PDA

View Full Version : Things you are wondering about AC:U

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 10:59 AM
Just wanted to list some questions I have for AC:U. Feel free to add :)! Some of the questions won't get answered before we play the game ofc.

Parkour:

How autmatic is ascend/descend? Do you just hold the buttons (RT+A/B) and Arno does it, or do you have to use the stick as well?
What will the skill tree be like? Will there be extra controllable moves to unlock, or will they just lock out features like leap of faith from the start?
Will gear influence parkour and if so how?
Are platforming/tomb levels back?

Combat:

How does it work? There seems to be more moves and the healthbar is back. But I still really don't get how it plays. Maybe a developer walkthrough down the line Ubi ;)?

Stealth:

Will we see any substantial improvements to enemy AI?
Are there any tools not yet revealed that we can use to manipulate the AI?

Mission design:

AC3-4 both suffered from incredibly long tutorials. How will AC:U address this issue? Will they find a way to pull some of it out of the campaign?
How will AMM work out in the actual game? It sounds amazing on paper, but also really tough to make it feel right in practice. For example will everyone we tail conveniently have the info we are looking for in their pocket?
The murder mystery missions we saw in the demo, how will they work?

Customization:

They talked about various gear having various effects. Will there always be trade-offs, so there is no one set up that is optimal?
What exactly will these various effects be?
How will gear be obtained?

World:

How varied will the city interiors be?
Will we really get 38 landmarks with full interiors?
The catacombs, how will they make them exciting to explore and platform and not like AC3's tunnels?
How will they differentiate the various districts?
Is Versaille part of the same landmass? Is there a more rural area in between?
How will the city renovation work this time? What about the economy?

Collectibles:

Will they follow the current Ubi open-world algorithm and just drown the world in generic collectibles? Or will they try and have more unique ones with interesting ways of obtaining them?

HUD customization:

Will the game be playable without HUD
Is SSI finally split so we can remove icons over enemies heads and still get info on loot?

pirate1802
06-14-2014, 11:05 AM
Yeah I'm iffy about the new parkour as well. If it is just you holding buttons while Arno finds a way then **** that, not excited about it.

jayjay275
06-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Just the entire new gameplay. Combat sounds different and stealth looks much bettter. However, one thing about the AC games that sort of pesters me is the side content. I want side content that will last me for ages, like 150 hours+. Give us random events damn it.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 11:16 AM
Yeah I'm iffy about the new parkour as well. If it is just you holding buttons while Arno finds a way then **** that, not excited about it.

Yeah it almost sound more automatic in some ways. But then there is this:

"#DevTip: If you fall too far and are about to take damage, use the Roll move as you land to minimize the damage taken." ( http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-147127-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32 )

It sounds like we now control the roll when we land, similar to Tomb Raider?

pirate1802
06-14-2014, 11:21 AM
Tomb Raider had Roll on fall? I thought Mirror's Edge had that, roll after you fall thing..

Yes this with optional objectives still persisting are the two things somewhat dampening my hype level.

Lol and the cover system is exactly like tomb raider, auto snapon, just like I wanted. :p Wolf wanted a crouch button. So I guess we got what we both wanted hue

sem1rek
06-14-2014, 11:22 AM
System requirements (PC player here), I am really curious what parameters will be required tu run it considering seamless map and all those crowds and details. I am also wondering about optimization, especially if Ubi listened to the complaints about last game's optimization.

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 11:27 AM
Tomb Raider had Roll on fall? I thought Mirror's Edge had that, roll after you fall thing..

Yes this with optional objectives still persisting are the two things somewhat dampening my hype level.

Lol and the cover system is exactly like tomb raider, auto snapon, just like I wanted. :p Wolf wanted a crouch button. So I guess we got what we both wanted hue

Yeah if you press the sprint button right befor you touch the ground Lara will roll! Exactly the same mechanic as in Mirror's Edge and Sleeping Dogs. Tomb Raider is a great game to draw inspiration from ;)!

andreycvetov
06-14-2014, 11:27 AM
I am wondering about how co-op will be integrated in the singleplayer.We will have a SP menu and a co-op menu,in which we have ,let's say.15 missions.Will i be seamless,like i play,and a message pops saying that a friend wants to enter my game,I permit it,and we start exploring?Or will it be something like co-op maps that we will explore together,only to assassinate?

jayjay275
06-14-2014, 11:30 AM
Will co-op be free-roaming or mission only?

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 11:33 AM

I think co-op is restricted to so called Brotherhood missions. But they haven't said it clearly, maybe because they know it's not what people want to hear.

jayjay275
06-14-2014, 11:34 AM
That's a shame, but it is still a good addition I guess. Free-roaming with your friends would be awesome.

m4r-k7
06-14-2014, 11:35 AM

Confirmed it will be free roaming and missions.
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06/13/assassin-s-creed-unity-s-story-missions-won-t-allow-multiplayer

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 11:39 AM
http://www.gamezone.com/news/2014/06/13/assassin-s-creed-unity-s-story-missions-won-t-allow-multiplayer

I had interpreted them wrong then.Thanks for clarifying that!

jayjay275
06-14-2014, 11:40 AM

Great find! Kudos.

m4r-k7
06-14-2014, 11:42 AM
No probs

Man free roaming with friends would be so awesome! Oh also I think every outfit is customizable in terms of re-colouring it. In an interview, the guy said you can recolour your outfit.

pirate1802
06-14-2014, 11:51 AM
co-op freeroaming??????????

http://i.imgur.com/326gJjM.png

ladosefan
06-14-2014, 12:28 PM
what is the health system gonna be?auto filling synchronisation like ac3 and ac4 or hp cured with medicine like the ezio trilogy?i ask cuz in this photo it seems we will have potions which in my opinion ruin the animus/synchronisation aspect and make it a lot more rpg like

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/5827d8c659ce7722e1d067cf763e11eb.jpg

Kirokill
06-14-2014, 12:45 PM
I believe potions will be AC2 like medicine that refills health however your health can still naturally generate.

ladosefan
06-14-2014, 02:51 PM
I believe potions will be AC2 like medicine that refills health however your health can still naturally generate.

I certainly hope so :) medicines are a little mehhh what about notoriety system?i certainly hope it wont be back :nonchalance:

deskp
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM
I certainly hope so :) medicines are a little mehhh what about notoriety system?i certainly hope it wont be back :nonchalance:

I thought the noteriety system was a good way of keeping the world mroe dynamic, the higher noteriety the ahrder the enemies got.

ladosefan
06-14-2014, 03:18 PM
I thought the noteriety system was a good way of keeping the world mroe dynamic, the higher noteriety the ahrder the enemies got.

well i mostly meant about the system of decreasing notoriety,for example the whole city is looking for you and you tear down 3 wanted posters and u are incognito again?it seems highly unrealistic.I would like a more realistic system or none at all :p
an example of making it more realistic:Maybe you get assigned to solve a murder mystery by the guards in order to redeem youself and become incognito again or do some 'good actions' like catch a thief

dxsxhxcx
06-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Just wanted to list some questions I have for AC:U. Feel free to add :)! Some of the questions won't get answered before we play the game ofc.

Parkour:

What will the skill tree be like? Will there be extra controllable moves to unlock, or will they just lock out features like leap of faith from the start? Since Ubisoft loves to use mechanics from their other games, I assume we can expect a skill tree similar to Watch Dogs with the pilars being "Combat", "Movement" and "Special abilities" (like lockpick and this kind of thing);

Combat:

How does it work? There seems to be more moves and the healthbar is back. But I still really don't get how it plays. Maybe a developer walkthrough down the line Ubi ;)? (my two cents) think of it as the previous combat system without use counter attacks.

Mission design:

The murder mystery missions we saw in the demo, how will they work? a dream come true would be if this worked in a similar way as the Deadshot side mission in Batman Arkham City;

I'm really skeptical about the combat system.

Kirokill
06-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Skill trees are:-
1- Navigation
2- Combat
3- Stealth

Navigation is parkour and extra moves. Maybe even faster sprinting.
Combat might be more damage and extra moves.
Stealth is less detection, faster in stealth mode, faster lock picking, etc..

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 04:09 PM
will there be snowy winters

will there be cats and dogs

will there be outfits of previous assassins that are actually implemented well?

jetlee2777
06-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Well the most wondering thing about Assasins Creed Unity for me is,that there is no more multiplayer mode?,I mean why Ubisoft have you removed it I donīt understand.

will there be outfits of previous assassins that are actually implemented well?

@Jexx21 Well I think so as in any assasins creed game you could always achieve outfits of previous assasins such like Altair,Ezio or Connor.

Regards,

jetlee2777

AherasSTRG
06-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Only question: If I like a hood design, is there going to be a piece of gear with the specific design, that also compliments my specific playstyle - no matter what that is?

Dome500
06-14-2014, 07:43 PM
I am hoping for/guessing:

Parkour:

More Control about the parkour (like the roll or the directions) but keep it fluid. Still, everything more than a 1-button-press is an improvement
That LoF and stuff like that is not locked. I think there are things that IMPROVE the abilities you have. Like, let's say: Lockpicking, being able to carry heavy weapons, Making parkour faster maybe, the "roll" to reduce damage from heights, improved air assassination range, longer eagle sense duration, etc. Stuff like that.
I hope gear will influence parkour seriously. More heavy gear = slightly slower Parkour but more armor, etc.
I do SO hope plaforming/tomb levels are back. LOVED them. Was a shame AC3 and AC4 had so little of them.

Combat:

Hoping for a dev gameplay walkthorugh. I think the main point is the removal of the counter. We seem to be able to make light attacks and heavy attacks (like in The Witcher 2) and we can dodge and parry (in order to open up weaknesses in the enemies defenses). We might even be able to counter but a counter does not mean instant-death which I personally fins genius. Also enemies seem to be able to attack faster and more in coordination. That alone should be enough to make combat challenging.

Stealth:

I sure hope there will be improvements to A.I. The developers for example spoke about the fact that if you are not in stealth mode and you are running the enemies will hear you and turn around.
I personally am hoping for non-lethal Stealth tools, distraction tools (long due), and better smoke bombs. Beyond that the good ol whistling and some other extras would be cool. We know there is lockpicking to open up alternate paths.

Mission Design:

I am hoping for an optional tutorial a la Deus Ex Human revolution (press "TAB" for tutorial message) or a short tutorial a la Splinter Cell Blacklist Guam
I'm hoping for variety in AMM, like that most of the time there will be 2/3 or 3/4 options you can do a mission. I think it will be pretty open and I think YES almost everyone will have that letter. But I don't find that bad to be honest, if I want to play otherwise I just do and I pretend the guy doesn't have a letter. The more freedom the better.
I'm wondering that too. From what I heard it could be a little bit like Batman Arkham series side missions with looking for evidence, following leads and then solving the thing. Would be cool IMO

Customization:

I do dearly hope that there will be no "ideal/optimal" outfit. I hope for a variety of stats that each have advantages and disadvantages
One example is the pre-order bonus "longer duration of eagle sense". I guess and hope that there will only be small advantages which "reinforce" your playstyle. My guess is the gear is a support but is not needed
Hmmm.... good question, how? I guess missions some, side missions other, looting others and maybe even Tombs for the special ones..? (I hope so)

World:

My guess is interiors will have small differences, some different NPCs and some nice side missions. Aside from that not much I guess. Nobleman interiors will of course be a lot more glorious, big and golden-red while the interiors of normal peasants will be simple, wooden and woking-class-style. Also there are the political cafes, will be interesting to see those, always wanted to see them. I hope they can re-create them authentically.
Why should we not get 38 landmarks with interiors? That's what they said. Not all of them will be as big, but who cares, sounds great.
I would love a mix of the AC3 tunnels and the AC2/B/R tombs. I LOVED the tombs while the AC3 underground had an amazing design but was boring due to lack of interaction and interesting things down there. However, I expect ACU's catacombs to be bigger in scale because the Paris underground is not that small and we are in a very big city, especially in comparison with the colonies.
I hope from variation in wealth in terms of districts and also hope for specialization in other categories (brothels in the shady districts, working-class district, rich middle-class district (they were rich but also revolted because they had no political say), nobleman district, thiefs in the underground, etc.)
I'm hoping for a rural area between Versailles and Paris to show that the normal Farmers also had their part in the revolution due to the feudal-system, taxes and other problems.
Developers said there will be Political Cafes we can build to gain influence over a district. My best guess is that we are able to build these cafes and expand them in order to make money. Normal shops will exist without us doing anything and we can probably buy clothes, weapons, etc. from them. The cafes are probably also meeting point of the Assassin Brotherhood (either in the cellar/basement underground or on the higher levels). Can we train Assassins again? I don't think so, since we are not masters but only part of the Brotherhood.

Collectibles:

I am hoping for more unique and reasonable collectibles rather than useless or boring ones, I do not want to collect 100x of what-the-hell-do-I-care, I want something that makes sense, is interesting and fits the setting.

HUD:

I'm hoping for good HUD customization this time

Sushiglutton
06-14-2014, 08:11 PM
^^ Great post, thank you :)!

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 10:06 PM
As some people have asked, Parkour looks cool but it does concern me when it comes to automation, I do want to influence the direction with the stick, so if I move diagonally Arno will go down in a diagonal fashion.

That seems to possibly be the case but I'm not sure, the video where he flies down Notre Dame shows him take a diagonal path, where he goes not just down but also side ways.

Essentially I think that up and down are controlled by the two buttons and the stick can control the path by moving it not just down but also to the left or right and then we can of course let go of the parkour up/down button and continue left/right.

That's how it seems it's going to be and I really hope that's how it is. Automated down and up seems to be a given and that's fine, as long as the stick still controls the left and right.

I agree with Dome on customization, I want an outfit that is almost like a class outfit, that ups the skills you use and doesn't affect the ones you don't.

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 12:57 AM
I'm most curious as to how much they're going to alter each target's circumstances of death. I mean, tons of people died in the FR but most of the notable ones are extremely well-documented. Hell, Robespierre and like four other main players were guillotined on the same day. I sort of feel like it would be almost mandatory for them to bend history a bit here and give us a sequence set entirely on that one day, comprised of nothing but five assassination missions right in a row.

Edit- Also, interiors of political cafes are cool and all, but I REALLY hope there's enough dialogue to make them cool. I remember this bar in W_D with the drinking game, there was this girl beside me who recounted the story of this party she went to where her friend got so wasted he wet himself... DOZENS OF TIMES. I heard the same dialogue loop twice per round of the drinking game. It was maddening.

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 12:59 AM
As some people have asked, Parkour looks cool but it does concern me when it comes to automation, I do want to influence the direction with the stick, so if I move diagonally Arno will go down in a diagonal fashion.

That seems to possibly be the case but I'm not sure, the video where he flies down Notre Dame shows him take a diagonal path, where he goes not just down but also side ways.

Essentially I think that up and down are controlled by the two buttons and the stick can control the path by moving it not just down but also to the left or right and then we can of course let go of the parkour up/down button and continue left/right.

That's how it seems it's going to be and I really hope that's how it is. Automated down and up seems to be a given and that's fine, as long as the stick still controls the left and right.

I agree with Dome on customization, I want an outfit that is almost like a class outfit, that ups the skills you use and doesn't affect the ones you don't.

One article (I think the Ubiblog one on navigation) confirmed that the stick does affect movement.

pacmanate
06-15-2014, 01:00 AM
The story.

AC3, again I will say is amazing technically with all the new stuff it bought. Foot placements, new animations, new moves, rock climbing, snow but the story was all over the place, pacing, OO's were just dumb.

I am getting the same vibe from Unity. Everything LOOKS great, every feature sounds and im sure will play amazingly.

But if the story sucks, the whole game will. *prays for good story*

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-15-2014, 01:30 AM
The story.

AC3, again I will say is amazing technically with all the new stuff it bought. Foot placements, new animations, new moves, rock climbing, snow but the story was all over the place, pacing, OO's were just dumb.

I am getting the same vibe from Unity. Everything LOOKS great, every feature sounds and im sure will play amazingly.

True. That's why I'm not getting too excited yet.

Megas_Doux
06-15-2014, 01:36 AM
The story.

I liked the core of the story,. bur not the pacing and DEFINITELY not the mission design......

SixKeys
06-15-2014, 01:53 AM
The story.

I'm more about atmosphere than story. All ACs have had fairly simple and straightforward stories, bar AC3 which I don't think was necessarily bad so much as it was confusing. AC3 got a lot more wrong than just the story. If it was just the story that was problematic, I would be more forgiving towards it. Even if Unity's story is disappointing, I think I will enjoy it a lot more on a technical level, as long as they deliver on all the stuff they've shown in the demos.

Legendz54
06-15-2014, 02:03 AM
The story.

It actually sounds pretty good from what I hear.. In an Interview he said we will see him become and Assassin and actually go through the initiation.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 02:12 AM
It actually sounds pretty good from what I hear.. In an Interview he said we will see him become and Assassin and actually go through the initiation.

I'll be pissed off if this is another 12 sequence game with three sequences wasted doing **** all.

They need to devote at the MOST one sequence to his childhood. UNLESS this game has more sequences than the others.

It really pissed me off how basically AC3 is 6 sequences of Connor being an assassin... six sequences... three less than the games with the lowest amount of sequences.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 03:17 AM

There's an initiation?

interesting

I wonder what replaced the cutting off finger tradition then

souNdwAve89
06-15-2014, 03:24 AM
There's an initiation?

interesting

A ring pop

http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets/item/large/ring-pop-on-hand.jpg

In seriousness though, I don't think it'll be branding the finger like what the Italian Assassins did to Ezio in AC2, and then the Assassins in Brotherhood.

Legendz54
06-15-2014, 03:25 AM
There's an initiation?

interesting

Yea I wonder as well.. Havent seen a proper Initiation since AC2 I think.

projectpat06
06-15-2014, 03:29 AM
Just the entire new gameplay. Combat sounds different and stealth looks much bettter. However, one thing about the AC games that sort of pesters me is the side content. I want side content that will last me for ages, like 150 hours+. Give us random events damn it.

This. And diverse side content. I understand that in order to 100% the game, they have to limit the side missions, but why not do use the same feature they patched in for far cry that allows you to reset everything

Ureh
06-15-2014, 03:38 AM
Me too. I'm interested in knowing exactly how all the climbing, platforming, and controlled descent work. Controlled descent seems to be a glorified leap of faith, so I'm guessing it's fairly automatic except when we choose to stop or change directions (maybe).

Would also like to see footage of Arno facing multiple enemies (at least a dozen). And how weapons stats will matter this time.

Last but not least, I hope we can see more details about how upgrading Eagle vision/sense/pulse will work.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 03:39 AM
This is not so much something that I wonder, as something that I'm --gasp-- concerned about:

Will it get delayed, like Batman Arkham Knight?

Some of the developer interviews on the ign making of video suggest that they're a long way from finishing up. Not that I know anything about game development schedules; but still.....

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 03:52 AM
One article (I think the Ubiblog one on navigation) confirmed that the stick does affect movement.

Ah good, it's perfect then, we basically have all the control we used to have and more, up and down are just different buttons.

I'm more about atmosphere than story. All ACs have had fairly simple and straightforward stories, bar AC3 which I don't think was necessarily bad so much as it was confusing. AC3 got a lot more wrong than just the story. If it was just the story that was problematic, I would be more forgiving towards it. Even if Unity's story is disappointing, I think I will enjoy it a lot more on a technical level, as long as they deliver on all the stuff they've shown in the demos.

Same. The Ezio saga is thick with atmosphere and that's part of what makes it great.

So far this one looks pretty atmospheric and the tone seems right. The only element I need to know of is the music, that will be highly important for atmosphere.

I'm a mechanical person myself, I love the story but they'll get me hooked by telling me the mechanics are improved first then as long as the story isn't utter garbage I'll love the game.

This is not so much something that I wonder, as something that I'm --gasp-- concerned about:

Some of the developer interviews on the ign making of video suggest that they're a long way from finishing up. Not that I know anything about game development schedules; but still.....

I seriously wouldn't mind as long as the time is used to deliver EVERYTHING shown. That includes the current graphical fidelity and all the core changes as well as the scale and scope of the city and crowds and the side missions shown thus far.

Just please... don't pull a ****ing watch dogs.

JustPlainQuirky
06-15-2014, 03:54 AM
I hope the initiation is something really stupid.

SixKeys
06-15-2014, 04:02 AM
I'm curious about the reworked white room scenes. They said you'll no longer have a long conversation with your target, but will see their life flashing before their eyes before they die. I don't know yet if they can pull it off, I've always liked the white room conversations (immersion-breaking as they are), but I like how fresh it sounds.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-15-2014, 04:05 AM
Me too. I'm interested in knowing exactly how all the climbing, platforming, and controlled descent work. Controlled descent seems to be a glorified leap of faith, so I'm guessing it's fairly automatic except when we choose to stop or change directions (maybe).If it's a glorified leap of faith from any point we want, then it sure is a fantastic little change most veteran AC players hoped for. May not be suuuuuper significant and game-changing, but it sure will improve the gameplay experience tremendously. It was already better in AC3/4 to be able to 'hop' down from many buildings

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:07 AM
If it's a glorified leap of faith from any point we want, then it sure is a fantastic little change most veteran AC players hoped for. May not be suuuuuper significant and game-changing, but it sure will improve the gameplay experience tremendously. It was already better in AC3/4 to be able to 'hop' down from many buildings

I feel it's quite game changing really, I can see myself soaring off the building and transitioning into an air assassination instead of continuing to parkour.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 04:09 AM
I feel it's quite game changing really, I can see myself soaring off the building and transitioning into an air assassination instead of continuing to parkour.

Besides the whole 'conveniently placed haystack' thing was getting kinda silly....

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:17 AM
Besides the whole 'conveniently placed haystack' thing was getting kinda silly....

Agreed, it was amusing at first but just got ridiculous.

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 07:39 AM
Agreed, it was amusing at first but just got ridiculous.

Especially the one you used to get down from the Assassin Tomb in the Duomo, there was a freaking haystack on the roof of the Florence Cathedral :nonchalance:

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 07:43 AM

This actually worries me a little bit... the last thing I want to see is another AC3 situation. IMO it should be one mission as kiddie Arno giving us his backstory and whatnot, maybe a few training missions (it would certainly be better to get all the tutorials out of the way right at the beginning instead of stretching them out across the entire game), and then jump straight to a cutscene of his initiation. One hour of non-Assassin Arno at the absolute maximum.

wvstolzing
06-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Especially the one you used to get down from the Assassin Tomb in the Duomo, there was a freaking haystack on the roof of the Florence Cathedral :nonchalance:

That was for the mules, that were used to transport the..... never mind.

In ACR, you could leap into shrubberies and flower beds-----engineered specially to have soft, fluffy twigs and thorns.

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 07:53 AM
That was for the mules, that were used to transport the..... never mind.

In ACR, you could leap into shrubberies and flower beds-----engineered specially to have soft, fluffy twigs and thorns.

Lol yeah, I forgot about those.

travilanche
06-15-2014, 09:02 AM
I want to know if hunting is included. Especially since one of the pre order bonuses is a "hunting rifle".

I love the hunting and would miss it.

LoyalACFan
06-15-2014, 10:37 AM
I want to know if hunting is included. Especially since one of the pre order bonuses is a "hunting rifle".

Wouldn't read too much into the hunting rifle thing, that's just a descriptor for the weapon itself.

ladosefan
06-15-2014, 10:49 AM

i doubt there will be hunting unless there is some rural area with deers,foxes,wolves etc between paris and versailes.what could you hunt in paris except for dogs and cats? :p

ACfan443
06-15-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm curious about the reworked white room scenes. They said you'll no longer have a long conversation with your target, but will see their life flashing before their eyes before they die. I don't know yet if they can pull it off, I've always liked the white room conversations (immersion-breaking as they are), but I like how fresh it sounds.

Don't know if you've played it, but it actually sounds very similar to the way the character interacts with villains in Infamous Second Son:

http://youtu.be/ejAzlBjQym8

14:30

Sushiglutton
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM
Me too. I'm interested in knowing exactly how all the climbing, platforming, and controlled descent work. Controlled descent seems to be a glorified leap of faith, so I'm guessing it's fairly automatic except when we choose to stop or change directions (maybe).

I will say though that even if controlled descent is fully automatic it's still a cool addition imo. I mean it's better than looking for doves and then do a leap of fatih, which you obv don't control at all on the way down.

Would also like to see footage of Arno facing multiple enemies (at least a dozen). And how weapons stats will matter this time.

Last but not least, I hope we can see more details about how upgrading Eagle vision/sense/pulse will work.

Curious about these things as well!

Part of me actually wants the game to get delayed. Delays are great as they prove the producer is dedicated to top quality. AC3 should have been delayed. It would be nice to get proof that Ubi is willing to delay an AC game if they have to.

Hmm a hunting rifle? Seems like we will be able to carry rifles this time. Wonder how the aiming will work.

jayjay275
06-15-2014, 11:20 AM
We will see any rural areas - perhaps on the outskirts of Paris?

Animusaurus
06-15-2014, 01:24 PM
We will see any rural areas - perhaps on the outskirts of Paris?
We will be seeing Versailles apparently, and i think the outskirts of Paris…where all the aristocratic palaces and Jardins were, so the areas where nobles went for a nice retreat from parisian life…stuff like that.

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 12:02 AM
Oh I wonder how notoriety will play a part if at all.

If it does ffs... please not like the AC3 system which gets you to a compromised stealth status with the slightest of actions.

Ureh
06-16-2014, 07:29 AM
Keep thinking about what they said in the co-op demo. That detection would be a completely different experience and outcome. What outcome!? O.o o.O

Sesheenku
06-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Keep thinking about what they said in the co-op demo. That detection would be a completely different experience and outcome. What outcome!? O.o o.O

Don't know, perhaps they'll try to alert others now instead of immediately attacking, or even pretend they didn't see you and walk off and bring a bunch of other soldiers lol. That would be pretty awesome.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 03:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls0ezGEfR30

There's moderates in this game.

Things might not be so black/white with templar/assassin afterall :o

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm excited by the notion of the aggressor & protector factions. Allows aggressive AI when necessary without the whole city being swamped by irrationally belligerent guards.

Megas_Doux
06-29-2014, 04:57 PM
I wonder if ACU will manage to deliver as much as good side content as AC IV, my concern lies in fact that most of those missions were possible due to the fact Edward was a pirate in the caribbean: plantations ,Forts, the never ending boarding mechanic and not "pure" "assassin" stuff.....Only time will tell.

The other is if those good old platforming levels will be back.

roostersrule2
06-29-2014, 05:05 PM
I wonder if ACU will manage to deliver as much as good side content as AC IV, my concern lies in fact that most of those missions were possible due to the fact Edward was a pirate in the caribbean: plantations ,Forts, the never ending boarding mechanic and not "pure" "assassin" stuff.....Only time will tell.

The other is if those good old platforming levels will be back.The Murder Mystery things seem alright, and their seem to be a couple different types of them. It'll be good if they're branching missions like the stranger missions in RDR or Templar Hunts in AC4.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 05:14 PM
I LOVE murder/mystery genre so I'm glad it's in this game.

But I'm pretty sure it'll be oversimplified and less about figuring it out and more of go to where your eagle vision detects.

But hey maybe itll be good we'll see.

SixKeys
06-29-2014, 05:23 PM

The other is if those good old platforming levels will be back.

The "good old platforming levels" were no more 'pure' from an assassin point of view than plantations or ship boarding. I like them, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why people claim the tombs were somehow an integral part of the assassin experience when they were basically just "pull this lever, jump over here, open treasure chest" puzzles. Nothing to do with assassinating. At least ship boarding allowed for different approaches and actually killing people.

Megas_Doux
06-29-2014, 06:13 PM
The "good old platforming levels" were no more 'pure' from an assassin point of view than plantations or ship boarding. I like them, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why people claim the tombs were somehow an integral part of the assassin experience when they were basically just "pull this lever, jump over here, open treasure chest" puzzles. Nothing to do with assassinating. At least ship boarding allowed for different approaches and actually killing people.

Oh sure, I agree with you!

I dont "dismiss" content as "pure" or "non pure" just because as long I as like it. I only pointed the fact that most of that good content was there thanks to the setting,those platforming levels are not different.I was not clear enough with the explanation hehe.

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 06:15 PM
To me the only thing pure assassin-y in assassin's creed is the element of approaching someone and stabbing them. :cool:

Wolfmeister1010
06-29-2014, 08:01 PM
I forgot where but I read something about possible animus "rifts" returning in Unity.

BTW, honest to god it has been 20 days, where is IGN making AC Unity part 2. Where is the Customization/open world sections on the main site???

GreySkellig
06-29-2014, 08:25 PM
BTW, honest to god it has been 20 days, where is IGN making AC Unity part 2. Where is the Customization/open world sections on the main site???

I came here to say exactly those two things. I left the country for two weeks, expecting a bunch of new details upon my return...to be greeted with rehashes of the demo. There's been a really weird drought of information in the 3 weeks since E3, compared to the information blitz of previous games. I don't think any significant new info has gone up since the 12th. What exactly do you mean by "Coming Soon", Ubisoft? I'm an over-entitled gamer and three weeks is apparently the limit of my patience!

*with dawning horror* They can't be waiting for PAX Prime can they? That's unlikely, right? That'd be 80 days of silence. Are there any other major games conventions coming up?

Sidebar: If anyone figures out a way to make the official site's homepage GIF into a screensaver, I would love a copy. Sometimes I find myself staring at the costume variations...come on with the customization section, Ubi!

All that aside, I'm also wondering if AC:U will get the same multi-platform co-op treatment as Far Cry 4. (My best friend is a PC gamer, I'm a console guy. He just moved to the other side of the country, and it would be awesome if we could play our favorite franchise together.)

JustPlainQuirky
06-29-2014, 11:49 PM
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_1

I was only joking when I mocked the idea of Napoleon hiding the apple of eden in his shirt. Turns out it's...canon?

GreySkellig
06-30-2014, 12:04 AM
Wat???

The peripheral canon material and semi-canon stuff is so weird.

folcon98
06-30-2014, 03:56 AM
Will there be a similar system of Assassin recruits such as in AC Brotherhood? That was one of my favorite feature and would love to see it or something like it in AC Unity

JustPlainQuirky
06-30-2014, 03:58 AM
Maybe. it mightve been replaced with co-op

welcome to the forums. :o

GreySkellig
06-30-2014, 07:23 AM
I believe I heard it mentioned that the co-op component takes the place of the old brotherhood mechanic.

Jexx21
06-30-2014, 07:25 AM
skellig I think you're forgetting about gamescom, that's the next main gaming event

GreySkellig
06-30-2014, 07:47 AM
Still a heck of a long way off though, isn't it?