PDA

View Full Version : What are your Present Day theories for AC Unity?

king-hailz
06-15-2014, 06:19 PM
So all we know so far is that Arno is not a decendent of Desmond!

Also that it will be different to EVERY other Assassin's Creed present day, including Black Flag!

So what are all of your theories?

jayjay275
06-15-2014, 06:23 PM
It turns out that you play as Shaun Hastings who likes to indulge in yogurts. The story is that someone keeps stealing the yogurts, and you have to find ot who it is, before they're all gone.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/338/0/7/shaun_hastings_by_kittehreno-d5n1590.png

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 06:25 PM
My theory - it will move modern day story even slower than AC4 did, it will have lots of easter eggs and references that although fun, don't really amount to aything major. If anyone's expecting epic battles with Juno, you may as well forget about it already lol

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 06:25 PM
Well this tweet by Darby just blows my mind - https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/476160481330475008

"Now that we've unveiled co-op, maybe you AC super sleuths can speculate why you were the present day character in ac4. #ACUnity (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ACUnity?src=hash)"

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 06:27 PM
Well this tweet by Darby just blows my mind - https://twitter.com/DarbyMcDevitt/status/476160481330475008

"Now that we've unveiled co-op, maybe you AC super sleuths can speculate why you were the present day character in ac4. #ACUnity (https://twitter.com/hashtag/ACUnity?src=hash)"

Cause it shows many people are researching memories thus we can be any random Joe researching memories in ACU and thus the modern day story will be even more unimportant? :D

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 06:28 PM
I predict minimal plot progression in modern day Juno Saga. :(

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2014, 06:36 PM

probably because story-wise the explanation of an "outsider" inside the animus with you will be justified with the generic character you control during the modern days. We'll probably be at a place with several people with which we won't directly interact with in the modern days sequences and a random modern day character will explain that a few of those people (that are supposed to be the others players) are the ones that'll help us with the co-op missions;

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Same. Juno must die! lol

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 06:42 PM
The Juno saga will be resolved when the series finally ends.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 06:44 PM
@shah

so what you're saying is it'll never resolve?

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2014, 06:46 PM

they'll probably come up with another idea after we deal with Juno or drop the modern days completely..

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 06:47 PM
they'll probably come up with another idea after we deal with Juno or drop the modern days completely..

Hopefully they drop it.

Better to euthanise than to let something die slowly and painfully.

@Mayrice

http://youtu.be/8X_Ot0k4XJc

king-hailz
06-15-2014, 06:48 PM
A lot of people think it will be like black flag when they have said its different... HOWEVER Amancio has said its the best entry point for a modern day in the series since AC1!

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 06:49 PM

Which means they will drag it onnnn and onnnn and on. I hope she actually does some bad stuff on Earth which means we get more modern day time trying to stop various things she does

SixKeys
06-15-2014, 06:53 PM
The fact that the Animus database is called Helix now, and the idea that it's going to be different to every other AC game (meaning we wouldn't be at Abstergo or with the assassins), makes me think we might be with Erudito or the Initiates this time.

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2014, 06:59 PM
The fact that the Animus database is called Helix now, and the idea that it's going to be different to every other AC game (meaning we wouldn't be at Abstergo or with the assassins), makes me think we might be with Erudito or the Initiates this time.

or that new collective, Instruments of the First Will.

Dome500
06-15-2014, 08:41 PM
Cause it shows many people are researching memories thus we can be any random Joe researching memories in ACU and thus the modern day story will be even more unimportant? :D

This.
It ANNOYS ME TO HELL if that is what happens but my best guess is it WILL be what happens....

That would actually be one of the few things that could potentially make MD cool again.

I mean come on - you can't tell me that AC4 MD was great. Sure, there were some nice Easter Eggs, but besides that.... No progression.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 08:52 PM
YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES NEED SOME POSITIVITY

Uncle Jexx is here to provide positivity!

I think we'll be playing as an outside to the Templar/Assassin conflict in a sorts. I believe we'll be playing as an Initiate, who or what this group really is in the Assassin's Creed universe is unclear, But one thing is for certain, the Initiates are US, the fans. Hopefully the modern day will be extensive, and I believe that Initiates is going to work to unite the Assassin and Templar orders to fight against Juno. Alex Amancio has said that Unity refers to the co-op, but it also refers to the modern day story as well. I'm hoping for some form of first-person parkour and combat mechanics, but I doubt we'll get that (but it would be sweet), but I'm betting that the modern day story will be pretty interesting.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 08:53 PM
I just want to know how Juno will be defeated!

Will I defeat her with my mighty iPad?!

Sushiglutton
06-15-2014, 08:57 PM
In some interview Alex emphasized that we played as us (he said something like: "In Black Flag you played as an Abstergo employee, but this time you really play as you"). (OBS!!!! This is how my mind recalls it, as always my brain is prone to missfire ;) ).

My guess is therefor that the modern day will play an even smaller role. Maybe we will be part of some study Abstergo is doing by sending games out to the public or something.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 09:00 PM
or maybe he means that the kinect scans you and uploads you into the game

only on xbox one

Matknapers18
06-15-2014, 09:02 PM
The game director, said that the modern day is completely different to anything they have done before. He also said it had no connection to AC4's modern day. And lastly he said that you play as yourself. That you don't play as an abstergo employee, you just play as yourself. He also said that there is a new, different animus ( the Helix) and this is what allows 4 player co-op. So effectively my theory is that the new animus is a game system/console and we play as gamers. 3rd person, customisable characters.

Hans684
06-15-2014, 09:03 PM
This negativity is exactly why the MD has become like it is now, blame yourselves. It's not ever worth to theories since most people want it dead and consider it unimportant.

Sushiglutton
06-15-2014, 09:05 PM
The game director, said that the modern day is completely different to anything they have done before. He also said it had no connection to AC4's modern day. And lastly he said that you play as yourself. That you don't play as an abstergo employee, you just play as yourself. He also said that there is a new, different animus ( the Helix) and this is what allows 4 player co-op.

So my memory was right :).

So effectively my theory is that the new animus is a game system/console and we play as gamers. 3rd person, customisable characters.

I do not understand how you come to this conclusion. If we play as ourselves (literarily) I don't see how there culd be a "3rd person, customisable characters". It doesn't make any sense to me.

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:13 PM
We play as ourself/initiate reliving the memories of god knows who in order to rally us to unite with the assassins and in turn the juno does her stuff which will unite the templars with us.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 09:24 PM
A long time ago, on the Assassin's Den interview, Darby said that Juno would be 'building up' her powers or something, and that it would take 'a long time' before she makes her move. So, yeah, no epic confrontation yet.

I just hope she (or Minerva, or someone else from the FC [maybe someone we haven't met before?]) will make more than a cameo appearance.

Apart from that, there's the fact that William Miles has gone missing, Shaun & Rebecca's cell (or US-based Assassins in general? I'm not sure) has a new leader, etc. etc.

... and Abstergo might be trying to control the Observatory; since finding it was the whole point of their 'pirates game'.

Perhaps Vidic's original project is also running, alongside the 'entertainment company', and they too are making researches?

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:27 PM
A long time ago, on the Assassin's Den interview, Darby said that Juno would be 'building up' her powers or something, and that it would take 'a long time' before she makes her move.

I just hope she (or Minerva, or someone else from the FC [maybe someone we haven't met before?]) will make more than a cameo appearance.

Apart from that, there's the fact that William Miles has gone missing, Shaun & Rebecca's cell (or US-based Assassins in general? I'm not sure) has a new leader, etc. etc.

... and Abstergo might be trying to control the Observatory; since finding it was the whole point of their 'pirates game'.

He's not missing anymore. Him Shaun and Rebbeca and the rest of the US Assassins are chilling in Norway (there is also probably a temple close by there too if you remember the codex from AC2).

Dome500
06-15-2014, 09:27 PM
This negativity is exactly why the MD has become like it is now, blame yourselves. It's not ever worth to theories since most people want it dead and consider it unimportant.

Actually the opposite, we definitely want it to be INTERESTING and have a DRIVING STORY.
But so far we have been disappointed.

king-hailz
06-15-2014, 09:30 PM
OK I have an idea that could make the present day INSANELY cool again!

As Amancio said their is a twist in the present day... We are actually way ahead in the future when Juno has taken complete control of the world and you and a lot of your friends are part of a group of resistance led by Eve's descendant! so in order for you to train you go in the new 'Helix' and learn to be an assassin with your brotherhood as you will fight a war against Juno and her army! AND THE BIGGEST TWIST IS THAT YOU WERE IN THE ANIMUS RELIVING THE MEMORIES OF DESMOND THIS WHOLE TIME!!! Figuring out a way to defeat Juno, which will make sense for all the 'Eve's DNA is the key' stuff!!

I know there is absolutely no chance of this happening but it would sure be cool!

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 09:30 PM
He's not missing anymore. Him Shaun and Rebbeca and the rest of the US Assassins are chilling in Norway (there is also probably a temple close by there too if you remember the codex from AC2).

Aha... was this in Initiates?

dxsxhxcx
06-15-2014, 09:31 PM

according to Amancio's answer to the modern day question (for a moment I felt bad for him trying to answer the question the best way possible with what he was allowed to say... lol) where he says we'll play as ourselves without playing any role (Abstergo agent, Assassin, the goose that lays golden eggs, etc) I came up with a theory with two possible scenarios:

[IMAGE USED ONLY TO ILLUSTRATE THE THEORY]
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131129161216/assassinscreed/images/9/92/Jot_Soora_bureau.jpg

It's a known fact that at some point Abstergo released the animus as a console via Abstergo Entertainment, reading the Animus wiki page I found this:

Brahman V.R.
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Brahman_V.R.

It functioned similar to other Animus types, with the exception of being portable, and uploaded the genetic memory of all of its users into the Abstergo Cloud.

Scenario 1: Assuming we'll leave the animus at some point in the story, we'll play the role of a common player in the modern days.

A good way to put ourselves in our own shoes would be the modern day character being an actual player like ourselves so once we are ejected from the animus, we'll be at a random house with the Abstergo console (with the upgraded technology mentioned above), they could advance the plot by making someone enter in contact with us (Erudito maybe), like they did in AC4.

But wait? Amancio said, we wouldn't be playing any roles so even if we were portrayed as a player during the modern days, we would still be playing the role of someone using the Abstergo console...

Scenario 2: We won't leave the animus. WE ARE THE PLAYER! (more immersive scenario)

the atmosphere is similar to the one above, but we'll only have access to a main screen (with emails, configurations, etc, similar to AC4's main screen*), never leaving the animus during the story to run around a modern day setting, with someone interacting with us via in game emails/messages to advance the modern day plot some way.

*http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/vhpJ9Os9ucc/maxresdefault.jpg

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Aha... was this in Initiates?
Yep. Right now they are trying to rally the Initiates to join the Assassins.

Hans684
06-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Actually the opposite, we definitely want it to be INTERESTING and have a DRIVING STORY.
But so far we have been disappointed.

And all that is subjective, it's opinions running wild with too hight expectations. I'm guessing those "we" you talk about only follow the MD story of the games? If so, then you defiantly will be disappointed.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 09:39 PM
And all that is subjective, it's opinions running wild with too hight expectations. I'm guessing those "we" you talk about only follow the MD story of the games? If so, then you defiantly will be disappointed.

It's not as though people are complaining, because the MD-component hasn't been living up to their particular expectations (yes, fans do that all the time, and yes, it's stupid).

People are complaining because the MD-component is totally in limbo right now; impossible even to speculate (as silly fans might) as to what could happen next. Or even what form the experience could take. Juno made that triumphant exit at the end of AC3, and then..... what???

And the whole 'abstergo entertainment' turn is imbecilic as hell; I'm sorry. How do you go from super secret underground project, to a 'gaming console'....

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 09:40 PM
I still have no idea what initiates is even after joining the website.

It's just a bunch of random widespread information without a clear cohesive plot, is it not?

king-hailz
06-15-2014, 09:41 PM
It's not as though people are complaining, because the MD-component hasn't been living up to their particular expectations (yes, fans do that all the time, and yes, it's stupid).

People are complaining because the MD-component is totally in limbo right now; impossible even to speculate (as silly fans might) as to what could happen next. Or even what form the experience could take. Juno made that triumphant exit at the end of AC3, and then..... what???

And the whole 'abstergo entertainment' turn is imbecilic as hell; I'm sorry. How do you go from super secret underground project, to a 'gaming console'....

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:41 PM
I still have no idea what initiates is even after joining the website.

It's just a bunch of random widespread information without a clear cohesive plot, is it not?
There are these missions and what not but I pay no attention to that. I just follow whats happening in the modern day situation. Some interesting stuff with Juno happened if you look into it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 09:43 PM
@hollow

oh really?

like what? :3

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:44 PM
@hollow

oh really?

like what? :3

I'll pm you it since it may spoil some people.

adventurewomen
06-15-2014, 09:47 PM
I'll pm you it since it may spoil some people.
Just use the spoiler tags that's what they're there for!

---------

Anyway I'd like to see Juno gain her strength back again, and see more of her plan unravel!

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah I was about to say.

Spoiler tags work too.

GunnerGalactico
06-15-2014, 09:51 PM
There are these missions and what not but I pay no attention to that. I just follow whats happening in the modern day situation. Some interesting stuff with Juno happened if you look into it.

please post them on this thread, I want to know as well.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Ya post here in spoila tagz I wanna C 2

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 09:53 PM
Ehh he just sent me this:

"

Alright instead of my typing it all out take a look here.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Galina_Voronina

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Juno

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Galina_Voronina%27s_mother

If you have any specific question just let me know.
"

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:56 PM
How I put spoiler tags ? i can't see it.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 09:56 PM
[ sp oiler] [ / spoiler]

without spaces

Layytez
06-15-2014, 09:57 PM
Well you put my pm here anyway so never mind.

adventurewomen
06-15-2014, 09:59 PM

"

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Galina_Voronina's_mother

"
Thanks, indeed very interesting!

Well you put my pm here anyway so never mind.
Because everyone wants to know theories to present day.

There's no spoiler on these, because we don't know the story of Unity.

Also next time for anyone if you got some interesting info please share, helps the community here.

Hans684
06-15-2014, 09:59 PM

From what I understand people never expected MD at all when AC(1) was released. It says a lot about MD even now.

Impossible is quite a strong word. If you only follow the games it will be impossible, the MD is bigger than just games you know. There is comics, Initiates etc..., a good example is the picture above with an "impossible" theory. As for the excuse to not going to join Initiates(or get the comics) doesn't matter since at the end of the day everything ends up the AC Wiki. If someone interested in MD is not going to read because AC should shoehorn all that info in the games instead is their problem. It isn't ever a problem to begin with; People who over-think tend to create problems for themselves that weren't there to begin with.

-_- They just did it trough the story of Initiates. If it wasn't for every other AC media we would not have gotten to AC3 by now since Daniel Cross would need his own game then since he is part of AC3. The series would be more dragged then ever and the story would move slower than snails, it's doing more good than bad.

GunnerGalactico
06-15-2014, 10:01 PM

"

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Galina_Voronina%27s_mother

"

Thanks, everything makes sense to me.

I-Like-Pie45
06-15-2014, 10:01 PM
WILLIAM MILES, ALL DEPRESSED N EMO AFTER LOSING DESMOND FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS, HAS RUN AWAY TO NEW JERSEY BECAUSE THE TEMPLARS WILL NEVER THINK OF LOOKING FOR HIM THERE.

HE HAS TAKEN A JOB AT THE FAST FOOD PLACE ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE RST VIDEO AND QUICK STOP. YOU KNOW THE PLACE. INSTEAD OF THE ASSASSIN-TEMPLAR WAR, WILLIAM NOW DEALS WITH THE MUNDANE LIFE OF A FAST FOOD CLERK WHILE DEALING WITH THE STREAM OF CRAZY CUSTOMERS AND THE SHAME OF BEING THE ONLY CLERK OLDER THAN COLLEGE AGE.

HOWEVER, IN A CHANCE GRAVEYARD SHIFT ENCOUNTER WITH TWO LOITERERS WHO COME INTO THE FAST FOOD JOINT TO EMPTY THE REGISTERS AND MOOCH FREE DRINKS, WILLIAM REALIZES THAT HE SHOULD STOP BEING SO MOPEY CAUSE DESMOND WOULDN'T WANT HIM TO AFTER HIS SACRIFICE AND SO WILLIAM EMBARKS ON HIS QUEST TO REJOIN THE ASSASSINS AND KICK SOME JUNO-TEMPLAR BUTT

THAT'S MY THEORY

-rc

Layytez
06-15-2014, 10:02 PM
Thanks, indeed very interesting!

Because everyone wants to know theories to present day.

There's no spoiler on these, because we don't know the story of Unity.

Also next time for anyone if you got some interesting info please share, helps the community here.
Since it was Initiates specific I wasn't sure if it could be shared here. Next time ill share whatever I have. There are currently in Norway and take a look at this.

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29300000/Codex-Map-assassins-creed-29320372-800-600.jpg

The Grand Temple is located at the same place as the marking on the map. If you look in Norways direction you will see another marking for possibly another Temple or important First Civ landmark. I believe The Observatory is also in similar place as to where Jamaica would be on that map.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 10:05 PM
YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES NEED SOME POSITIVITY

Uncle Jexx is here to provide positivity!

Arent you like, 18?

Also why is it whenever people are negative, you always talk about positives, you are always positive. People being negative have concerns, you cant blame them.

Hans684
06-15-2014, 10:24 PM
Arent you like, 18?

Also why is it whenever people are negative, you always talk about positives, you are always positive. People being negative have concerns, you cant blame them.

Concerns or not the complains ends up with that everything in the series is bad. Everything, people are overthinking. Instead of pointing fingers and making "treats"(if I can call it that) people should think about ideas for improving the bad, not making a bad self made angry joe review.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Hang on..

Wasn't it said somewhere that when they would distribute the Animus Entertainment systems to homes, that it would somehow get the memories of all these people too? What if we are playing our own ancestors memories this time?

Layytez
06-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Hang on..

Wasn't it said somewhere that when they would distribute the Animus Entertainment systems to homes, that it would somehow get the memories of all these people too? What if we are playing our own ancestors memories this time?
So we all have the same ancestor now ? Doesn't seem very smart...they said that the Helix allows us to view another persons memories which I call bs on since we could do that in AC4. A name change from Animus is more than that and they are hiding it.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 10:37 PM
Arent you like, 18?

Because positivity is healthier than negativity. People in real life tell me I'm too negative so negative comments make me more negative which causes me stress which I don't like. It's not like I don't have concerns as well, but we're talking about games here, games don't really matter.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 10:41 PM
But if people are too happy, they will get disappointed easier if they just keep looking at pros.

If people are concerned they wont be as disappointed when something doesnt come out a certain way.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Impossible is quite a strong word. If you only follow the games it will be impossible, the MD is bigger than just games you know.

ok, these are all good points. But I do try to keep up with the wiki and all, and I still think that they're in ad hoc invention mode right now, with respect to the MD. The solar flare/Desmond as savior story was nothing special, but it had a discernible arc, with a few interesting characters (Kaczmarek, Cross, et al.). Unless ACU restores that sense of coherence into the MD story, it'll be yet another 'intriguing concoction of the season'.

I agree, as I said, that it's silly to complain because ubisoft's story doesn't quite match up with one's *particular* expectations. That's not to say, however, that they're beyond criticism. The 'abstergo entertainment' turn is senseless whichever way you look at it; and, again, ACU will have to do a *lot* of hard work, to put all of that into proper perspective.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 10:50 PM
But if people are too happy, they will get disappointed easier if they just keep looking at pros.

If people are concerned they wont be as disappointed when something doesnt come out a certain way.

Then why is it that I'm okay with most games not being like what I expected?

For example, Watch_Dogs isn't all I expected it to be, yet I'm still having a lot of fun with the game.

Disappointment isn't that bad when you focus on the positives of the game and when, during the lead up, you realize that not everything they show to promote the game is set in stone.

Besides, in my eyes, being hyped and then disappointed is better than being negative and having an unsatisfactory game.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Then why is it that I'm okay with most games not being like what I expected?

For example, Watch_Dogs isn't all I expected it to be, yet I'm still having a lot of fun with the game.

Disappointment isn't that bad when you focus on the positives of the game and when, during the lead up, you realize that not everything they show to promote the game is set in stone.

Besides, in my eyes, being hyped and then disappointed is better than being negative and having an unsatisfactory game.

You're an outlier. Plus imo W_D is a bad example, too many people hate that game for the wrong reasons because they decieved themselves of what it could be.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 12:13 AM
YOU are the protagonist YOU YOU YOU YOU .. I swear if I hear that next year I will bash someones skull in.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:14 AM
I AM THE PROTAGONIST

Worship me.

edit: mani you should change your avi to the WhatIsComet emote I made to match your sig.

roostersrule2
06-16-2014, 12:16 AM
YOU are the protagonist YOU YOU YOU YOU .. I swear if I hear that next year I will bash someones skull in.So I'm the protag?

IT'd be nice if I was called or something, perhaps given some compensation.

I'm quite the complex character, I like tomato sauce, but don't care too much for tomatoes.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 12:19 AM
Ubisoft: Introducing the new modern day protagonist... YOU... YOU is a very interesting character.. he doesn't talk because he is stoic (couldn't afford VA LUL) ... ummmmmm he has de tablet and he hacks... yea thats about it guys we half assed Modern day because we cant be screwed to make a proper story Lulz.. so eat it fa*gets

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 12:19 AM
You're an outlier. Plus imo W_D is a bad example, too many people hate that game for the wrong reasons because they decieved themselves of what it could be.
that's what I'm saying, more people should be like me

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:23 AM
I hate being the protagonist.

I can't write fanfics of myself. That's just pretentious.

Legendz54
06-16-2014, 12:24 AM
I hate being the protagonist.

I can't write fanfics of myself. That's just pretentious.

Yea I will can you post it here or PM it to me?

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 12:25 AM
that's what I'm saying, more people should be like me

D:

I-Like-Pie45
06-16-2014, 12:26 AM
BUT JEXX

I CAN'T POST + 55

rc

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:27 AM
here u are mani http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 12:27 AM
I think the modern day will be like AC1 without the 3rd person and crappy vidic speeches

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 12:28 AM
D:
I mean in terms of how they appreciate games

I'm not gonna force them to be that way by all means.

Unless you don't like me. In that case: screw you too.

pacmanate
06-16-2014, 12:33 AM
I mean in terms of how they appreciate games

I'm not gonna force them to be that way by all means.

Unless you don't like me. In that case: screw you too.

ohhhhhhhhhhh

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 12:37 AM
that tells me nothing

Perk89
06-16-2014, 12:53 AM
I too have a feeling there will be a minimalist progression on the modern day front which irritates me to no end. If Ubi is regretting the decision to make the modern day segment so sy-fyee, then wrap up Act 2 and move on to Act 3 (Act 1 being saving the world, Act 2 being Juno's attempted conquest, Act 3 being a modern day progression/resolution to the modern Assassins/Templar plot, which, by the way shouldn't be them holding hands and singing together as has been the case the last few AC games)

dragging it out only makes it a yearly question for your dev team and your fanbase

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:56 AM
I too have a feeling there will be a minimalist progression on the modern day front which irritates me to no end. If Ubi is regretting the decision to make the modern day segment so sy-fyee, then wrap up Act 2 and move on to Act 3 (Act 1 being saving the world, Act 2 being Juno's attempted conquest, Act 3 being a modern day progression/resolution to the modern Assassins/Templar plot, which, by the way shouldn't be them holding hands and singing together as has been the case the last few AC games)

dragging it out only makes it a yearly question for your dev team and your fanbase

I never cared for it myself tbh, I like some of what it allows but the story itself was handled poorly. AC3 had the best one obviously and then meh.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 12:59 AM
I don't care if they drop modern day as long as the Juno plot is resolved.

Though TBH i do kinda want a modern assassin's creed.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 01:02 AM

I don't care either honestly, I suppose they could turn the database into a massive encyclopedia instead, I don't want that to go away.

Shahkulu101
06-16-2014, 01:02 AM

To do that they need to stop riding the historical charm and make the mechanics entertaining by themselves. Which ACU seems to be doing.

So if they get the mechanics perfect, and add some modern flavour, I wouldn't mind a modern day Assassins Creed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 01:03 AM
maybe the only reason i want modern day is because I want the images in my signature to become a reality.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 01:09 AM
maybe the only reason i want modern day is because I want the images in my signature to become a reality.

Not unless Haytham is the one to finish off Juno and kill you at the end of the series.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Assassin's Creed: MODERN DAY needs a tricked out motorcycle. Make that motorcycle special, like Batmobile special.

Watch Dogs also should have done that. You already essentially play as a superhero, just give Aiden a iconic car and/or motorcycle with some special abilities I guess. I already use the stealth car you get from uPlay like that. Although I wish there was a "stealth" motorcycle as well.

I really think that more games need to do the Arkham Knight thing and give their characters a classic vehicle. Or the Darksiders/Zelda thing and give your historical/fantasy character a personal horse that is named (unlike the AC horses. AC horses may as well be Grand Theft Horsey).

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 01:16 AM
@sesh

I would be strangely ok with that lol

Who cares if Haytham kills me?

who cares if my character dies?

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 02:14 AM
@sesh

I would be strangely ok with that lol

Who cares if Haytham kills me?

who cares if my character dies?

My thoughts exactly.

Oh yeah wth.. where are the Unity backgrounds for the forums?

C'mon Ubi HYPE TRAIN! Get Edward offa there and put me my sweet Arno.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 02:27 AM
Yeah having unity layout would be nice by now.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Yeah having unity layout would be nice by now.

4 disappointed me, I don't want to look at Edward anymore.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Maybe they're saving the new Layout for Comet? http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 02:36 AM
Maybe they're saving the new Layout for Comet? http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

I can't wait that long damnit.

I'm so hyped I can't even play AC2 because it's no longer good enough if Unity comes out with all its promises and graphics intact.

I must see Arno everywhere to keep calm.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 02:45 AM
y u play ac2

acb iz bettar

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 02:46 AM
y u play ac2

acb iz bettar

I agree but I always play the games in order in an endless cycle, except 3 and 4... they just make me mad.

UniteUnderPower
06-16-2014, 02:56 AM
You'll play as a random gamer sitting in his room with dorrito bags scattered around you, as well as loads of Mt. Dew. You will find yourself enjoying hours upon hours of exciting, adrenaline-fueled, action-packed gameplay as you traverse across your house doing chores in-between game sessions. These chores range from a variety of things such as a washing dishes mini-game, a sock-sorting mini-game, as well as a lawn-mowing mini game, and more as well. One new feature they are particularly excited about in-office is the ability to take a shower in the modern-day.

Jexx21
06-16-2014, 03:07 AM
will there be a female protagonist?

Hans684
06-16-2014, 03:36 PM
ok, these are all good points.

Thank you.

But I do try to keep up with the wiki and all, and I still think that they're in ad hoc invention mode right now, with respect to the MD.

At least you try, it's something. I doubt the Wiki is in a ad hoc invention(still might be possible) but the reason for the current state of the Wiki is mostly because a lot of people have left it for their own reasons either exams or just moved on etc... The list of reasons is most likely long. I too kinda have left the Wiki, my reason was that more and more people found the way I delivered news on annoying. Tried to fight back for a while(during Black Flag) but it was a battle I could not win. At least on my own(and with few supporters left), so I went to the forum and gave my title to someone that can deliver news and deserves the title.

The solar flare/Desmond as savior story was nothing special, but it had a discernible arc, with a few interesting characters (Kaczmarek, Cross, et al.). Unless ACU restores that sense of coherence into the MD story, it'll be yet another 'intriguing concoction of the season'.

Opinion that I respect but it's not hard facts because it's an opinion, it's subjective. So no reason to discuss this further, you are going to stand by your opinion and I mine. Let's just agree to disagree.

I agree, as I said, that it's silly to complain because ubisoft's story doesn't quite match up with one's *particular* expectations. That's not to say, however, that they're beyond criticism. The 'abstergo entertainment' turn is senseless whichever way you look at it; and, again, ACU will have to do a *lot* of hard work, to put all of that into proper perspective.

Indeed but you partly* agree because of your opinion on the "senseless" AE turn. Sure they can criticize part of the story but then that criticism only apply to that part and not everything since they don't have the complete story, something that does that their criticism isn't entire relevant on the complete story, only the part they have experienced. It's like reading half a book(part of the story) and criticize the entire book(complete story). It doesn't have proper grounding, the only part with a proper grounding is the story part you have.

bigimpactpooch
06-17-2014, 02:48 AM
If Juno dies..then AC is done. Isn't the whole series really about "the ones who came before" and there tech?

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 02:54 AM
If Juno dies..then AC is done. Isn't the whole series really about "the ones who came before" and there tech?

I don't think the series would "die" if Juno dies technically, as they could come up with another twist as they did with AC3. I do think the series would lose a lot of it's punch if the modern-day was eliminated though.

SpiritMuse
06-17-2014, 03:02 AM
will there be a female protagonist?

There will be if I play it.:D

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 03:09 AM
There will be if I play it.:D

http://media3.giphy.com/media/dcJuEIxQLSVl6/200_s.gif

UniteUnderPower
06-17-2014, 03:13 AM
I really like Alex as the creative director though. He always seemed from last interviews to really GET the modern-day. It was just that with Revelations he had a much more limited amount of time to really put into things.

Dome500
06-17-2014, 07:23 PM
ok, these are all good points. But I do try to keep up with the wiki and all, and I still think that they're in ad hoc invention mode right now, with respect to the MD. The solar flare/Desmond as savior story was nothing special, but it had a discernible arc, with a few interesting characters (Kaczmarek, Cross, et al.). Unless ACU restores that sense of coherence into the MD story, it'll be yet another 'intriguing concoction of the season'.

Exactly. The impression a lot of people (including me) get is that they just don't care about MD anymore and they just include it so the people who liked it can't complain that much and still buy the game.

I mean, there has been no reasonable story in AC4, all easter eggs and 1st person mini-game hacking. While these are nice features they can not really stand alone in a very loose 20-minutes long MD story that does not give you a lot of information or bring the story forward in any way....

And now they tell us we are AGAIN "us", but not Abstergo Employee us. And one has to wonder, if we are just "us" as a simple gamer, how much more watered down and substanceless the MD part will be, since nothing indicates any interesting changes and all hints we got point towards a game in which we will be playing ourselves as mute interactionless figure playing AC on a console or something similar, or maybe something like AC4 just in another location.... which is kind of lame in my personal opinion.

pureshooter13
06-20-2014, 02:29 AM
Here's my theory on the new modern day experience: Since they said that you will be you and that Abstergo has released products to explore memories at home, I am assuming that you will only get to be Arno on the console. For the continuation of the modern day story, I have a feeling that you will be able to hear Shaun inside of Arno's memories much like previous games. Along with that, we will have to use Initiates or some other website/second-screen app (like the new Infamous: Paper trail dlc) and do some detective/hacking work on Abstergo through emails or something. Also, maybe instead of talking through the console, shaun will call you on your second screen app or something.

This may be a stretch, but it is something new and this type of technology has already been proven to work, just not used as a basis of an entire game.

Legendz54
06-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Honestly I don't have a theory.. I would rather take anything better than 1st person.. I would rather play as Deadmond and his underworld adventures.

Bashilir
06-20-2014, 04:02 PM
I bet we're an obese 10 year old boy with wickedly mean Mom. You guys know I'm right.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 05:35 PM
I bet we're an obese 10 year old boy with wickedly mean Mom. You guys know I'm right.

Well if by 'you' Ubisoft meant the main demographic of AC players you could be on to something...

Bashilir
06-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Well if by 'you' Ubisoft meant the main demographic of AC players you could be on to something...

#ShotsFired

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah.. I guess Ubi want the Juno Saga to continue on for the next 5 or however many games. My guess is we'll see Juno continuing to regain her energy in Unity and she'll just turn up at random moments in the modern story. It's like all that work she did manipulating lives seems to have been a waste of her time now if she's still trying to regain her energy. Juno should have really thought her plans through since she didn't foresee herself stuck as a hologram. Lol

Hans684
06-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Yeah.. I guess Ubi want the Juno Saga to continue on for the next 5 or however many games. My guess is we'll see Juno continuing to regain her energy in Unity and she'll just turn up at random moments in the modern story. It's like all that work she did manipulating lives seems to have been a waste of her time now if she's still trying to regain her energy. Juno should have really thought her plans through since she didn't foresee herself stuck as a hologram. Lol

Regain energy? She was trapped in AC3 in the GT, she didn't have any "energy" at all, she just showed holograms(illusions of what ever you call it). There was no great power there. She only waited for her releases after having manipulated a lot of the Assassins leading to Desmond trough history.

Ddrober
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
My guess is modern day is going to be a glorified facebook game, aka initiates. There will be zero modern day bits except the UI during the pause menu and such like the other games and a small notice to go to the initiates website to read a new email. The anti modern day crowd won, and the modern day story might as well be scrapped because the majority of the people won't even bother seeing it. That is what the developer was talking about when he said the character was "us." Because the best way to depict "us" is by going over to your PC and checking out the website, doing some glorified facebook puzzle game, and that's it. If it has ANY influence on the history side of the game, like unlocking an extra item, the anti modern day folks will whine to get rid of that to and from there on we can enjoy random periods of history with organizations that always happen to have the same name. Any sort of overarching story that connects all of these games will be lost to people who cried about 30 minutes of modern day gameplay out of the 33 hours of historical play.

wvstolzing
06-23-2014, 08:42 PM
My guess is modern day is going to be a glorified facebook game, aka initiates.

I've come to settle on that opinion too.

I agree with the rest of your points as well; though I'm not sure whether it was the 'anti modern crowd' that led to the demise of the MD-portion, or the inherent problems of the Animus as a plot device. I tend to think it's the latter: The whole genetic-memories thing, and the 'Matrix-like' logging into a virtual world were bad ideas to begin with.

Hans684
06-23-2014, 09:06 PM
^ Because?

wvstolzing
06-23-2014, 09:08 PM
^ Because?

With respect to which claim? That the Animus was a bad idea to begin with?

Hans684
06-23-2014, 09:12 PM
With respect to which claim? That the Animus was a bad idea to begin with?

Yes, the Animus idea.

xxtonypunk96xx
06-23-2014, 09:55 PM
After Desmond's story "ended" the modern day part for me is just dragging on at this point. Don't get me wrong I loved the whole contrast between past and present that we do with having a present day, so perfectly shown in ACB, to show how far these organizations have evolved and changed, but if they stick to the whole you play as yourself notion , I don't think we can ever get back that feeling of immersion felt when playing an actual protagonist in the present day segments. Especially now with the threat of Juno hovering over the story. If they continue with a first person experience I don't think we could ever get the epic story the modern day story can be if they continue with the phobia of not having a modern day protagonist. And if we can't have that than I'd rather they take out the modern day story completely and stick with the past from now on.

LoyalACFan
06-24-2014, 01:03 AM
Yep, I agree. The modern day is a sad shell of what it was intended to be, and if they're going to keep the lame "play as you" thing from now on, I'd rather see them axe it completely so I'll no longer be ripped from the Animus during a powerful moment in the past and be forced to roam around a stupid office building.

Philliesfan377
06-24-2014, 02:11 AM
If they do choose to get rid of it, I'd like there to be some sort of closure for the story.

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 02:14 AM
I say conclude the Juno Saga with a third person character and all the Desmond Assassin Ancestors as a final farewell to the Assassins we played as and drop Modern day as a whole.

That or revamp the modern day. As long as I don't have to play as "me". I'm not the most interesting character in the world.

Philliesfan377
06-24-2014, 02:18 AM
I say conclude the Juno Saga with a third person character and all the Desmond Assassin Ancestors as a final farewell to the Assassins we played as and drop Modern day as a whole.

That or revamp the modern day. As long as I don't have to play as "me". I'm not the most interesting character in the world.
I completely agree on this.

LoyalACFan
06-24-2014, 03:24 AM

Ideally that was what AC3 should have been. A final, epic farewell to Desmond and the Abstergo story. Instead it completely dropped the ball and made me fully despise the arc in general (I mean seriously, the fate of the world is at stake, he had a psychotic Templar killer racing him to the next power source, yet he's whining about having to steal some guy's ticket to a UFC match? For ****'s sake...).

IMO they've missed their opportunity to do a grand finale. Twice. They could have salvaged it in AC4, but nope. They obviously have no direction, so they should just let it die rather than prolong it indefinitely with weak, ineffectual first-person gameplay and an increasingly ludicrous story.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 04:43 AM
Modern Day has played an intergral role in the games franchise, its been ingrained and engraved into the series, Ubisoft isn't just going to drop it...

Modern Day, The Animus, The First Civilization, The Pieces of Eden are all important to the storyline of Assassins Creed, as much as you might love it or hate it, these are established so much into the AC Universe, that there is no possible way Ubisoft could just "drop" any of it..

now we can argue if Ubisoft was to reboot AC down the line would they still have these things, or we can speculate if they regret adding these things into the universe..but the fact is

there their, and its part of the universe..

The whole reason the Assassins and Templars are fighting is because of the First Civ and the Pieces of Eden

after the Human-First Civ war and the catastrophe the Human leaders gathered the Pieces of Eden and were disgusted that the First Civ denied them their destiny...

and thus eventually causing the split... between Assassins and Templars

not to mention Juno pretty much manipulated the Assassin-Templar War throughout history...

the point I'm making, is that it is foolish to think Ubi would drop modern day......

Assassins Creed has never been solely about historical set pieces.... the other aspect is that Assassins Creed was about "Conspiracies" and if they were real.. thats always been a cornerstone of the AC series........

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Not saying they will drop it. Just rather prefer they drop it instead of doing something silly like forcing me to play as...well....me.

Of course wishful thinking would be a new modern day character.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 04:48 AM
Not saying they will drop it. Just rather prefer they drop it instead of doing something silly like forcing me to play as...well....me.

Of course wishful thinking would be a new modern day character.

i think Ubi mentioned that AC4 was a bridge to the next modern day arc if I remember...which will deal with Juno trying to find a vessel, most likely

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 04:56 AM
lol inb4 Shaun is the vessel. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-24-2014, 04:57 AM
lol inb4 Shaun is the vessel. :rolleyes:

want

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 05:00 AM
Angry British Juno chastises you for not appreciating England.

Hans684
06-24-2014, 05:03 AM
No interest = dragged

Dissapointing = dragged

Did I miss anyone's point?

Radman500
06-24-2014, 05:07 AM
like i said before, Modern day like the First Civ, Pieces of Eden, Animus is now a cornerstone of the AC Universe..Ubisoft just can't "drop it"
"

jmk1999
06-24-2014, 05:48 AM
why did you make a new topic just for a response to the other thread? seems kinda redundant... gonna lock this one. please use the other one. it was posted first.

EDIT: merged threads.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 05:50 AM
I loved AC4's modern day, I also loved AC3's modern day.

I'm perfectly happy with the way they're handling modern day right now, and I'm a huge supporter of it. I would love if we had some more action bits though. Personally praying that in Unity we get to create our own modern day character.

RinoTheBouncer
06-24-2014, 08:42 AM
As long as greedy talentless idiots are making the modern day part and making all the decisions, I doubt there will be anything remarkable. But what I really want is a real story progression in modern day and something epic and entertaining. I know itís way too hard for them to do, because you know, idiocy and greedy controls every fiber of their being.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
will she find a vessel... make an apperance?

Moultonborough
06-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I think she will show up (or have some part) either within Modern or historical. I would like to see Jupiter show up in some form or Minerva since they seem to hate each other. If anyone wants to stop her causing havoc it's her. Either way I can't wait to see how the Juno arc plays out in Unity(if it does).

Radman500
06-24-2014, 05:11 PM
I think she will show up (or have some part) either within Modern or historical. I would like to see Jupiter show up in some form or Minerva since they seem to hate each other. If anyone wants to stop her causing havoc it's her. Either way I can't wait to see how the Juno arc plays out in Unity(if it does).
yeah i think she will show up, i guess there is a rumour that either her or Eve is behind the revolution

Megas_Doux
06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
If the historic part of the game makes her being the goddess behind the Cult of Reason......

Layytez
06-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Well she still needs to collect samples and artefacts so I doubt it. She did however come close to taking over an assassins mother shortly before she stabbed her in the head.

dxsxhxcx
06-24-2014, 05:15 PM
not much...

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 05:34 PM
My biggest fear is that Juno will be beaten by "you". I'm not going to make an iPad joke, but given how limited first person is I doubt it'll be satisfying.

Layytez
06-24-2014, 05:46 PM
My biggest fear is that Juno will be beaten by "you". I'm not going to make an iPad joke, but given how limited first person is I doubt it'll be satisfying.
I'm never going to accept it as "us" until we get a character creation. Even if our character doesn't speak ill know that "I" made them to be "me"

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 05:47 PM
I'm never going to accept it as "us" until we get a character creation. Even if our character doesn't speak ill know that "I" made them to be "me"

Yes I'd rather have character creation akin to Saints Row IV

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 05:48 PM
As long as greedy talentless idiots are making the modern day part and making all the decisions, I doubt there will be anything remarkable. But what I really want is a real story progression in modern day and something epic and entertaining. I know itís way too hard for them to do, because you know, idiocy and greedy controls every fiber of their being.

I think you're confusing the developers with the publishers. Or worst yet, the consumers, since apparently a lot of the consumers hate the modern day.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 05:49 PM

While I'm not full out expecting it, I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did get character creation for modern day Unity.

JustPlainQuirky
06-24-2014, 05:58 PM
If we do I want my own hoodie.

Hans684
06-24-2014, 06:29 PM
I think you're confusing the developers with the publishers. Or worst yet, the consumers, since apparently a lot of the consumers hate the modern day.

That's normal these days.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 06:38 PM
and it's a shame.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 06:39 PM
That's normal these days.
alot of consumers love the modern day though

Shahkulu101
06-24-2014, 06:42 PM
^ no they don't.

The general gaming community hate it.

Only the super #H4rdcore fans like it - and even that's an even split.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
^ no they don't.

The general gaming community hate it.

Only the super #H4rdcore fans like it - and even that's an even split.

the hardcore fans love it, look at the initaties forums

Shahkulu101
06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
the hardcore fans love it, look at the initaties forums

That is but a sect of the hardcore fans.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 06:52 PM
actually, my friends in real life who aren't as invested as me in games say that they like the modern day or that they don't really have strong opinions about it.

So I'm gonna take that as the stock general consensus about modern day.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 06:55 PM
Like i saiid..the modern day, the animus, the first civilization, the pieces of eden have been ingrained in the ac universe, their established cornerstones now

ubisoft just can't drop it

Layytez
06-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Like i saiid..the modern day, the animus, the first civilization, the pieces of eden have been ingrained in the ac universe, their established cornerstones now

ubisoft just can't drop it

This helps proves a point I made before. Take away all these things and you remove a lot of answers as to why you do things in the past and why things are the way they are.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 07:06 PM
This helps proves a point I made before. Take away all these things and you remove a lot of answers as to why you do things in the past.
exactly

the whole reason the Assassins and Templars are fighting is because of the aftermath of the First Civilization war with the humans and after the catastrophe.....

Juno pretty much manipulated the whole war...

Hans684
06-24-2014, 07:22 PM
alot of consumers love the modern day though

But not enough.

and it's a shame.

Indeed, the people who want an "epic" MD is destroying it with their disappointment. The more MD is hated the more "optional" it will get, they even said it themselves during the marketing of Black Flag. The entire situation is ridiculous and the fans have only themselves to blame.

Jexx21
06-24-2014, 07:44 PM
I love the modern day aspect and would never want to see it removed, and I loved the way that AC4 did it's modern day sections, even if they were more optional and less actiony, I felt like they really delved in deep into the lore of the modern day.

Radman500
06-24-2014, 07:45 PM
I love the modern day aspect and would never want to see it removed, and I loved the way that AC4 did it's modern day sections, even if they were more optional and less actiony, I felt like they really delved in deep into the lore of the modern day.

Viva La Modern Day

Viva la Modern Day

VIVA LA MODERN DAYA

king-hailz
06-24-2014, 09:23 PM
The reason why I think the modern day has been scrapped is because of the fans reaction to AC3. AC3 had the most modern day so far... and a lot of people didnt like the overall game (mainly because of the past bits). Also people hated the ending of the modern day for AC3 and I think ubisoft saw that as we hated the WHOLE of the modern day which isn't true... the rest was pretty great... i was invested in the relation between William and Desmond and how it was related with Connor and Haytham... they shouldnt just drop it... they should make it BETTER!

Layytez
06-24-2014, 09:39 PM
The reason why I think the modern day has been scrapped is because of the fans reaction to AC3. AC3 had the most modern day so far... and a lot of people didnt like the overall game (mainly because of the past bits). Also people hated the ending of the modern day for AC3 and I think ubisoft saw that as we hated the WHOLE of the modern day which isn't true... the rest was pretty great... i was invested in the relation between William and Desmond and how it was related with Connor and Haytham... they shouldnt just drop it... they should make it BETTER!

They oversold us in terms of how much modern day was in AC3. They said it has the most when in reality it felt the same as Brotherhood.

Hans684
06-24-2014, 09:52 PM
The reason why I think the modern day has been scrapped is because of the fans reaction to AC3.

Already stated above and it's not because of AC3 since each AC is made 2-4 years before the announcement, except ACR. People have always hated MD.

Moultonborough
06-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Just to be fair I need to point this out. A lot of people on here say things like "Oh, I love Modern Day or I hate modern day". That's fine but to say "almost everyone or most people hate modern day or everyone likes it cannot really be stated as a "fact". I see us as the hardcore fans of the series we are on here regularly trying to see if there is any new info etc. But overall we are a small group compared to all the other people who don't have a account on the Ubisoft forums. No one will ever know what the majority of people think about MD and a conclusion will never be found to what everyone believes.

Now, I happen to like Modern Day myself and I see it as what make Assassins Creed be Assassins Creed. If there was no Modern Day the games would just be " find this object then game over. Modern Day is what connects them all and makes it a overall story both in historical and modern settings. The series needs something to hold it together which whether you enjoy it or not will be the Modern Day. It's too imbedded into the overall series that at this point can't be made without. ACIV they did as much as they could trying to please both opinions but really they can't push them any further than what we saw in Black Flag. Like Radman500 said they can't drop it at this point down the road.

king-hailz
06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Devs Reveal More about the Modern Setting in 'Assassin's Creed Unity'

"Assassin's Creed Unity" will go beyond Abstergo as players had experienced in "Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag" and will be putting you as an employee for the Assassins for the modern setting of the upcoming game.
This new modern setting will expand the experience of 'Black Flag' and according to GamesTM, the developers are now giving the players the chance to be their own person exploring the game.
This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment, one where they will be contacted by the Assassin order
"We made a few twists but we understand that this is the seventh game, so the story is becoming complicated; as such, we wanted to reintroduce some of the main elements of the narrative in a different way," said Vincent Pointbriant, a senior producer at Ubisoft Montreal.
Ubisoft has also already highlighted the co-op aspect of "Assassin's Creed Unity" though the actual details of what to expect with this has not yet been fully disclosed. There's still time for the developers to reveal pertinent details, until "Assassin's Creed Unity" launches on the PS4, Xbox One and PC on October 28.

I kinda knew at the end of black flag that the next one would be the same but with assassins... I guess i'm dissapointed... but not that much as i have given up hoping for it to be back to normal... so its not really shocking news...

A lot of people didnt like AC4's modern day, i thought it was alright but i did think it got a bot boring near the end... and i thought it wpuld a terrible idea to do something similar in the next game... but I guess they are... oh well.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/556892/20140625/assassin-s-creed-unity-preorder-weekly-prizes.htm#.U6qBVxlwbqA

RinoTheBouncer
06-25-2014, 09:14 AM
I’m all for a character creation system. At least the character would have a voice. I feel more “inside the game” when I play as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, and I’m guy, than I ever did with the “me” in ACIV. Thanks for sharing, my friend :)

king-hailz
06-25-2014, 09:22 AM
I’m all for a character creation system. At least the character would have a voice. I feel more “inside the game” when I play as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider, and I’m guy, than I ever did with the “me” in ACIV. Thanks for sharing, my friend :)

Your welcome.
Imagine if we can create our own characters... i bet many people will make him look like desmond... lol or maybe even aiden pearce... but i guess i should have read it again... i didnt get that the first time... i was being negative and thinking that it will be first person when they said 'no third person modern day character THAT THEY GIVE YOU'!
I guess we will create our own character... that is a much better approach than AC4...

travilanche
06-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Honestly don't care about what is going on in modern day. I always get so pissed when they pull me out of the animus to do the modern day hog wash. I have felt like this since the first game.

shobhit7777777
06-25-2014, 09:34 AM
Not bad.....

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2014, 09:37 AM
This makes me happy! I really liked AC4's modern day sections (sue me), so it'll be interesting to play the same way on the side of the Assassins.

king-hailz
06-25-2014, 09:51 AM
This makes me happy! I really liked AC4's modern day sections (sue me), so it'll be interesting to play the same way on the side of the Assassins.

Its not first person though... u create ur own 3rd person character.

Farlander1991
06-25-2014, 09:54 AM

Um...

This means that, instead of a third-person character in the present time, the player will become the actual character in "Assassin's Creed Unity's" modern environment

It doesn't seem that you do, it's still first-person.

Aphex_Tim
06-25-2014, 09:54 AM

Where'd you read this? It's not what I'm making up from the article...

UG7
06-25-2014, 09:55 AM
i read in an article that there will be no abstergo entertainment or simulation to enter the memories of other people as argo, but then whats its connection to other ac games, i mean in all other ac gaes u r the same person in reality, an employee for abstergo, but if that modern day is not there then this is just a game set during the FR as an assassin, it has nothing to do with other parts of the series , i demand an aswer for this.

king-hailz
06-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Where'd you read this? It's not what I'm making up from the article...

Well it says it is expanding on black flags idea... and that you will become the character... idk thats what i got from here

dxsxhxcx
06-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Um...

[/I][/FONT][/COLOR]It doesn't seem that you do, it's still first-person.

Farlander is right, IMO "third person character" was a reference to the role we played in AC4 and not really the person behind that role. There'll be no role to play in ACU's modern days, the game will probably interact directly with ourselves (ACU's modern days will happen in the real world as if we were part of the AC universe).

assuming this is what he meant in the interview, this is an interesting concept but IMO with the whole Juno situation the experience won't be as immersive as it could've been if we were just dealing with an ancient war between two secret Orders, believe that powerful artifacts made by an ancient civilization are being used in this battle is one thing, believe in this plus that one of these ancient entities is somehow alive and trapped in the web and is probably reading this now (Hi Juno! [waves hand]) is a whole different story.

it sucks to be an agnostic with an inclination towards atheism now (this probably is a contradiction but is kinda how I feel).. I WANT TO BELIEVE!!! LOL

I prefer the 3rd person/unique character approach because is easier for me to put myself in other person' shoes and immerse myself on his/her story because I don't need to justify his/her actions, they're not mine to make, now when you say that whoever I am controlling is supposed to be me and simply put me in situations where I have NO OTHER CHOICE than just play along with the story this REALLY makes hard for me to believe that the protagonist is supposed to be me, even if I could choose between 2 or 3 options it wouldn't be the same thing because there's no way for the writer to know how I, a random person living god knows where would react to certain events, there's no way to predict how the millions of people who play this game would react to those situations, we aren't robots, that's why (IMO) this approach will always be flawed.

frodrigues55
06-25-2014, 12:32 PM

Yeah, that's because the "you" in ACIV can't talk nor make any type of interaction at all, making all dialogues completly umconfortable. I hate whoever thought of this ideia, it's really really immersion breaking (as if seeing a thousand of AC merchandise around Abstergo wasn't immersion breaking enough).

Bottom line is, that's not me, that's not even a character. Stop this nonsense, UBI, it breaks the experience as a whole.

I hope they really study a way to make it happen and take our feedback regarding this matter. That way they can implement it on Assassin's Creed The 13th or whatever game that is still in the pre-production stages.

king-hailz
06-25-2014, 01:02 PM
Lets just hope! That in ACU's modern day, they know they cant defeat juno so they have found a device to go back to the past amd warn desmond like subject 16 did in brotherhood... making him choose not to let juno be released... so we play as desmond again!

dxsxhxcx
06-25-2014, 01:22 PM
Lets just hope! That in ACU's modern day, they know they cant defeat juno so they have found a device to go back to the past amd warn desmond like subject 16 did in brotherhood... making him choose not to let juno be released... so we play as desmond again!

S16 didn't travel to the past, he left a message for Desmond before he (S16) died.

there's a POE capable of make its user travel to the past but in the game they said the Templars didn't want to use it because they were afraid of change the future and IMO the story already is convoluted enough the way it is now, we don't need to make things worse with the many variables time travel would bring.

king-hailz
06-26-2014, 08:23 AM
http://www.mweb.co.za/games/ViewNewsArticle/tabid/2549/Article/14071/Assassins-Creed-Unity-modern-sections-to-star-You.aspx

So, i guess there will be no 'gameplay' in the modern day! We will be the character and our console will be the animus, then we will be contacted by the assassins!

HOWEVER, they also say they are doing this as a way to tell the narrative like they used to before. Which means how it was in AC1!

In AC1 we hacked the emails on the computers and read everything about the game! Black flag kinda re introduced this idea but i guess unity will do it like that aswell.

So if you were a fan on the third person modern day OR first person modern day!

PREPARE TO CRY!

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Yea most of us figured that.

Although that Eiffel Tower AC logo is strange to have it accompany this news.. since y'know, the Eiffel Tower shouldn't be in Unity..

http://www.mweb.co.za/DesktopModules/DigArticle/MediaHandler.ashx?portalid=20&moduleid=5259&mediaid=26396&width=600&height=400

maybe we'll see it in videos that Shaun or Rebecca send us or something..

here's the original source btw: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/news/assassins-creed-unity-modern-day-takes-new-direction/

Moultonborough
06-26-2014, 08:45 AM
So........exactly like AC IV. Except in Black Flag we met them in person then at the end talked to directly. Don't see too much of a difference lol. Anyway, most likely it will be First Person again....kinda sucks. Overall I have always loved Modern Day but Black Flag was a little odd for me playing as an Ipad.

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 08:46 AM
Uh, no, this sounds like there are no first person segments at all. It sounds like it's all via in-game menus and such. So pretty much scaling back as much as possible.

Moultonborough
06-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Even better. They took it an made it Brotherhood where we get notices for E-mails but actually now putting them in the Animus itself. AC1's E-mail didn't have too much of a reason behind them except for one or two. I liked Brotherhoods Modern Day as well but I'd still like to get back to third person instead of making up a reason not to try.

king-hailz
06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
If they do this and it isnt good... i dont think they can revover from it...

Layytez
06-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Looks like we are going to be checking our own mail from our laptops and phones then if we are doing this from home while be contacted by the Assassins.

shobhit7777777
06-26-2014, 01:20 PM

I pray to the gods that this does not happen....ever.

Ddrober
06-26-2014, 05:06 PM
Uh, no, this sounds like there are no first person segments at all. It sounds like it's all via in-game menus and such. So pretty much scaling back as much as possible.

What annoys me the most is how they're insulting our intelligence by claiming they want to make it personal by having "us" be the modern day character. Just flat out state that due to anti-modern day complainers or whatever other reason you don't want to do modern day and be done with it. OOOOH boy we get emails! How exciting! Because reading text in a video game is the most immersive thing ever.

I was willing to deal with the first person non-character because you still got to semi interact with other modern day characters. But I guess that 30 minutes was asking too much from the history only people. Now we get to have a game series that is a random point in history with two groups that happen to have the same name as the one in the previous game that don't like each other. No real connections, nothing to show what it led up to in the modern times. Just one moment you're a Frenchmen in the revolution fighting Templars, the next maybe you're Dutchman in South America, and the next you're a Russian in the Bolshevik Revolution. Oh wait not the last one, the anti modern types would say that's too modern, we can't be upsetting them and their influence on making a wonderfully engaging disjointed storyline of random people killing each other and the groups names are the only things that remain the same.

Yeah I'm bitter. Both at the history only types and the company trying to spin scaling back the modern day bit to as minimal as possible being an exciting change.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 05:13 PM
Not even first person? Pure in-game menus?

I didn't think modern day could get any more condensed but here we are.

So much for plot progression in the Juno saga.

edit:

The Modern day is even OPTIONAL.

if that doesn't confirm lack of plot progession in modern day I don't know what does. I'm really upset right now. Let us fight Juno in modern day already.

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 05:25 PM
There are still interesting ways to progress the modern-day plot.

Let's just wait and see how it pans out before we judge.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Hghhh

I know I should be patient and reserve judgement but hnghh

I feel like it will be as minimal as Liberation's 'modern day' where there was basically none aside from an occasional animus interface and voice of someone outside the animus talking to you.

hnghhh

Ddrober
06-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Not even first person? Pure in-game menus?

I didn't think modern day could get any more condensed but here we are.

So much for plot progression in the Juno saga.

edit:

if that doesn't confirm lack of plot progession in modern day I don't know what does. I'm really upset right now. Let us fight Juno in modern day already.

Could be worse, it could be modern day being regulated to the initiates website and leave it at that, a facebook game essentially. Then again, with how its going, I imagine that will be the case in whatever comes after Unity in 2015. After that they won't even both maintaining the initiates website by 2016.

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 05:33 PM
Hnghh.

We better get a seperate modern day game to conclude the juno saga with an epic fight with modern juno in her new body or something then to make up for it.

I don't care if they drop Modern day after this. I dont even care if Ubi doesn't bring back all the assassins for the Juno fight, as awesome and nostalgic as that would be.

Please just finish what you started first, Ubi. Deal with Juno. Then ditch modern day!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8138491136/hC1CA88A1/

dxsxhxcx
06-26-2014, 05:37 PM
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q2/davi_hc/MilkingthecowdryObamacartoon.jpg

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Maybe Comet will have actual modern day plot progression? And is meant to cater to more core fans while Unity is to appeal to the casual fanbase who just want to get into the action?

wvstolzing
06-26-2014, 05:53 PM

Who says that?

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 05:54 PM
posting a comment to get rid of the awful "hnghshgaglhds;ag" and stupid face rubbing guy

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the insult Jexx. I appreciate it.

Who says that?

in the linked article.

dxsxhxcx
06-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Could be worse, it could be modern day being regulated to the initiates website and leave it at that, a facebook game essentially. Then again, with how its going, I imagine that will be the case in whatever comes after Unity in 2015. After that they won't even both maintaining the initiates website by 2016.

The Initiates website was closed recently to "improve its platform" or something like that, what does this tell you? :rolleyes:

Jexx21
06-26-2014, 06:10 PM
That Initiates is shutting down completely!

No, I bet that Initiates is going to see support for a while.

Ddrober
06-26-2014, 06:12 PM
The Initiates website was closed recently to "improve its platform" or something like that, what does this tell you? :rolleyes:

Well shoot it's already 2016? Time sure flies by doesn't it?:p

dxsxhxcx
06-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Well shoot it's already 2016? Time sure flies by doesn't it?:p

be prepared to defeat Juno overloading the server she's on with spam messages! That's the new gameplay mechanic they'll advertise for ACU.. *.*

Ddrober
06-26-2014, 06:36 PM
be prepared to defeat Juno overloading the server she's on with spam messages! That's the new gameplay mechanic they'll advertise for ACU.. *.*

Quickly stop her by kill 5 brutes with a pole ax in Assassins Creed 2, make a brute kill a guard in AC Brotherhood, escape from a fight 5 times in Revelations, Kill 10 beavers in AC3, and successfully hunt a blue wale in AC4! This will unlock the apparatus where you will have 4 color blocks that you have to match to patterns shown to you to finally defeat Juno, ONCE AND FOR ALL!

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Quickly stop her by kill 5 brutes with a pole ax in Assassins Creed 2, make a brute kill a guard in AC Brotherhood, escape from a fight 5 times in Revelations, Kill 10 beavers in AC3, and successfully hunt a blue wale in AC4! This will unlock the apparatus where you will have 4 color blocks that you have to match to patterns shown to you to finally defeat Juno, ONCE AND FOR ALL!

If that happens....

http://i54.tinypic.com/2vwsawp.jpg

wvstolzing
06-26-2014, 06:49 PM
in the linked article.

It's about as non-committal as it gets, though----it goes something like: 'so and so may have been heard allegedly to have said that it might be optional'

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 06:57 PM
True, true.

It still pains me, even as a rumor.

king-hailz
06-26-2014, 07:17 PM
Maybe Comet will have actual modern day plot progression? And is meant to cater to more core fans while Unity is to appeal to the casual fanbase who just want to get into the action?

I dont think comet will be an AC game at all... i think it will be a nrw ip completely based on the pirate theme!!!

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 07:18 PM
Nuuuuuuu

But then there would be no templars *cries in a corner*

Being serious, I would love it though if Ubi collaborated with Disney to make a PotC game. :o

Radman500
06-26-2014, 07:26 PM
I dont think comet will be an AC game at all... i think it will be a nrw ip completely based on the pirate theme!!!

i have a feeling it will be in the Assassins Creed universe...but not connected to the AC plot

JustPlainQuirky
06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
Kinda like Watch_Dogs and Far Cry? Hm.

eaglefan129
06-28-2014, 04:02 AM
I'm wondering if the present day is going to be treated like liberation was like an intro and let it be that. Because it sounds like there is no present day at all in that are consoles and pcs are the animus. I'm little disapointed

JustPlainQuirky
06-28-2014, 04:03 AM
I will just lie down on the floor and die if that's the case.

I'd accept the invisible character over no modern day anyday. No joke.

Just please don't let it sink that low *crawls inside box*

king-hailz
06-28-2014, 09:30 AM
I will just lie down on the floor and die if that's the case.

I'd accept the invisible character over no modern day anyday. No joke.

Just please don't let it sink that low *crawls inside box*

I know! ubisoft should stick up for what they made... I mean its not like the modern day in past games really affected their sales.... i mean 70 million copies sold! I wish we knew whos idea it was for the modern day so we can ask them to do it right.... i know it got a bit too confusing... and i dont mind them reintroducing the story... but COME ON!!! none of this we are the character BS... sometimes i wish all of us were incharge of the story...

Shahkulu101
06-28-2014, 09:38 AM
If one of us wrote the story it would be a mess.

Especially with some of you people.

Ezzzeeoo nddd altyre shood teem ups wif dezmnd nd kill Jonoo butt der must be awsum cleefhangar else story is hav-azzed poo poo

roostersrule2
06-28-2014, 09:42 AM
If I was in charge of story Desmond would become a WWE wrestler.

He could break the streak.

Shahkulu101
06-28-2014, 09:47 AM
If I was in charge of the modern day story Desmond would be Batman and the animus wouldn't exist.

JustPlainQuirky
06-28-2014, 06:31 PM
If I was just in charge of modern day I would do what Shahk mocked except include Connor Haytham and Edward. And then after drop the modern day or add a new saga. :rolleyes:

Mock me as you will. I want it still. :cool:

Jexx21
06-28-2014, 06:48 PM
but that would be power-rangers story telling

would suck butt

JustPlainQuirky
06-28-2014, 06:51 PM
After all the suffering and feels I endured I think I deserve a power rangers ending for once. :rolleyes:

SpiritMuse
06-28-2014, 09:32 PM
If I were in charge of the MD story, Desmond would have gone a lot more insane and his death would have been epic and more emotional.

Black_Widow9
06-29-2014, 01:24 AM
If I was in charge of the modern day story Desmond would be Batman and the animus wouldn't exist.
The Animus wouldn't be the Bat Computer?

I-Like-Pie45
06-29-2014, 01:25 AM
Rebecca and Lucy talk about their favorite brand of razors

m4r-k7
06-29-2014, 12:28 PM
^^^ :) :) :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 04:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUM6hGxQXOs&list=UUwsLXInOtJM01ZCslCeuWxQ

Just watched this video...It's pretty much official.... *siiiiiiiigh*

Maybe...maybe it'll be good... I have to keep an open mind...I...

*climbs into box*

Jexx21
06-29-2014, 06:48 PM
eat your liver mayrice

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 06:55 PM
Will I get the neccessary amount of vitamins and minerals? :rolleyes:

xUnalloyedDadey
10-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Maybe we will play as Juno or maybe another first civilisation character

RinoTheBouncer
10-15-2014, 10:59 AM
I wish we do play as Eve or Adam in First Civ. times. I really do. Also, playing as Minerva maybe, using The Eye device and checking out the then-future possibilities would be absolutely amazing. Like our Modern Day is First Civ. times and the The Eye replaces the Animus and we still visit historical times, but we’ll be Minerva or someone in her time using The Eye. Man, that would be phenomenal!

king-hailz
10-15-2014, 07:20 PM
I wish we do play as Eve or Adam in First Civ. times. I really do. Also, playing as Minerva maybe, using The Eye device and checking out the then-future possibilities would be absolutely amazing. Like our Modern Day is First Civ. times and the The Eye replaces the Animus and we still visit historical times, but we’ll be Minerva or someone in her time using The Eye. Man, that would be phenomenal!

Yes..... but not Minerva.... she's boring to me.

RinoTheBouncer
10-15-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes..... but not Minerva.... she's boring to me.
Anyone can use The Eye. It could be Juno, Minerva, Tinia or even Eve or Adam or a new First Civ member.

xUnalloyedDadey
10-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Yer that would be pretty good

steve.macqueen
10-17-2014, 04:36 PM

That actually sounds *very* interesting!

Eurostar7
10-17-2014, 09:41 PM
I'm part Assyrian so my ancestors before us were Sumerian, Akkadian, and Babylonian. The Sumerians who wrote in cuneiform on clay tablets wrote The Book of Enki and Enlil which i have started to read. I'm in the process of learning Akkadian so i cant read the original texts yet (although in Assyrian community there are people who are fluent in it so i may as them to translate original texts) but the English translations were very interesting to say the least.

Basically 3 gods (Anu, Enki and Enlil) are from a different planet called Nibiru and they created humankind but Enlil hated humankind and Enki loved them. It tells the story of a war between them and how they used weapons among each other and The Evil Wind destroying humankind.

I'm still reading the rest of it, but i find it interesting how similar the AC story is in modern day with the 3 Those Who Came Before figures. Juno, Minerva, and (i forgot the other one's name) and how Juno and Minerva are basically at war with each other, using humankind to fight their war for them (Assassins vs Templars)

If somebody else had anything to add about this i'd be interested to hear it, and i wonder if any of the developer staff (or the creator of AC) had the Book of Enki and Enlil in mind when they created the Those Who Came Before storyline, especially considering the style of writing on this ancient book is almost identical to the style of Juno and Minvera when they spoke.

ERICATHERINE
10-19-2014, 08:44 PM
I'm part Assyrian so my ancestors before us were Sumerian, Akkadian, and Babylonian. The Sumerians who wrote in cuneiform on clay tablets wrote The Book of Enki and Enlil which i have started to read. I'm in the process of learning Akkadian so i cant read the original texts yet (although in Assyrian community there are people who are fluent in it so i may as them to translate original texts) but the English translations were very interesting to say the least.

Basically 3 gods (Anu, Enki and Enlil) are from a different planet called Nibiru and they created humankind but Enlil hated humankind and Enki loved them. It tells the story of a war between them and how they used weapons among each other and The Evil Wind destroying humankind.

I'm still reading the rest of it, but i find it interesting how similar the AC story is in modern day with the 3 Those Who Came Before figures. Juno, Minerva, and (i forgot the other one's name) and how Juno and Minerva are basically at war with each other, using humankind to fight their war for them (Assassins vs Templars)

If somebody else had anything to add about this i'd be interested to hear it, and i wonder if any of the developer staff (or the creator of AC) had the Book of Enki and Enlil in mind when they created the Those Who Came Before storyline, especially considering the style of writing on this ancient book is almost identical to the style of Juno and Minvera when they spoke.

He's called Jupiter. ;-)

MakimotoJin
10-19-2014, 08:50 PM
I just hope it isn't a first person hacking simulator.

RinoTheBouncer
10-19-2014, 10:12 PM
That actually sounds *very* interesting!

Thank you, my friend. I just hope they make it happen whether in a main game, a past gen game or a handheld one.

You and me both, my friend. I’m Iraqi so we share the same ancestors and I’ve read a lot about the Sumerian Gods and their mythologies. From recorded history to myths and legends to Ancient Astronauts Theories, I’ve notice a hell lot of intriguing subject that could very well be connected to the First Civ. and Assassins Creed’s mythology. I just hope the Ubisoft makes a game during the Sumerian or Babylonian times because it can be easily linked to the mythology of the game. From mighty kings who ruled for millennia to mysterious out of place artifacts such as the Baghdad Battery to grand cities that were much more advanced than everything else in that time period to long, destructive battles, I’m sure a wonderful AC story can be born out of that.