PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Unity Targeting 1080p and 60 FPS on PS4 and XBone..YEAH RIGHT

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 10:33 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-assassin-s-creed-unity-targeting-1080p-60fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/1100-6420580/

YEAH. RIGHT.

There is absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY in HELL that they will be able to take a game wold of that level of detail, and make it run at 60fps. I seriously hope they aren't serious, and I hope they aren't making that a priority..because in order for an open world game of that size and detail to run at 60fps on CONSOLES would require a MASSIVE downgrade of visual fidelity and particles and details.

deskp
06-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Well, its nice having good targets.

Also, it could happen who knows. With these games its kindof all about their engine

WELL i dont think they can do both 60fps and 1080. But its natural they want to alteast try.

PERSONALY i'd rather have a 900p 30fps game with better graphics within that.

Shahkulu101
06-18-2014, 10:36 PM
Unlikely they'll achieve this. However, if we have to sacrifice one I def prefer having better frame-rate than higher resolution.

I'd take 900p 60fps rather than 1080p 30fps.

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Unlikely they'll achieve this. However, if we have to sacrifice one I def prefer having better frame-rate than higher resolution.

I'd take 900p 60fps rather than 1080p 30fps.

Resolution isn't that big a deal to me either. When it comes down to it it is your TV that determines how sharp it looks. People were freaking out about Watch Dogs being 900p and it still looked great.

SixKeys
06-18-2014, 10:41 PM
Wish I already knew what kind of graphic card is recommended for Unity. I've been meaning to get a new one since last year, but don't know what to get.

Dome500
06-18-2014, 11:14 PM
Actually with next gen I believe that is more than possible.

If you now mean if UBISOFT can pull that off (considering WD, etc.) .... nah.... could be hard, I won't bet anything on it but would be happy if they did.

One thing stands clear though, in PC that is achievable, and I have a PC :D :D :D
(Let's hope Ubi doesn't f*ck the PC version up like they often do)

pacmanate
06-18-2014, 11:20 PM
Shouldn't need to be 60fps IMO.

Have you play inFamous Second Son? Capped at 30fps and that game is sooo smooth!

Now with the buttery smooth new parkour I think a 30fps cap is more than fine.

I-Like-Pie45
06-18-2014, 11:24 PM
does anyone want to make bets

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 11:29 PM
If Unity is able to be 1080p and 60fps on PS4 and XboxOne without a visual downgrade, then I will post nudes as well as all my personal information

VoXngola
06-18-2014, 11:30 PM
It doesn't have to be 60 fps. If it means to keep the visual fidelity, then go with 30 fps. Unity looked absolutely amazing with jaw dropping details everywhere.

I-Like-Pie45
06-18-2014, 11:31 PM
If Unity is able to be 1080p and 60fps on PS4 and XboxOne without a visual downgrade, then I will post nudes as well as all my personal information

Have a bit more dignity that that

pacmanate
06-18-2014, 11:34 PM
Like I said, Infamous Second Son

/Thread

ACfan443
06-18-2014, 11:39 PM
That seems...highly implausible. It's sounds way too bold of an ambition for a console open world game. I have no idea how Ubi are going to retain that level of visual fidelity and have the game render at 1080p and 60FPS. I mean, just look at it

http://i.imgur.com/L5dORf6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LGyzAFO.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xZwLy3Q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mHMTp7v.jpg

I'm not convinced at this point, I already had trouble believing that the eye-popping visuals of reveal teaser would make it into the final product at the standard 30FPS, let alone 60. I'll believe it when I see it running on my PS4. If they pull it off without making any glaring graphical sacrifices, then hats off to the programmers.

ze_topazio
06-18-2014, 11:45 PM
I would assassinate for 60fps.

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Kinda unrelated but when the hell are those last two sections on customization and open world gonna show up on the AC site?????

And where is part 2 of IGN series!

MEEP

Megas_Doux
06-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Kinda unrelated but when the hell are those last two sections on customization and open world gonna show up on the AC site?????

And where is part 2 of IGN series!

MEEP

The second part of the diary might appear in july.

Wolfmeister1010
06-18-2014, 11:54 PM
The second part of the diary might appear in july.

uh..WHAT??? Why that far away? The episodes of IGn series of AC3 and 4 were more or less a week apart!

ACfan443
06-18-2014, 11:57 PM
uh..WHAT??? Why that far away? The episodes of IGn series of AC3 and 4 were more or less a week apart!

E3's only just ended and we've been inundated with a ton of information, why so impatient?

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 12:00 AM
If they have to downgrade either resolution or fps in order to achieve the graphics they are aiming for, then I'd much rather resolution takes the hit. Resolution isn't even a big factor, developers say that if you stand a few feet away from your TV, then maybe you can see the difference. The performance of the game is far more important to me. You can say 60fps isn't needed, but the frame rate has a much more noticeable impact than a few pixels - so I feel downgrading frame rate to keep a higher resolution is impractical to be frank.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 12:31 AM
I'm good with 30 fps and 1080p quite frankly. The animations in games these days make 60 fps unnecessary imo, it's nice but not absolutely required as long as your 30 fps is smooth.

The textures are increased a lot but the RAM of each system has also been increased quite a bit, it should be enough to handle those without massive slow down.

The shaders are going to be the biggest kick in the ***. Although consoles are good at what they do since they CPU and GPU have a closer relationship than a PC.

I'm not going to get my hopes up for 1080p and 60 fps, I'd rather they'd manage to get the settings for PS4 to the PC's high equivalent than shoot for 60 fps.

Will_Lucky
06-19-2014, 12:52 AM
I was definitely expecting 1080p and 30fps from the start its all you need for an AC game really, but 60?

Hmm, oh right the source is Gamingbolt...lol right. Out of the window folks wait for someone trustworthy to actually say something.

ShadowSolaris7
06-19-2014, 01:05 AM
1080p 60fps would be cool see but I wouldn't mind 900p 60fps either, anyway I'm certain that the game will look amazing on PS4, X1 and PC.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 01:06 AM
If they have to downgrade either resolution or fps in order to achieve the graphics they are aiming for, then I'd much rather resolution takes the hit. Resolution isn't even a big factor, developers say that if you stand a few feet away from your TV, then maybe you can see the difference. The performance of the game is far more important to me. You can say 60fps isn't needed, but the frame rate has a much more noticeable impact than a few pixels - so I feel downgrading frame rate to keep a higher resolution is impractical to be frank.

That actually is for 4K HD not 720p and 1080p

I also like to play my games on a monitor which sits about 4 feet away from me.

But resolution and framerate are mostly just numbers anyway (well for FPS, anything past 30), graphical features are what I want.

But if the devs believe they can do it I'm sure that Unity can hit those numbers, but that's if the devs believe they can and this just isn't corporate trying to force their hand.

wvstolzing
06-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Could this kind of concern lead to a delay? Please no.....

My life sucks; I need my fantasy fix.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 01:18 AM
This isn't a fantasy game, this is a Historical Sci-Fi action/adventure game.

wvstolzing
06-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Oh, thanks.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 01:55 AM
That actually is for 4K HD not 720p and 1080p

I also like to play my games on a monitor which sits about 4 feet away from me.

But resolution and framerate are mostly just numbers anyway (well for FPS, anything past 30), graphical features are what I want.

But if the devs believe they can do it I'm sure that Unity can hit those numbers, but that's if the devs believe they can and this just isn't corporate trying to force their hand.

Er...nope.

You can totally feel 60fps, I used to think it was a myth but then I played a Tomb Raider PS4 and I immediately noticed the smoothness and responsiveness of everything; from the climbing to the shooting everything felt better. Same went with Wolfenstein: The New Order. If anything past 30 made a difference then why would developers bother pushing to 60 in the first place?

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 01:58 AM
I never said it doesn't make a difference. Just that it's mostly just a number.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 01:59 AM
And that means exactly what?

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:02 AM
That it's perfectly playable at 30 FPS

I play at less than 30 normally tbh.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 02:13 AM
That it's perfectly playable at 30 FPS

I play at less than 30 normally tbh.

Oh right. Fair enough, I'd just like 60fps but I'm not saying it's an absolute necessity. I just think resolution hardly matters at all really, I'm sure I read that bit about you not being able to tell the difference in resolutions unless close-up in an article about the pathetic 'resolution war'. So it wasn't about 4K, I'm pretty sure there's a really big difference between that and 1080p I mean it's 4x the pixels.

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:16 AM
If watch_dogs couldn't be 1080p 60fps on Ps4 I doubt Unity which isnt even last gen could be on the xbone of all things

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:17 AM
You wouldn't notice it much unless you have a really huge TV.

I don't even play on full 1080p, I play on a 1680x1050 resolution.

As I said, I think that resolution and framerate are pretty much just numbers, it's just a way for console gamers to fight about whatever platform they chose.

Most 1080p TVs upscale the output to 1080p anyway, which isn't as good but still...

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:18 AM
If watch_dogs couldn't be 1080p 60fps on Ps4 I doubt Unity which isnt even last gen could be on the xbone of all things

They run on different engines, it really depends on how the engine functions and how optimized it is. I'm fairly sure that Watch Dogs runs on a fairly new engine for Ubisoft, while Unity is running on an upgraded Anvil engine, maybe AnvilNext, or maybe it's something beyond AnvilNext, I dunno. But Ubi's been using the Anvil engine for ages so they have experience with it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:20 AM
Jexx stop using logic to counter my argument. I don't do well with logic. :rolleyes:

Sesheenku

Not necessarily, optimization is key here and Watch Dogs was cross platform, it likely has outdated code that isn't necessarily ideal for all platforms since their stuff is usually terrible optimized anyways.

If PS4 can't do it, it's even less likely that Xbone will do it, their specs are a bit weaker and their architecture is an oddity much like the PS3's was and we all saw what came of that, not even ACB runs at 30 fps constantly on PS3.

Shahkulu101

They are working exclusively with the new hardware though. They might have more time to figure out how to use it properly.

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:21 AM
@sesh

AC: B doesn't run 30fps on ps3? Underpowered peasants....

@shahk

I see...

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 02:21 AM
They are working exclusively with the new hardware though. They might have more time to figure out how to use it properly.

Not to mention they've just made changes to their already existing engine so it won't be as dramatic a shift engine wise as ACR to AC3 was.

@sesh

AC: B doesn't run 30fps on ps3? Underpowered peasants....

@shahk

I see...

It wasn't all PS3's fault, their architecture was just odd and difficult to program for, only exclusives made full use of it and got max fidelity and performance.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Mayrice this console peasant schtick is annoying, we're aware we're underpowered compared to PC.

We just aren't graphics *****s. Regarding things the PC can do other than graphics, most games will never be PC exclusive. The big ones, that people actually care about, so the overwhelming majority of games will be on the same level regarding everything but graphics and performance.

There are some PC exclusives that really take advantage of the hardware, like Arma and soon to be Star Citizen.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 02:27 AM
Mayrice this console peasant schtick is annoying, we're aware we're underpowered compared to PC.

We just aren't graphics *****s. Regarding things the PC can do other than graphics, most games will never be PC exclusive. The big ones, that people actually care about, so the games will mostly be on the same level regarding everything but graphics and performance.

There are some PC exclusives that really take advantage of the hardware, like Arma and soon to be Star Citizen.

I was really sad to not get to play Last of Us or God of War 3... Say what you will about GoW but the combat is always enjoyable imo and the thousands of cool rpg's that came out after I quit PS3.

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:30 AM
@shahk

way to take my comment seriously :rolleyes:

never understood why people actually get mad. if you really don't care why be offended at a joke? To me it shows hints of resent or envy.

I love my ps4 and wii u and dont get offended.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:31 AM

We just aren't graphics *****s. Regarding things the PC can do other than graphics, most games will never be PC exclusive. The big ones, that people actually care about, so the overwhelming majority of games will be on the same level regarding everything but graphics and performance.

I dunno, Civilization and Guild Wars 2 are pretty big in popularity, and they're PC exclusive.

Wolfmeister1010
06-19-2014, 02:32 AM
Yes Mayrice you are awesome but can you PLEASE stop. Like, mentioning how PC is better is fine but bringing it up ALL THE TIME in a hostile way is getting old.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think that at least in the PC version we will be able to control how far away the camera is? Because the camera is really damn far away in the demos.

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:36 AM
Don't see why this specific forum is so bothered by it. Nowhere else is like that when I make the jokes. Can't tell if overly offended or not. I wasn't even talking to others. just sesh.
Hm.

Well if people are annoyed, hm.

I guess I can see why it bothers but....

hm.

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 02:36 AM
I dunno, Civilization and Guild Wars 2 are pretty big in popularity, and they're PC exclusive.

No what I'm saying is that because games are mostly made for consoles, PC games and console games will always be on the same level regarding everything but graphics and performance. Except for the odd exception, like the PC exclusives that push to heights consoles literally cannot reach. Apart from that, being part if the master race means your games are just shinier and smoother. The actual content of the games does not favour PC. We aren't 'peasants' for God sake.

@Mayrice Yeah I know you're joking but:

1. It's getting old
2. I felt the need to say that.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:37 AM
It's because you over play your jokes.

You use them over and over again. I'm tired of seeing your PC master race crap along with the "lol floating terblatz gun dfeet jerner"

JustPlainQuirky
06-19-2014, 02:40 AM
Well then...

Apologies.

I'll just leave everyone be. That'll make it better for everyone.

Cheers.

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 02:41 AM
we're not trying to insult you mayrice

Wolfmeister1010
06-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Sorry May we aren't trying to gang up on you! We love you!

Shahkulu101
06-19-2014, 02:46 AM
Ya e'rrybudy lyk u May May

pirate1802
06-19-2014, 02:54 AM

I was going to say that since I'm a PC playa I don't care either way ..and then I saw this.

Do it Ubisoft! I know you can.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 02:55 AM
I was going to say that since I'm a PC playa I don't care either way ..and then I saw this.

Do it Ubisoft! I know you can.

My PC is too weak for this gen :(

I really hope they do it! Just for this game Ubi!

souNdwAve89
06-19-2014, 04:01 AM
It would be nice if it is true, but it does have a better chance since Unity is only on the new consoles and PC. I know Ubisoft said they wanted to polish the game more when they delayed Watch_Dogs, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did it to optimize the game on all platforms, which is why the graphics were downgraded.

Aphex_Tim
06-19-2014, 04:51 AM
@shahk

way to take my comment seriously :rolleyes:

never understood why people actually get mad. if you really don't care why be offended at a joke? To me it shows hints of resent or envy.

I love my ps4 and wii u and dont get offended.

Because after hearing it a bazillion times anywhere and everywhere on the internet, it tends to get really old. Almost nowhere can you mention you're a console player without people starting the PC master race shenanigans.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-19-2014, 05:51 AM
I'd prefer 900p/60fps but 1080p/30fps is also fine IMO. Especially since it's not as twitch sensitive as an FPS is. Especially now given that there's no competitive multiplayer. I feel like 60 fps would be hard to achieve even WITH a slight downgrade to resolution without sacrificing the crowds. I'd rather 900p/30fps if it means maximum crowd size and density.

That's one of my BIGGEST fears is that by the time of release, crowds will be downgraded... -___-

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 05:55 AM
I'd prefer 900p/60fps but 1080p/30fps is also fine IMO. Especially since it's not as twitch sensitive as an FPS is. Especially now given that there's no competitive multiplayer. I feel like 60 fps would be hard to achieve even WITH a slight downgrade to resolution without sacrificing the crowds. I'd rather 900p/30fps if it means maximum crowd size and density.

That's one of my BIGGEST fears is that by the time of release, crowds will be downgraded... -___-

They better ****ing not lol. The stealth won't be nearly as good without it.

killzab
06-19-2014, 07:36 AM

UBI please make it happen !!!! :o

Kagurra
06-19-2014, 08:28 AM
30fps is acceptable, but it shouldn't be. Yes, games can look good in 30fps, but that's only if you haven't played them in 60. They SHOULD target 60. If they can't make one of them, drop the 1080p and keep 60fps. Like some have said, lower res (900ish) and higher framerate is much better IMO. 60fps is so smooth in comparison, even to something like Infamous SS, which is a really smooth locked 30.

TotalBiscuit made a great video on the framerate debate. I'd recommend giving it a watch.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-19-2014, 09:07 AM
They better ****ing not lol. The stealth won't be nearly as good without it.

I'd be PISSED. Those crowds are the first crowds that truly makes me think "yeah, he could get lost in that crowd and leave the soldiers scratching their heads." If its gets stunted for retail... I may cry.

deskp
06-19-2014, 11:27 AM
I'd rather have better quality draw distance, than 60fps.

In the gameplay video you see alot of draw-in that looks like its get painted in with the spraycan from MS paint. and building not that far away looks horribly blocky, (like the notre dame when hes standing on the rooftop with the icons).

Remember in ac3 how bad the draw in was in that yeesh

AherasSTRG
06-19-2014, 11:38 AM
I am a PC gamer and, if the game is optimised enough to run at 1080p / 60 fps on consoles, then it just might be the first AAA Ubisoft game to actually be optimsied enough to run well on PCs.

However, it is pretty doubtful it will happen. The game's graphics showcased are far too impressive to actually make the dream of 60fps possible. Perhaps if they aimed for 900p, they could do it. For me it goes something like: framerate > graphical quality > resolution. Once you game in 60 once, you can never go back.

Kirokill
06-19-2014, 01:30 PM
I'd rather have better quality draw distance, than 60fps.

In the gameplay video you see alot of draw-in that looks like its get painted in with the spraycan from MS paint. and building not that far away looks horribly blocky, (like the notre dame when hes standing on the rooftop with the icons).

Remember in ac3 how bad the draw in was in that yeesh

This!
I would have better draw distance and quality as well, make's the world more beautiful.
I actually don't like 60 fps and prefer 30 over it, I just find it, well... Don't like much smooth movement.

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 03:10 PM
I am a PC gamer and, if the game is optimised enough to run at 1080p / 60 fps on consoles, then it just might be the first AAA Ubisoft game to actually be optimsied enough to run well on PCs.

However, it is pretty doubtful it will happen. The game's graphics showcased are far too impressive to actually make the dream of 60fps possible. Perhaps if they aimed for 900p, they could do it. For me it goes something like: framerate > graphical quality > resolution. Once you game in 60 once, you can never go back.

Meh not necessarily, if you were talking about the PS2 era yeah I couldn't play those games in 30 fps but AC games have fluid animation and the music and other related stuff isn't tied to frame rate and I can tell the diff between 30 and 60 but it's not that big of a deal.

As long as it doesn't have pop in and LoD textures as bad as AC2 I'm good.

I doubt they'll optimize it right, they never do for some bloody reason, I'm starting to think they're incapable.

AherasSTRG
06-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Meh not necessarily, if you were talking about the PS2 era yeah I couldn't play those games in 30 fps but AC games have fluid animation and the music and other related stuff isn't tied to frame rate and I can tell the diff between 30 and 60 but it's not that big of a deal.

Sometimes I think of that myself. But back when AC4 was released, because of the absence of tripple buffering (no tripple buffering in a AAA game of 2014, LOL), I played the first 4 sequences locked at 30 fps. It was okay, I mean, I could play and have fun with it, certainly. But it wasn't until I found out about the workaround with D3DOverrider that I started fully enjoying it.

pacmanate
06-19-2014, 05:33 PM

Yes Mayrice you are awesome but can you PLEASE stop. Like, mentioning how PC is better is fine but bringing it up ALL THE TIME in a hostile way is getting old.

On an unrelated note, do you guys think that at least in the PC version we will be able to control how far away the camera is? Because the camera is really damn far away in the demos.

It's because you over play your jokes.

You use them over and over again. I'm tired of seeing your PC master race crap along with the "lol floating terblatz gun dfeet jerner"

Thank you all

Dead1y-Derri
06-19-2014, 06:01 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/report-assassin-s-creed-unity-targeting-1080p-60fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/1100-6420580/

YEAH. RIGHT.

There is absolutely NO POSSIBLE WAY in HELL that they will be able to take a game wold of that level of detail, and make it run at 60fps. I seriously hope they aren't serious, and I hope they aren't making that a priority..because in order for an open world game of that size and detail to run at 60fps on CONSOLES would require a MASSIVE downgrade of visual fidelity and particles and details.

Why do you get on the offensive when you see an article that says a game will try to reach 60FPS/1080p? The Last of Us Remastered is said to be aiming for that target and so far reports are looking very positive and the game is due out very soon.

jayjay275
06-19-2014, 06:46 PM
Visuals > FPS (unless it is less than locked 30fps).

STDlyMcStudpants
06-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Oh... You have developed for next gen consoles and know their capabilities?
If God of War 3, AC 4 and GTA V can handle 30 FPS on the ps3... I don't see 1080p 60 fps as unrealistic..
Of course it wont get there... but i have faith it will be pretty close

Sesheenku
06-19-2014, 08:50 PM
If God of War 3, AC 4 and GTA V can handle 30 FPS on the ps3... I don't see 1080p 60 fps as unrealistic..

That sounds really ignorant.

God of War 3 is extremely confined with small levels, GTA V has graphics far inferior to the AC's, As for ac4 a big stretch of sea and sky isn't really difficult to render.

You don't need to develop for consoles to have knowledge of their capabilities... just simple computer knowledge.

Quite frankly it would be pretty impressive to see them hit it on what is essentially a mid range AMD card. However the magic of consoles is in how the CPU and GPU interact, they share resources exceptionally well. The way their designed is to quicken the passage of data between CPU and GPU and it's enough to enhance performance and keep costs down.

Sony has given players an extra treat by taking the risk to pay for and sell at a loss 4 gb VRAM, more than the average joes GPU today.

pacmanate
06-19-2014, 09:25 PM
Locked 30 is fine! As I said, Infamous second son did it well and if the animations are fluid, and they sure as hell are in Unity, it should be fine

ACfan443
06-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Why do you get on the offensive when you see an article that says a game will try to reach 60FPS/1080p? The Last of Us Remastered is said to be aiming for that target and so far reports are looking very positive and the game is due out very soon.

The Last of Us Remastered is also a linear cross gen title with dated PS3 infrastructure at its core. Attaining 1080p at a stable 60FPS is far more realistic and feasible for TLoU than it is for a fully next gen featured, open world title like Unity (hence the mild shock following the claims in the article). In fact, I would be more surprised if ND failed to get TLoU to render at 60FPS.

1080/60 is theoretically possible on any system - yes, even on ancient gen 6 hardware. A load of titles ran at 60FPS even on the PS2 and PS1. There's this common misconception that hardware is generally underpowered if it can't hit higher framerates, which is not entirely true - it's just a matter of whether or not developers are willing to prioritise framerate over visuals. The next breed of consoles will most likely receive a similar treatment to this generation's and those of the previous one, uber realistic 4K rendered pristine visuals but capped at the archaic 30Hz. If ACU were to hit 60FPS, it would probably have to result in a significant downgrade in the graphics department - and I'm not sure how the fans of franchise would feel about that.

Once again, if they do it without making any major alterations to its current visual form (enough to warrant a Watch Dogs tier fiasco), I'll shower them with nothing but praise. I don't see it happening though, and in all honesty I'm not overly fussed either since it's not essential for the kind of gameplay the AC franchise offers.

Dome500
06-19-2014, 10:50 PM
We have to keep in mind this is next gen only, not a cross gen title (WD for example was cross-gen)

Still I agree, regarding the track record of Ubisoft it is really hard to imagine everything will work that way without problems if they go for 60fps and 1080p

Jexx21
06-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I imagine frenchmen

Wolfmeister1010
06-19-2014, 11:54 PM

Because TLOU is an incredibly linear shooter and it is also quite short. It is not nearly as difficult to achieve 60 frames per second on a game that was built for ps3. It is an old engine. The same reason why old halo games can run on 60 fps on bone, because the more powerful machine coupled with the old engine makes it simple.

AC Unity not only uses a new engine specifically tweaked for next gen, but it is also a gigantic open world game.

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 12:05 AM
I wonder what Batman: Arkham Knight is aiming for. It is also going for a seamless open world, but with gliding and the batmobile you can traverse the city much faster than you'll be able to do in Unity. I'm guessing they might want to limit it to 30 FPS because of that.

AherasSTRG
06-20-2014, 12:10 AM
I wonder what Batman: Arkham Knight is aiming for. It is also going for a seamless open world, but with gliding and the batmobile you can traverse the city much faster than you'll be able to do in Unity. I'm guessing they might want to limit it to 30 FPS because of that.

Well, Arkham Knight's engine is Unreal powered and definitely not Unreal 4 powered, since developement on the game had started way before UE4 rentals started. So, the game must not be too heavy for either the GPU or the CPU.