PDA

View Full Version : Helix Database?

Auditore8
06-15-2014, 03:17 AM
In the Intro to Arno Trailer (Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gypgS8Y9fgs) did anyone else notice that atop each entry it says Helix Database? It's no longer the Animus Database?
So did we ditch the Animus and move on to something called the Helix? or is this just the new name for the Database?

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 03:19 AM
Helx is a thing that lets you relieve other people's genetic memories.

Animus is your own genetic memories.

Auditore8
06-15-2014, 03:22 AM
But AC3: Liberation and Black Flag both used the Animus, and those weren't using the Modern Day protagonist's own memories

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 03:26 AM
Perhaps it's something new, invented by Rebecca. I certainly want to see more of her this time around.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 03:31 AM
I'm starting to think that by saying it's literally 'you' this time, the Helix will be a commercialized entertainment product and the modern day will simply be us - at home sitting in our underpants playing our Helix's (consoles).

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 03:37 AM
I'm starting to think that by saying it's literally 'you' this time, the Helix will be a commercialized entertainment product and the modern day will simply be us - at home sitting in our underpants playing our Helix's (consoles).

Incoming exciting modern day activities!

-> Clean the house!

-> Feed the cat!

-> Get divorced by your wife for ignoring while you play too much Helix!

-> Buy groceries.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 03:41 AM
Incoming exciting modern day activities!

-> Clean the house!

-> Feed the cat!

-> Get divorced by your wife for ignoring while you play too much Helix!

-> Buy groceries.
I good actually see them going for that humorous kind of tone to be honest.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 03:47 AM
This was done already, and simply called Animus console. There was also Brahman VR googles.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 03:47 AM
I good actually see them going for that humorous kind of tone to be honest.

The fact that Shaun exists makes me want to agree but then I remind myself that they take the modern day pretty seriously. Plus I know a few fans who might be offended and dump the series lol.

Not sure if it would be the best move. Some humor? Sure but not like I posted above lol.

Ureh
06-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Perhaps it's something new, invented by Rebecca. I certainly want to see more of her this time around.

Same here. She's my fav modern day character. Wouldn't be surprised if the new system was bolstered by the Initiates' technology.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 04:13 AM
Ehh, asn much as I like Shaun/Rebecca, they've been in FIVE games already, and their characters haven't moved forward even an inch. They have no character arc or anything. Not really excited to see more of the same anymore. If they expended them, sure, but more of the same stangant jokes is meh, may as well have new comic-relief token modern plot characters.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 04:15 AM
Ehh, asn much as I like Shaun/Rebecca, they've been in FIVE games already, and their characters haven't moved forward even an inch. They have no character arc or anything. Not really excited to see more of the same anymore. If they expended them, sure, but more of the same stangant jokes is meh, may as well have new comic-relief token modern plot characters.

Perhaps; though I do have a nerd-crush on Rebecca, and would like to discuss with her whether she uses linux or FreeBSD on her systems.

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 04:18 AM
Shaun can never leave the cast. He CAN'T!

HE WONT YOU HEAR ME! No matter how meaningless his character is I will continue to laugh and smile at every word he utters.

poptartz20
06-15-2014, 04:27 AM
ahh... very nice. If that is the case I'm pretty sure that will be playing in FP view again. I wonder where the modern day story will go.

deskp
06-15-2014, 06:18 AM
Helix is the new verison of the animus. dude said so in interview.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 06:19 AM
ahh... very nice. If that is the case I'm pretty sure that will be playing in FP view again. I wonder where the modern day story will go.

Nowhere would be my guess, I mean, let's be real :nonchalance:

rprkjj
06-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Helix is the new verison of the animus. dude said so in interview.

The Helix should be a competing console made by the assassins.

Edit: Thought of a coolish idea for modern day. You're fp, but you're not you, but an actual character, I.e. Booker DeWitt. Would be cool.