PDA

View Full Version : AC4: Doesn't Anyone Care Else About the Community Challenge Rewards?

Lantrozous
06-21-2014, 02:06 AM
I've been severly disappointed by the way Ubisoft has handled this whole Community Challenge event system. Personally, my love of AC comes primarily from the process of 100% completion, and to have the last six items LISTED IN YOUR INVENTORY but artificially locked off unless the powers that be decide their "social experiment" is worth continuing. I find it disrespectful and apathetic to do such a thing without at least releasing the items later as paid DLC.

What frustrates me even more is how little people here seem to care. After all, all of the weapons and armor in this game is identical from a practical standpoint, so surely the fellow hunter-gatherers on this forum can appreciate the desire to complete their otherwise 100% collection with these items. I've 100%'ed every major AC release. And now the challenges aren't even happening anymore (if I am mistaken about this, please correct me), and my whole interest in the series has come to a screeching halt. Isn't anyone upset with this when so many of you care about social chests and royal convoys?

TheDanteEX
06-21-2014, 03:34 AM
I don't like having to log on-line in a singleplayer game. I haven't even been able to use Kenway's Fleet because it requires a stable internet connection.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 05:54 AM
Still need 2 more white whales and I have sailed hundreds of miles, dozens of hours. Where are the white whales?!

jmk1999
06-21-2014, 06:02 AM
the white whales are harder to come by these days. i just said screw it and bought 2 more whale skins to get the costume. as for the community challenges... YES... they drive me crazy. i missed out on the impoluto figurehead and i'm severely ticked about that. then i bought a PS4 and i had to start all over again... and again, no community challenges.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Its also extremely annoying how long the kenways fleet missions take when you do them alone. Admission shouldn't take 48 hours to complete! I am trying to get this sh#t done!

Dralight
06-21-2014, 05:36 PM
I know how you feel, I played almost all of the community challenge on my Xbox 360 version of AC4, and I only recently got a PS4, about a month and a half ago. So annoyingly i've missed out on all those rewards on my PS4 version and it doesn't look likely that the challenges will be happening again. :/

HercRembrandt
06-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Still need 2 more white whales and I have sailed hundreds of miles, dozens of hours. Where are the white whales?!

Ubisoft has heard the criticism, and promise no more white whale characters in their games.

Seriously though, these forced "community" things are all kinds of wrong.

StingrayX
06-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I gave up on community challenges after I missed a few on accident. I assumed they would all be DLc at some point, or make the challenges continue for months. But then they suddenly stopped. Sucks because I try to get everything I can, even if I have to pay for it, I'll have it.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Do you know the BEST part of community challenge rewards?

They give you REALLY bad weapons. There is 0 incentive to do them unless you have OCD with collectibles.

Xstantin
06-21-2014, 09:33 PM
There is 0 incentive to do them unless you have OCD with collectibles.

The Explorer outfit was a nice cosmetic with "traditional" colors though, but yeah same goes for DLC weapons which are pretty bad as well.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 11:39 PM
The Explorer outfit was a nice cosmetic with "traditional" colors though, but yeah same goes for DLC weapons which are pretty bad as well.

Oh yeah, thats my default for Black Flag now. But yeah, the weapons are terrible.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 11:47 PM
One of the few times I disagree with Ubi regarding percentage completion.

Community challenges is really out of a player's control.

Draco9092
06-22-2014, 01:04 AM
Are there any community challenges still going on? I can't get the wheellock pistol. No community challenges show up on my menu and I already got everything else. Can someone help me?

Locopells
06-22-2014, 09:30 AM
They're coming back, but no one knows when.

Celvro
06-22-2014, 07:32 PM

the white whales are harder to come by these days. i just said screw it and bought 2 more whale skins to get the costume. as for the community challenges... YES... they drive me crazy. i missed out on the impoluto figurehead and i'm severely ticked about that. then i bought a PS4 and i had to start all over again... and again, no community challenges.

That's strange. I found 1 Friday and another today, thought it was rather common. Of course I'm only about 10 hours in so I still don't have the elite harpoon to kill it. :nonchalance:

jmk1999
06-24-2014, 01:10 AM
they're less common than when the game was first released. when it first came out, i was able to find them all over the map semi-regularly. i think ubi turned down the frequency on community shares in subsequent months after release. you just got lucky when you saw one. before, you would have come across a few everyday at least. same with community chests and fleets.

Morgan-GW
06-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Ubisoft needs to address this one way or another -- either provide more Community Challenges, give us the stuff as DLC (Uplay points, paid, free, whatever), or at least break the silence and let us know what's happening. Leaving people hanging isn't good customer service.

EDIT: After posting this, I saw that they have given us at least a little new info: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/846231-PS4-Community-Challenges?p=10066204&viewfull=1#post10066204
Community Challenges = where you have to complete a task to unlock an item - are returning soon - for a full cycle, so you will be able to grab items you maybe missing - details are being worked on now - however I can't give an ETA at present. and
The team are currently working on a plan to have them come back for another cycle - and they will be aware of what are achievable targets

dparra85
09-14-2016, 09:50 PM
They do care :) We just need to let them know that we would like to have this again to get the rewards. Pirates unite under the black flag ;)