PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity's CO-OP Avatars like Watch_Dogs

Codemaster247
06-14-2014, 07:57 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-12-i-understand-the-issue-but-its-not-relevant-in-assassins-creed-unity

"In Unity you play this character called Arno, and when you're playing co-op you're also playing Arno - everybody is. It's like Aiden Pierce in Watch Dogs."

So simply put, in Assassin's Creed Unity's Co-op, we are all Arno on our own screens.

I thought that when you join a coop mission, you would given one of the other three assassin avatars and the host would be playing as Arno so when it comes down to teamwork, coordination would be much easier knowing that the other players on are not Arno and are in the game to help the Arno player assassinate his target because it is his story after all. Unless its an ensemble cast of four assassins, but highly doubt it.

I think it would've been nice (and maybe easier) if all four players all saw the same thing on each others screens, like I saw myself as the green assassin and so did the host of the game who was Arno.

deskpe
06-14-2014, 08:10 PM
Everybody can pick their own clothes and colors.

Animusaurus
06-14-2014, 08:10 PM
You have Arnos model, but your own outfits (picked by yourself, and there are 5 parts), weapons, and gear…thus you won't really be seen as Arno mainly because you have your hood on and your own equipment, just Arnos face and body which will not really be seen…

Isn't that the deal?.

JustPlainQuirky
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
Booo. I wanna play as a female assassin. 2/10 sexist game is sexist. :rolleyes:

Codemaster247
06-14-2014, 09:48 PM
Whoa whoa whoa so those three other avatars are essentially Arno with different gear?! Okay, I'm fine with that as long as we can all see each other as we do on our screens

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Whoa whoa whoa so those three other avatars are essentially Arno with different gear?! Okay, I'm fine with that as long as we can all see each other as we do on our screens

It's simple, the gear is visible, only the face and body model are changed. The model has nothing to do with your gear which like every game in existence that allows you to change gear are separate model files.

Codemaster247
06-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Can we have beards? I saw one of the assassins with a beard...

AherasSTRG
06-14-2014, 11:22 PM
Can we have beards? I saw one of the assassins with a beard...

I 'd love one too. There just might be a barber shop to change your hair and facial hair somewhere around Paris.. Although, I don't think there are high chances of that happening.

DinoSteve1
06-14-2014, 11:26 PM
I still don't get why at this stage this is news.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 01:05 AM
It's simple, the gear is visible, only the face and body model are changed. The model has nothing to do with your gear which like every game in existence that allows you to change gear are separate model files.
body model isn't changed either. just the face

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 01:23 AM
body model isn't changed either. just the face

Care to explain the three characters varying physiques then? Some are obviously bulkier.

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 01:49 AM
They all look the same to me. to be frank, if they actually had varying body models then there would be no reason to not include a female model for a co-op partner because they're already modifying the armor sets to suit different body models.

hence: they're all the same body model.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 02:14 AM
They all look the same to me. to be frank, if they actually had varying body models then there would be no reason to not include a female model for a co-op partner because they're already modifying the armor sets to suit different body models.

hence: they're all the same body model.

It's pretty easy to take say Arno's model and extend the shoulder width a bit, it's not as easy to make a new model which is what would be required for a female.

They don't even need to make a model, it could even be a random characters body model with assassin gear.

Codemaster247
06-15-2014, 05:48 AM
Or they could just grab some models from the female npcs...?

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Or they could just grab some models from the female npcs...?

Yeah BUT then they'd have to remake every robe to fit the female models, clothing models don't just conform to a body type you know?

Dome500
06-15-2014, 06:21 PM
I like the idea.

I hope though that those "models" of Assassins will be in the story.
That would be cool.

You know that the faces of those Assassins are familiar from the story.