PDA

View Full Version : Which new feature are you the most excited about?

Sushiglutton
06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
Curious to hear what you thought was the most exciting thing about the reveal. For me it's probably the detailed interiors. I love exploring the beautiful historical locations in AC and I feel like a kid (inside!) a candy store with 38 landmarks + 25% of regular Paris to have interirors.

You may select as many options as you like in the poll, because I'm nice like that.

m4r-k7
06-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Probably the fact that its going back to the core roots of being an Assassin. But main features wise, I am looking really forward to the new parkour!

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 05:32 PM
The adaptive mission thingy and the seemingly new combat. Oh and running across Parisian rooftops with my homies.

Aphex_Tim
06-13-2014, 05:32 PM
AMM, most definitely! As long as they won't muck it up with sync based optional objectives...

The new free-running looks very nice as well!

Shahkulu101
06-13-2014, 05:34 PM
The three core mechanics being overhauled. Not really a feature but still - oh and Adaptive Mission Mechanic. Although that may end up being redundant if the optional objectives aren't done correctly...

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 05:36 PM
NONE OF THOSE

YOU ALL KNOW WHAT I WANT, AND THIS GAME PROBABLY WON'T DELIVER ON ANY OF THEM

I OF NO FAITH, rc

Sushiglutton
06-13-2014, 05:38 PM
NONE OF THOSEYOU ALL KNOW WHAT I WANT, AND THIS GAME PROBABLY WON'T DELIVER ON ANY OF THEMI OF NO FAITH, rchttp://i.imgur.com/pOQ3tgS.pngIf you want none of it, then why did you vote for all of them Did I use your emote correctly Mayrice?

Megas_Doux
06-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Interiors + New Parkour!

Yesterday, my response would have been the new mission structure, but given the revelation of optional objectives being back, I am having doubts about this "AMM" thing......

GunnerGalactico
06-13-2014, 05:39 PM
Definitely the new parkour system.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 05:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pOQ3tgS.png

If you want none of it, then why did you vote for all of it

Did use your emote correctly Mayrice?

http://i.imgur.com/9pCGuQL.png

Yes

Perfect

Welcome to the Brotherhood

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2014, 05:46 PM
I voted crowd density because it was most close to what im most excited for..
I play AC to get lost in their games..
ACU looks like it promises to be the most alive AC game to date and quite possibly the most alive game period to date.
My only concern is that it turns into True Crime Streets of LA where game content and missions are never ending, but all of these random encounters are a cycle of the exact same thing... to the point where they become more annoying than exciting.

Sushiglutton
06-13-2014, 05:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/9pCGuQL.png

Yes

Perfect

Welcome to the Brotherhood

Awesome!
http://i.imgur.com/kr8SyfP.png

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 05:50 PM
Parkour, customization, mission structure (without optional objectives, please...) and crowd density. I feel like it's gonna be weird going back to old AC games after Unity's humongous crowds.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 05:51 PM
My only concern is that it turns into True Crime Streets of LA where game content and missions are never ending

http://i.imgur.com/AdmgIgQ.png

Why is that a bad thing? I'd die for such a game. Currently the best I have is Skyrim, even that is not technically never ending. I'd say if they achieve this then it'd be a awesome achievement.

ACfan443
06-13-2014, 05:54 PM
I voted:
New Parkour
AMM & Blackbox
Stealth button
Crowd density
And detailed interiors

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2014, 05:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AdmgIgQ.png

Why is that a bad thing? I'd die for such a game. Currently the best I have is Skyrim, even that is not technically never ending. I'd say if they achieve this then it'd be a awesome achievement.

You forget the', but...' part.. the bad part isnt that they were never ending.. the problem was that they were never ending cycles of the same crimes in the same type of building and set up
After a while, i just stopped answering the calls haha

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
Co-op
Detailed interiors
New Parkour system
Stealth button
AMM + Blackbox mission design
Crowd density

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 06:03 PM
You forget the', but...' part.. the bad part isnt that they were never ending.. the problem was that they were never ending cycles of the same crimes in the same type of building and set up

This happens in RDR as well. The random events are cool, but after a while you just see the same ones over and over again.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:04 PM

Agreed here, the reason Skyrim is so great is because

1 -> You can mod it to completely change your experience

2 -> The story missions in most cases as well as the side missions are so immersive, well thought out and grand in scale that they're always a joy to do

3 -> Every playthrough can vary, you can vary your playstyle, vary what side missions you undertake and the game is so large you're always discovering something new.

Unity doesn't need to have endless missions, merely missions that are so damn good that they are repayable a dozen times over.

I can't count how many times I've replayed all the AC's save for 3 (2 times) and 4 (1 time)

lothario-da-be
06-13-2014, 06:05 PM
All of it realy, but voted for stealth, we have been waiting for it so long.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Agreed here, the reason Skyrim is so great is because

1 -> You can mod it to completely change your experience

2 -> The story missions in most cases as well as the side missions are so immersive, well thought out and grand in scale that they're always a joy to do

3 -> Every playthrough can vary, you can vary your playstyle, vary what side missions you undertake and the game is so large you're always discovering something new.

Unity doesn't need to have endless missions, merely missions that are so damn good that they are repayable a dozen times over.

I can't count how many times I've replayed all the AC's save for 3 (2 times) and 4 (1 time)

Yes, I loved the thieves guild, all of their jobs were the same, but all had different objectives, and were scattered around the world, so you were more likely to actively choose your stomach is full before it was possible for them to get redundant

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Yes, I loved the thieves guild, all of their jobs were the same, but all had different objectives, and were scattered around the world, so you were more likely to actively choose your stomach is full before it was possible for them to get redundant

Indeed, on my first playthrough I went crazy and made a Mage/Assassin/Thief and did the College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood quest lines.

MasterAssasin84
06-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Curious to hear what you thought was the most exciting thing about the reveal. For me it's probably the detailed interiors. I love exploring the beautiful historical locations in AC and I feel like a kid (inside!) a candy store with 38 landmarks + 25% of regular Paris to have interirors.

You may select as many options as you like in the poll, because I'm nice like that.

New Parkour System !! The controlled Decent really Rang my bells no more free falling onto a bale of hale rather strategically descending down the front elevation of one of Paris's grand architectural accomplishments .

But also AC is going back to its core roots.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Indeed, on my first playthrough I went crazy and made a Mage/Assassin/Thief and did the College of Winterhold, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood quest lines.

http://i.imgur.com/19Uiv2E.jpg

This is all I do in Skyrim these days, run around on my horse with my waifu. Its such a beautiful world that just seeing the sights is worth it.

Wolfmeister1010
06-13-2014, 08:24 PM
I..I can't pick. This thread made me realize finally..how many genuinely awesome things are going into the game.

If I HAD to pick one..I would probably say the customization. I LOVE all the new options. We can have a beak less hood, a beaked hood, an executioners hood with a little fabric on the back, a robe, pants, bracers, belts AHHHHHHHHH

It is kinda sad that no one really cares as much about Co Op as the main upgrades, but still it is a good sign. Co Op is awesome and I can't wait, but I am more happy about the core upgrades.

PS, am I the only one who hopes that there is a missions where you are on a boat? Like, you are assassinating a target out at sea, and the driver gets killed, and the second in command asks you to pilot, and Arno is just like "Uhh, I am an ASSASSIN. Why in the name of God would I know how to drive a damned ship? That is just silly!"

Make it happen Ubisoft.

Fatal-Feit
06-13-2014, 08:40 PM
The new combat system is very intriguing. It reminds me a whole lot of AC:1's where you're sort of focused on one guard along with a layer of light/heavy attacks.

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I..I can't pick. This thread made me realize finally..how many genuinely awesome things are going into the game.

If I HAD to pick one..I would probably say the customization. I LOVE all the new options. We can have a beak less hood, a beaked hood, an executioners hood with a little fabric on the back, a robe, pants, bracers, belts AHHHHHHHHH

It is kinda sad that no one really cares as much about Co Op as the main upgrades, but still it is a good sign. Co Op is awesome and I can't wait, but I am more happy about the core upgrades.

PS, am I the only one who hopes that there is a missions where you are on a boat? Like, you are assassinating a target out at sea, and the driver gets killed, and the second in command asks you to pilot, and Arno is just like "Uhh, I am an ASSASSIN. Why in the name of God would I know how to drive a damned ship? That is just silly!"

Make it happen Ubisoft.

What you think is going to go into the game.

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 08:42 PM
What you think is going to go into the game.

Wait, no caps lock?

I'm starting to think we have an impostor in our midst.

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Wait, no caps lock?

I'm starting to think we have an impostor in our midst.

DO YOU THINK THAT I AM PERPETUALLY RAGING

SOMETIMES I DO HAVE A BRIEF MOMENT OF CALM

----

HUGS & KISSES, rc

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 08:44 PM
You mean Pie isn't Corey May?

OOOH THE INHUMANITY

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 10:06 PM
-snip-

My un-lore friendly girl

http://i.imgur.com/1HmWQIp.jpg?1

Junkion
06-13-2014, 10:11 PM
Really wished they didn't add coop. Better be an option to play and not have to worry about kicking someone out of my single player game.

reddragonhrcro
06-13-2014, 10:15 PM
For me its Co-op, new parkour system, stealth button and deeper customization.

-Co-op is something that I was looking foward to in and AC game.
-New Parkour system looks impressive in every way.
-Stealth button is a good idea
-Deeper customization, more customization options are always welcome.

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 10:16 PM
Ok so i would have to choose the customization... i love making the character my own. However i do love the skills tree too it will really add progression to the game like AC1 and AC2 did!

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 10:17 PM
I like the new parkour.

But too bad no tickle or hug button.

oliacr
06-13-2014, 10:21 PM
nearly everything, coop, new systems, interiors ........

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Really wished they didn't add coop. Better be an option to play and not have to worry about kicking someone out of my single player game.

It doesn't work that way.... you purposely go and accept a co-op mission and invite friends...

People can't just invade your game.

rrebe
06-13-2014, 10:31 PM
It's a hard choice between all the great new features, but I think I'm most excited about customizations, parkour and co-op. And the cake.

Skill tree/customizations to have the best abilities, stealth button to sneaky sneak in dangerous places, co-op to invite some friends to the party and then escape the said party with some great new parkour moves and enjoy all the cake we just stole. Good times. :cool:

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Wait, the new parkour is holding a button for "automatically go up/down"?

Why is this the feature most people are excited for? Me no get.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 10:44 PM
I voted for parkour, stealth and AMM... AMM is obvious because I've been complaining about mission structure forever, parkour is obvious too because I wasn't a huge fan of the automated parkour of AC3-4, and stealth button because ermagerd AC needed one of these from the start.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 10:50 PM

Because now he practically flies down the building rather than slowly ambling down.

You do understand that this ENTIRELY alleviates issues where you would jump and land on a ledge you didn't want to right? Now you choose exactly what you want to grab onto, no more trying to slide under a fence and vaulting over it instead for example, no more grabbing the ledge below when you were aiming for the ledge above.

reddragonhrcro
06-13-2014, 10:51 PM

Well yeah considering the old one was fully automated sometimes it would do things you weren't gonig for.

For example you were going up but then your character instead jumps down on a ledge near by and the other way around to say it.

Now this new system helps us go where we want mre precisely.

Also under the new parkour is meant the improved fluidity and speed of parkour making it faster.

Shahkulu101
06-13-2014, 10:51 PM
I voted for parkour, stealth and AMM... AMM is obvious because I've been complaining about mission structure forever, parkour is obvious too because I wasn't a huge fan of the automated parkour of AC3-4, and stealth button because ermagerd AC needed one of these from the start.

There's nothing un-automated about the the new parkour, you just hold RT+O and Arno automatically descends down the building - the path is picked for you. Same with going upwards.

egriffin09
06-13-2014, 10:55 PM
For me, its definitely the AMM and Blackbox mission design. I think optional objectives will be taken out of ACU tbh for the first time. I think Ubisoft is really pushing player freedom in ACU missions, of course there will be some structure, but I think it will be " do it your own way" style missions. The fact that the mission aren't auto fail missions opens up a lot of possibility within missions. The AMM system will seems like you are creating your own mission (with certain perimeters set by the level designers if the player performs a certain action(s))

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 10:58 PM
"The A button [Parkour Up] will start trending you upwards. If you are on a façade or have a wall next to you, and there are props along the wall, holding A will use the façade itself - the actual wall - to scramble up to the next object that’s nearest to your current position.

On the other hand, the B button [Parkour Down] will start dropping you down objects until you reach the ground. This all happens very quickly. In fact, at one point we were toying with the idea of not even needing the leap of faith, because the player can get down facades so quickly with the B (down) option.”

- Max Spielberg, Game Designer

Sounds pretty automated to me.

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 11:00 PM
But unlike the past games the game doesn't choose for you if you want to go up or down. No more randomly climbing up buildings.

And to be honest, the AC1 system was just as automated as AC3 and AC4. The only thing that makes AC2-ACR different is the fact that the vaulting isn't automated like in AC3 and AC4. That's literally the main difference between the Ezio trilogy and AC3 and AC4 in terms of parkour: automated vaulting. Otherwise the system is the same.

Unity parkour probably still has automated vaulting but the overall system is most likely better than any other parkour system in the series.

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 11:03 PM
But unlike the past games the game doesn't choose for you if you want to go up or down. No more randomly climbing up buildings.

Huh? When did it ever do that? I thought I was guiding the direction. With the thumbstick.

Maybe I was doing it right.

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Whenever you run into a wall by accident and start climbing?

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 11:08 PM
That's not choosing up/down for me. That's just scaling a wall I run into.

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 11:12 PM
Graphics/Details, Parkour, AMM, Deep Customization and Crowd Density.
I might eventually play Co-op, but I’m more interested in the story and solo play, at least for the first play through and I hope the story will be worth the wait for both the historical and modern day segments.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 11:22 PM
There's nothing un-automated about the the new parkour, you just hold RT+O and Arno automatically descends down the building - the path is picked for you. Same with going upwards.

It's not one button. That's my entire issue with AC3's system. Run and freerun should NEVER have been mapped to one command. At least in AC1-R you could jog without randomly leaping onto obstacles.

m4r-k7
06-13-2014, 11:25 PM

And to be honest, the AC1 system was just as automated as AC3 and AC4. The only thing that makes AC2-ACR different is the fact that the vaulting isn't automated like in AC3 and AC4. That's literally the main difference between the Ezio trilogy and AC3 and AC4 in terms of parkour: automated vaulting. Otherwise the system is the same.

Unity parkour probably still has automated vaulting but the overall system is most likely better than any other parkour system in the series.

Vaulting was never automatic in AC 3 and AC 4. In order to vault you had to use RT + A (xbox controller) but if you just wanted to sit on the fence etc you would just press RT.
Sliding was sometimes automatic, although I think it depended on where you aimed the analog stick at.

HercRembrandt
06-13-2014, 11:27 PM
Run and freerun should NEVER have been mapped to one command. At least in AC1-R you could jog without randomly leaping onto obstacles.

Well, that at least is true. Still, holding a button to autoclimb and another one to autodescend doesn't sound like an increase in agency.

LoyalACFan
06-13-2014, 11:39 PM
Well, that at least is true. Still, holding a button to autoclimb and another one to autodescend doesn't sound like an increase in agency.

Just being able to run again without having to avoid any obstacles you might inexplicably leap onto is a pretty dramatic increase in agency if you ask me. I don't need to be able to choose every handhold I jump to, I just need to be able to decide when I climb and in which direction I do it.

hamNdoritos
06-13-2014, 11:52 PM
It doesn't work that way.... you purposely go and accept a co-op mission and invite friends...

People can't just invade your game.

yup, and if i remember correctly, you can actually play all the missions single player if you wanted to. Not all missions will be co-op and those that are, gives you an option if you even wanna do co-op. Because what will happy if i'm forever alone with no friends... i'll never get pass that mission!

Rugterwyper32
06-13-2014, 11:56 PM
1) AMM: This really gives the series the opportunity to improve in the mission design side of things. If it works as advertised, I bet you there'll be a lot of discussion regarding different experiences with missions.
2) Interiors: Oh boy, lots of huge landmarks with interiors? It's incredible. It's absolutely incredible.
3) New parkour system. Because that parkour down thingy looked incredibly neat.

Dome500
06-14-2014, 12:07 AM
I would say most of it.

- Customization
- better Stealth (with crouch button)
- More challenging Combat
- Coop Gameplay (finally !!)
- The "back to the roots" and the focus on an AC1-like experience, Amancio even said it is more or less a "fresh start" a "reboot" so to speak (though previous AC lore is still lore)
- The freedom of how you can complete missions now (Blackbox, AMM)
- More control in ParKour
- Better Social Stealth
- More traditional styled robes (subtle)

It sounds amazing.

pirate1802
06-14-2014, 07:59 AM
My un-lore friendly girl

-snip-

Lemme guess, that's the plains around Whiterun.. Shrine of Zenithar?

Here's my badazz werewolfess

http://i.imgur.com/EQBnbZH.png

Anyway, ontopic,

I kinda agree with the parkour still being automated. Which is why I didn't vote for it. Still, holding two buttons instead on one is a good thing atleast. And who knows, it might turn out to be a more fluid experience. Like what they were going for with the AC3 system.

Jexx21
06-14-2014, 08:07 AM
Vaulting was never automatic in AC 3 and AC 4. In order to vault you had to use RT + A (xbox controller) but if you just wanted to sit on the fence etc you would just press RT.
Sliding was sometimes automatic, although I think it depended on where you aimed the analog stick at.
sorry I meant the vertical long jump

basically the point was for me that the AC3 and AC4 parkour wasn't really that much more automatic than the past series and the new Parkour system looks to be the best yet.

DinoSteve1
06-14-2014, 08:48 AM
pfft cake beats everything.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-14-2014, 09:00 AM
I voted down the line because it all looks fantastic!

m4r-k7
06-14-2014, 11:01 AM
I would say most of it.

- Customization
- better Stealth (with crouch button)
- More challenging Combat
- Coop Gameplay (finally !!)
- The "back to the roots" and the focus on an AC1-like experience, Amancio even said it is more or less a "fresh start" a "reboot" so to speak (though previous AC lore is still lore)
- The freedom of how you can complete missions now (Blackbox, AMM)
- More control in ParKour
- Better Social Stealth
- More traditional styled robes (subtle)

It sounds amazing.

I agree with all this!

pacmanate
06-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Title says feature yet everyone lists everything *facepalms*

If I had to pick one.. the AAM. Total game changer, or at least it should be.

m4r-k7
06-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Some info from cript assassin facebook page:

“Co-op mode”: projected to enhance the teaming up of the players, and making the missions tougher and more articulated. This new game experience, which is supposed to keep the players (from one to four simultaneously) busy for about one third of the total game, will allow them to explore in depth the setting with a brand-new approach. Certainly, the main plot will be essential to unfold the very personal story of the main character. But the player will have to have to learn what “being an Assassin” means by joining some shared-experience-missions (the so-called “Brotherhood Missions”). There are two phases in the co-op mode: the “chase” one (where the important thing is more to outsmart your enemies than to outrun them) and the “melee” one (in which the counter-kills have been removed). In this case as well, because of the great breakthrough made in the graphics, it will be possible to get beautiful images with great detail. Also other single player missions will be available. Depending on the missions, it will be possible for the players to join and quit sessions as needed; they will also have the chance to invite other friends to join the mission while playing. Other single player missions will also be available.

-Main plot: AC Unity (“unity” here refers both to the shared experience of the game and to the new narrative approach) is set in Paris during the French Revolution, a setting in which Arno, driven by a sense of guilt for his adoptive father’s death, will start a path which will lead him to join the Assassins and to fight those who seem to be controlling the Revolution (on which lingers the inevitable shadow of the Templar power). Different forces will clash in these years (because, according to Amancio, “the French Revolution is not a “clean” revolution”): there are the Loyalists, the Moderates, the Revolutionaries, the nobles and the people. No doubt the French Revolution is a central event for mankind’s history because all of the changes it caused, not only from a social point of view (the social order is totally overturned: it is more than just overthrowing an absolute monarch), but also from a religious a State-organization-one, spreading its effects in the whole of Europe. Moreover, the post-revolutionary France was characterized by the introduction of fundamental rights that we, nowadays, tend to take for granted, and made them officially effective, inviolable and “charted”. It was a brutal and bloody historical era which, in any case, created a brand new world. In this very setting (which is perfect for an AC game, according to Amancio) fights the new main character, Arno. A charismatic and brash, but also a ruthless young man, he will have the chance (and so will the player) to meet some of the most relevant historical figures of this period, like the Marquis de Sade, the king Louis XVI, Robespierre, Mirabeau and even Napoleon Bonaparte.

-Technical issues: AC Unity is powered by the new Anvil engine, through which the creators could give more verisimilitude and realism to the setting, starting from the huge number of NPCs that are going to form the “people of Paris”. The three pillars of this engine are: THEATRE (which will enhance the animation of the characters, giving better dramatic performance and expressions); ZEN (a new system for productivity and infrastructure); CITY-LIGHTS (which will make figures more plausible and leading them towards a 3D output, that is a more cinematographic performance). But also three other pillars (the very fortune of the Assassin’s Creed saga) are to be taken in count: the new Navigation system will let the player move seamlessly around Paris with also freer motion; also the Stealth has been improved by adding the Stealth Mode, which will allow the players to be more silent in their movements and will make them unlikely to be detected. Moreover, it will be possible to dispose of the space we are playing in in a more unlimited way, by hiding in much bigger crowds.

-Paris has been recreated in 1:1 scale, and it will be possible to explore it more freely if compared to the previous settings; this means that also the interiors of the buildings will be explorable, like the Social Clubs and other main Paris’ buildings (for example, Notre Dame). The interiors will not be empty but animated by other characters.

-Single player: compared to the previous chapters, it will be possible to climb the buildings and go in every direction, whereas in the other videogames one could only climb where they could find a post ect. The whole city is now suitable for climbing.

-Combat system: it is the result of a work started from scratch because, since this game is projected for a next-gen console, it required a different kind of approach, an approach, according to Alex Pedenault, more similar to fencing movements. Earlier, it was possible to take advantage on the counter-kill combo, which made it easier to kill the enemies, but now defeating the opponents will be more difficult because of the brand-new and more challenging way in which NPCs are going to attack. As more and more NPCs attack Arno, their attacks get faster and faster and their tactics get better; this will sometimes mean that you just are forced to quit the fight. Of course, there are going to be ways of parrying the attacks, but it will prove to be more complicated to kill your enemies in the same way you were used to doing it in previous AC games. Also the weapons of the protagonist have changed, in some way: the main news is the “Phantom Blade”, virtually a little wrist-crossbow which fires both berserker poison projectiles and more lethal ones. Its goal is to allow Arno to enhance his stealth skills, that is it will not be very useful in combats or for little-distance shootings.

deskp
06-14-2014, 03:11 PM
The new game design, and customization.

GreySkellig
06-14-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm excited for a lot of features...interiors, new stealth, deeper customization, skill trees (!!!). But the detail which most pleasantly surprised me is the new combat.

Aside from the fact that combat seems like it will have a more realistic flow (the return of health bars & parrying moves, yay!), what really struck me is the fidelity of Arno's combat style in the animations. Swordplay has always been a weak point of the series for me. As a combat archaeologist & military historian, it really drove me crazy to watch how implausible or downright ham-handed the move sets were. I won't name names, but one in particular--*coughcoughConnor*--swung a sword around like it was a blunt instrument. This was especially ridiculous when holding a light blade like a rapier or smallsword.

Arno, on the other hand, seems primarily armed with rapiers, smallswords, and light sabers (the three archetypes which led to modern sport fencing) and from the looks of things a lot of work has been put into making his swordsmanship graceful, practical, and lethal. I'm very excited to outmatch local thugs not by beating them over the head, but with speed and dexterity.

Sesheenku
06-14-2014, 09:39 PM
Title says feature yet everyone lists everything *facepalms*

If I had to pick one.. the AAM. Total game changer, or at least it should be.

It's impossible to pick one.

It'd be like asking me to choose rain or snow I love both equally or chocolate and vanilla ice cream, I love both yet again.

Ureh
06-15-2014, 07:32 AM
Combat. This one looks like it could be better than AC1 combat. Hopefully they show combat against 7 or more guards. I want to see how aggressive they are... if the behavior changes in anyway. And of course I enjoy the animations as much as anyone else would! O.O

Kagurra
06-15-2014, 07:39 AM
All. Can't choose one. They're all important, but I think maybe the combat system is a slightly slightly bigger one, but they're all huge. Crowds, movement, I just can't choose.