PDA

View Full Version : Get back my save from UPlay after iPhone reinitialization

bleeptobleep
06-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Hi,
for various reasons I had to re-initialize my iPhone without restoring a save.

I thought I could get back my Trials Frontier saved game from UPlay by simply logging into UPlay, but apparently not. I'm still stuck as if my game was entierly new.
So is there a way to get back my save from UPlay? I really don't want to re-do all I've already done in the game which I've already played for hours and hours...

noobaroniNcheez
06-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Play through that intro sequence and you should get the option to restore your save from the cloud server.

bleeptobleep
06-23-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks for your reply noobaroniNcheez.
But how do I retrieve my save from the cloud after the intro sequence? I've done the first levels, talked to the people in the saloon, but I can't find where I can download my saved game from UPlay. I tapped the options menu, the uplay icon... can't find what I'm looking for. And the game did not show any popup window to ask me this either.
So what should I do?

noobaroniNcheez
06-24-2014, 11:47 AM
I was having some issues with the game which resulted with me deleting and reinstalling the game. Once I got to the point after the intro sequence where I could log in to uplay, I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to continue current game or restore my previous game. I restored and got all my stats/stuff back. If you're not getting that option, I'm not sure what to tell you. You would need a dev to help you out there.

bleeptobleep
06-24-2014, 05:55 PM
What I did was pausing the game during the intro sequence and from there I logged into UPlay as soon as I could... Maybe this is what screwed me up here...
I may have had to wait until the intro sequence was finished before trying to log into UPlay.
Anyway, if a dev could help me out here I would appreciate. I've spent hours and hours on this game and if I'm not able to get my save back, I won't play it anymore for sure. It's just too discouraging to start back from nothing.

llDumptruckll
06-24-2014, 09:23 PM
What I did was pausing the game during the intro sequence and from there I logged into UPlay as soon as I could... Maybe this is what screwed me up here...
I may have had to wait until the intro sequence was finished before trying to log into UPlay.

You got it. In pausing the game, before playing the first 3 tracks then logging into Uplay, you may have inadvertently glitched your game. It also could be that in the hassle of trying to figure out a way to download your old progress, its possible that you may have accidentally overwritten the servers with the save from when you played after reinstalling it.

After completing the first 3 missions you go to the village. From there, click on the Uplay icon and log in. While its logging you in, another popup window will appear behind the uplay window. (Careful and here's what may have happened) When uplay finally logs you in, close the Uplay Window and you will see another window. It gives you the option to save the current game to the servers, or the option to download your progress from the server. ALWAYS choose to download it from the server, otherwise you will delete your progress from the Uplay servers and then you're screwed.

Thats my thought on this anyway of what might have happened and how to do it correctly in the future.

Hope this helped.

bleeptobleep
06-25-2014, 11:25 AM
awww yeahhh!! Today I launched the game again to try to follow your instructions and right away I got a popup window with a message asking me if I wanted to to download my Level 36 game from the servers. I answered Yes and it's all fixed now!
Thanks for your help you both :)

Note: in the meantime I renamed my iPhone to the same name it had before I reinitialized it... I don't know if this had any incidence on the game. Is the saved game related not only to the UPlay account but also to the device name? Possible...

llDumptruckll
06-25-2014, 09:35 PM
Glad this worked out for you. If I was a 36, and thought I lost my progress, I'd be devastated. SO very cool you got your saves back. :D

bleeptobleep
06-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah I was kinda devastated :D But I'm soooo relieved now :)