PDA

View Full Version : NEW GAMEPLAY!.....Well Kinda..

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 02:43 PM
He plays the demo differently and shows the inside of Notre Dame.

http://youtu.be/8YoE5US5uhc

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 02:45 PM
Oh my god move your dam fat head!

jayjay275
06-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Great thread and find!

deskp
06-14-2014, 02:49 PM
What what, they show the interior already!

Bad camera man tho.

Animusaurus
06-14-2014, 03:00 PM
looks brilliant, but god i hate idiots who stand in front of the camera smirking their face.

Thanks a lot though!.

ze_topazio
06-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Stupid cameraman is stupid.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Nice find... Crappy camera work lol

Legendz54
06-14-2014, 03:09 PM
So now apparently when you finish a co op mission you get transported back to the open world and can free roam with you friends!

jdowny
06-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Interesting sentence he uses:

"Does it give you more points or achievements if you do things in stealth?"
"No not really, there's different ways... I think we have constraints but I'm not too sure where we are about that."

This might mean that optional objectives aren't as certain as we thought. So if there's any time to voice concern about OOs, now's probably the time instead of after it's released.

Megas_Doux
06-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Nice find!

rrebe
06-14-2014, 03:34 PM
It's great that there's new gameplay footage to see, but it would be even more great if the viewers could actually see it properly :D

Anyway, a very interesting video!

MasterAssasin84
06-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Interesting sentence he uses:

"Does it give you more points or achievements if you do things in stealth?"
"No not really, there's different ways... I think we have constraints but I'm not too sure where we are about that."

This might mean that optional objectives aren't as certain as we thought. So if there's any time to voice concern about OOs, now's probably the time instead of after it's released.

Key Word Freedom to act as you see worthy !!

I am really liking the fact that Unity is going down the avenue of making the player really feel like an Assassin .

I have never had a problem with Constraints only keep them minimal .

MasterAssasin84
06-14-2014, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzBJPOcmke0

​I think this the full commented version of the Footage in the back ground at the start of this thread.

Kirokill
06-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Same demo, different gameplay. Just from the landing, the final jump in the commented demo he drops while in that footage he jump right.

prince162010
06-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Nice find, awesome interview .

RatonhnhakeFan
06-14-2014, 04:55 PM
That Nore Dame interior <3

Mr_Shade
06-14-2014, 07:12 PM
guys..

Lets drop the insults please..

The video is an INTERVIEW - not GAMEPLAY - so they filed the people having and doing the INTERVIEW...

lothario-da-be
06-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Nice find, awesome interview .
Am I the only one who thougt it was a crap interview?
Or maybe it was because I wanted to see the interior of the Notre Dame...

Hans684
06-14-2014, 07:25 PM
Am I the only one who thougt it was a crap interview?
Or maybe it was because I wanted to see the interior of the Notre Dame...

And disappointing, he didn't ask about Comet.

lothario-da-be
06-14-2014, 07:29 PM
And disappointing, he didn't ask about Comet.
lol, every interviewer should ask about Comet now, and then we should make a compilation of all their reactions :p

Hans684
06-14-2014, 08:18 PM
lol, every interviewer should ask about Comet now, and then we should make a compilation of all their reactions :p

The Golden Age of Interview Reactions.

lothario-da-be
06-14-2014, 08:23 PM
The Golden Age of Interview Reactions.
LOL
seriously, we should put so much pressure on ubi ( or that dude in my sig) that they have to reveal it.

deskpe
06-14-2014, 08:26 PM
guys..

Lets drop the insults please..

The video is an INTERVIEW - not GAMEPLAY - so they filed the people having and doing the INTERVIEW...

Yes but i think it shows they dont udnerstand gamers wants. Should have framed it better.

JustPlainQuirky
06-14-2014, 08:40 PM

This.

DumbGamerTag94
06-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Key Word Freedom to act as you see worthy !!

I am really liking the fact that Unity is going down the avenue of making the player really feel like an Assassin .

I have never had a problem with Constraints only keep them minimal .

I personally am willing to bet that the optional objectives in this game will be more like additional things you can do to have the ideal scenario. The way the assassin did it. Now I'm not talking about stupid nonsensical stuff like "assassinate the target with rope dart" or "kill 3 brutes with smoke bombs". That is pointless and annoying for the sake of being challenging.

I think in Unity it will probably be challenging. But also effect the mission slightly. They won't tell you how to kill your target or where to go. But they might have something like "prevent the execution" if the target is giving a speech at a guillotine. That way Arno rescues the person. But you aren't forced to save that person. Things like that. Prevent soldiers from firing on crowd. Etc. and your actions could potentially alert your target. Meaning not only would you have to try to figure out a way to achieve the side objective. But also consider if it is worth your while. It would force you to make hard choices. And also make you use your brain if you really want to find a way to make it all work without risking failing another objective.

Things that don't really effect the mission or story but make sense as the Ideal outcome the way an assassin would do it. That way it 100% syncs with what Arno did.

But I don't want them telling me how to approach or what weapon to use. If they do optional objectives like I listed above I would love it

Hans684
06-14-2014, 08:58 PM
LOL
seriously, we should put so much pressure on ubi ( or that dude in my sig) that they have to reveal it.

Have to agree, did anyone see Corey's reaction when asked if Cross was going to be in AC3 or Darby/Ashraf's reaction when asked if Haymich was going to be in Black Flag? The pressure hit them hard.

lothario-da-be
06-14-2014, 09:07 PM
Have to agree, did anyone see Corey's reaction when asked if Cross was going to be in AC3 or Darby/Ashraf's reaction when asked if Haymich was going to be in Black Flag? The pressure hit them hard.
Are there any easily traceable recordings of that? Would love to see it.

Hans684
06-14-2014, 09:15 PM
Are there any easily traceable recordings of that? Would love to see it.

I used to deliver news for the AC wiki, you may find them in my page. There is a section(like every wiki) showing all comments the person has made(me in this case). Other than that I don't have the links them selves and I don't remember where to find them. May the odds forever be in your favor.

SixKeys
06-15-2014, 02:30 AM
What the hell happens to Arno at 3:47? There's a gust of wind blowing up bits of paper and he does some weird motion with his hands. Next to him are some guys carrying things. A glitch, or could it be the return of gentle push?

Shahkulu101
06-15-2014, 02:39 AM
Looked to me like a glitch, as if Arno thought he was wading through a crowd. There's a chance it could be a gentle push button like you say as well.

I was thinking. I wonder if the landmarks in Paris will be like Platforming missions in of themselves, but just entirely seamless and not technically objectives. For instance in Notre Dame we could see a particular climbing path leading upwards, then it turns out there's a route all the way up to the top and we find a special reward of some sort. I think that'd be awesome.

I wonder how they will handle platforming missions. I expect the Catacombs to be platforming based and a more stimulating underground location than the Mason tunnels, yet similar in concept. I don't they'd pass up the chance to have us explore other historic locations though.

Legendz54
06-15-2014, 02:44 AM
What the hell happens to Arno at 3:47? There's a gust of wind blowing up bits of paper and he does some weird motion with his hands. Next to him are some guys carrying things. A glitch, or could it be the return of gentle push?

It looks similar to when Connor puts his arm up signalling the guy wanting to give him a random quest when he enters the patriot camp in the AC3 demo.

Ureh
06-15-2014, 04:03 AM

Maybe he's shooting a pigeon with the phantom blade?! :p

Better watch out for this one:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/polls/590000/590718_1291382014685_full.jpg

poptartz20
06-15-2014, 06:49 AM
Tbh... the interview wasn't too bad but he's not a great interviewer. Lol. With some more practice he'll be even better though!

On the other hand I am really loving the seamless integration with the whole game (even more so than Black Flag) I wish we could have seen more of Notre Dame though. Urghh.. I hope there are more clips that come out soon. other than that looks like there is a 4 mos wait. :/

Legendz54
06-15-2014, 07:00 AM
Managed to find another interview

http://youtu.be/oI9xinWTR4k

Ureh
06-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Tbh... the interview wasn't too bad but he's not a great interviewer. Lol. With some more practice he'll be even better though!

On the other hand I am really loving the seamless integration with the whole game (even more so than Black Flag) I wish we could have seen more of Notre Dame though. Urghh.. I hope there are more clips that come out soon. other than that looks like there is a 4 mos wait. :/

Yep I guess we'll just have to be surprised. Kinda wish for a little more... Alex did say in the demo, "But we'll leave that for another day." Or something along those lines when they showed the npcs arguing for grain.

poptartz20
06-15-2014, 07:08 AM
Ahhh! that's nice to know that you can actually play those mission solo! Because sometimes people online can be ridiculous to play with.