PDA

View Full Version : Third Person cover system

Where-is-R6-HD
06-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Don't get upset I don't care that it is not included in siege.I do want to say that I do not think that it was unfair at all.Players that played the game with a team knew how to use it and it was epic.Vegas one was one of the most unique shooters I have ever played.The long distance cover to cover wack a mole battles were some of the most fun engaging shoot outs I have ever had.It was great everyone used the cover system and the battle was figuring out how to get behind the other team.Vegas 2 added the run button and ruined the game. Everyone started run and gunning playing respawn modes only just spawn camping.

I think siege looks great and does not need the cover system but I would love to see a Vegas 3 someday the same mechanics as Vegas 1.If Vegas HD came out I would buy it as well.

Same with GR future solider I would love another one but also want another GRAW.

Kharn121
06-14-2014, 11:58 PM
The sprint button didnt ruin the game, Ubi making it so easy to shoot from the hip on the move did. You cant shoot while sprinting on Vegas 2. There needs to be a bigger accurcy penalty for shooting "from the hip" and while moving. Also full auto needs to be addressed so we dont get people just mag dumping down a hallway hoping to score some hits. Give us a propper tatical shooter.

Robbiej68
06-15-2014, 01:42 PM
I prefer lean over 3rd person cover any day, so I'am glad to se that it's back.

Pest_AWC
06-16-2014, 06:09 AM
I wish they had not had the "Rainbow Six" name anywhere on Vegas 1 or 2.

It means we now have to deal with people that think magical 3rd person views and multi-colored non-matching teams of mercenaries hip firing is "classic Rainbow Six" when if you read the books or played any of the first 3 games you would know better.

Where-is-R6-HD
06-16-2014, 01:29 PM
I would not mind them dropping the R6 name and making vegas into its own game. Vegas has a huge fan base.

Hipfire was only a problem in two Vegas one had the most intense,Tactical Matches I have ever played.

Dirtymurph
06-17-2014, 05:24 AM
I wish they had not had the "Rainbow Six" name anywhere on Vegas 1 or 2.

It means we now have to deal with people that think magical 3rd person views and multi-colored non-matching teams of mercenaries hip firing is "classic Rainbow Six" when if you read the books or played any of the first 3 games you would know better.
Still taking the respectful and graceful approach I see.

Pest_AWC
06-18-2014, 09:28 PM
Still taking the respectful and graceful approach I see.

I try! :)

It still doesn't give us any two-way communication with those making the actual game. But they can't say it's my fault for being rude and unreasonable.

Real720
06-23-2014, 05:59 AM
Rather than creating a R6 spin-off, or even a direct sequel to Vegas 2, Ubisoft should put more focus into the next Ghost Recon title. If I'm not mistaken, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier allows players to go from tpv to fpv while in cover mode, and a similar system should be incorporated into the next game, only with the two views switched around, or whatever. Although the Ghost Recon series was always known for featuring outdoor environments, the next game should feature more indoor environments to satisfy the urges of R6 fans. Taking the evolution of the Battlefield series into consideration, I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would consider doing that.

Pest_AWC
06-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Rather than creating a R6 spin-off, or even a direct sequel to Vegas 2, Ubisoft should put more focus into the next Ghost Recon title. If I'm not mistaken, Ghost Recon: Future Soldier allows players to go from tpv to fpv while in cover mode, and a similar system should be incorporated into the next game, only with the two views switched around, or whatever. Although the Ghost Recon series was always known for featuring outdoor environments, the next game should feature more indoor environments to satisfy the urges of R6 fans. Taking the evolution of the Battlefield series into consideration, I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would consider doing that.

You can't take the evolution of the Battlefield series, COD series, or any other series into consideration when dealing with UBI.

They constantly abandon the logical evolution of their games to slap a successful franchise name on whatever unrelated crazy idea some Manager comes up with.

Don't believe me? Read it for yourself:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02/03/house-of-dreams-the-ubisoft-montreal-story

They abandoned the evolution of just about every intellectual property for whatever crazy ideas someone had.

The mere fact that the R6 series and Ghost Recon series now have magical 3rd person cheat views as part of the series shows how far off course they allow things to go.