PDA

View Full Version : Would you use Legacy Outfits in AC Unity?

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 06:21 PM
First and foremost, to the devs, please don't even bother putting in Legacy outfits if they are half arsed and have fabric stuck to the protags legs. Not to mention dipped in plastic, anyway...

Secondly, do any of you use the Legacy outfits? I probably would if they werent ****.

Megas_Doux
06-14-2014, 06:27 PM
I rather have them work in outfits that suit the era.......
But those will be available for sure.

Shahkulu101
06-14-2014, 06:32 PM
I'd use Revelations Ezio's outfit - those are my favourite robes. They're never really included though, which is unfortunate. Obviously I don't expect them to include ALL legacy outfits though, so I don't hold a grudge or anything. So those are the only robes I'd wear, I don't like wearing most of the legacy outfits because they look really out of place. However, all Ezio's robes have a European look to them, so I wouldn't mind wearing them in Paris. Altair's and Connor's robes wouldn't feel right in this particular setting even though I like their robes as well.

To be honest though, with the level of customization in Unity I don't think the legacy outfits would see much use. We'd be too engrossed with our own creations, at least I know I would be.

deskp
06-14-2014, 06:36 PM
well in ACU each outfit is made out of 5 parts. So they would have to do that with legacy outfit aswell. WIch means we would be able to mix and match. Altair hood, Ezio coat, edward belt and connor boots+trousers for example.

BBut i kindof hope they don't bother with it, I'd rather have 4 new fitting outfit sets. I think it would be abit wrong if you ended up in coop with someone that looked like altari, ezio etc. immersion breaking...

Wolfmeister1010
06-14-2014, 06:50 PM
I couldn't give two (bad word) about Altair and Ezio outfits..except maybe revelations. Want eddies and connors though

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 06:55 PM
I liked Altairs outfit in 4.

To be totally honest though, I'm loving Arno's robe precisely the way it is, I don't think I'd use the legacy outfits over it this time around.

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 07:10 PM
I liked Altairs outfit in 4.

To be totally honest though, I'm loving Arno's robe precisely the way it is, I don't think I'd use the legacy outfits over it this time around.

It was horrible! It was glued and dipped in plastic :|

Kirokill
06-14-2014, 07:13 PM
I used Altair's robes in ACb/ACR after the story because they're nice.
But now you see, putting glued bullfood in you really ruins using them.

Shahkulu101
06-14-2014, 07:16 PM
I thinks it's because they have trouble transferring them from the old engine into Anvil Next. What with different physics systems, dissimilar texture packs etc...

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I thinks it's because they have trouble transferring them from the old engine into Anvil Next. What with different physics systems, dissimilar texture packs etc...

Which is what im saying in the OP, don't have arse it. It makes good outfits look ****e.

ACfan443
06-14-2014, 07:25 PM
I would actively avoid them if the outfits are a slapdash piss poor remaster like those appalling knockoffs in AC3 and AC4. With a hugely ambitious next gen title like Unity being worked on by 1000 studios in an extensive 4 year development cycle, a less than adequate job on a couple of outfits simply won't do. I'm not asking for flashy new physics, super high res textures and the works, just a semi acceptable outfit that doesn't look like it was dipped in glue and stapled to the character's calves. Who in their right mind thought it was acceptable leaving it looking in that state?

Many games have shown that remastering legacy outfits for new technology, be it a new engine or entirely new hardware, is absolutely possible. And for a company as big as Ubisoft with development cycles as large as they claim, it really shouldn't be a problem.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 07:27 PM
It was horrible! It was glued and dipped in plastic :|

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131122072706/assassinscreed/images/7/77/AC4_Altair%27s_robes_outfit.png

Looks fine to me.

Based on the textures of the first game AND subsequent games, it appears as if the original robes were made from leather. Therefore it should appear a little smoother than other robes. The texture is perfectly fine.

I have serious doubts that they are transferring old models and textures to redo them, it'd be easier to remake it entirely. It's not necessarily the physics system but any physics related values that might be linked to a model.

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 07:33 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i59/apz_freak/altairoutfit_zps7bebdabf.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/803787-amp-ALL-SYSTEMS-ACIV-BF-SP-Official-Bugs-Issues-Thread-*SPOILERS-*Updated-11-20-13?p=9352389&viewfull=1#post9352389

deskpe
06-14-2014, 07:40 PM
I would actively avoid them if the outfits are a slapdash piss poor remaster like those appalling knockoffs in AC3 and AC4. With a hugely ambitious next gen title like Unity being worked on by 1000 studios in an extensive 4 year development cycle, a less than adequate job on a couple of outfits simply won't do. I'm not asking for flashy new physics, super high res textures and the works, just a semi acceptable outfit that doesn't look like it was dipped in glue and stapled to the character's calves. Who in their right mind thought it was acceptable leaving it looking in that state?

Many games have shown that remastering legacy outfits for new technology, be it a new engine or entirely new hardware, is absolutely possible. And for a company as big as Ubisoft with development cycles as large as they claim, it really shouldn't be a problem.

Its not about remastering the old ones, but recreating them from scratch.

ACfan443
06-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Its not about remastering the old ones, but recreating them from scratch.

My point still stands, they have a plethora of developers while smaller companies have no trouble pulling it off.

Megas_Doux
06-14-2014, 07:44 PM
Using Altair┤s outfit at a bar in a caribbean beach feels SO out of place.......

GreySkellig
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
I rather have them work on outfits that suit the era.......

This. While the retro outfits are good for a few minutes of anachronistic amusement, they look tacky and out of place. Would vastly prefer the effort be expended on a broader selection of period attire.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 09:45 PM
This. While the retro outfits are good for a few minutes of anachronistic amusement, they look tacky and out of place. Would vastly prefer the effort be expended on a broader selection of period attire.

Indeed, I would love to have a massive selection of various robes for Arno, I already love his immensely but more options never hurts as long as they're quality.

LoyalACFan
06-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Since they're already making a bunch of highly varied outfits that will presumably require them to beef up their presentation of cloth physics, I'd like to see Altair's and Ezio's outfits. Connor's and Edward's would look stupid in France IMO.

Kagurra
06-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Literally never use them ever. I always love the new outfit designs, and I like to fit into the time period.

SixKeys
06-14-2014, 11:55 PM
The legacy outfits were cute for a while, but the last time I used them was in ACR. They haven't been done right since then, and if they're just gonna be half-arsed, they might as well not even put them in.

m4r-k7
06-15-2014, 12:04 AM
I love Arno's outfit the way it is. Although in terms of legacy outfits, I have always wanted to wear Ezios robes from AC 2 not brotherhood. Its so annoying they only give us Altairs outfit and Ezios (brotherhood) outfit in the newer games. Why couldn't they give us AC 2s or revelations? So annoying. But for this game, I will be enjoying customizing my own assassin so I wont care too much.

JohnBoyzZ
06-15-2014, 12:06 AM
The last legacy outfit that was very well done was Alta´r's robes from Revelations. That's the only legacy outfit I kept on and I'm not a big fan of Alta´r as much as the later Assassins (and that's saying something). It also seemed to fit just fine in the Constantinople setting. Other outfits I would get bored fast and/or they don't fit the historical setting.

Ezio's Roman robes in ACIII-IV were ok but the cape was like stale bread.

Connor's robes in ACIV seemed out of place with the fingerless gloves and quiver attached.

So yeah like someone in the thread said, Ubi shouldn't bother with these outfits if they're gonna come out like crap.

Ureh
06-15-2014, 07:26 AM
I wouldn't mind trying out outfits that are tailored to Arno but has a Legacy theme to them. Know what I mean? I guess the best examples I can come up with are Infamous' Delsin's McGrath jacket or Dragon Age Sir Isaac armor. Something that fits Arno and the setting but has Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Haytham and Aveline themes.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-15-2014, 08:49 AM
Yes -- if they actually spent a little time on them. Imagine Altair's robes or Ezio's robes with the new robe physics? OMG

I would mostly stick with the outfits of the time period but just dyed white/red with a beaked hood to connect it to Altair and the others.

ze_topazio
06-15-2014, 01:25 PM
AC2 Ezio robes are my favorite Ezio robes, I hope this time they include those, I'm tired of the Brotherhood robes which I never liked that much to begin with.

deskp
06-15-2014, 01:50 PM
AC2 Ezio robes are my favorite Ezio robes, I hope this time they include those, I'm tired of the Brotherhood robes which I never liked that much to begin with.
tottally, and way mroe iconic.

d4st4n96
06-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Altair's robe, Ezio's (AC:II or Revelations), Connor's (wich would fit great [American Revolution > French one, get it?]) and Edward's (Ik, I want too much xD)

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 03:16 PM
It's too bad with all the robes in all the games so far they haven't tried to put collision physics. I suppose it simply takes up to much processing power.

All the meshing of models really irks me sometimes though.

jayjay275
06-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Give us Revelations Ezio and Ezio's Assassin outfit from AC2.

d4st4n96
06-15-2014, 03:31 PM
Give us Revelations Ezio and Ezio's Assassin outfit from AC2.
YES PLEASE (Ac2's costume was and is my fav. of all) ^ !!!!

Jexx21
06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
I wouldn't mind trying out outfits that are tailored to Arno but has a Legacy theme to them. Know what I mean? I guess the best examples I can come up with are Infamous' Delsin's McGrath jacket or Dragon Age Sir Isaac armor. Something that fits Arno and the setting but has Altair, Ezio, Connor, Edward, Haytham and Aveline themes.

I think that this is the best idea.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 04:22 PM
I love the Legacy outfits.

Let me wear them. :o

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:25 PM
I love the Legacy outfits.

Let me wear them. :o

I want Haytham in a suit like your sig. Do it Ubi.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 04:27 PM
>Secretly hopes Haytham to be a sage or something so he can come back in modern day.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:51 PM
>Secretly hopes Haytham to be a sage or something so he can come back in modern day.

Inb4 Sage Haytham, grandmaster of British Templars and President of Abstergo industries ;P

Dome500
06-15-2014, 05:21 PM
I rather have them work in outfits that suit the era.......
But those will be available for sure.

This,

But if they should include an outfit I'd say....

- Ezio Revelations Outfit
- "Altairs Armor" from Assassins Creed II
- Altair Outfit (the classic one is always cool)
- Haytham Outfit
- Edwards "Pirate Captain" or "Privateer" outfit (the black ones)

Those are the ones I'd wear in that order.

But like Megas said, they should better just give me some cool stuff for THIS era.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Inb4 Sage Haytham, grandmaster of British Templars and President of Abstergo industries ;P

AAAAAWWWWW SNAP.

That would be awesome.

poptartz20
06-15-2014, 07:04 PM
If done correctly It would be cool to do Legacy Robes. If not then nope.

Then again on the other hand I never cared for Legacy robes. :\ the only one I could think of using would honestly be Haytham or Edward.

I would love to see Haytham's outfit on Arno.

JohnBoyzZ
06-15-2014, 07:55 PM
Ezio's ACII robes should be called "Giovanni's Robes". Seems more appropriate.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 08:19 PM

Going by that Logic...

AC3's should be called Achilles Robes
AC4's should be called Duncans

:|

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-15-2014, 08:21 PM

+1

Giovanni's robes are cool but I prefer Brotherhood's robes... either plain/default or with seusenhoffer armor (all the other armor sucks).

To me...the difference between AC2 and ACB's outfits is that Giovanni's robes are essentially a renaissance outfit with an Assassin flair to them. Meanwhile, Ezio's robes from ACB are essentially classic Assassin robes with a renaissance flair to them.

JohnBoyzZ
06-22-2014, 11:13 PM
+1

Giovanni's robes are cool but I prefer Brotherhood's robes... either plain/default or with seusenhoffer armor (all the other armor sucks).

To me...the difference between AC2 and ACB's outfits is that Giovanni's robes are essentially a renaissance outfit with an Assassin flair to them. Meanwhile, Ezio's robes from ACB are essentially classic Assassin robes with a renaissance flair to them.

Armor on Roman robes are yucky in general. I use a glitch to remove all but one. I wish I could remove everything though because the robes are beautiful.

I agree with your description on each robe as well. I remember reading about how the Roman robes were a mix of Altair and Giovanni's robes.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Going by that Logic...

AC3's should be called Achilles Robes
AC4's should be called Duncans

:|
AC3's robes weren't Achilles, and besides that Connor modified them for himself with his Native American style additions.
Edward also modified Duncan's base robes and made them his own.

AC2's robes weren't modified by Ezio and they were his father's first and foremost.

ACB's and ACR's robes are the only ones that are truly Ezio's.

pacmanate
06-22-2014, 11:52 PM
AC3's robes weren't Achilles,

So you're saying Achilles, who was the last colonial assassin, decided to take up sewing after he lost against the templars?

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 11:57 PM
They explain the game that they weren't Achilles'... so.. I guess so?

Sesheenku
06-23-2014, 01:18 AM
So you're saying Achilles, who was the last colonial assassin, decided to take up sewing after he lost against the templars?

They no longer have a back room with small ponds and Syrian ladies to do their sewing, they had to start doing it themselves ;P