PDA

View Full Version : Real single player Dynamic campaign system for BoB engine ??

jagdmailer
02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Oleg & crew,

If there is one single thing, appart from the number of airplanes that would make my day in BoB engine, it would be a real single player dynamic campaign system. I think people spoke out already in the past in a survey on this site.

I think it would make your sim much more riveting if the actual results of one's missions would actually make a difference on the course of the campaign or war in general. For one thing, damaged airfield should remain damaged for a certain period of time, and aircrafts shot down in the "enemies" side should actually reduce the number of aicrafts available for next days missions. Anti-aircrafts guns & vehicles destoyed on the ground would not automatically be replaced the next day and would be based on certain number of vehicles available and actual monthly productions by the factories.

ie. What would have happened if the LW would have continued to pound the RAF airfield & aircraft factories instead of moving to bombing cities in summer/fall 1940 ??

I know that Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was somewhat simplistic as it was made to run on 386 (circa 1990) but the concept behind its dynamic campaign mode was extremely involving & most immersing.

Please give this a try.

JagdMailer

jagdmailer
02-01-2004, 11:54 AM
Oleg & crew,

If there is one single thing, appart from the number of airplanes that would make my day in BoB engine, it would be a real single player dynamic campaign system. I think people spoke out already in the past in a survey on this site.

I think it would make your sim much more riveting if the actual results of one's missions would actually make a difference on the course of the campaign or war in general. For one thing, damaged airfield should remain damaged for a certain period of time, and aircrafts shot down in the "enemies" side should actually reduce the number of aicrafts available for next days missions. Anti-aircrafts guns & vehicles destoyed on the ground would not automatically be replaced the next day and would be based on certain number of vehicles available and actual monthly productions by the factories.

ie. What would have happened if the LW would have continued to pound the RAF airfield & aircraft factories instead of moving to bombing cities in summer/fall 1940 ??

I know that Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe was somewhat simplistic as it was made to run on 386 (circa 1990) but the concept behind its dynamic campaign mode was extremely involving & most immersing.

Please give this a try.

JagdMailer

drapis
02-01-2004, 12:50 PM
couldn't agree more.

out and hoping ...

Killing for peace is like whoring for virginity.

02-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Although I have no idea what it will really be like, I am confident that BoB will have a good dynamic campaign.

They've learned a lot over the years with IL-2. We've got several good systems already likd DCG, DGen, and UQMG. The developers can build upon that and come up with a fantastic dynamic campaign... I hope http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jagdmailer
02-01-2004, 02:07 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cosmokart:
Although I have no idea what it will really be like, I am confident that BoB will have a good dynamic campaign.

They've learned a lot over the years with IL-2. We've got several good systems already likd DCG, DGen, and UQMG. The developers can build upon that and come up with a fantastic dynamic campaign... I hope http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cosmokart,

The current Dynamic campaign system is indeed an improvement over the original Il-2 campaign system. However, it is a rather slim improvement and still simplistic.....please someone correct me if I am wrong but;

1. Your actions ie. effective or not, do not have any real effect of the course of the ground campaign, thus the course of the war;

2. Your number of kills you accomplish during a mission do not have any effect on the number of aircrafts the enemy can put in the air the next day in reference to actual aircraft production numbers & delivered to the front in your area of operation;

3. If you bomb enemy ground targets such as airfields, the damage you caused to the buildings & runways are "fixed' overnight automatically not withstanding the state of moral, resources/supply available to the enemy based on prduction numbers available at that particular time of the war for your area of operations.

4. If you bomb enemy airfields and destoy a number of aircrafts parked in hangars, on the tarmac, related airfield service vehicles, flak guns or aviation fuel tanks, those "losses" are not actually reflected in reference to the number of resources/supply available to the enemy based on prduction numbers available at that particular time of the war & moral in your area of operations;

Same would apply to bombed convoys, supply trains, bridges.....it would be great if for instance, if you destroy bridges, it would slow down or halt the progress of enemy ground troops for a while or longer if you are very successful.....so on so forth.

AFAIK, the current dynamic campaign mainly involved the number of pilots available to your units and the number of new pilots posted to your units following losses.....not much more than that. I like the front lines, but I wish there could be an advance campaign mode that would include the above, and a chance to make a real difference on the course of the war, not just simply go through the motions of the war ie for the LW; from Ukraine to the suburbs of Moscow, back to Berlin with your actions have no bearing to the course of the war. Same for the other side..... I understant that one pilot could not have change the course of the war, no matter how successful he might have been, but if you have a special optional mode that would apply in general term you successes/losses generally on most missions taking place on the front or even your general area od operations on that particular day, it would make for much more interesting campaign mode allowing you to make a real difference to the overal course of the war, even "re-write history". This is a game after all.

My 2 cents,

Jagd

jagdmailer
02-03-2004, 04:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jagdmailer:
Oleg & crew,

Please give this a try.

JagdMailer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bump

Recon_609IAP
02-03-2004, 09:46 PM
Do you really think, besides the rare ace, that someone had this effect in real life?

Personally, I'd rather fly as one pilot in a huge war than try to save the world from the evil empire, etc...

Sure, make it more immersive - but keep it real will ya!

S!
609IAP_Recon

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg
Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem