PDA

View Full Version : Watch_Dogs should really cross over with AC...

killzab
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
After playing Watch_Dogs to the end... I don't think it's strong enough to justify a whole franchise like AC does. I think they should definitely merge the stories so that Watch_Dogs represents the modern aspect of AC while the actual modern day part of AC games will only contain some trivia and mini-games to expand the lore ( like in Black Flag). That way, we can have both modern and past fleshed out.

It doesn't seem too far-fetched with all the easter eggs and overall themes that both games share.

Juno could become some kind of worldwide virus infecting CTOs and cause Havok ( it would link to the whole "hacking" aspect of WD)
Blume can be associated with Abstergo... Aiden can join the assassins down the road ( and look something like this : :p

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2014/120/e/2/watch_dogs_wallpaper__with_regards__alternate__2__ by_mcnealy-d7gjxb1.jpg

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 10:35 AM
I don't think it's strong enough to justify a whole franchise like AC does

I think it is, it's just that the first game did an absolutely horrible job of proving it. I was expecting an epic story full of twists and turns that explore the ramifications of a world where everyone is being watched and one man can take control of an entire city, but it barely even touched on those themes. What we got was a generic "gruff hardass avenging dead girl" plot, with the most obvious plot twist imaginable.

I mean, Lucky f*cking Quinn, the main bad guy you just happened to be playing cat and mouse with for the entire game, was the one behind it all along, I NEVER would have guessed that :nonchalance:

It was entertaining enough, simply because of the supporting cast (practically every single character in the game was more compelling and memorable than anyone in the Pearce family) and I really enjoyed the gameplay, but they COMPLETELY dropped the ball with the amount of insane conspiracy theory stuff they could have used. It's just Taken with hacking. And no Liam Neeson.

deskp
06-16-2014, 10:47 AM
No no no. Watchdogs will sort itself out in the sequel.

HiddenKiller612
06-16-2014, 10:49 AM
and thus the reason why easter eggs from a franchise you've also created aren't entirely a good idea.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Assassin's Watch is already confirmed, it's Arno's.

http://s1.dmcdn.net/D9MoY/526x297--3S.jpg

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Assassin's Watch is already confirmed, it's Arno's.

http://s1.dmcdn.net/D9MoY/526x297--3S.jpg

Guess they'll have to go with Dogsassin's Weed then.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Guess they'll have to go with Dogsassin's Weed then.Dog Weed will do.

Perhaps a spin off? Puppy Dank.

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Dog Weed will do.

Perhaps a spin off? Puppy Dank.

Oh Yves

killzab
06-16-2014, 01:04 PM
I think it is, it's just that the first game did an absolutely horrible job of proving it. I was expecting an epic story full of twists and turns that explore the ramifications of a world where everyone is being watched and one man can take control of an entire city, but it barely even touched on those themes. What we got was a generic "gruff hardass avenging dead girl" plot, with the most obvious plot twist imaginable.

I mean, Lucky f*cking Quinn, the main bad guy you just happened to be playing cat and mouse with for the entire game, was the one behind it all along, I NEVER would have guessed that :nonchalance:

It was entertaining enough, simply because of the supporting cast (practically every single character in the game was more compelling and memorable than anyone in the Pearce family) and I really enjoyed the gameplay, but they COMPLETELY dropped the ball with the amount of insane conspiracy theory stuff they could have used. It's just Taken with hacking. And no Liam Neeson.

Indeed, but I just couldn't get interested in the whole "Blume conspiracy". I didn"t even understand it actually. And there were too many groups to keep track.

AC is simple : Assassins vs Templars.

They really need to make the plot more focused. Oh and improve Aiden or ditch him, though I think the whole trenchcoat + scarf + hat look is pretty iconic and should stay.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Indeed, but I just couldn't get interested in the whole "Blume conspiracy". I didn"t even understand it actually. And there were too many groups to keep track.

AC is simple : Assassins vs Templars.

They really need to make the plot more focused. Oh and improve Aiden or ditch him, though I think the whole trenchcoat + scarf + hat look is pretty iconic and should stay.

Well that's the problem though; there really was no Blume conspiracy throughout the story. I mean yeah, there were whisperings of something shady going on with T-Bone's ex-coworker (Rose, I think?) getting killed, but it wasn't until the very end that they revealed that Blume/Quinn engineered an entire relationship for Mayor Rushmore, based on information gathered from their spying, and actually caused him to create dirt for them to blackmail him with. THAT is some freaky conspiracy sh*t, and I would have LOVED to see the whole conspiracy angle given a better treatment in the story. Hell, they could have even had Aiden trying to avenge the lady the mayor killed (she could have been his sister or cousin or something) instead of his niece who was completely unrelated to the plot; that way they could get their precious cliche revenge story in there without forcing the Blume conspiracy onto the back burner to make room for it.

I think Aiden has the potential to be a cool character and I liked his voice actor (though a lot of people seemed not to) so I wouldn't mind seeing him again. But this time for the love of God let the man have his personality back. I get that they were going for the whole "mysterious guy suppressing his emotions because of tragedy" thing, but he killed Quinn and he said he was happy with his revenge. So let him sprout a personality, or turn the game over to Jordi or T-Bone.

killzab
06-16-2014, 02:01 PM
Well that's the problem though; there really was no Blume conspiracy throughout the story. I mean yeah, there were whisperings of something shady going on with T-Bone's ex-coworker (Rose, I think?) getting killed, but it wasn't until the very end that they revealed that Blume/Quinn engineered an entire relationship for Mayor Rushmore, based on information gathered from their spying, and actually caused him to create dirt for them to blackmail him with. THAT is some freaky conspiracy sh*t, and I would have LOVED to see the whole conspiracy angle given a better treatment in the story. Hell, they could have even had Aiden trying to avenge the lady the mayor killed (she could have been his sister or cousin or something) instead of his niece who was completely unrelated to the plot; that way they could get their precious cliche revenge story in there without forcing the Blume conspiracy onto the back burner to make room for it.

You can totally see Aiden was supposed to be the father and they changed it to this uncle/brother thing

GreySkellig
06-16-2014, 02:52 PM
I could see merging the universes, and I think some Watch Dogs style gameplay for the modern day would be cool, but they won't and shouldn't merge the IPs. Watch Dogs is a new series--give it a chance to develop. That said, I think Ubisoft is headed the wrong direction on Modern Day. We need more action, not less. They've already established hacking as central to the AC modern story, and they've linked the worlds by placing Abstergo employees in Chicago. I think it would be cool to have a hacking-centric modern component in 3rd person. Aiden could even make an appearance. But the two don't need to be combined.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 02:55 PM
On one hand I like Watch_Dogs to stay it's own unique IP...

On the other it plays almost exactly how I would imagine a modern day AC would work.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 03:05 PM
I honestly think it would be awesome if they just did that. Make Watch Dogs the MD part. just make Abstergo the baddies and pow! ACMD without it actually having to be AC. That way it stays it's own independent thing but can reference things that happened/are happening in AC. I would be perfectly ok with that

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:07 PM
Ehh I think that would upset the majority. Especially those sick of AC....

I say keep it as its own seperate IP

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Ehh I think that would upset the majority. Especially those sick of AC....

I say keep it as its own seperate IP

Upset the majority? Didn't we just go over that on another thread? MD fans aren't the majority they're at most only like 20% of the consumer base. And that 20% is shaky. And as long as they don't put actual assassins Templars or TOWCB crap in WD. Then it wouldn't be making it into AC. They would of course have to end the Juneau crap in ACU so that whole thing is finished. Then just aknowlegr the fact that AC and WD take place in the same universe. Add Abstergo as a bad corporation or something. And pow everyone's happy. I don't want watch dogs to become assassins. But if it were in the same universe and picked up after he AC MD ends then id be happy. Aiden and his friends take down the evil Abstergo industries! Without getting caught up in the assassin v Templar stuff because that should be over by then. Of if not over it should be unknown to aiden and the rest of the world.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:18 PM
I meant it would upset the majority of watch_dogs fans who probably dont like AC modern day.

Or don't like AC at all.

killzab
06-16-2014, 03:22 PM
On one hand I like Watch_Dogs to stay it's own unique IP...

On the other it plays almost exactly how I would imagine a modern day AC would work.

It just lacks some verticality and parkour skills.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 03:27 PM
I meant it would upset the majority of watch_dogs fans who probably dont like AC modern day.

Or don't like AC at all.

Oh. Well if it went down like I proposed and didn't change the series or force it to literally become Assassins Creed:WD. I don't think many would mind. And also AC sells far bigger numbers than WD and it hasn't really been around long enough to have a fan base near as big as AC. So I don't see how Ubi would stand to lose anything from that decision. Idk why anyone would complain at all. It's not like I'm saying they should give aiden hidden blades and a hood. Just share a universe and pick up the fight against Abstergo where AC will leave off. Basically a spin off series rather than a merger is what I'd like to see.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-16-2014, 03:37 PM

Or don't like AC at all.

I haven't played Watch Dogs yet, but I could care less about the MD story TBH so it doesnt make a difference to me. They can just continue trying to destroyed Juno lol

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:43 PM
LOL I just realized. Whether or not AC Modern day merges with W_D, Juno would still be defeated by a touch screen device. :rolleyes:

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 04:20 PM
No.

And Mayrice, your jokes about a tablet aren't funny.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:36 PM
Was more of a realization than a joke.

Though it's clear someone's jimmies have been rustled today.

@humble

agreed

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 04:40 PM
No, I mean, I highly doubt we'll be using a tablet for the AI in modern day's other than Black Flag

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 06:08 PM
It just lacks some verticality and parkour skills.

Which would just make it modern day AC, which is what it isn't

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 06:11 PM
Which would just make it modern day AC, which is what it isn't

Still don't get why Aiden can't jump the tiniest of gaps though, why isn't there a jump button for the love of Godzio.

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 06:14 PM
Still don't get why Aiden can't jump the tiniest of gaps though, why isn't there a jump button for the love of Godzio.

cuz Godzio said so

Kakuzu745
06-16-2014, 06:59 PM
No thx...if Watch Dogs is not strong enough to be a franchise (which IDK because I just ordered it) it is its problem.I do not see the need or how it would benefit AC to merge with WD.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Watch Dogs' is strong enough, considering it's sales numbers.

Hans684
06-16-2014, 07:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zxl58Pv.jpg?1

pirate1802
06-16-2014, 07:17 PM
No thx...if Watch Dogs is not strong enough to be a franchise

Funny thing is that people would probably have said the same thing about Assassins Creed back in 2007.

Kakuzu745
06-16-2014, 08:16 PM
Funny thing is that people would probably have said the same thing about Assassins Creed back in 2007.

I said that because OP put it in that context...truth be told I have no clue since I have not played the game.

Whether if it is strong or not, my view is the same...they should not be merged.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM

I expect it will be just like AC, the next Watch Dogs will be absolutely amazing. It's precisely like AC1 a collection of excellent ideas not entirely executed perfectly, if they listen to the fans they'll have another major success on their hands and they always listen.

killzab
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I expect it will be just like AC, the next Watch Dogs will be absolutely amazing. It's precisely like AC1 a collection of excellent ideas not entirely executed perfectly, if they listen to the fans they'll have another major success on their hands and they always listen.

If you're right then yeah I agree Watch Dogs can keep being Watch Dogs.

But they need to massively improve the writing

Ureh
06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm kinda hoping that they at least maintain the easter eggs related to AC. But otherwise keep the games totally separate.

Sushiglutton
06-16-2014, 09:12 PM
I think the way they are currently doing it, with some easter eggs, is cool. Don't want everything to become the same franchise, would add annoying constraints.