PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, kindly make optional objectives optional.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Ubisoft do you know why everyone took to AC1? With the choices you've made in Unity I think you do. Freedom of choice. There was no consequence for playing the game how one wanted to play, other than a massive army of guards attacking you for it.

While AC has many unique and enjoyable features they all suffer immensely without the ability to tackle these features in the desired way.

As a long time fan I ask that you make these objectives optional, as in there is an option in the menu to turn them off AND have them not be counted for completion rate.

This way the players that enjoy them can have them and those of us who don't needn't be discouraged by less than 100% for playing your game with our own style and strategy.

Since AC1 I've made my own objectives and it was always to not be detected BUT sometimes I do want to be detected, sometimes I want to try a different approach and I don't want a virtual smack in the face for doing so.

I will enjoy Unity immensely regardless of whether you implement this or not BUT if you did implement this I assure you I would consider this to be a truly perfect AC as long as all promises are delivered upon, as in the revamped stealth, parkour, and combat AND provided you don't pull a watch dogs and decrease visual fidelity

(I doubt you will as this isn't cross-platform but I'm just putting it out there.)

Please, if you intend to give us freedom and choice then do it all around, let us choose whether or not these optional objectives are present and affect our completion rate or not by placing the option in the menu or before you begin the game.

I understand that this may require that you can only choose the option once per file but that's fine. Just please consider this request.

MasterAssasin84
06-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I agree 100% with the above ,

Even though the constraints in AC3 and Black Flag was optional you kind of felt obliged to carry them out in order to progress in collaborative manor.

Ive never had a problem with optional objectives but its a different story when the constraints effect your freedom to be the Assassin you want to be .

deskp
06-14-2014, 06:53 PM
I think they should include optional objectives that are global, like how the GUILD objectives worked in brootherhood. You did certain task a certian about and unlocked a weapon or something.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 07:02 PM
I think they should include optional objectives that are global, like how the GUILD objectives worked in brootherhood. You did certain task a certian about and unlocked a weapon or something.

Those would be acceptable since they're not tied to missions.

Mr_Shade
06-14-2014, 07:08 PM
Please use the existing thread - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/891137-A-first-crappy-look-at-AC-Unity-s-HUD

I will add to the title about objectives.