PDA

View Full Version : How to re-play missions in AC4 Black Flag?

RegMcL
06-17-2014, 10:00 PM
As a long-time Assassin's Creed player, starting with the first AC1 game, I have to say that I am really enjoying playing AC4 Black Flag with its amazing graphics. I am now halfway through it. I recently did the Kingston assassin mission where you had to use the diving bell and then swim underwater to get to the Smugglers cave. Inside I found an Animus fragment visible behind a locked gate and seemingly no way to reach it, so I gave up on it and returned to the Jackdaw. I've since discovered how to reach the fragment and would like to replay that assassin mission to get it, but there doesn't seem to be an option to do this in the Progress Tracker, or anywhere else that I can see. Is it at all possible to re-play any mission, or not? I would much appreciate some help with this, as I am now thinking about re-starting the game from scratch!

Ferrith
06-17-2014, 10:33 PM
You can replay a mission from the Progress Tracker. The only time this is not possible is when you have started a sequence in the main mission.

sem1rek
06-17-2014, 10:33 PM
If I am correct, there is no need to replay mission. Just travel to the same place on the map, where you can use diving bell and enter cave again.

Ferrith
06-17-2014, 11:32 PM
Yes, you are correct. All those underwater places can be revisited as many times as you want.

RegMcL
06-18-2014, 04:56 PM
Thanks for your advice guys! I see now that it is possible to replay only the Main Sequences, but not the Assassin Contracts (after completion that is). Bit of a bummer not being able to collect all the Animus fragments. I believe there are 200 of them throughout the game, so what do you get as a reward for collecting them all anyway and is it worth it? I think I may re-play the game from the beginning after all!

Ureh
06-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Collecting all the Animus Fragments brings you one step closer to unlocking all the Animus Hacks (found in the Options menu). Animus Hacks, once activated, alter the gameplay in various ways (no reloading, affects weather, healthbar, dialogue, ship's crew, etc). Otherwise the fragments don't award anything else.

p.s. Just to clarify, you don't need to start a new file. You are still able to revisit that underwater area on your current save file and collect the fragment at your own convenience. The fragment is not connected to that assassination mission in anyway.

RegMcL
06-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks Ureh, but I still cannot find this particular animus fragment on the map, or the Smugglers' secret hideout (flooded mine workings). What island should it appear on? Is this another game bug?!

Ferrith
06-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks Ureh, but I still cannot find this particular animus fragment on the map, or the Smugglers' secret hideout (flooded mine workings). What island should it appear on? Is this another game bug?!

I am not sure (meaning: don't remember) if the animus fragments in underwater locations are shown on the map.
If I recall correctly, the underwater dens are San Juan, Ambergris Key and Anotto Bay. If you sail to those locations and use the diving bell you will remember which one exactly is. Plus, the number of fragments you need to collect will be shown on your screen.

Locopells
06-20-2014, 12:11 AM
The flooded mine workings are somewhere in the middle of the map, on the south side of one of the main landmasses.

RegMcL
06-22-2014, 10:39 PM
Thanks Ferrith! I found the animus fragment I was looking for at the Anotto Bay diving location, which is off the North coast of the island with Kingston on. I was looking in the wrong place before.
Thanks guys! (This thread can now be finished.)

Leo_2301
11-17-2014, 01:26 PM
It's too bad that Legendary Ships missions cannot be re-played again :(