PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have this problem with AC games?

WendysBrioche
06-19-2014, 12:21 AM
I have assassin's creed disease. I cant play any other games other than assassins creed.

Ive spent like, 200 hours putting mods into Skyrim, but I haven't so much as touched the game. I just cant bring myself to play it. It seems like starting a quest is too much work. And keep in mind, Elder Scrolls is my number 1. Assassins is #2. But a very good 2.

Its like a game comes out in the series every year, and I just already know what to do. Im so used to playing these games its like become a habit and I don't know how to play any other games anymore because of it. I cant adapt to a different style of video game. Not even watch dogs, which is very similar and made by the same company. I think its part of Ubisofts secret marketing strategy to rule the world... Ive become a hopeless victim of it. O_O

Lonnie_Jackson
06-19-2014, 12:36 AM
I usually just play all the games slowly throughout the year in between other games. Every time a AC game is announced my excitement for other games diminishes. Ever since Brotherhood I have done this and it doesn't look like it's going to stop anytime soon! :D I actually catch myself watching documentaries for the time period the game takes place each year. It's just the AC cupid in the air. He gets us all in our own little way!

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Nah I switch games around quite a bit, sometimes for a couple of weeks I'll replay 1, ezio saga and MAYBE 3 and start over but then I'll go play one of my other games.

Like this lol.

http://i.imgur.com/EtcQZ5O.jpg

Bastiaen
06-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Yeah, I get that. I'm an achievement hunter, and I really struggle to focus on other games when waiting for a new AC game.

Dome500
06-19-2014, 10:27 PM
No.... actually not.

It's more the opposite.

Over the years I started playing lots of hardcore games, stealth games and really challenging games. Coming back the Assassins Creed felt harder and harder every year since I began to increasingly notice the flaws of the games and the very slow progress they have.

Actually Unity is about the only reason to give me hope that AC might become more interesting for me again...

pacmanate
06-19-2014, 10:35 PM
No.... actually not.

It's more the opposite.

Over the years I started playing lots of hardcore games, stealth games and really challenging games. Coming back the Assassins Creed felt harder and harder every year since I began to increasingly notice the flaws of the games and the very slow progress they have.

Actually Unity is about the only reason to give me hope that AC might become more interesting for me again...

Agreed.

Ever since AC2, the games have been of same quality or decreased in my eyes. Everything got too samey. All that was really different was protag (sometimes) and location (to be expected), but game mechanics were pretty much the same.

This is also why Unity appeals to me, everythings overhauled.

IWGCJoeCool
06-21-2014, 02:00 AM
I find myself comparing everything else to the AC games. I dislike the Batman series because of all the counter and somersault to safety stuff, and similar games like Remember Me. as much as I enjoyed Tomb Raider and the Uncharted games I find that waiting for the button push cue to be annoying. the stuff in AC games might seem too predictable to some, but at least it's all a practiced set skills learned and you don't need prompts....if the HUD is OFF, you react at once to what you "see".

however, I don't consider it a problem

LieutenantRex
06-21-2014, 02:03 AM
Usually when I play a game, especially an AC game when I first get it, I invest all the time in it. Usually after a week or so of constant playing, I tire out and pop in Skyrim or GTAIV.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 06:13 AM
I am an Assassins Creed addict. I can't help it. I play each AC game every year. Except the first one. Tried to play it last summer, but it unplayable now. Waaaaay too much stuff missing.

But as soon as the E3 demo is shown every year I immediately go into AC obsession mode. I live and breathe Assassins Creed.

Last year was especially bad as they kept releasing extended gameplay videos of Black Flag non stop.

The best part is that that game actually delivered! Hopefully Unity does as well!

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:18 AM
lol OP you sound like a crack addict.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:50 AM
I can switch between AC and any game because AC's controls have been ingrained into my mind.

If I'm trying to juggle titles, ones I'm playing for the first time or replaying after a while, I can find it hard to adjust between the two.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 07:00 AM
I can switch between AC and any game because AC's controls have been ingrained into my mind.

If I'm trying to juggle titles, ones I'm playing for the first time or replaying after a while, I can find it hard to adjust between the two.

I occasionally go back to playing RDR online. And when I do, at first I always want to use R1 to run. It is engrained in my DNA at this point. R1 is run...why would it be any other button?

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 07:03 AM
^ I know that feel

I'm paying mirrors edge at the mo and it's difficult to adjust to different free running controls, it uses LB to jump. Bluegh....

travilanche
06-21-2014, 07:05 AM
^ I know that feel

I'm paying mirrors edge at the mo and it's difficult to adjust to different free running controls, it uses LB to jump. Bluegh....

Lol, I know right? What's up with that!? AC got it right! Just follow their control scheme ffs!

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 07:08 AM
Well that might be a little irrational of game devs lol

Post AC3 the free running has been rather poor. Unity is shaping things up though - can't wait. Then we can get flustered playing the old AC games.

travilanche
06-21-2014, 07:19 AM
I know its irrational. But I mainline Assassins Creed! It is the game series I will remember this last gen for. Even though RDR is my favorite game of all time. There is just so much more AC! And the controls are perfect to me.

They promise better controls in Unity but I can't even fathom that concept! The park our controls in Black Flag are perfect in my mind.

HiddenKiller612
06-21-2014, 08:13 AM
Been playing this series so long, the only thing I really had to get used to was sailing in AC4... and that took all of one ship attack. I play a variety of different games... AC is but one of many... though it is my second favorite series.