PDA

View Full Version : How is the story going to work in AC Unity?

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 05:37 AM
Are the four characters we see in the trailer going to be the main characters? Will the other three still be around if playing single player? If so how will they be integrated in without others playing them and will we be missing any story content if not playing with others? This is the first AC where I don't really know who the main character is or how things are going to work.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:40 AM
Technically there are no other characters, those characters are your friends who are playing as Arno, who you see with all their gear but with a different face.

The main character and the only assassin character is Arno. The others are just part of the brotherhood. Everyone plays as Arno on their screen though while you see a random face rather than Arno's.

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 05:43 AM
Technically there are no other characters, those characters are your friends who are playing as Arno, who you see with all their gear but with a different face.

Ah that makes a lot of sense. I was worried is was going to be along the lines of Dead Space 3 with it's co-op, having a main character as the co-op partner and if you don't play co-op you miss out on dialogue and content. Glad to know this isn't the case! Will it be addressed at all as to why it's four of you taking on missions, not just one?

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:45 AM
Ah that makes a lot of sense. I was worried is was going to be along the lines of Dead Space 3 with it's co-op, having a main character as the co-op partner and if you don't play co-op you miss out on dialogue and content. Glad to know this isn't the case! Will it be addressed at all as to why it's four of you taking on missions, not just one?

Those missions are separate from the main storyline and are by no means required.

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 05:47 AM
Those missions are separate from the main storyline and are by no means required.

You talking about AC: U or Dead Space 3? :P

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 05:52 AM
Are the four characters we see in the trailer going to be the main characters? Will the other three still be around if playing single player? If so how will they be integrated in without others playing them and will we be missing any story content if not playing with others? This is the first AC where I don't really know who the main character is or how things are going to work.

OK.. Arno is the main character.. They just showed 4 in the cgi trailer to showcase the Co op in Unity. When you join your other 3 friends you see yourself as Arno and you see the other 3 players as what they have customised their robes as and a changed face.. so everyone sees themselves as Arno but look different to the other players. The Co op is separate brotherhood side missions that you can play.. if you dont have friends you can do it alone just by yourself... after you finish the the missions you will be transported back to the city and you will be able to free roam and have fun with your friends at will.

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 05:58 AM
OK.. Arno is the main character.. They just showed 4 in the cgi trailer to showcase the Co op in Unity. When you join your other 3 friends you see yourself as Arno and you see the other 3 players as what they have customised their robes as and a changed face.. so everyone sees themselves as Arno but look different to the other players. The Co op is separate brotherhood side missions that you can play.. if you dont have friends you can do it alone just by yourself... after you finish the the missions you will be transported back to the city and you will be able to free roam and have fun with your friends at will.

Oh that's neat! Will there still be there normal multiplayer? Do we have any information on the single player campaign apart from it being set during the French Revolution?

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Oh that's neat! Will there still be there normal multiplayer? Do we have any information on the single player campaign apart from it being set during the French Revolution?

The map is 3x larger than all the landmasses of AC4 and is the biggest city they have built
We play as Arno Dorian is an orphaned for a while after something happens

No there will not be original multiplayer.. But all the side content and free roam you can do with your co op buddies easily makes up for it. In the Co op there will be difficulty levels and the brotherhood missions will get more challenging for you and your friends to complete.

Combat, Parkour and basically everything has been revamped.

You can unlock skill points to upgrade your assassin to suit your play style and there are also a lot of weapon and clothing choices all of your upgrades carry on to the free roam co op so you can show off all your new gear and robes to your friends.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:10 AM
Mani don't change your set until Comet is revealed.:rolleyes:

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 06:12 AM
No the competitive multiplayer will not be part of Unity. They said that they might add it next year per DLC though.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Mani don't change your set until Comet is revealed.:rolleyes:

Hahaha I wont. My avatar and sig go together so good.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:17 AM
*well :rolleyes:

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:26 AM
*well :rolleyes:

Ok you little munchkin YOUR avatar and YOUR well crafted gifs.. But i provided the images hahah

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:41 AM
But it was the man himself who provided the awesome reaction. :cool:

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:43 AM
Yes he is the myth... he is the man.... he is the legend

http://i.imgur.com/ze20FrZ.gif

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:46 AM
But most importantly....

http://i.imgur.com/BgzB4Nu.gif
He knows...

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:49 AM
But most importantly....

http://i.imgur.com/BgzB4Nu.gif
He knows...

He does Mayrice.... He sure does. His firey powers are beyond us...

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:52 AM
He draws his firey power from the Comet itself.

edit:

Guess who beat your post count? :cool:

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:53 AM
He draws his firey power from the Comet itself.

edit:

Guess who beat your post count? :cool:

His inner strength to not speak also comes from the comet. His death stare is also the comets influence.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:56 AM
Just looked up comet.

They're made of ice, not fire.

The All-knowing Man confirmed to have ice powers.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 07:00 AM
I heard laser beams come out of his eyes if you continually ask him about comet.. The interviewer was lucky to escape alive

And dont worry mayrice.. when you are asleep i will get to work in beating your post count :rolleyes:

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 07:01 AM
The map is 3x larger than all the landmasses of AC4 and is the biggest city they have built
We play as Arno Dorian is an orphaned for a while after something happens

No there will not be original multiplayer.. But all the side content and free roam you can do with your co op buddies easily makes up for it. In the Co op there will be difficulty levels and the brotherhood missions will get more challenging for you and your friends to complete.

Combat, Parkour and basically everything has been revamped.

You can unlock skill points to upgrade your assassin to suit your play style and there are also a lot of weapon and clothing choices all of your upgrades carry on to the free roam co op so you can show off all your new gear and robes to your friends.

Oh um... why was the original multiplayer removed? I thought it was quite good.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 07:03 AM
Oh um... why was the original multiplayer removed? I thought it was quite good.

Because It was a whole different system from the single player and it wasn't seamless enough apparently ad didn't fit in with what unity was about.

Have you watched the gameplay videos yet?

CurlicuedStorm5
06-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Because It was a whole different system from the single player and it wasn't seamless enough apparently ad didn't fit in with what unity was about.

Have you watched the gameplay videos yet?

I've seen both the single player and co-op gameplay demo's from E3.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 07:14 AM
I heard laser beams come out of his eyes if you continually ask him about comet.. The interviewer was lucky to escape alive

And dont worry mayrice.. when you are asleep i will get to work in beating your post count :rolleyes:

http://i.imgur.com/cv8tozc.gif

phoenix-force411
06-16-2014, 07:17 AM
I think you can customize Arno's facial hair too.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 11:03 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cv8tozc.gif

Ok that one gets you a medal.

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 11:18 AM
You two are going off topic way to much. You just took the whole of page too and now you've started again.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 11:33 AM
You two are going off topic way to much. You just took the whole of page too and now you've started again.

Have you seen the 2 fat long essays I wrote for this guy explaining everything? Now let me enjoy myself. No one was really talking here anyway and the mods can feel free to lock the thread anytime if they think the question has been answered properly.

Locopells
06-16-2014, 01:28 PM
Assuming no one else want to debate the question...