PDA

View Full Version : Blending Animations and hiding spots in AC Unity?

projectpat06
06-15-2014, 02:35 AM
The footage so far looks great, and I am happy to see that they utilized the automatic crouch and cover that was utilized in Watch Dogs. I did not see, however, any blending animations or hiding spots.

I understand it's not necessarily realistic to have arno act like he's talking to other npcs in a crowd, but I do hope they bring back the various animations where he can blend in various ways between any two npcs. Standing at a shop, leaning against the wall, sitting down with peasants, etc were all great new features in AC3. I was sad to not see them in AC4.

Now that there are interiors, it would be cool to have him run into a bar and lean between two characters or sit down at a table, etc. I would also like to see new hiding spots

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 02:48 AM
I'm sure it'll be nice and in depth, I'm sure we've barely seen a tenth of what they have to offer.

SixKeys
06-15-2014, 04:07 AM
The blending works a bit differently this time, what with the huge crowds. Before it was dependent on a certain number of people, usually 4-5, the lowest one being 2 (AC3). Now I think groups will be more dynamic and Arno will have to be on the move a lot instead of standing still in convenient groups. At least I hope so.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:10 AM
The blending works a bit differently this time, what with the huge crowds. Before it was dependent on a certain number of people, usually 4-5, the lowest one being 2 (AC3). Now I think groups will be more dynamic and Arno will have to be on the move a lot instead of standing still in convenient groups. At least I hope so.

Reminds me of Altair at Majd Addins funeral, if they hadn't expected him I bet he would have gotten away unnoticed.

deskp
06-15-2014, 06:25 AM
crouching isnt automatic, theres a stealth button you gotta press.

Ureh
06-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Me too. The bench assassination never gets old but I do miss the leaning-on-a-wall or tool rack assassinations. And every once in awhile I like to sit on the docks and just enjoy the horizon. I'm definitely expecting those blend spots to return.

rprkjj
06-15-2014, 07:19 AM
Me too. The bench assassination never gets old but I do miss the leaning-on-a-wall or tool rack assassinations. And every once in awhile I like to sit on the docks and just enjoy the horizon. I'm definitely expecting those blend spots to return.

Bench assassinations are the greatest. So rare, so satisfying. :p

Dome500
06-15-2014, 06:15 PM

Agreed, leaning on a wall or at a bar (in a political cafe?), blending in by doing as if you talk to people or as if you want to buy from the market stand in front of you, that was cool. Missed that in Black Flag, especially on some of the assassination missions in the villages.

Anyway, I hope AT LEAST benches and the like return and you can have 1 or 2 static blend spots.

As for the crowds, yes I assume that it is that way that you have to move a lot, and I like it. I am eager to see how they pulled this one of this time around.
I have seen a very thin blue dust around Arno if he is blending in, I liked the style but am not sure how the mechanic works yet.