PDA

View Full Version : My theory: Helix and You

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 04:17 AM
So apparently "I" am no longer an Abstergo employee, but rather I'm the actual me, the gamer who bought AC Unity. Amancio recently said that Helix is an upgrade to Animus tech, but didn't specify further. So what I'm thinking is that Helix is a new gaming console released by Abstergo, and Unity is a game based on whitewashed memories of Arno's life. So canonically, it'll be us playing Unity on our Helixes, but through someone else's meddling (maybe Shaun and Rebecca considering they were smuggling crap out of Abstergo in AC4) we're able to see more than Abstergo wanted us to see. Maybe the Assassins or Erudito hacked Abstergo's Helix network so everyone who plays Unity can see the actual, untampered memories, exposing the Assassin/Templar war to the public?

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:20 AM
So apparently "I" am no longer an Abstergo employee, but rather I'm the actual me, the gamer who bought AC Unity. Amancio recently said that Helix is an upgrade to Animus tech, but didn't specify further. So what I'm thinking is that Helix is a new gaming console released by Abstergo, and Unity is a game based on whitewashed memories of Arno's life. So canonically, it'll be us playing Unity on our Helixes, but through someone else's meddling (maybe Shaun and Rebecca considering they were smuggling crap out of Abstergo in AC4) we're able to see more than Abstergo wanted us to see. Maybe the Assassins or Erudito hacked Abstergo's Helix network so everyone who plays Unity can see the actual, untampered memories, exposing the Assassin/Templar war to the public?

Hm but how would that help their cause, they went underground for a reason after all, inevitably people will take sides if they knew, then they'd be flocking to Templar and Assassin bases, revealing the locations to both factions and just leading to a massacre.

I'd rather think that the hacked console is for "you" specifically and that later "you" will become a named character after received training from the hacked console game.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 04:22 AM
Helix just makes me think of a bee hive for some reason.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 04:25 AM
Hm but how would that help their cause, they went underground for a reason after all, inevitably people will take sides if they knew, then they'd be flocking to Templar and Assassin bases, revealing the locations to both factions and just leading to a massacre.

I'd rather think that the hacked console is for "you" specifically and that later "you" will become a named character after received training from the hacked console game.

You're right, the Assassins wouldn't want to be exposed, btu Erudito wouldn't care about people taking sides. They've been trying to expose the Templars ever since they first appeared in the games, and this would be the proof they needed to keep from sounding like loony conspiracy theorists.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:32 AM
You're right, the Assassins wouldn't want to be exposed, btu Erudito wouldn't care about people taking sides. They've been trying to expose the Templars ever since they first appeared in the games, and this would be the proof they needed to keep from sounding like loony conspiracy theorists.

This is true, they'd have to reveal only the Templar parts of course.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 04:33 AM
Well my thoughts is that it will be like AC Liberation. And we are literally paying an Abstergo product on our consoles at home. The Helix being the new genetic memory game console by Abstergo. It's not 3rd person it's not a 1st person floating iPad. But rather the characters. Specifically Shaun and Rebecca and Juneau. Will talk directly with you either with just audio or maybe like a skype thing. Perhaps it may even be interactive with kinect or PSmove where we have to say something back or nod our head or something.

And my guess is that Shaun and Rebecca removed the Abstergo censoring so you can see the truth. And Juneau will be trying to find a human form somewhere. Us maybe? And I would bet that a lot of the modern day will take place either in between sequences where a load screen used to be. Or mixed in with the historic world. Like the glyphs of AC2. So that way you are never brought out of the historic game(because the majority of AC players that aren't die hard fans hate being taken away to deal with MD which they really don't care about) but still get MD plot advancement. Anyway that's my guess.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Will Helix be my friend and get me a soda when I complete optional objectives?

I think Helix and me sounds like a kids cartoon about a toddler with an oddly sophisticated vocabulary and IQ who finds solace in his equally intelligent and misunderstood robot dog - whom he created himself and spends everyday going on wacky adventures after school

Gag idea: he's never in for dinner because he has to buy special oil from the moon to keep Helix alive!

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Well my thoughts is that it will be like AC Liberation. And we are literally paying an Abstergo product on our consoles at home. The Helix being the new genetic memory game console by Abstergo. It's not 3rd person it's not a 1st person floating iPad. But rather the characters. Specifically Shaun and Rebecca and Juneau. Will talk directly with you either with just audio or maybe like a skype thing. Perhaps it may even be interactive with kinect or PSmove where we have to say something back or nod our head or something.

And my guess is that Shaun and Rebecca removed the Abstergo censoring so you can see the truth. And Juneau will be trying to find a human form somewhere. Us maybe? And I would bet that a lot of the modern day will take place either in between sequences where a load screen used to be. Or mixed in with the historic world. Like the glyphs of AC2. So that way you are never brought out of the historic game(because the majority of AC players that aren't die hard fans hate being taken away to deal with MD which they really don't care about) but still get MD plot advancement. Anyway that's my guess.

The only time I didn't hate it was in AC3 but honestly... that's partially because the MD was actually decent and the historical game was at an all time low.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 04:38 AM
Will Helix be my friend and get me a soda when I complete optional objectives?

I think Helix and me sounds like a kids cartoon about a toddler with an oddly sophisticated vocabulary and IQ who finds solace in his equally intelligent and misunderstood robot dog - whom he created himself and spends everyday going on wacky adventures after school

Gag idea: he's never in for dinner because he has to buy special oil from the moon to keep Helix alive!

Calvin and Hob- I mean Helix

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 04:40 AM
And to everyone mocking the Helix name. It comes from that fact that you are replaying genetic memories. The double helix is the iconic shape of DNA. Thus the Helix interface makes perfect sense. Do people really not know what it is? Lol

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 04:40 AM
Calvin and Hob- I mean Helix

Haha I honestly didn't know that was a thing I'm just suffering from a bout of insomnia at the moment and well you're mind goes places

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Haha I honestly didn't know that was a thing I'm just suffering from a bout of insomnia at the moment and well you're mind goes places

Have a pint or two till you crash lol.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:51 AM
honestly the idea of playing as "me" is kind of stupid.

Because no matter what i will always distance myself from the entity I am controlling. Even if that entity is a floating iPad.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 04:55 AM
honestly the idea of playing as "me" is kind of stupid.

Because no matter what i will always distance myself from the entity I am controlling. Even if that entity is a floating iPad.

I honestly believe that we wont even have a first person iPad deal anymore either. I don't even think you will explore a MD world. I really think the MD will be aimed at you the player as if you just purchased an Abstergo game and Shaun and Rebecca are trying to get your help. It won't be you playing as anyone(other than Arno of course). And the rest is literally aimed directly at you sitting at home playing the game in the real world.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 04:56 AM
That would be REALLY stupid if it was just me purchasing an abstergo game.

Might as well not include modern day at all at that point.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 05:00 AM
I want to have this relationship with my Helix:

http://youtu.be/D8pUe1QZDYM

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:07 AM
That would be REALLY stupid if it was just me purchasing an abstergo game.

Might as well not include modern day at all at that point.
I really think that's what their ultimate goal is. As soon as they resolve this whole Juneau thing I really think they will try to ditch MD completely and focus on Historic stories with the Helix interface. In all seriousness the MD parts are usually considered the worst part of AC and tend to be reviewed very poorly and gain negative feedback from a lot of gamers. Especially casuals who are expecting pirates or American revolution. And then have to deal with some convoluted disjointed half unexplained MD story already in progress they were dropped into the middle of that gets nowhere and they really don't care about. I really never hear good things about it almost anywhere except here among the extreme die hard fans.

Even I consider myself a die hard fan and even I think MD has outlived it's usefulness. Now it just has no point or direction. It's impossible to follow and just really isn't interesting or fun any more. I never really liked it as much as the historic parts anyway. And with each new game I start to like it less and less. I'm getting to a point where I'm really starting to hate it and find it annoying. I mean all the wasted time they use on MD could be used to make the stories better.

I mean imagine an AC3 where they didn't have to worry about the MD BS. All of the plot holes could have been filled. They could have added a few sequences and made the story jump less and gone more in depth explaining thing. Making the story flow smoother and not seem so rushed or forced in some places.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:08 AM
And to everyone mocking the Helix name. It comes from that fact that you are replaying genetic memories. The double helix is the iconic shape of DNA. Thus the Helix interface makes perfect sense. Do people really not know what it is? Lol

People were mocking it?

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:17 AM
People were mocking it?

Yeah sort of people saying it sounds like a comic strip or a robot. I mean honestly am I the only one who payed attention in middle school and high school biology/science classes? Does Watson and Crick, 1950s, discovery of DNA and the double helix model not ring a bell with anyone? DNA's shape is a double helix structure. Thus it makes perfect sense that the interface be called helix since the memories come from DNA. Literally coming from a helix!

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah sort of people saying it sounds like a comic strip or a robot. I mean honestly am I the only one who payed attention in middle school and high school biology/science classes? Does Watson and Crick, 1950s, discovery of DNA and the double helix model not ring a bell with anyone? DNA's shape is a double helix structure. Thus it makes perfect sense that the interface be called helix since the memories come from DNA. Literally coming from a helix!

I remember and I must say I don't remember a lot lol.

Vocabulary is the only thing that stays with me, little facts like that tend not to stick but I remember what a helix is, if you had asked me who discovered and when I probably wouldn't have been able to get that information out of the back of my head though lol.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Still a good name for a robot

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 05:29 AM
Modern day would be better if it was more than just a use for exposition.

Make the characters feel more lively. Make the world more alive rather than going through secluded pre-determined segments. Make the gameplay akin to the ancestor's life with plenty of variety and fun.

Make it more than just a Hub.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 05:37 AM

Make the characters feel more lively. Make the world more alive rather than going through secluded pre-determined segments. Make the gameplay akin to the ancestor's life with plenty of variety and fun.

Judging by the fact that they said female models for assassins would cost double the assets (and it would) I doubt they're willing to create a quality modern experience without sacrificing a part of the historical part.

They'd need more high quality level design, new clothing models in modern style and to basically do the insane amount of work they've already done. It'd probably be like making Unity twice over. It would be nice but I understand why they don't do it, they know which part of the game is the real game seller and they can't risk sacrificing the historical part, I'd be upset myself to lose any historical parts.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 05:38 AM

But then what's the point of the historic setting? It would be neglected so much just to create a modern world it would really be pointless and rather sucky since all the energy would be wasted on MD so why have history at all at that point. Wouldn't that game just become Watch_Dogs basically?

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:03 AM
You have a point Bmark.

Modern Day Assassin's Creed pls.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 06:04 AM
You have a point Bmark.

Modern Day Assassin's Creed pls.

No u stop that. I need my historical creed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:05 AM
Fine.

An assassin's creed game that takes place 1 week in the past. :rolleyes:

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Fine.

An assassin's creed game that takes place 1 week in the past. :rolleyes:

Clever bastard... No loopholes!

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 06:20 AM
How cool would it have been if we play as Arno in the past and have our whole massive open world and then our whole out of Animus experience is basically watch dogs but your an Assassin in modern day. So two open worlds lol.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:20 AM
It might feel a bit cluttered and confusing.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 06:28 AM
I actually think that they should make a futuristic Assassin's Creed some day. I mean, Civilization (a historical strategy game) is getting Civilization: Beyond Earth (a sci-fi strategy game) so why not?

It's not like a sci-fi Assassin's Creed wouldn't sell, it would. although I suppose it would just be Splinter Cell: Blacklist with an Assassin's Creed skin.

Actually... Splinter Cell: Blacklist with an Assassin's Creed skin probably would have sold better than Blacklist actually did.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 06:45 AM
I'd love for it to happen but it never will.

I think i saw in an interview Ubi always makes it so AC takes place the day you get the game. (or the day of release, really)

So no futuristic assassin anytime soon.

As cool as this would have been:

http://i.imgur.com/zBGctML.jpg

maybe as joke DLC like Far Cry: Blood Dragon?

Dag_B
06-16-2014, 06:46 AM
If you assume that the real Abstergo Cooperation page has anything to do with the events of the game - the assassin's have just been exposed a few days ago:

Abstergo - Attention Readers (http://abstergo.org/2014/06/14/2063/)

Dear Readers,There have been a series of murders, break-ins of our buildings and thefts towards our employees. Each time an attack is carried out we lose valuable time on our projects. This means that you, the public, lose out on valuable research in science, technology medicine and other fields. That cure you need may be delayed a year, too late for many people. We are asking the public for help in catching the culprits. These dangerous people call themselves the Assassin Brotherhood. Often wearing white hoodies and hiding their faces. If you have any information on this terrorist organization or the people who are in it, please call Abstergo or the police. On behalf of Abstergo, we would like to thank you in your support of our safety and research.
Abstergo: Live Better
Or at least are very close to it, as at least the name of the brotherhood is mentioned and how they dress. Might be the introduction to some hunt on them.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 06:55 AM
If you assume that the real Abstergo Cooperation page has anything to do with the events of the game - the assassin's have just been exposed a few days ago:

Abstergo - Attention Readers (http://abstergo.org/2014/06/14/2063/)

Or at least are very close to it, as at least the name of the brotherhood is mentioned and how they dress. Might be the introduction to some hunt on them.

They could, y'know... stop wearing hoodies :rolleyes:

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 07:00 AM
For me personally the historic part of AC is what gives it it's appeal. I mean how many other game series drop you right into another time and culture and let's you meet some of the most important people in history? Pretty much none! If AC went full modern it would all be just a bunch if sci fi hocus pocus wrapped up in yet another modern day open world GTA ripoff game. I want to see amazing things the way they happened and experience events like the French Revolution. I really have no interest in what an imaginary Juneau is doing nor do I care. And I care even less if it was all centered around a bunch of made up stuff in a modern city.

I mean watch dogs looks good but it doesn't have the whole first civ sci if nonsense to make it stupid. I'd rather just play watch dogs than make an exact duplicate with a dumber concept and label it AC47 modern warfare roman mythology extravaganza! Just to make some small group of people that think AC should go modern happy. Seriously just play watch dogs and pretend it's AC. I mean they're pretty much unofficially the same universe anyway lol

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 07:01 AM
For me personally the historic part of AC is what gives it it's appeal. I mean how many other game series drop you right into another time and culture and let's you meet some of the most important people in history? Pretty much none! If AC went full modern it would all be just a bunch if sci fi hocus pocus wrapped up in yet another modern day open world GTA ripoff game. I want to see amazing things the way they happened and experience events like the French Revolution. I really have no interest in what an imaginary Juneau is doing nor do I care. And I care even less if it was all centered around a bunch of made up stuff in a modern city.

I mean watch dogs looks good but it doesn't have the whole first civ sci if nonsense to make it stupid. I'd rather just play watch dogs than make an exact duplicate with a dumber conce

Yup, exactly, a fully modern AC would be a massive disappointment to me. I wouldn't even consider buying it.

Locopells
06-16-2014, 10:08 AM

Don't worry, I got the reference!

sem1rek
06-16-2014, 10:25 AM
I know it too, however problem is, in my native language word for "helix" is very very different from the english one (it's "šroubovice") :D And I did not try to translate it. At least I know what is helix :cool: Or "šroubovice" in my case :D

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 11:40 AM
This is kinda what I suggested, that Helix is the entertainment system thats been fully released to the market.

TheHumanTowel
06-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Oh my god this whole releasing the Animus as a games console is just the stupidest thing ever. Genetic memory technology is now public. Countless questions about history can be answered beyond doubt. And this technology is instead used as an entertainment console and no one seems to realise there's implications for seeing history through the eyes of a primary source beyond making a fecking video game.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Oh my god this whole releasing the Animus as a games console is just the stupidest thing ever. Genetic memory technology is now public. Countless questions about history can be answered beyond doubt. And this technology is instead used as an entertainment console and no one seems to realise there's implications for seeing history through the eyes of a primary source beyond making a fecking video game.

This is the least of my gripes with the modern day story, trust me.

TheHumanTowel
06-16-2014, 11:52 AM
This is the least of my gripes with the modern day story, trust me.
It's painfully obvious they've written themselves into a corner. I mean if this is true now we won't even be getting out of the animus. The Juno storyline will progress at a snail's pace.

Farlander1991
06-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Insane amount of resources.

I honestly think AC4 is the most qualitative Modern Day as it takes advantage of the resources that can be allocated to Modern Day.
Assassin's Creed III, the one with THE most money and people spent on MD has got only 3 modern day levels. Plus a hub.
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has got whole TWO modern day levels, thanks to a great reuse of historical assets.
Assassin's Creed Revelations, II and the very first game all have very small modern day segments. The most extensive part of ACR modern day is the first person platforming thing, one of the reason being - it's more costefficient to make (and, ironically enough, it also features the most character development Desmond has ever got in all of the previous games). Also, Desmond has got more character development in AC4 than he's got in AC3. And Vidic has got more character development in AC4 than in the whole Desmond saga.

You may not like the approach (in all honesty, I too would prefer 3rd person gameplay in Modern Day), but a traditional 3rd person narrative is not the only way to tell qualitative stories. And AC1-3 modern day story is good on a paper synopsis, but implementation is not exactly quality.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Oh God if this helix gaming console thing is true I am going to flip...The very very LEAST i am expecting from Ubisoft is a 1st person modern day protagonist in an Assassin HQ.. If they pull some stupid game inside a game thing Modern day will be dead to me.

frodrigues55
06-16-2014, 12:25 PM
As if Black Flag's present day wasn't immersion breaking enough, they are going and extra mile to ruin everything. I wish they just stopped with this Animus/Helix thing if they are not going to give us proper present day anymore.

It's completly ruining the way I invest in the historical pieces, I want to feel like I am playing a that time, not as someone playing at that time. That's already what I am. It's an usuless extralayer that stands between me and the game.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 12:41 PM
MD used to be probably my favourite thing about the series, now it's a burden and I almost want it gone.

I'd much prefer them to just scrap everything and just have good stories in historical periods.

The games can interlock and stuff, but modern day really is getting less important with each installment.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Oh God if this helix gaming console thing is true I am going to flip...The very very LEAST i am expecting from Ubisoft is a 1st person modern day protagonist in an Assassin HQ.. If they pull some stupid game inside a game thing Modern day will be dead to me.

Technically they already did that with Liberation ;p

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Technically they already did that with Liberation ;p

Didn't play it... I just don't know what to expect from the modern day anymore.. Im through arguing and complaining about it because Ubisoft just doesn't care about the modern day fanbase.. Darby even said it himself "We dont pay much attention to the forumers because they dont represent the whole fan base"

Farlander1991
06-16-2014, 01:09 PM
Darby even said it himself "We dont pay much attention to the forumers because they dont represent the whole fan base"

Except he didn't say "We dont pay much attention to the forumers". Why do people keep putting words in Darby's mouth?

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Except he didn't say "We dont pay much attention to the forumers". Why do people keep putting words in Darby's mouth?

Same Crap isn't it? I saw It a long time ago so my mids a bit hazy about it .. But he said something about "The people on the forums love the modern day, but we dont pay too much attention to them because they represent a small fanbase"

Farlander1991
06-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Same Crap isn't it? I saw It a long time ago so my mids a bit hazy about it .. But he said something about "The people on the forums love the modern day, but we dont pay too much attention to them because they represent a small fanbase"

Here's Darby post where he talks about forummers not representing the whole fanbase.

I did not say "its hard" as in "nobody wanted to make the effort." Its hard because the structure of our development process makes it difficult to plan an ongoing serial in the present day. Production realities just made it impossible to keep it going the way we originally formulated in 2006. That is a reality I cannot change. And so rather than complain about it, we have reconceptualized the present day to make this ongoing serial more feasable... and more self-contained for each game. And so, as I wrote to someone earlier -- we would rather tell a good story well, rather than tell a great story poorly.

Also, as I explained in an earlier post, when you split a game into two time periods, you essential require the team to make twice as many game assets ... this is anincredible waste of resources. If we focused on just one time period, we could use those resources to polish and improve the main game. This is why the Modern Day sections always felt a little underdeveloped in each game. We always focus on the historical aspect first, because it is hands down the most interesting piece of the puzzle for us, and the most popular aspect of the series. The Historical stories are the reason we make these games. This has been the case since AC2... ever since we realized very few people wanted a 50/50 present-past split.

Of course fan opinions matter. But you cannot pretend that fans are unified around your opinion. The hard reality is this: the modern day portions of the AC franchise are not nearly as popular with 80 percent of people who buy our games. We know this because we do a lot of research. Some hardcore fans have a somwhat skewed idea about what is popular because they gather in forums and band together and reinforce each other's beliefs ... and so it gives them the impression that the modern day is incredibly popular, that it is "the main story". But polls, data tracking, and reading reviews tell us time and time again the historical settings are why people buy these games. (And please do not write a rebuttle that pits "real fans" against "noobs"... I don't dig that kind of elitism. I hear that too much.)

That being said, WE do believe in the modern day (we wouldn't have created Initiates if we didn't) but we are going to reformulate it in a way that makes more sense and does not break the flow of the historical stories... which has, since AC2, been the focus of most of our efforts. And in fact the Modern Day setting of AC4 got some very positive responses from people who previously hated it. So we think we found a good balance. I do feel bad for the people who absolutely loved the Desmond story, but to do that justice we would have had to dedicate a game solely to him. I don't think his story was ever told in a satisfying way in most of the games. They were just bite-sized chunks. This is why I wrote all the desmond memos in AC4... I wanted fans to have some better closure with him.

1. Point me where he says they don't pay attention to them.
2. If they don't pay attention to them as you say, why the **** would they try to have fans of the modern day specifically have better closure for Desmond in AC4?

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 01:31 PM
Well that's entirely true, compared to the actual fan base we're teeny tiny, it would be entirely unfair and irrational if Ubisoft used us as their main source of feedback.

I think that we still make a difference though, the devs read the stickies I believe. Especially the feedback thread when the game is released. You're being entitled. And the devs appreciate the core fan base, I'm sure.

They did try to provide closure with AC4.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 01:34 PM
I know what I saw, It wasn't in that post it was somewhere else.

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 01:44 PM

I'm more inclined to believe Farlander since he posted a full source and an excerpt that backed his position, but even if Darby said what you're saying he did, why would that be unjustified? It's a bit bluntly stated, but the forumers DO constitute a tiny fraction of the most die-hard fans. We aren't representative of the entire fanbase, not even close. Take Connor's reception for example. Practically no reviewers responded especially favorably toward him , but half the people on here act like he's the most perfect character in the history of fiction.

I would imagine that the feedback taken from the forums is mostly about gameplay and immersion stuff, the type of thing you would expect the longtime fans to pay the most attention to.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm more inclined to believe Farlander since he posted a full source and an excerpt that backed his position, but even if Darby said what you're saying he did, why would that be unjustified? It's a bit bluntly stated, but the forumers DO constitute a tiny fraction of the most die-hard fans. We aren't representative of the entire fanbase, not even close. Take Connor's reception for example. Practically no reviewers responded especially favorably toward him , but half the people on here act like he's the most perfect character in the history of fiction.

I would imagine that the feedback taken from the forums is mostly about gameplay and immersion stuff, the type of thing you would expect the longtime fans to pay the most attention to.

Believe what you want but im telling you I know what I saw, I probably wont be able to find it.. but oh well.. you win some you lose some.. Its not unjust to say that I agree i was just really hopeful for the modern day to pick up and get good for a REALLY long time.. but sometimes i just cant handle the fact of what modern day has become.

Farlander1991
06-16-2014, 01:56 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna need a quote.

Post-AC4 release (now not so much) all too often Darby got ******** 'they gave us the shaft', 'they showed us the middle finger', 'Darby doesn't respect Connor fans, **** him' claims based on... well, nothing, just because he said something that not all fans might agree on. It's true that we're not representative of the whole fanbase, and Darby did say that, he also went into great detail about what and why they're doing and how they're trying to not forget about the modern day fans while telling stories well and in a satisfactory way (as well as provide satisfactory conclusions to plot points jumbled in previous games). Even if you disagree with the decision making or the result, that's still everything BUT 'we don't pay attention to the people on the forums'.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm gonna need a quote.

Post-AC4 release (now not so much) all too often Darby got ******** 'they gave us the shaft', 'they showed us the middle finger', 'Darby doesn't respect Connor fans, **** him' claims based on... well, nothing, just because he said something that not all fans might agree on. It's true that we're not representative of the whole fanbase, and Darby did say that, he also went into great detail about what and why they're doing and how they're trying to not forget about the modern day fans while telling stories well and in a satisfactory way (as well as provide satisfactory conclusions to plot points jumbled in previous games). Even if you disagree with the decision making or the result, that's still everything BUT 'we don't pay attention to the people on the forums'.

Read my post above... I have no quote.. nothing.. no link... It just depends if you think im the type of person to lie. Im not saying that Darby is a bad person, I'm just saying now i have given up on the modern day and i will just go with the flow.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 02:16 PM
Reading the quote, Darby has a point about modern day.

I say they cut it out entirely if they don't want to develop it.

After the Juno saga.

Though it still saddens me. I always wanted my sig to become a reality.

Maybe as DLC some day.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 02:52 PM
I must say I like this Darby guy. He gets it. And like me doesn't care if people don't like what he says or if he pisses off a small minority of fans. Because he knows what is going to sell and what will ultimately make AC better and is willing to do it and defend those decisions because who really cares if you piss off the MD formers. Who make up like 30-40% of the forums. Which in itself only make up like 0.5% of overall AC buyers(which is a generous estimate). I mean people who seriously like MD are literally a minority within a very small minority. So why even worry about what they want if you want to make a better game and increase sales? It's not even like MD story is even any good anymore anyway. It just got too big for its own good and couldn't fit inside it's little 20% of the games and tell a comprehensible story. It's dead. It's time has passed get over it. Nobody really liked it that much to begin with.

I find it interesting Darby said 80% of people don't like it. Out of reviews, polls, feedback, and other market research. That's a staggering majority! Elections and surveys in almost any situation almost never get that high of a percentage. Statistically that makes an almost perfect correlation between MD and the average person having negative feeling about it.

So if 80% hate MD what about the people who liked it but really wouldn't mind it going? Like myself. I liked the Desmond story and all but it was never really game changer to me. It was just interesting but it didn't really matter to me it it was there. And now that he's gone my last ounce of interest is gone and I think it needs to go. So what happens if they include people like me I'm that statistic? It could raise as high as 90% or higher! MD just isn't worth it.

I mean in all seriousness if they took out MD and used the assets and time they put in to it to make the historic parts better AC would be an amazing game and wouldn't suffer from so much stuff getting cut out, plot holes unaddressed, and basically everything bad that happened in AC3 could have been solved if the MD crap had been taken out and they didn't need to worry about making room for it or saving time for those awful forced missions. Same with black flag really. We wouldn't have had to skip like 2 years at a time if MD wasn't there. And probably could have got the Jack Rackam and Mary Reed/Anne Bonnie sequence that was planned into the game. But oh well crappy MD just ruined those games and held them back from how great they could have been. All to tell a pointless story you can't follow just in games and isn't even very good. I mean really were just going to sell Genetic memory machines as video games???? Lame!!!!

In all seriousness I hope they wrap up the Juneau thing in Unity and then give MD the axe. Put it out of its misery. It's been wounded and squirming since ACR. It's suffered long enough and it's only taking ACs potential quality down with it. If people really want to play a MD Assassins Creed after Juneau is gone then seriously just go play Watch_Dogs. It's practically the same thing and unofficially seems to be the same universe and it's 100% MD and tech/sci fi stuff. There you go enjoy it die hard MD fans! And get your awful MD crap out of my AC experience please!

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 03:17 PM
It's Juno not Juneau.

Although they might call her that in ACU considering the setting.

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 03:21 PM
It's Juno not Juneau.

Although they might call her that in ACU considering the setting.

Sorry my bad. It's just what the auto correct on my phone told me how to spell it lol. I went with the frankified version of it lol. Or I guess the Alaskan version haha. But it may also just be that I can't spell it mostly due to my complete disinterest in that whole thing. I really don't care about that story or how to spell her name. If she would just politely go die and get MD out of AC I would appreciate it very much and might consider learning to spell her name lol

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 03:23 PM
I want them to euthanise the MD, too.

Let the 20% weep.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:26 PM
If Ubi continues to keep MD the way it is now with "me" as the protagonist, I say 100% get it out. Most boring gameplay ever.

I-Like-Pie45
06-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Does this mean you don't wish to give yourself smoochy

DumbGamerTag94
06-16-2014, 03:31 PM
I want them to euthanise the MD, too.

Let the 20% weep.

Haha I agree!!!! Hell even 18% of those people probably wouldn't cry or miss it. It needs put down. And most people that kind of like the concept of it really wouldn't miss it or even care all that much about it. Let the 2% cry and whimper on these forums while we watch lol.

Seriously tho can you imagine if MD dies? These forums would explode! Hahaha

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 03:31 PM
Oh heavens no.

I'm much too high class for peasant lips such as myself.

Sushiglutton
06-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Hopefully AC:U will have even less forced MD than BF. When you start the game there should be a voice saying "Welcome to the Animus" followed by a screen with: "France 17XX" and then we start playing as Arno. There could be some fan service in the menus like audiologs, letters etc. I think what Alex said implies that there will be no 3D-space to explore.

MD was a cool concept, but they could never get it to work so it's time to cut their losses imo. I would def have killed it after AC3 if it was up to me (ending AC3 with a MD cliffhanger, was a poor decision imo).

Ghaleon80
06-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Well i guess i am part of that weeping 20% but i would not be weeping, honestly with no MD i would not buy or play an AC game as the MD plot i feel adds a lot to the series.

Though black flag MD while not horrible was not the best either, maybe they should intergrate initiates to an extent and let you create your own Assassin for MD portions of future AC titles.

Feels awkward my first post stating what would cause me to stop purchasing Assassin's Creed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 01:14 AM
Welcome to the forums. :o

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 02:10 AM
The modern-day should not be removed. It is now a core pillar of the series. It seems that some of you are asking Ubisoft to sell out and trash a good portion of their players. All of my friends in real-life enjoy looking into the lore hidden in the modern day. I like the fact that we are playing as ourselves in the most recent installments because there is more potential to make your own story and have a bit of fun role-playing. A good idea that I had was to connect the multiplayer portion of the game more into the modern-day as well. It would be amazing to be able to customize your own character in the modern-day and if you connect to Online, friends that you play with would appear in the modern-day as the characters they created.

For example, if we were playing as an Abstergo Entertainment employee(which we're not) we would see other players walking around the offices as other employees and you would be able to interact with them and send them emails through the PC. I'm sure they could integrate this into the new version of the modern-day in Unity as well.

bigimpactpooch
06-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Same here. I would be bummed if they got rid of MD instead of trying to figure out the best way to do it. One of the reason I love AC is not just because the historical part but the modern day plot. I love getting mind f'ed

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 02:43 AM
It'd be a cool shift if we could play the mini-games in the modern-day with friends during the co-op mode or something. That would be a welcome addition.

HiddenKiller612
06-17-2014, 09:17 AM
My theory:

Modern day....

After the events at Abstergo Entertainment a group of assassin's, the few that have survived... enter the offices of Abstergo Entertainment under the guise of a bunch of construction workers.....They reach the top floor and begin to "work", while a few do begin working... others remove their disguises with regular clothes underneath. They branch out, their goal is to obtain files and schematics for Abstergo's improved version of the animus.... The make it to the server room where they download files and upload them to Rebecca's laptop at home base. While doing so they trigger an internal alarm... Those at the top floor, upon hearing the alarm jump out the window and open parachutes... Those in the server area are swarmed by templar guards.... Unable to get out unseen, they kill the guards and make it to the ground floor.... During which, we... the player character aid in their escape... becoming the newest assassin member.

Flash forward 6 months.... Rebecca, with help from shaun... have built a new and improved animus... Code named Helix....

Dome500
06-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Helix, Matrix, it all sounds the same.

Maybe we finally realize that we haven't been Desmond or Abstergo Employee who has been experiencing memories through the animus but that we are us who have been experiencing Desmond and the Abstergo Emloyee through Helix experiencing Altair, Ezio, Connor and Edward through the Animus and in reality we are in the future (some years later than 2014).

INCEPTION !!!

No but seriously, they have to pull off something good or completely midf***** if they want me to be interested in it, MD became less and less interesting and they seemed to be less and less interested in even continuing it, so either they do something GOOD with it so that we have a real story and real progression in MD or they might as well remove it for all I care.

I LOVED MD in AC1, but since then it was more and more ignored (except in AC3) and then destroyed almost completely because they messed up and didn't know what they wanted in the end.
Waste of potential.

lothario-da-be
06-17-2014, 08:29 PM
This Helix thing sounds interesting, not sure how it will turn out. I will wait to judge till I played it. Although a proper 3rd person character would be much cooler.

Acrimonious_Nin
11-06-2014, 12:32 AM
So this Helix Hub is a cloud thing...Is there anymore info on this thing ?

Alphacos007
11-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Unfortunately no, unless you're looking for leaked content. In that case, I can't really help you, as I have kept myself away from modern day spoilers.

RA503
11-06-2014, 02:16 AM
this information is real ? Spoilers : http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Helix

Acrimonious_Nin
11-06-2014, 04:39 AM
Well that is what that photo in the ACInitiates twitter thing says...so I guess it is real...I just wonder what kind of device they are using...

Maybe ?

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131220060543/assassinscreed/images/thumb/8/84/GOG_ANewKindOfWar_L.jpg/185px-GOG_ANewKindOfWar_L.webp

laiod
11-30-2014, 01:34 AM
Well I've been a fan of this series since the first installment, an I have to say, the modern day deteriorated significantly once Desmond was killed. After that, I couldn't stand any reference to the modern day portion. As many people in this thread, I was it gone, except in the case of the helix or whatever this Abstergo "console" is. But only that. No modern day gameplay at all would suit me and plenty of people quite nicely. I used to love the MD portion of the game but now I can't stand it. Unless they did like first person parkour like Mirror's Edge, but even then, that is freaking awkward as hell.

SMScorx89
11-30-2014, 10:31 PM
I have a question is the Abstergo employee (aka you) in Black Flag the same one in Rogue or is he the Initiate?