PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity - Hood off/on option?

mcfly6255
06-15-2014, 10:31 PM
Hello, does anyone know if in Assassin's Creed Unity, we will have the option to wear off and on the hood?Or at least automatically like it was happened in Black flag?

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Will probably be automatic.

As much as I would love a button dedicated to removing the hood. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 10:40 PM
To me, it's an irrelevant piece of clothing so I personally don't mind. People have wanted this for quite some time though, so adding it would receive a good reception.

What button would be used to toggle off? I was thinking the PS4 could utilize the touchpad; we could swipe downwards to mimic the motion of pulling down your hood. Any Xbox players that can recommend a button to use for a hood toggle? This would also count for those using controllers on PC's as well - although on keyboard there are a lot of free keys that could be used so there's no problem there.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Can someone please enlighten me about why people want this feature so much.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
To me, it's an irrelevant piece of clothing so I personally don't mind. People have wanted this for quite some time though, so adding it would receive a good reception.

What button would be used to toggle off? I was think the PS4 could utilize the touchpad; we could swipe downwards to mimic the motion of pulling down your hood. Any Xbox players that can recommend a button to use for a hood toggle? This would also count for those using controllers on PC's as well - although on keyboard there are a lot of free keys that could be used so there's no problem there.

PLAYSTATION EXCLUSIVE- Remove the hood on command!

m4r-k7
06-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Well they have said that in Unity you customize hood, suit, belt, gloves and boots so if you want your hood down you could just unequip the hood? Then equip when you want it? But I am not sure how it works with some robes. For example, is his main robes part of one outfit or can you unequip the hood of it? Not sure yet, but we will find out eventually xD

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Let me unequip everything.

nekkid assassins pls.

m4r-k7
06-15-2014, 10:49 PM
Let me unequip everything.

nekkid assassins pls.

You mean unequip everything APART from the hood.
nekkid, hooded, assassins pls.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 10:54 PM
You mean unequip everything APART from the hood.
nekkid, hooded, assassins pls.

Yes exactly.

LionHeart XXII
06-15-2014, 11:03 PM
Any Xbox players that can recommend a button to use for a hood toggle?

i think it could be the the click on the left stick, all it does now is center the camera which seems to be a useless feature if you ask me, i would much prefer a toggle for the hood!

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Would be pretty nice actually.

ze_topazio
06-15-2014, 11:54 PM

Beats me.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 11:55 PM
i think it could be the the click on the left stick, all it does now is center the camera which seems to be a useless feature if you ask me, i would much prefer a toggle for the hood!

Actually, left is Eagle vision, right is center camera :o

deskp
06-16-2014, 06:54 AM
For example, is his main robes part of one outfit or can you unequip the hood of it? Not sure yet, but we will find out eventually xD

The Hood, is seperate
The Jacket/sweater/top/coat is seperate (inccluding the flappy flaps obv)
The glove is seperate (they said, we havent seen that)
The belt is seperate
The pants are seperate

You can intercange them all as you please. for example: Hood1 with coat 6, with pants 3 with belt 16

LoyalACFan
06-16-2014, 07:00 AM
The Hood, is seperate
The Jacket/sweater/top/coat is seperate (inccluding the flappy flaps obv)
The glove is seperate (they said, we havent seen that)
The belt is seperate
The pants are seperate

You can intercange them all as you please. for example: Hood1 with coat 6, with pants 3 with belt 16

Boots are customizable too iirc.

But yeah, why not just have a "No Hood" option? The only problem I could see with that would be if there was a cutscene where he touched/removed the hood, but they could avoid that simply by doing it offscreen like Ezio taking off his hood while seducing Lucrezia.

Dome500
06-17-2014, 06:46 PM
We need a hood on/off option, seriously.
I have been asking for this since ACR...

pacmanate
06-17-2014, 06:48 PM
We need a hood on/off option, seriously.
I have been asking for this since ACR...

Why?

JustPlainQuirky
06-17-2014, 06:49 PM
for MAXIMUM IMMERSION :rolleyes:

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 07:24 PM
Well obviously here's how it should work.

The collectors edition of the game comes with a hood you put on.
This hood wirelessly connects to your system and is outfitted with next gen motion controls, that's right motion controls.. innovation!
When you take the hood over your head the character does the same and when you take it off so does he.
It would be sold for the reasonable price of double what the collector's edition without the hood would cost.

Ubi, feel free to use this genius idea.

Yeah no, not paying like 160 bucks lol.

phoenix-force411
06-17-2014, 11:56 PM
In ACIV, you could exploit it if you knew how to do it. It doesn't bother me at all though. In ACR, you could glitch the hoody as well.

Bashilir
06-18-2014, 03:02 AM
In ACIV, you could exploit it if you knew how to do it. It doesn't bother me at all though. In ACR, you could glitch the hoody as well.

All you had to do in AC IV to get the hood off in cities(where it was put on once you loaded into the city) was to hop back on the Jackdaw since Eddie-boy took it off when he gets on the Jackdaw.

ProjectXanatos
06-18-2014, 05:04 AM

Because for a lot of people, the hood is the signature piece of clothing for the Assassins, and having the ability to control when to pull it up or down means a lot for immersion.

The...DEvil
04-17-2017, 11:23 AM
Hello, does anyone know if in Assassin's Creed Unity, we will have the option to wear off and on the hood?Or at least automatically like it was happened in Black flag?

Hello, I believe I have a solution to your problem. If you want to play without a hood, replay the last mission, where you have to fight German. After the fight, you can see that you have no hood on. So before making your final move, exit the replay and you may be without hood. Now, when I say may be, It means I'm not 100% sure it will work in the open world . I did it once and it happened by chance, so I can't guarantee anything. But it wouldn't hurt to try, right? You'll be without hood in the mission anyway...