nintendo is just weird, people only play nintendo games on their console anyways so they gat paid. also the market on their console cares so little for online that its no big deal to them.

if ps plus isnt worth it to you, well then thats it.

Sesheenku
06-21-2014, 10:55 PM

It's practically bribery.

As I said, I'm not playing on Sony or Microsofts servers, the online content is handled by Ubisoft, they're simply adding a pay wall to a feature that they didn't create and don't have to spend money on except adding proper wireless hardware on their consoles.

It's like offering me free movies BUT I can only turn on my TV and watch them if I pay a 5 dollar fee monthly. What is that ****? I already paid for the tv, I'm already paying for the cable, why should I let any company get away with charging me extra for things they didn't create, for things that they are not necessarily hosting on their own servers?

@Aheradrim

What servers? With Ubisoft, you use YOUR internet and connect to UBISOFT what servers do they need other than for the extra features that are unnecessary? Are you telling me they're forcing us to connect to them, so we can connect to Ubisoft to justify charging us cause if so that's 10x more ********.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 11:30 PM
when you play MP on a PS4 you're connecting through the playstation network because that's where your account is. On PC you're connecting directly through uPay.

Sesheenku
06-22-2014, 03:34 AM
when you play MP on a PS4 you're connecting through the playstation network because that's where your account is. On PC you're connecting directly through uPay.

Which is ridiculous. I shouldn't have to connect to their stuff just to connect to my game servers thus a roundabout way to excuse a ******** charge.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 04:30 AM
then don't buy a PS4

STDlyMcStudpants
06-22-2014, 03:02 PM
then don't buy a PS4
Your mind is so shallow lol.
'Don't speak up when something bothers you, deal with it like a coward or leave.'
Is your solution to everything

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, it's not really something you can complain about in the sense that if you're getting a Sony console which you have to make an account on the PSN for, that you should expect to have to connect to the PSN...

Your insinuation is rather insulting. My mind is rather like "Enjoy life for what it is, don't lament for what it could be, but always push forward; progression takes time."

STDlyMcStudpants
06-22-2014, 03:39 PM
Well, it's not really something you can complain about in the sense that if you're getting a Sony console which you have to make an account on the PSN for, that you should expect to have to connect to the PSN...

Your insinuation is rather insulting. My mind is rather like "Enjoy life for what it is, don't lament for what it could be, but always push forward; progression takes time."

I don't consider robbing an install base of 7 million as something to be cheery about.... ($350 Million a year
taken out of gamers pockets already, generation isnt even a year old yet)
The only thing wrong with the ps3 model of the PSN is that the only way to get money directly from your users was to offer true value to make them want to pay you rather than just force it :rolleyes:

Sesheenku
06-22-2014, 09:24 PM

Correction, take it in the *** and be grateful for the inability to walk properly for the rest of the week.

You're too soft. I enjoy life but you're damn wrong if you think I'm going to sit by and say NOTHING about such ********.

Enjoying life=/=Accepting everything.

Complaining is not misery, complaining is part of putting things right to enjoy life more.

Quite frankly your philosophy is idiotic unless you have low expectations for everything and I don't, life shouldn't be lived like that.

I have high expectations and I will make them a reality or in the case of PS4 I won't pay a damn thing just to enjoy a feature on my game I already should enjoy without their meddling.

I shouldn't ****ing need a PSN account to connect to UPLAY. PERIOD.

Therefore it's a ******** extra charge.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 09:26 PM
Thank you.

Will_Lucky
06-22-2014, 09:35 PM
I don't consider robbing an install base of 7 million as something to be cheery about.... ($350 Million a year
taken out of gamers pockets already, generation isnt even a year old yet)
The only thing wrong with the ps3 model of the PSN is that the only way to get money directly from your users was to offer true value to make them want to pay you rather than just force it :rolleyes:

You are aware that using online features costs them money? I thought them offering free online gaming was a stupid idea in the first place especially given they were making a loss on the console in the first place.

And as for Nintendos online services...if you can call them services given how awful they are. I mean hell, the PS3s initial online services are better than what Nintendo offer.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-22-2014, 09:47 PM
You are aware that using online features costs them money? I thought them offering free online gaming was a stupid idea in the first place especially given they were making a loss on the console in the first place.

And as for Nintendos online services...if you can call them services given how awful they are. I mean hell, the PS3s initial online services are better than what Nintendo offer.

Of course servers cost money... the thing is i had no PS+ but still bought digital games on PSN because i wanted to
I made a conscious decision to flush x ammount of dollars down the toilet to experience a game....
You are pretending like the PSN makes absolutely no profit... lol
millions of people had PS+ by choice....
And sorry, but it doesnt cost more than a quarter of a million dollars to run and maintain servers every year.
This is a move based on greed, its not that they are taking a loss and have no other choice..its that xbox is doing it, so where are they gonna go if we start charging?
Thats all it is..its forcing money out of gamers if they want to fully experience even a 3rd party title

Aphex_Tim
06-22-2014, 10:06 PM
Correction, take it in the *** and be grateful for the inability to walk properly for the rest of the week.

Glass half full / glass half empty.

And honestly, I'm all for standing up for sh*t but you gotta put it into perspective man. Paying less than 5 bucks a month for a service that has way more benefits than drawbacks hardly seems like something worth getting your panties in a bunch over. And like it or not, requirements for playing PS4 online are not going to change so if you refuse to get PS+, you're gonna have to play through Unity on your own. Your loss. Sony doesn't owe you free access to their online services. The fact that it is free on PS3 is d*mn generous already.

Now, I'm getting outta here since tensions seem to rise very fast. I don't wanna be in this thread when it explodes.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 10:24 PM
Of course servers cost money... the thing is i had no PS+ but still bought digital games on PSN because i wanted to
I made a conscious decision to flush x ammount of dollars down the toilet to experience a game....
You are pretending like the PSN makes absolutely no profit... lol
millions of people had PS+ by choice....
And sorry, but it doesnt cost more than a quarter of a million dollars to run and maintain servers every year.
This is a move based on greed, its not that they are taking a loss and have no other choice..its that xbox is doing it, so where are they gonna go if we start charging?
Thats all it is..its forcing money out of gamers if they want to fully experience even a 3rd party title

Technically it's not out of greed because Sony's main profits are only coming out of their gaming division anymore. Their gaming division is what's keeping them alive, and if they need to charge money for PSN so that they can put more money back into their other divisions so that they can become healthy again, it's a wise choice for their company.

Sesheenku
06-22-2014, 10:53 PM
Glass half full / glass half empty.

And honestly, I'm all for standing up for sh*t but you gotta put it into perspective man. Paying less than 5 bucks a month for a service that has way more benefits than drawbacks hardly seems like something worth getting your panties in a bunch over. And like it or not, requirements for playing PS4 online are not going to change so if you refuse to get PS+, you're gonna have to play through Unity on your own. Your loss. Sony doesn't owe you free access to their online services. The fact that it is free on PS3 is d*mn generous already.

Now, I'm getting outta here since tensions seem to rise very fast. I don't wanna be in this thread when it explodes.

1 -> I pay for their product I have a right to complain and demand features to make it less annoying to enjoy my games

2 -> It's worth it and YET it's still a backhanded charge

3 -> For the bolded, the point is that I should have no need to go through PSN to access Ubisoft servers.

Basically it's like Dunder Mifflin from The Office (American Version) they're just middle men, their role is unnecessary, they make a profit dressing up a service that isn't required. PSN shouldn't be necessary to access Ubisoft servers.

I'm already paying for the console, for the internet, for the tv it connects to, and for a game. With all those costs I deserve to be allowed to use the servers of Ubisoft without being forced to pay simply because some annoying middle man wants to get in the way and charge me under cover of offering bonuses.

PSN is already worth it on its own, adding forced online functionality to it is just a middle finger.

You're damn right I'll play Unity alone it's still gonna be amazing, I'm going to vote with my wallet and my vicious words.

BTW I love how everyone assumes this is just Sony, you do realize I was talking about Microsoft as well don't you? Same **** but even LESS excuse since they're an even more massive company.

Besides consoles are supposed to get away from the irritating subscriptions and annoyances of certain PC games and now they're emulating it? If I had the money I'd simply buy a better PC and enjoy Unity there unfortunately my hands are tied here, if I want to play Unity on release day and I do then I have to buy a console.

Technically it's not out of greed because Sony's main profits are only coming out of their gaming division anymore. Their gaming division is what's keeping them alive, and if they need to charge money for PSN so that they can put more money back into their other divisions so that they can become healthy again, it's a wise choice for their company.

Customers should not be held accountable and charged for a companies failures. They should get to work on realizing WHY their other divisions are failing rather than charge us to keep failing divisions alive.

Cut out the source not the tumor.

Will_Lucky
06-23-2014, 12:34 AM

Not even close.

Dag_B
06-23-2014, 02:04 AM
If I had the money I'd simply buy a better PC and enjoy Unity there unfortunately my hands are tied here, if I want to play Unity on release day and I do then I have to buy a console.
Why not saving up a little bit more, if you can already afford a currentGen-brick, wait after Unitys release and buy it, when you can afford the good pc? Set it up correctly and you might find a mix of "not to high price" and "good performance" that might fall into what you can afford.
It's not like Unity will run away and become unavailable after a short time. You might even wait for a complete edition and save good money on this too.

Sesheenku
06-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Why not saving up a little bit more, if you can already afford a currentGen-brick, wait after Unitys release and buy it, when you can afford the good pc? Set it up correctly and you might find a mix of "not to high price" and "good performance" that might fall into what you can afford.
It's not like Unity will run away and become unavailable after a short time. You might even wait for a complete edition and save good money on this too.

In my current situation it's unlikely I'll get a new PC anytime soon, don't even have a job. A bloody miracle I own this 1500 laptop. Until I move I most likely won't get a job, the place I live is awful, the population is out of control.

So yeah no I'm not waiting 1-2 years to play Unity.

RinoTheBouncer
06-24-2014, 09:59 AM
I have PS+ and I think it’s really worth it and despite that, I’ll still play AC:Unity in single player, at least for the first completion.

Though I agree that online play should part of the price you pay for the console and games and I know the price of a an HD/3D or 4K T.V. or whatever model one decides to buy to play games adds up along with Internet and game fees but I’m sure I didn’t buy an HD//3D T.V. just to play AC Unity nor to play online and I don’t think Sony actually cares if you pay a 500$ per month for a super fast internet or a 30$ one nor whether you own one of those fancy Samsung displays that cost around 35,000 pounds or a normal small T.V., all that is our responsibility to calculate and adjust.

Blaming Sony or Microsoft for the online play fees saying that you’re already paying for Internet and T.V. is like blaming a clothing store for their high prices simply because you already paid a lot for the gas or the taxi to get to their store. I didn’t mean to be offensive with what I said before, and sorry if I sounded harsh, but those companies care more about profits than about the ethics and they do really spend a lot of money on servers and Video Gaming is a very profitable business and they wanna make sure they squeeze every last cent from each game. It’s just business and if you haven’t noticed, a lot of stores do much more cheap and silly ways to make money out of people like when they have a piece of clothing that costs 500$, they write WAS :1000$ NOW: 500$ (50% discount) and in reality, the price is actually 500 without the discounts and they pull such obvious lies to convince people to buy.

Sesheenku
06-24-2014, 06:24 PM
I have PS+ and I think it’s really worth it and despite that, I’ll still play AC:Unity in single player, at least for the first completion.

Though I agree that online play should part of the price you pay for the console and games and I know the price of a an HD/3D or 4K T.V. or whatever model one decides to buy to play games adds up along with Internet and game fees but I’m sure I didn’t buy an HD//3D T.V. just to play AC Unity nor to play online and I don’t think Sony actually cares if you pay a 500$ per month for a super fast internet or a 30$ one nor whether you own one of those fancy Samsung displays that cost around 35,000 pounds or a normal small T.V., all that is our responsibility to calculate and adjust.

Blaming Sony or Microsoft for the online play fees saying that you’re already paying for Internet and T.V. is like blaming a clothing store for their high prices simply because you already paid a lot for the gas or the taxi to get to their store. I didn’t mean to be offensive with what I said before, and sorry if I sounded harsh, but those companies care more about profits than about the ethics and they do really spend a lot of money on servers and Video Gaming is a very profitable business and they wanna make sure they squeeze every last cent from each game. It’s just business and if you haven’t noticed, a lot of stores do much more cheap and silly ways to make money out of people like when they have a piece of clothing that costs 500$, they write WAS :1000$ NOW: 500$ (50% discount) and in reality, the price is actually 500 without the discounts and they pull such obvious lies to convince people to buy.

I think you missed the point entirely, which was that I shouldn't need to connect to anybodies servers besides Ubisofts, rendering the charge ********.

PS+ is already enticing, blocking features without it is just being a ****. They don't really have an excuse, Ubisoft has servers already.

Mr_Shade
06-24-2014, 07:49 PM
I think you missed the point entirely, which was that I shouldn't need to connect to anybodies servers besides Ubisofts, rendering the charge ********.

PS+ is already enticing, blocking features without it is just being a ****. They don't really have an excuse, Ubisoft has servers already.

Unfortunately - Console games use the consoles network for servers - so any requirements set by the Console vendor to connect to online are needed.

PS+ and XBL Gold are required for online gaming on the PS4 and Xbox One.

PC - works differently since you don't have a closed infrastructure.

If you don't agree with this - not much anyone can suggest, since it's unlikely either of them will make the services free in the foreseeable future.

I would suggest not swearing, if you want your point to be easy to read.. since ************'s could mean anything….

Shahkulu101
06-24-2014, 07:53 PM
My Ps Plus ran out and I could still play Watch Dogs. :p

Mr_Shade
06-24-2014, 08:37 PM
My Ps Plus ran out and I could still play Watch Dogs. :p

On PS4? - that's very odd.. I would keep quite about it..

Shahkulu101
06-24-2014, 08:39 PM
On PS4? - that's very odd.. I would keep quite about it..

Eh, I didn't play much of it anyway but still a fortunate error for me. ;)

AidenPixxel
06-24-2014, 08:54 PM
I can confitm that Watch Dogs does not need ps+ to play 2 of the online modes which are Online Hacking and Online Tailing.

Here's hoping Ac Unity doesn't need ps+ either.

rprkjj
06-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Its worth the 50$ per year especially with Games with Gold and the free PS Plus games. I would be lying if I said I didn't want free online, but I don't really mind it.

ShiverMaTimbers
06-25-2014, 01:46 AM
In PS4 will AC Unity's co-op have a prequisite of PS Plus or we dont need to pay for it?
I was wondering if it was because I'm in a little money trouble and dont know if i can afford both.
Thank in advance for your answers.

Regards, PmaiWoW.

Sesheenku
06-25-2014, 01:50 AM
Unfortunately - Console games use the consoles network for servers - so any requirements set by the Console vendor to connect to online are needed.

PS+ and XBL Gold are required for online gaming on the PS4 and Xbox One.

PC - works differently since you don't have a closed infrastructure.

If you don't agree with this - not much anyone can suggest, since it's unlikely either of them will make the services free in the foreseeable future.

I would suggest not swearing, if you want your point to be easy to read.. since ************'s could mean anything….

Needed because they tell you it's needed. If it was actually needed than PS3 would have also forced you to pay for online but it didn't.

Mr_Shade
06-25-2014, 05:39 PM
Needed because they tell you it's needed. If it was actually needed than PS3 would have also forced you to pay for online but it didn't.

'Needed' - as in required - by whom, is not the issue.

End of the Day, as players - we all accepted that it would be needed when it was made public at the release of the PS4 - those who didn't - didn't buy the PS4 - or - have zero interest in online game modes.

We are double checking - however - other titles on the system will require PS+ to play online, so you should factor that in to the decision to purchase a PS4, unless you are only playing Unity on it - however like I said, we will check.

I can confitm that Watch Dogs does not need ps+ to play 2 of the online modes which are Online Hacking and Online Tailing.

Here's hoping Ac Unity doesn't need ps+ either.

Thats due to them not being 'MP' game modes in the traditional sense - there is no communications etc between the players - and they are integral to SP - for the games free roam 4 player co-op / MP modes - you do require it though.

Jexx21
06-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Well the MP modes for watch_dogs besides hacking and tailing aren't that great anyway..

Sesheenku
06-26-2014, 05:14 AM
'Needed' - as in required - by whom, is not the issue.

End of the Day, as players - we all accepted that it would be needed when it was made public at the release of the PS4 - those who didn't - didn't buy the PS4 - or - have zero interest in online game modes.

We are double checking - however - other titles on the system will require PS+ to play online, so you should factor that in to the decision to purchase a PS4, unless you are only playing Unity on it - however like I said, we will check.

Oh I'll buy the system but I won't do online and justify their actions. I won't accept it.

The PS4 is a temporary stepping stone anyways, as soon as I can buy a proper PC I'll re-purchase Unity for PC and play on PC again.

No way I'll just accept ridiculous practices though.

sniperm4dness
11-13-2014, 01:44 AM
Well I was watching gameplay for the game desnity and I found a video saying you dont need ps+ to play in desnity because people can just randomly join in the campaign. All I kept on doing is looking up and these are coop missions n it just like desinty, the reason I say that is that you can join in the coop missions in the ps4 just like playing the campaign in desinty. So I what I'm saying is that you won't need ps+ to play on assassins creed unity coop well im pretty sure but I'm conferenced that u don't need ps+ just to play in the coop missions in assassins creed unity I hope this helps out somewhat