PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Unity System Requirements

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Master2243431
06-13-2014, 04:51 PM
Hi!
I think ACU is very awsome but what are the system requirements for this game.
I want to know if my PC supports it.

AherasSTRG
06-13-2014, 05:44 PM
We won't find out about that until late September.

Sesheenku
06-15-2014, 04:57 PM
In an interview one of the team said if your PC can run AC4BF then you should be fine for ACU.

JustPlainQuirky
06-16-2014, 07:47 AM
^source?

I call BS.

AherasSTRG
06-16-2014, 09:56 AM
^source?

I call BS.

I agree with Mayrice. It's the same engine and all, but the game's graphics seems to be on a much higher level than they were on Black Flag...

Sesheenku
06-17-2014, 11:37 PM
^source?

I call BS.

One of the team said it in one of the interviews in the console section of this very forum, can't remember precisely which.

I agree with Mayrice. It's the same engine and all, but the game's graphics seems to be on a much higher level than they were on Black Flag...

Honestly he was probably thinking on a very wide range and Ubi's optimization has always been **** too so there's that.

I think he meant if you can play B4 quite comfortably (at least 40-50 fps in most places) then Unity shouldn't be getting you into unplayable frame rates (anything below 30)

AherasSTRG
06-18-2014, 12:47 AM
Yeah, that makes more sense. Thanks for clarifying. Still, I believe the OP's best bet is to wait for the official requirements in September.

naumaan
06-18-2014, 08:37 AM
so that means we cant play this game on 3rd generation pc ... can we ?

YazX_
06-18-2014, 09:06 AM
please wait for the official PC requirements, they will posted via sticky thread on the main board by a forum manager.

playlisting
06-20-2014, 07:31 PM
Hopefully AC:U is better optimised than AC IV. Great graphics is all well & good but we need 60 FPS!

naumaan
06-25-2014, 10:15 PM
please wait for the official PC requirements, they will posted via sticky thread on the main board by a forum manager.

for unity I am getting pretty desperate ... and if required, I ll be upgrading my system to 4th generation but if it worked on 3rd generation ... that ll be lucky for me.. when will system requirement update come.. ?

Anykeyer
06-26-2014, 07:37 AM
What exactly is 3rd or 4th generation PC?

naumaan
06-26-2014, 10:21 AM

my laptop is an ivy bridge i7 3537U with 8gb ram and 2 gb integrated card for now it ran all the games with a little lag, but when the generation of consoles is upgraded, I can assume that its not gonna work with ACU, may be it will work with low settings who knows ?

so I am going to replace it with haswell i7 with a good graphics card ... not an integrated one to keep things smooth ..

YazX_
06-26-2014, 12:42 PM

i believe he means Intel Ivy and haswell CPUs.

my laptop is an ivy bridge i7 3537U with 8gb ram and 2 gb integrated card for now it ran all the games with a little lag, but when the generation of consoles is upgraded, I can assume that its not gonna work with ACU, may be it will work with low settings who knows ?

so I am going to replace it with haswell i7 with a good graphics card ... not an integrated one to keep things smooth ..

Dont worry, your PC will be outdated and getting slow way before a new generation of consoles get released, those next gen ones will last for at least 5 years from now, so taking into consideration they are already 3-4 years behind current PC now, we are talking about 8-9 years behind PC until a new gen comes out. so whatever reasons to upgrade your PC/laptop will be irrelevant to consoles as they are always behind current PC hardware.

Anykeyer
06-26-2014, 02:15 PM

The performance difference between Ivy Bridge and Haswell is tiny, and both are way ahead of consoles CPUs performance. Each Athlon 5150 core (PS4/Xbone CPU is basically 5150 with more cores) at its rated 1.6 GHz (which also happens to be PS4 CPU clock) is 5 times slower than 3.4 GHz Ivy/Haswell core.
Also dont buy notebooks for games. They are either weak or weight like desktops, work for 10-20m on battery and still dont provide the same experience.

Locopells
06-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Don't worry, your PC will be outdated and getting slow way before a new generation of consoles get released, those next gen ones will last for at least 5 years from now, so taking into consideration they are already 3-4 years behind current PC now, we are talking about 8-9 years behind PC until a new gen comes out. so whatever reasons to upgrade your PC/laptop will be irrelevant to consoles as they are always behind current PC hardware.

Ain't that the truth...

playlisting
06-27-2014, 01:13 AM
The performance difference between Ivy Bridge and Haswell is tiny, and both are way ahead of consoles CPUs performance. Each Athlon 5150 core (PS4/Xbone CPU is basically 5150 with more cores) at its rated 1.6 GHz (which also happens to be PS4 CPU clock) is 5 times slower than 3.4 GHz Ivy/Haswell core.
Also dont buy notebooks for games. They are either weak or weight like desktops, work for 10-20m on battery and still dont provide the same experience.

This. The only difference between Ivy & Haswell is that Haswell has beefed up integrated graphics, is a bit more energy efficient and is slightly better than Ivy clock-for-clock. There's no reason to upgrade from Ivy or even Sandy to Haswell except if you wanted to take advantage of the more powerful integrated graphics. Haswell also runs hotter, which is the last thing you need in a laptop. I recommend getting a desktop. They cost less, run cooler and have more powerful components. Unless you're gaming on the go, invest in a desktop PC :)

naumaan
06-27-2014, 02:12 AM
i believe he means Intel Ivy and haswell CPUs.

Dont worry, your PC will be outdated and getting slow way before a new generation of consoles get released, those next gen ones will last for at least 5 years from now, so taking into consideration they are already 3-4 years behind current PC now, we are talking about 8-9 years behind PC until a new gen comes out. so whatever reasons to upgrade your PC/laptop will be irrelevant to consoles as they are always behind current PC hardware.

Thanks mate, it was helpful.

I ll definitely look into buying a desktop.

Billy444777
07-15-2014, 07:30 PM
I have an ASUS RoG laptop
runs on:
Windows 8.1
Intel core i7 4700HQ CPU 2.40GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760m graphics card
12Gb of ram
latest cooling down system

And by visiting a lot of web pages, forums... My notebook will surely run ACU on Ultra Settings...
I already have all AC, Far Cry and WATCH_DOGS games and i run them all on Ultra

I also contacted NVIDIA and asked them if i could run it they said of course... the next upcoming games in the next 3-4 years no problems!

More info on my pc: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G56JR/

Anykeyer
07-16-2014, 06:00 AM
760M = desktop 660. Its unable to run AC4 or WD on max with comfortable fps. For this you need at least desktop 770 which is twice as powerfull.

Billy444777
07-17-2014, 12:19 PM
AS i mentioned... EVEN NVIDIA SAID IT WORKS!
I play watchdogs on ultra works perfectly fine and black flag also... so do more reasearch before commenting on something you dont know

YazX_
07-17-2014, 02:41 PM
AS i mentioned... EVEN NVIDIA SAID IT WORKS!
I play watchdogs on ultra works perfectly fine and black flag also... so do more reasearch before commenting on something you dont know

well if i were you i wouldnt count on what Nvidia said, what Anykeyer said is true and based on users' experiences, the main question here is at which resolution you play on Ultra??

i highly doubt its 1920 x 1080, 760M is a very weak low end card (forget the marketing hype), 760m couldnt even sustain 13 FPS on Crysis or 20 FPS on bioshock , while GTX 760 gave 3x performance, here is a quick bench below, Anykeyer said 770 GTX will be 2x performance of 760M, but since 760 GTX is 3x faster, then i believe 770 GTX is alot faster, maybe by 4x or more.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760M-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

Billy444777
07-17-2014, 03:29 PM
well if i were you i wouldnt count on what Nvidia said, what Anykeyer said is true and based on users' experiences, the main question here is at which resolution you play on Ultra??

i highly doubt its 1920 x 1080, 760M is a very weak low end card (forget the marketing hype), 760m couldnt even sustain 13 FPS on Crysis or 20 FPS on bioshock , while GTX 760 gave 3x performance, here is a quick bench below, Anykeyer said 770 GTX will be 2x performance of 760M, but since 760 GTX is 3x faster, then i believe 770 GTX is alot faster, maybe by 4x or more.

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760M-vs-GeForce-GTX-760

Are you sure... Well all i know for sure is that it will surely run far cry 4 and ACU but not nesseceraly on ultra... medium for sure i also checked a couple of sites suggesting the predicted system requirements... so hopefully
ANd i play on full res... and sorry Watch dogs i play on very high...Ultra works but it gets laggy in cinematics

YazX_
07-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Are you sure... Well all i know for sure is that it will surely run far cry 4 and ACU but not nesseceraly on ultra... medium for sure i also checked a couple of sites suggesting the predicted system requirements... so hopefully
ANd i play on full res... and sorry Watch dogs i play on very high...Ultra works but it gets laggy in cinematics

what do you mean by full res?! give me numbers. (go to watch dogs Display settings and post the resolution that is set there)

now whether it will run or not, i cannot say without official requirements, i believe -as personal opinion- it will run, but how good ?? depends on your screen resolution.

but as advise, i have to 100% agree with Anykeyer here, never get a laptop for gaming, they are overpriced with lots of hype around them, also they are 3x-4x slower than a desktop gaming PC for the same price.

Also remember, Ubisoft doesnt support laptops video cards, their games might run (99% probably) but they are not officially supported and this is mentioned in every game's disclaimer.

Anykeyer
07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Its 1366x768 according to ASUS website he linked

Anykeyer said 770 GTX will be 2x performance of 760M, but since 760 GTX is 3x faster, then i believe 770 GTX is alot faster, maybe by 4x or more.

My bad, looks like I overesitimated 760M by just looking at its GPU architecture and shader cores. I forgot mobile usually has lower clocks as well. Its GK106, but its not even full like desktop GTX660, core config is the same as 650Ti with 30% lower clock speeds, So yes, 4x difference looks more probable.
Usually I dont like to point at someones mistake when money is already burned on it but he asked for it :)

Billy444777
07-17-2014, 08:35 PM
what do you mean by full res?! give me numbers. (go to watch dogs Display settings and post the resolution that is set there)

now whether it will run or not, i cannot say without official requirements, i believe -as personal opinion- it will run, but how good ?? depends on your screen resolution.

but as advise, i have to 100% agree with Anykeyer here, never get a laptop for gaming, they are overpriced with lots of hype around them, also they are 3x-4x slower than a desktop gaming PC for the same price.

Also remember, Ubisoft doesnt support laptops video cards, their games might run (99% probably) but they are not officially supported and this is mentioned in every game's disclaimer.

1920x1080 on very high config

Its 1366x768 according to ASUS website he linked

My bad, looks like I overesitimated 760M by just looking at its GPU architecture and shader cores. I forgot mobile usually has lower clocks as well. Its GK106, but its not even full like desktop GTX660, core config is the same as 650Ti with 30% lower clock speeds, So yes, 4x difference looks more probable.
Usually I dont like to point at someones mistake when money is already burned on it but he asked for it :)

Well luckily enough for me i received it from my grand parents! Im not saying my GTX760m is the best out there... what you say is true i know but as i also do studies i thought it would be good to get a gaming pc.
But as a desktop computer what do you recommend... or maybe i just get the PS4

YazX_
07-17-2014, 11:31 PM

hehhehehe :)

1920x1080 on very high config

i'm not sure what you mean by Very High, but i found a benchmark online using 765M which is slightly a better card that couldnt sustain 20 FPS on high settings @ 1920 x 1080, dont get me wrong, im not trying to show you how bad your video card is as its a known fact that its a laptop card and cannot even compete with desktop, but i'm trying to understand how could the game be perfectly fine with proper FPS on high settings @ 1920 x 1080 while desktop users with 2x-3x faster cards cannot sustain constant 50 FPS. logically its impossible unless you tone down all other graphics settings especially AA, here is the bench for your reference:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Watch-Dogs-Benchmarked.117932.0.html

Well luckily enough for me i received it from my grand parents! Im not saying my GTX760m is the best out there... what you say is true i know but as i also do studies i thought it would be good to get a gaming pc.
But as a desktop computer what do you recommend... or maybe i just get the PS4

if you are a casual PC user and dont know how to deal with PC problems when they arise and dont like to fiddle with drivers and related stuff, then get a PS4, otherwise building a desktop PC depends on your budget.

Locopells
07-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Where did you go, to build your rig, YAZ? Or did you do it yourself?

Billy444777
07-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Actually you guys are partially right...
I read something about gaming pcs that said the recent gaming pcs (notebooks and desktops) are both just as good. but the most reliable are of course desktop pc's.
And by doing 4hours straight of reasearch... i finally came up with a conclusion that my pc is by far not the best and by far not the worst it sits in the top of the mid range of gaming notebooks...
It has a great speed and 16 gb RAM... so i should be able to run far cry 4 and assassins creed unity (surley not on ultra but medium for sure or even on high)!
The gtx 760m has an average score of 8/10 thats by visiting lots of websites (not nvidia of course) but tech reviews gpu reviews...

New gen of gaming notebook now are just as good as desktops but more expensive and have a greater chance of crashing and overheating thats all but it doesnt mean it will happen!

YazX_
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Where did you go, to build your rig, YAZ? Or did you do it yourself?

i always build my own rigs which is something that i believe every PC gamer should do or learn to.

Actually you guys are partially right...
I read something about gaming pcs that said the recent gaming pcs (notebooks and desktops) are both just as good. but the most reliable are of course desktop pc's.
And by doing 4hours straight of reasearch... i finally came up with a conclusion that my pc is by far not the best and by far not the worst it sits in the top of the mid range of gaming notebooks...
It has a great speed and 16 gb RAM... so i should be able to run far cry 4 and assassins creed unity (surley not on ultra but medium for sure or even on high)!
The gtx 760m has an average score of 8/10 thats by visiting lots of websites (not nvidia of course) but tech reviews gpu reviews...

New gen of gaming notebook now are just as good as desktops but more expensive and have a greater chance of crashing and overheating thats all but it doesnt mean it will happen!

yep thats more like it :)

Anykeyer
07-18-2014, 12:56 PM
No, we are completely and totally right. New gen of "gaming" notebooks is just as good as desktops

were 3 years ago

Even the most expensive models dont carry nvidia GK110 chips. And thats if we only talk about pure performance but there's so much more advantages desktops provide. Big IPS screens, great sound systems, better input devices, more expansions options and upgradeability.

BlastThyName
07-18-2014, 02:08 PM
My dream system requirements, pure speculation on my part.

Minimum :
CPU : I5 750 / Phenom 945
RAM : 6GB
GPU : DX11 with 1GB of VRAM (GTX 470 / Radeon 5850)

Recommended :
I5 3470 / AMD FX 8120
Ram : 8GB
GPU : DX11.1 with 3GB of VRAM (GTX 670 / Radeon 7970)

Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark. I think those are reasonably demanding requirements for a next-gen only game.
I sure as hell hope the game crushes high-end PCs.

Billy444777
07-19-2014, 06:15 PM
I play black flag on 30FPS (31 to be precise) all on very high and or high for some options. TXAA...

BlastThyName
07-19-2014, 08:10 PM
I play black flag on 30FPS (31 to be precise) all on very high and or high for some options. TXAA...
That does not make your laptop any less super low-end.
Don't be surprised if Unity is way too much for your laptop to handle : this is utterly expected of a next-gen game.

Maxwell is just around the corner by the way if you are looking for a gaming PC.

Billy444777
07-19-2014, 09:38 PM
That does not make your laptop any less super low-end.
Don't be surprised if Unity is way too much for your laptop to handle : this is utterly expected of a next-gen game.

Maxwell is just around the corner by the way if you are looking for a gaming PC.

Ill just get a PS4 i guess i dont want to spend money on a pc game that might not work properly
thx for the advice guys

BlastThyName
07-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Ill just get a PS4 i guess i dont want to spend money on a pc game that might not work properly
thx for the advice guys
Your call but if you change your mind there will be plenty of very reasonable options to build a good gaming PC.
A PC can only not work properly if you are clueless as to what you want out of it, it all comes down to standards.

A mid-range PC (I5 3570/GTX760/8gb of RAM) will most likely play Unity as well as a PS4 already and there are much more powerful setups available right now.
I'm even expecting a Geforce 850 to rival a PS4 and that's the low-tier in Nvidia's naming scheme.

Amazing times ahead for PC gaming.

ankur_karn
07-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Will assassin's creed unity run on my PC in low settings?

My system requirements:-
graphics card : Zotac Nvidia geforce gt610 2 gb
memory : 5 GB
Processors : Pentium (R) Dual-Core E5400 @ 2.70GHZ

I can run Assassins Creed 4 black flag on 10-20 frames average is 15 and assassins creed 3 in 25- 30 frames, because assassins creed 3 and 4 are poorly optimized, how is assassins creed unity's optimization?

Billy444777
07-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Your call but if you change your mind there will be plenty of very reasonable options to build a good gaming PC.
A PC can only not work properly if you are clueless as to what you want out of it, it all comes down to standards.

A mid-range PC (I5 3570/GTX760/8gb of RAM) will most likely play Unity as well as a PS4 already and there are much more powerful setups available right now.
I'm even expecting a Geforce 850 to rival a PS4 and that's the low-tier in Nvidia's naming scheme.

Amazing times ahead for PC gaming.

Im not sure how to build a pc! :( Please give me good advice on how to make a good one and not too expensive

YazX_
07-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Im not sure how to build a pc! :( Please give me good advice on how to make a good one and not too expensive

you need to tell us whats your budget as you can build a PC for 500$ and build another one for 20k$, there are plenty of videos on Youtube showing you how to build one, just search youtube and use these keywords as an example:

build a gaming PC for 800$

I can run Assassins Creed 4 black flag on 10-20 frames average is 15 and assassins creed 3 in 25- 30 frames, because assassins creed 3 and 4 are poorly optimized, how is assassins creed unity's optimization?

sorry to say it, even without knowing official requirements, it will run very bad like 5-10 fps on low settings.

My dream system requirements, pure speculation on my part.

Minimum :
CPU : I5 750 / Phenom 945
RAM : 6GB
GPU : DX11 with 1GB of VRAM (GTX 470 / Radeon 5850)

Recommended :
I5 3470 / AMD FX 8120
Ram : 8GB
GPU : DX11.1 with 3GB of VRAM (GTX 670 / Radeon 7970)

Hopefully I'm not too far off the mark. I think those are reasonably demanding requirements for a next-gen only game.
I sure as hell hope the game crushes high-end PCs.

well only thing i dont like in these is DX11.1, i would love to see DX11.2 with tiled resources implemented, i know its not going to happen at least for this game as 3GB of Vram is not justified at all since you can use DX11.2 and run 3 GB texture using just 16 MB of GPU memory. so i hope Ubisoft makes the switch since Crytek has already made it which motivates other developers to do it and push this feature further.

BlastThyName
07-20-2014, 12:40 PM
well only thing i dont like in these is DX11.1, i would love to see DX11.2 with tiled resources implemented, i know its not going to happen at least for this game as 3GB of Vram is not justified at all since you can use DX11.2 and run 3 GB texture using just 16 MB of GPU memory. so i hope Ubisoft makes the switch since Crytek has already made it which motivates other developers to do it and push this feature further.

DX11.2 is apparently not fully supported by Kepler cards. Hence why I don't think anyone will bother with it, DX11.1 brings some nice features and could (if ressources allow) make the cut for some next-gen games in the near future. Any performance improvements are welcome.
I think there is a very good chance the frame buffer with everything maxed will reach 3GB. Even more if you're playing at >1080p.

Aside from that It's safe to say we are looking at a very CPU intensive game.

Optimized or not your machine is just waaay outdated.
Nvidia have pulled the plug on DX10 GPUs so it's a foregone conclusion that Unity will be a DX11 only game.

Basically you are out of the loop, you need to upgrade if you want to play next-gen games on PC.

Billy444777
07-20-2014, 07:58 PM
I guess for us gaming laptop users there will be a mod or a cracked and optimised verion of the game

BlastThyName
07-22-2014, 10:39 AM
I guess for us gaming laptop users there will be a mod or a cracked and optimised verion of the game
I don't think so.
Your laptop won't achieve miracles in Unity, it's just weak there is nothing you can do about it.

If you want to be serious about PC gaming you need a desktop with quality parts in there.

Look at this thread :
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835397

Anykeyer
07-23-2014, 08:02 AM
That list lacks a lot of great hardware. Like MSI boards, GTX 770/780Ti, seasonic/corsair AX PSUs, corsair graphite cases and so on.
And seriously, listing senn 363D over 360 when you have sound cards with their own (and better) headphone virtual 7.1 in every list... And why even mention TN displays.

BlastThyName
07-23-2014, 12:41 PM
I think it's a very good base. It has no pretention of being exhaustive and everyone is free to tweak from here.
For someone who is clueless about PC parts this is a thread I'd recommend. Seasoned PC gamers don't really need this.

JarekKorczynski
07-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Asking for evaluation of specs while the official requirements were not published yet seems a bit off, but since such a thread exists.. What do you, PC wizzards, think -

- will
16GB RAM
Sapphire R9 720x 4GB
AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz
cut it?

I am about to switch to such configuration (rather a budget-choice) this fall and was just wondering...
Right now I have the exact processor, but 1/4th of the above RAM and GPU memory (AMD Radeon hd5670 1GB); having a hard time to get ACBF to run past 20FPS...(drops to 8 at naval engagements...)

Anykeyer
07-24-2014, 08:36 AM
AMD CPUs are bad, really bad. In most games yours will barely compete with Intel i3. I would not recommend upgrading current system
Also this AMD GPU is nice but last 2 AC games had some major performance issues on AMD cards.
I dont think games will need more than 8GB of RAM anytime soon. The only game to actually break this barrier is Wolfenstein New Order. But thats because idtech 5 is unlike any other game engine, it has practically infinite memory requiremenents if you set virtual texture cache size to some crazy values.

Akib07
07-24-2014, 04:04 PM
hi i have
CPU:core2duo E6750@2.66GHz
Graphic card:sapphire r7 250x
Ram:3gb
Will i be able to play ACU in medium to high settings.I played AC4BF with high settings and i hope i can also play this game with medium to high setting...so plz help me to know about this matter.Thank you

BlastThyName
07-24-2014, 07:34 PM
hi i have
Will i be able to play ACU in medium to high settings.I played AC4BF with high settings and i hope i can also play this game with medium to high setting...so plz help me to know about this matter.Thank you

Probably not, sorry.

JarekKorczynski
07-24-2014, 11:49 PM
Thanks for your answer Anykeyer. My current configuration is already 4+ years old so it's time for a change.
Appreciate your opinion on the CPU, but since my Gigabyte motherboard has an AM3 socket I'm kinda stuck with AMD processors for a while... Switching to Intel would be a too great expense at the moment so I have to go with some palliatives...

RAM is what I need for working on large photoshop files and real time rendering in 3d software - if my gaming experience benefits from this upgrade; so much the better :)

Thanks again

Schnuggs
07-25-2014, 02:53 AM
Here are my specs:
GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 765m 2gb
CPU: i7 4702HQ 2.2 ghz
RAM: 8gb
Resolution: 1600x900

What do you guys think?

Anykeyer
07-25-2014, 08:03 AM
"Gaming" laptop? GPU is weak, everything else is ok. Will likely handle medium settings.

YazX_
07-25-2014, 03:02 PM
Here are my specs:
GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 765m 2gb
CPU: i7 4702HQ 2.2 ghz
RAM: 8gb
Resolution: 1600x900

What do you guys think?

i think as personal opinion that you will be able to run it on mix of low-medium settings.

hi i have

whats the resolution you are playing on?

gtr3iulg2ufqwe
07-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi,

Would I be able to run AC unity all maxed with these specs?
i5 4670k
R9 290 4GB
8GB 2133Mhz RAM
1 TB hard drive

Thanks!

YazX_
07-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi,

Would I be able to run AC unity all maxed with these specs?
i5 4670k
R9 290 4GB
8GB 2133Mhz RAM
1 TB hard drive

Thanks!

As official requirements have not been released yet, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, you should be able to easily. i'm talking about 1920x1080 resolution though.

gtr3iulg2ufqwe
07-26-2014, 08:27 AM
As official requirements have not been released yet, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION, you should be able to easily. i'm talking about 1920x1080 resolution though.

Ok thanks. It's just AC BF hovers around 30-40 for me (probably because of poor optimization.)

Akib07
07-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Probably not, sorry.

then will i be able to play in on low settings and i play on 1360 x 768 resolution

Akib07
07-26-2014, 03:47 PM
i think as personal opinion that you will be able to run it on mix of low-medium settings.

whats the resolution you are playing on?

i play on 1360 x 768 resolution

BlastThyName
07-26-2014, 07:16 PM
then will i be able to play in on low settings and i play on 1360 x 768 resolution
Don't bet on it. AAA games require gaming PCs, nothing outrageous about that.

Upgrade or buy a console.

YazX_
07-26-2014, 09:47 PM
i play on 1360 x 768 resolution

As personal opinion which is not official, i think you will have no problem running it on that resolution on low-medium settings, best to wait for official requirements although i believe your specs are lower than min requirements but as i said, your resolution is very low and i dont see any problem running the game on low-medium settings.

Billy444777
07-27-2014, 09:31 AM
"Gaming" laptop? GPU is weak, everything else is ok. Will likely handle medium settings.
I have been mentioning my specs from the start of this forum and they are clearly better than this guys one... And you have been saying that i would not even be able to run on low settings you are a ****ed up Genius man get a life and ive done the max research i could for this game and my PC and the game should run fine... some people even think you guys are jealous! Even Ubisoft said it sohould work fine!

YazX_
07-27-2014, 10:46 AM
I have been mentioning my specs from the start of this forum and they are clearly better than this guys one... And you have been saying that i would not even be able to run on low settings you are a ****ed up Genius man get a life and ive done the max research i could for this game and my PC and the game should run fine... some people even think you guys are jealous! Even Ubisoft said it sohould work fine!

Hey billy, no need for this kind of attitude, no one said that you cannot run the game, Anykeyer just made a clear point that whatever gaming laptop you have, GPU will always be weak and wont be able to run demanding games at 1920 x 1080 on high settings same as desktop, so laptops cannot be compared to desktops and this is a clear fact. the other guy who you have better specs than his is playing at 1600 x 900 resolution which is lower than yours since you mentioned you play @ 1920 x 1080, and resolution is the base performance changer.

i'm sorry but dont expect to run the game on medium-high with your specs @ 1920 x 1080 resolution and get a decent FPS, if you lower your resolution, then you might be able to run the game fine on medium settings.

thats without mentioning that official requirements have not been released yet, so please cool down.

Billy444777
07-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Hey billy, no need for this kind of attitude, no one said that you cannot run the game, Anykeyer just made a clear point that whatever gaming laptop you have, GPU will always be weak and wont be able to run demanding games at 1920 x 1080 on high settings same as desktop, so laptops cannot be compared to desktops and this is a clear fact. the other guy who you have better specs than his is playing at 1600 x 900 resolution which is lower than yours since you mentioned you play @ 1920 x 1080, and resolution is the base performance changer.

i'm sorry but dont expect to run the game on medium-high with your specs @ 1920 x 1080 resolution and get a decent FPS, if you lower your resolution, then you might be able to run the game fine on medium settings.

thats without mentioning that official requirements have not been released yet, so please cool down.

Ya.... Ok what you say is true... Soz...
I cant find the discussion on far cry 4 system requirements... would anyone know anything about it?

YazX_
07-27-2014, 02:12 PM
I cant find the discussion on far cry 4 system requirements... would anyone know anything about it?

not yet, but i would believe that if you could run ACU on certain graphical level, then you will have no problem running FC4 on the same graphical level. better to wait for official PC requirements for both games.

Billy444777
07-27-2014, 02:37 PM
not yet, but i would believe that if you could run ACU on certain graphical level, then you will have no problem running FC4 on the same graphical level. better to wait for official PC requirements for both games.

From what i saw... Far Cry 4 wont need as much power to run it as its a FPS and there wont be as many MP's as in ACU so i guess the sys req for FC4 wont be as demanding... i reckon that i will be able to run the game at least on medium full res.

BlastThyName
07-27-2014, 09:32 PM
From what i saw... Far Cry 4 wont need as much power to run it as its a FPS and there wont be as many MP's as in ACU so i guess the sys req for FC4 wont be as demanding... i reckon that i will be able to run the game at least on medium full res.
I think that's a stretch considering your hardware. Unless the game really blows at medium settings.

I'm hoping for a very demanding game. It's been a while since we've had e true system killer on PC, I miss that sorely and this is coming from someone who will surely not be able to run Unity or FC4 at max settings.

AnthonyA85
07-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Personally, i don't think anyone will have anything to worry about.

If you can run BF on decent settings with decent performance (i got highs of 40-50fps while at sea on my old system), then we should be good with Unity, and since i'm personally anticipating that they'll pull another Watch Dogs stunt for the PC version of ACU (haven't played WD, but I heard about the sh*t-storm), well, then we'll definitely be fine.

MeirTolpin11
07-27-2014, 11:11 PM
I want to preorder the game
how can i check the system req ?

Locopells
07-27-2014, 11:15 PM
They're not release yet.

UG7
07-28-2014, 09:18 AM
i have a amd fx 3820, and a zotac nvidia 2gb 660 ddr5 graphic card and 8 gb ram

can i at least max it out even if i dont get 60 fps?

YazX_
07-28-2014, 03:16 PM

as said before, official requirements have not been released yet, however, i think you mean AMD FX 8320, there are too many variables to the term "max it out", so putting AA aside and talking about 1920x1080 resolution, in my personal opinion i dont think you can, probably will be able to run it at high settings.

so lets wait for official requirements to be sure.

BlastThyName
07-28-2014, 08:01 PM

Maximum settings ? With a mid-range GPU released 2 years ago ?

No chance in hell and that's totally normal, if you want to max a demanding game out at 1080p you will need higher grade hardware.

Sometimes I don't understand how people can have such ludicrous expectations regarding their hardware, it does not take a genius to figure out that maximum settings (even disregarding AA) will always push towards to the higher end of the spectrum.

guest-DZLzfC9j
07-29-2014, 03:18 PM
In an interview one of the team said if your PC can run AC4BF then you should be fine for ACU.

My laptop runs watch dogs smoothly ac black flag too... i don't have problems with crysis 3 or thief(2014) or CoD ghosts/... but rly like ac unity i want to pre-order it and i don't know if my laptop can run it

BlastThyName
07-29-2014, 06:05 PM
My laptop runs watch dogs smoothly ac black flag too... i don't have problems with crysis 3 or thief(2014) or CoD ghosts/... but rly like ac unity i want to pre-order it and i don't know if my laptop can run it
You are not forced to pre order now you know.
Just wait until the specs are out in the wild, usually 1 month-3 weeks before the release.

Keep in mind that Unity on PC will very likely be delayed. My personnal (and very educated) expectation is November 25th, three good weeks after the skus that Ubisoft is actually interested in pushing.

Bamok123
07-30-2014, 08:48 PM
CPU: Core i5-4570 3.2GHz
GFX: Radeon R9 270 Gigabyte WindForce 2X OC Edition
RAM: 8GB
RES: 1280x1024

How will it run? :D

Kill_Burst
07-31-2014, 01:24 PM

''never get a laptop for gaming, they are overpriced with lots of hype around them'' ... Not so sure about that one, I have

VortexIV
Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4900MQ (2.80GHz) 8MB
Memory (RAM) 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11 (Overclocked)

I'm running ACIV on 1080p ultra with a minimum of 30FPS and average 40FPS (because its so badly optimised for PC) and Watch Dogs on Ultra with lowest 50FPS and crisis 3 I'm running that on all high with SSAO with 50-60 FPS. In fact most of, if not all my games are run on ultra or high with a good frame rate...

BlastThyName
07-31-2014, 03:29 PM
You are proving his point though, it's overpriced and underpowered.

I'm extremely septical of your claims by the way...Especially when we are talking about this :
http://www.notebookcheck.biz/fileadmin/Notebooks/One/K73-3N/Screenshots/gpu2.jpg

That's a very low end GPU.
Good luck playing Unity on this thing, this won't be pretty.

But hey...You do what you want with your money.

The following link is in French but graphs are easy enough to understand :
http://www.notebookcheck.biz/Au-banc-d-essai-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-780M-GTX-770M-GTX-765M.95289.0.html

Here are some score of your GTX770M.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Benchmarked.106214.0.html

Hardly anything to brag about if you ask me, especially when you factor in the price of the thing.

Kill_Burst
07-31-2014, 05:07 PM
You are proving his point though, it's overpriced and underpowered.

I'm extremely septical of your claims by the way...Especially when we are talking about this :
http://www.notebookcheck.biz/fileadmin/Notebooks/One/K73-3N/Screenshots/gpu2.jpg

That's a very low end GPU.
Good luck playing Unity on this thing, this won't be pretty.

But hey...You do what you want with your money.

The following link is in French but graphs are easy enough to understand :
http://www.notebookcheck.biz/Au-banc-d-essai-Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-780M-GTX-770M-GTX-765M.95289.0.html

Here are some score of your GTX770M.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Assassin-s-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-Benchmarked.106214.0.html

Hardly anything to brag about if you ask me, especially when you factor in the price of the thing.

LOL you do realise my rigs overclocked right?

You really think my GPU was running default clocks... LOL

My core clock is running at 953MHz and boost clock running at 1032MHz
with that my texture fill rate has increased to 64 Texels along with bandwidth increase to 100 G/Bs as well as Bus bandwidth sitting at 192 bit
Pixel fill rate is at 19.3 Pixel/s

and I havnt even got the full potential out of this card.. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/668461/overclocking/gtx-770m-overclock/

and for a mobile processor and mobile GPU, if you knew what you were talking about... is pretty good.

Easy 15% increase in FPS since the overclock... and yeah pretty sure I'll have no problems thanks.. Oh and also I didn't pay out the price you were thinking of for my rig, Just wanted to mention you were talking BS. Have a nice day.

BlastThyName
07-31-2014, 06:50 PM
Don't say you haven't been warned.
I can't take gaming laptops seriously.

But whatever floats your boats, I wish you luck.

tokcitic
08-08-2014, 12:32 PM
If I can run Skyrim on Ultra high settings, most likely would I be able to run this on high settings? My PC has a GTX 660 graphics card an I7 processor, 2 TB HD and 16 GB of RAM. Thanks I know the requirements have not been officially released yet.

Shahinsateei
08-09-2014, 05:32 PM
YO!

You guys think I might pull this off in highest? I tried BF4 last night at Ultra settings, and surprisingly it ran it all really smooth, so what do you think? :)

http://postimg.org/image/xy5w24f5b/

Mr_Shade
08-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Until the requirements for the PC version are finalised - any 'guesses' will be just that, and should be taken as advice only.

Th3 Code
08-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Well.. I am putting this out there since some people have no idea but whatever you do - never take estimates from Game-Debate because they are always 80% off on all of their specs for pre-released "estimations".

My best and most educated guess for Ultra Detail of ACU is:

CPU: 3.6Ghz Quad-Core (3.2Ghz Intel)
GPU: GTX 780Ti SLI (or equivalent) / GTX 880 (a possibility) or GTX Titan Black -Z
8GB of DDR3 1688Mhz RAM
and 35-40GB HDD space.

My best and most educated guess for Medium of ACU is:

CPU: 3-3.2Ghz Dual Core (2.8Ghz Intel)
GPU: GTX 760 or 770 (not Ti, not SLI) (or equivalent)
8GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
and 35-40GB HDD space.

My best and most educated guess for Low of ACU is:

CPU: Dual Core 2.8Ghz (2.5Ghz Intel)
GPU: GTX 750Ti, GTX 660 (or equivalent)
8GB of DDR3 1333Mhz RAM
and 35-40GB HDD space.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note that these are only my estimates since I had to take in that it is the same engine only reworked and rebuilt for next gen (more animations, and more in-depth mechanics). The textures are more advanced, and lighting system is enhanced over Black Flag (as you can see seamless reflections of water in the streets of Paris). There will be 4-Player Coop which will consume more CPU strength, as well as high-speed internet. And finally the largest substantial change I have noticed is - MUCH more parts moving on the screen in real time in any given area. There are parts in the game that are reported to support anything from 20,000-30,000 characters on screen at the same time, which will demand a large hit on components to render each character using the GPU and to calculate the AI solving thousands of additional problems per character using the CPU.

I rated these on comparison to Black Flag, Watch Dogs, and Splinter Cell Blacklist with my current computer. I am running 4.7Ghz 8-Core (and the only game that revs my CPU is Watch Dogs), and I have a single GTX 780 Ti Classified which can take a hit with AC Black Flag on Ultra, with 16GB of 1600Mhz CAT9 RAM.

Unless Ubisoft has extremely advanced itself through PC optomisation, I am figuring in order to play ACU in Ultra I'll have to upgrade my GPU to GTX 780Ti SLI for 55+ FPS.

YazX_
08-10-2014, 12:35 AM
If I can run Skyrim on Ultra high settings, most likely would I be able to run this on high settings? My PC has a GTX 660 graphics card an I7 processor, 2 TB HD and 16 GB of RAM. Thanks I know the requirements have not been officially released yet.

YO!

You guys think I might pull this off in highest? I tried BF4 last night at Ultra settings, and surprisingly it ran it all really smooth, so what do you think? :)

http://postimg.org/image/xy5w24f5b/

each game is different and PC optimization levels vary, as an example, i was able to run Crysis 3 fully maxed out with 4xMSAA @ 2560 x 1440p , avg FPS 45 FPS, 4xTxaa will give me around 55-65 FPS , while running other demanding games i couldnt sustain 60 FPS on high settings. so if you are able to run a specific demanding game with proper FPS then unfortunately you cannot assume you can run other games at the same level unless if they are using same engine (Cryengine, Unreal engine,...). ACU is using a new revamped engine, no one knows how PC optimization levels would be, but i would ASSUME and hope it will give decent performance since it only supports next gen consoles and PC, and they share the same architecture.

Anyhow, i think -as personal opinion- both of you will be fine , 770 GTX with that resolution should be able to run the game on high/ultra, and 660 GTX should be able to run the game on medium/high @ 1920x1080, thats with FXAA.

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 12:46 AM
What does it matter? You will play it in many PC configurations. In fact, the game will be so badly optimised that High and Low-End PCs will probably have minimal performance change...

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 12:52 AM
ACU is using a new revamped engine, no one knows how PC optimization levels would be

Seriously, YAZ? You 've been in this way longer than me and you surely know by now... And if not for AC, look at the Watch Dogs fiasco - intentionally handicapping the PC version of a game is just too unproffesional...

THGAMiNg
08-10-2014, 06:13 AM
Hi!
I think ACU is very awsome but what are the sitem requirements for this game.
I want to know if my PC supports it.

It's already known! I will be able to take it on max :D
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=17084&game=Assassins%20Creed:%20Unity

Billy444777
08-10-2014, 08:55 AM
http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=17084&game=Assassins%20Creed:%20Unity

What an idiot!!!! These are the predicted sytem requirements! And i can tell you that they are incorrect apart for the RAM!

YazX_
08-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Seriously, YAZ? You 've been in this way longer than me and you surely know by now... And if not for AC, look at the Watch Dogs fiasco - intentionally handicapping the PC version of a game is just too unproffesional...

i know bro, but i always try to be positive and optimistic, this time which is for the first time there is no old gen handicapping PC performance, so i really hope that this one will break all odds since all platforms share the same architecture.

all i can say is 2 months and a half left for release, so lets wait and see what happens.

AherasSTRG
08-10-2014, 03:57 PM
i know bro, but i always try to be positive and optimistic, this time which is for the first time there is no old gen handicapping PC performance, so i really hope that this one will break all odds since all platforms share the same architecture.

Yeah, there is definitely more hope in this one. Who knows? The game might end up running at 60 fps on consoles as well. If that is the case, then I can see of no reason why it wouldn't run on modern PCs at the same framerate.

PS to all the people posting in this thread: System requirements are usually reales at the end of September. Do not expect to know the system requirements while the game has not gone gold.

Th3 Code
08-10-2014, 10:16 PM

Incorrect. Game-Debate as mentioned in my previous post in this thread is often wrong on most pre-released games. They always under estimate the system requirements. For example - look at GTA V PC Specs. According to Game-Debate it'll take roughly a 400-600 dollar computer to run the game smoothly on max detail which is incorrect if you wait to the actual release, and if you have any experience with the amount of textures and physics in the console GTA V version. Not to also account for RockStar and their reputation for very poor PC ports from consoles. In truth, neither Rockstar or Ubisoft are dedicated PC game developers.

Also - within doing further research, my current computer should be able to run AC4 flawlessly on Ultra settings - but if I use the filtration on mediocre, and use high or ultra settings, then I experience drastic framerate losses on 1080p. The requirements for AC4 is "Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or AMD Radeon HD 4870" (system requirements lab), and recommended is "Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850" (system requirements lab) - where as I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 780Ti -C, well beyond the requirements of the game - and it can often have framerates as low as the Xbox 360 and lower even.

Anykeyer
08-11-2014, 06:35 AM
ACU is using a new revamped engine, no one knows how PC optimization levels would be, but i would ASSUME and hope it will give decent performance since it only supports next gen consoles and PC, and they share the same architecture.

Unity uses updated AnvilNext in the same manner Revelations used updated Anvil from AC2. I would not expect any wonders, especially considering Ubi Kiev being responsible for PC version, Unity wont run better than AC4 did. Actually I expect it to be even more demanding. If 770 will be able to maintain 30-40 on ultra at full HD it will be good.

AherasSTRG
08-11-2014, 11:11 AM
@ Anykeyer
You are hating too much. I don't expect anything great from Unity either (on the contraty actually), but a GTX 770 should be capable of running the game, at least at console quality @ 50-60 FPS. If the game is to run on a PS4 and X1 that is.

@Skelkface
Target is very different from result.

Anykeyer
08-11-2014, 12:12 PM
LOL Im not hating, just being realistic. I cant remember even a single time when next game from any given series got better visuals and also better performance.
I will switch my GPU anyway bc 2GB is way too low. And I dont care about lower settings.

AherasSTRG
08-11-2014, 01:54 PM
LOL Im not hating, just being realistic. I cant remember even a single time when next game from any given series got better visuals and also better performance.

ACRev had better performance than ACB. It's all down to the optimisation and the production goals.

If Ubisoft developers say, "all right, we are aiming for 30 FPS on consoles" and they do not give a **** about further optimising the game on the PC to achieve 60, then it is going to be nearly impossible to hit constant 60 frames per second. And that was exactly the case with AC4. Completely ommitting to include Tripple Buffering in the game is a sign of indifference towards the PC version.

So, if with Unity, their production goals are higher, then the PC version might just not be so bad as the rest of the games. 1080p demands for 60 fps anyway. So, if they want to have the game on the PS4 / X1 run at 1080p resolution, they might have to bump up the framerate as well, something which will benefit the PC version highly.

Also, with Sony out of the equation (which I hold responsible of all the years of the bad PC optimisation and the Watch Dogs fiasco), we just might get a better PC version all around this year.

Anykeyer
08-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I dont remember ACR running any better than ACB, it was the same, more or less. And it was easier to render Constantinople than Rome bc its smaller and doesnt have huge open areas.

naumaan
08-13-2014, 10:36 AM
ACRev had better performance than ACB. It's all down to the optimisation and the production goals.

If Ubisoft developers say, "all right, we are aiming for 30 FPS on consoles" and they do not give a **** about further optimising the game on the PC to achieve 60, then it is going to be nearly impossible to hit constant 60 frames per second. And that was exactly the case with AC4. Completely ommitting to include Tripple Buffering in the game is a sign of indifference towards the PC version.

So, if with Unity, their production goals are higher, then the PC version might just not be so bad as the rest of the games. 1080p demands for 60 fps anyway. So, if they want to have the game on the PS4 / X1 run at 1080p resolution, they might have to bump up the framerate as well, something which will benefit the PC version highly.

Also, with Sony out of the equation (which I hold responsible of all the years of the bad PC optimisation and the Watch Dogs fiasco), we just might get a better PC version all around this year.

acb and acrev have a lot of difference with respect to graphics ... acrev ran like a charm ... and i am also hopeful that acu will be better optimized for pc .. but lets not hope for something based on rumors and speculations, be ready for anything

HZD87
08-13-2014, 06:13 PM
I reckon if you can run Watchdogs on high with x4 AA on your be able to run Unity fine on high settings.

I expect that with 1680x1050 Res and a 2GB card around the 570GTX / 7970 series cards your get High Mediums and people over this spec should easy get High Mediums to High settings

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 10:35 AM
If my PC in my signature can run Unity at 1080P maxed I'll be happy :)

amdradeon7
08-15-2014, 11:06 AM
Hi! This is realy ?
Minimum
OSi :Win Vista 32
CPUi :Core 2 Quad Q6400 2.13GHz ya da Athlon II X4 620
RAM : 4 GB
Harddisk : 30 GB
GPU :GeForce 8800 GS ya da Radeon HD 3870(+512MB)
DirectX :DX 10
:
CPU :Core i5-2400S 2.5GHz ya da Phenom II X4 940
RAM : 6 GB
Harddisk ı : 30 GB
GPU :GeForce GTX 470 ya da Radeon HD 5850 1024MB(+1024MB)
DirectX :DX 11

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Recommended System Requirements are usually just to play the game at low or medium settings so yes those might be right.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 11:35 AM
No. Recommended usually means you can run at least high.
Ubi didnt publish official requirements, and those look fake.

Dicehunter
08-15-2014, 11:38 AM
No. Recommended usually means you can run at least high.

Depends though, High with what resolution and what level of anti-aliasing ?

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 11:39 AM
I suggest that you should avoid any conclusions concerning the System Requirements. As long as the game is in developement, everything is subject to change. Last year, we got the official system requirements around the 19th of September.

A Watch Dogs dev said last year that Minimum System Requirements mean 30FPS @ High/1080p. And for the most part, he was right. He didn't specify AA though, which, in my opinion is an ovverated graphical setting.

Anykeyer
08-15-2014, 11:44 AM
Depends though, High with what resolution and what level of anti-aliasing ?

Usually "High" is by itself a profile, which often already includes certain resolution and AA/AF levels

AherasSTRG
08-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Well, that depends on the game. I think that developers prefer to put the AA setting under the "Display" category, rather than the "Graphic Settings" category.

GunnarGunderson
08-15-2014, 09:53 PM
A Ubisoft game that doesn't "need" an i7 to run optimally? Nope

Billy444777
08-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I have an Asus ROG G56JR running on:
Windows 8.1
Intel core i7 4700HQ @ 2.40GHZ Processor
Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760M
16GB RAM
Full HD screen
I should surely run at least on medium no?

fenris19892
08-16-2014, 11:22 PM
Don't say you haven't been warned.
I can't take gaming laptops seriously.

But whatever floats your boats, I wish you luck.

so far my gaming laptop does pretty well,i play warframe,firefall and a few other games and works better than i thought it would

Zozzancshun
08-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Im so exited about this game, i brought a new rig in January

Amd Athlon 4x 750k, 8gb Corsair 1600mhz, Amd R9 270 2gb

i ran the Black Flag easily on my PC everything on Max settings and Max Resolution with no lag

I think the new system req will be similar as Black Flag cuz its the Same engine right? but better lightning and details?!

What do you think guys?

playlisting
08-17-2014, 11:47 PM
If the game is poorly optimised like Black Flag was at launch, then I reckon the ultra reqs for 1080p will be as follows:

Sandy Bridge quad core Intel i5 processor (something like a 2500K)
DirectX 11 GPU with 2GB VRAM (so a GTX 670/680, might be able to get away with ultra on a GTX 580 as well).
8GB of RAM.

I used Intel/NVIDIA as the examples there, but for AMD the recommended CPU might be a FX 6300/8350. GPU maybe a R9 270X/HD 7970.

If the game is optimised properly then it should be a lot easier to get away with high/ultra on less powerful rigs.

YazX_
08-18-2014, 01:07 AM
i do have a feeling (ALL ASSUMPTIONS AND EXPECTATIONS SINCE OFFICIAL REQUIREMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN RELEASED BY UBISOFT YET) that the game will only run on x64 windows and will require quad core CPU, Nvidia 400/AMD 5000 and 4 GB of ram as min. for recommended it will need 8-cores CPU (however i think 4 cores will do just fine), 8 GB RAM and Nvidia 670/AMD 7950 HD.

Anykeyer
08-18-2014, 07:38 AM

I think i5 will do nicely lol

Anykeyer
08-18-2014, 08:46 AM
My speculations :)
I think it will be strictly x64 DX11 (so vista SP2 and above)
Min/Max (for 60fps@1080):
i5/i7 (AMD CPUs will traditionally support only 30 fps)
6/8GB RAM (will swap like crazy with just 4GB but will work)
GTX 660(2GB)/880(4GB) (ATI 270/290X)
40GB HDD

AherasSTRG
08-18-2014, 10:49 AM

Are you being sarcastic with the " "?

If not, the difference in performance between an Intel i5 3570 and an Intel i7 3770 for Watch Dogs was less than 1 FPS and was the same for AC4 BF.

Anykeyer
08-18-2014, 11:18 AM
They are old games. Bottlenecked by single core performance, which is the same for i5 and i7. If Ubi claims to have 60 fps in ACU running on PS4 (8 weak cores) then they had to use multithreading better than they did before. Which means i7 should benefit from this as well.

Voyager456
08-18-2014, 01:00 PM
Min req(30fps low settings)
4770k 5.0 ghz
780ti 6GB version
32 gb ram 1866 mhz
intel ssd

Rec req
4690x 4.5 ghz
titan z sli
64 gb ram 2400mhz
2x intel ssd in RAID 0

DISCLAIMER:Arno wont run if you instal game on hdd also gpu req are high because nvidia needs to sell you their new overprived shiny cards AMD cards? we never heard for those but it might work.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2014, 01:10 PM
indeed.

I would wait for the official announcement - before even guessing at performance etc..

Assassin_Banana
08-19-2014, 12:00 AM
Hello, I just been thinking on pre-order the game though I haven't been convinced yet mainly because since Black Flag we now know that Ubisoft have been working with Templars all along, so now, I know they only care about my money...:rolleyes:

But anyway, I have a dumb question: if I can run Black Flag on ultra settings with 1920x1080 resolution I can run AC Unity, right? right? :P
And why is U-play so damn evil?? Yes I know is Abstergo behind it but one would think that Ubi would be stronger from Templar influence unlike EA games!!! (I heard Sims 4 is in fact a form of mass media brainwashing control)

Just wondering..

YazX_
08-19-2014, 12:29 AM
But anyway, I have a dumb question: if I can run Black Flag on ultra settings with 1920x1080 resolution I can run AC Unity, right? right? :P

according to Ubisoft, if you can run blackflag then you can run this game just fine, however, i would recommend waiting for official PC requirements, you can preorder anytime even 1 day before release, so to be sure, wait a little bit for req to come out.

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 01:13 AM
They are old games. Bottlenecked by single core performance, which is the same for i5 and i7. If Ubi claims to have 60 fps in ACU running on PS4 (8 weak cores) then they had to use multithreading better than they did before. Which means i7 should benefit from this as well.

I doubt the PS4 can pull off 60 FPS on any third-party title...

Mattyboysmith
08-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Hi,

Whilst I enjoyed Assassins Creed 4 I found that I had to constantly tinker with the settings in order to get an fps of 50+. I have a new gaming laptop and a fairly recent PC. Both have good specs.

I have seen from multiple sources over this year that the CPU optimisation was something that let the game down and a lot of the processing that should have occurred on the graphics processor unnecessarily took place in the CPU.

I do not know enough about this to rely on what I read, so I have a number of questions that I wondered if Ubisoft could respond to :-

Is the PC port implemented by the same Ubisoft division for Unity?
Can Ubisoft demonstrate how they are improving optimisation for the PC for Unity?
Can Ubisoft confirm the results of the CPU and GPU analysis others have done ?

AherasSTRG
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Is the PC port implemented by the same Ubisoft division for Unity?
Can Ubisoft demonstrate how they are improving optimisation for the PC for Unity?
Can Ubisoft confirm the results of the CPU and GPU analysis others have done ?

1. Unofrtunately yes. Ubisoft Kiev is once again responsible for porting the game to PC.
2. They can I guess, but they won't.
3. With all the setups out there, such a confirmation would be really difficult.

All in all, if you are not a fan of AC, wait until there are some solid benchmarks before you decide whether to buy the game or not.

ankur_karn
08-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Can i run ac unity,?
My specifications-
ram - 3gb
processor- intel pentium dual core e5400 @ 2.7 ghz
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit
graphics card - nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti 2gb

I can run black flag on high settings in 25-30 frames

playlisting
08-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Can i run ac unity,?
My specifications-
ram - 3gb
processor- intel pentium dual core e5400 @ 2.7 ghz
windows 8.1 pro 64 bit
graphics card - nvidia geforce gtx 750 ti 2gb

I can run black flag on high settings in 25-30 frames

You can run it, but probably not at high. This game is a noticeable step up from Black Flag in terms of graphics.

Moesuckra420
08-20-2014, 03:34 PM
If I turn down the settings a bit, it will work, right? Windows 8

playlisting
08-20-2014, 04:58 PM
What i5 is it?

naumaan
08-20-2014, 11:02 PM
most probably yeah ... but cant say

Anykeyer
08-21-2014, 01:03 PM
Is this some kind of dual core mobile with intel HD? Most likely it wont be suppoted at all.

ankur_karn
08-22-2014, 10:17 AM
Will AC unity be as bad optimized like Watch dogs. Which game would be more optimized.

AherasSTRG
08-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Will AC unity be as bad optimized like Watch dogs. Which game would be more optimized.

Social belief is that the optimisation is going to suck, but not as much as Watch Dogs'.

Mr_Shade
08-22-2014, 01:13 PM
:rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see…

Watch Dogs isn't bad - as long as you have the hardware to run it - and are not ramping everything to max on less that ideal hardware..

After all - with Unity it's a new improved engine and taking advantage of newer hardware on the console side..

So, if you have the rig to run it - you maybe surprised..

Animator_Alex
08-22-2014, 05:06 PM
:rolleyes:

Lets just wait and see…

Watch Dogs isn't bad - as long as you have the hardware to run it - and are not ramping everything to max on less that ideal hardware..

After all - with Unity it's a new improved engine and taking advantage of newer hardware on the console side..

So, if you have the rig to run it - you maybe surprised..
Watch dogs isn't bad? I don't know where you have been. But I do hope that AC Unity is better than previous AC games in terms of performance because it is next gen only.

Techlord750
08-30-2014, 06:03 AM
Hopefully AC:U is better optimised than AC IV. Great graphics is all well & good but we need 60 FPS!

dude i have i5 4440 3.1ghz and 8GB ram and Gigabyte Geforce GTX 760 2GB Wind force edition do you think may be i can run it at high settings or ultra with 60 fps + with resolution 1366x786 or 40 + at 1080P?

abhijeet222
08-31-2014, 03:30 PM
hey guys what will be assassin's creed unity's system requirements for pc ??

YazX_
08-31-2014, 03:54 PM
hi and welcome to the forums,

not released yet, keep an eye on the forums and Ubisoft social channels to know when they are released.

naumaan
09-01-2014, 12:36 AM
september is up :D

BlastThyName
09-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I hope the game has native triple buffering support this time.

Voyager456
09-03-2014, 04:17 PM
I hope the game has native triple buffering support this time.
They did everything bacwards with AC4 no triple buffering no 120 hz suport wich AC3 both had

Patar03
09-05-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi Guys I would just like to ask if my laptop can run AC Unity? I have played AC1, ACB, ACR and AC3 with it and works great!

Here are my specs:
Intel Core i7- 4500U, 1.8GHz
RAM 8GB
WINDOWS 8
HDD 1TB
Nvidia GEFORCE 840m

Could anyone please give me feedback? I would really like to know if it would work.... Even if it's not 100%, as long as I get to play it the best way possible. Thanks:D

naumaan
09-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Guys I would just like to ask if my laptop can run AC Unity? I have played AC1, ACB, ACR and AC3 with it and works great!

Here are my specs:
Intel Core i7- 4500U, 1.8GHz
RAM 8GB
WINDOWS 8
HDD 1TB
Nvidia GEFORCE 840m

Could anyone please give me feedback? I would really like to know if it would work.... Even if it's not 100%, as long as I get to play it the best way possible. Thanks:D

well you have a powerful rig there i give you that ... and if all the ac games before ran on your laptop, it will be good enough for unity too .. lets hope it falls in the requirments of unity .. i also have the same rig but with some little teeny meeny differences ..

HypeR.tgL
09-05-2014, 05:05 PM
Imo, if you could run a demanding open world game like Watch Dogs, Unity should be sweet, as long as you put your settings according to your hardware.

Unity texture wise isn't a huge step up, however lighting is soo much more improved, the larger crowds is also a huge improvement.

Here's an article that was quite an interesting read :)
http://www.dsogaming.com/interviews/ubisoft-talks-acu-tech-multi-core-cpus-lighting-system-mouse-acceleration-next-gen-development/

naumaan
09-06-2014, 05:23 AM
Imo, if you could run a demanding open world game like Watch Dogs, Unity should be sweet, as long as you put your settings according to your hardware.

Unity texture wise isn't a huge step up, however lighting is soo much more improved, the larger crowds is also a huge improvement.

http://www.dsogaming.com/interviews/ubisoft-talks-acu-tech-multi-core-cpus-lighting-system-mouse-acceleration-next-gen-development/

i am pretty scared by this interview ... what if i cannot run unity :( ... man

Dellers
09-06-2014, 10:09 AM

I'm kinda skeptical about the large crowds. Sounds like something that needs a lot of CPU power, and they would have to improve the engine a lot to make it run well with all those crowds. IIRC I've run into CPU bottlenecks in AC from the beginning. Especially AC3 was ridiculous, I wasn't able to utilize two GPUs almost at all because the CPU was limited to using so little of its capacity. The performance was all over the place, while neither my CPU or GPUs were having that much to do.

LordMoldieWart
09-07-2014, 03:55 AM
Hey guys, I know no official system requirements have been released. If you could give me your opinion, then it'd be much appreciated.
I'm looking to see if my pc I recently built will be able to run ACU on ultra 1080p, I'd also like to know what fps you think it will run at. Again, I know nothing
official has been released, so I'm just looking for your opinions.
PC Specs:
Win 8.1 64bit
AMD FX 9370 @4.4ghz (can overclock to 5ghz)
AMD R9 280x MSI Overclocked gaming edition with 6gb of GDDR5
16 GB 1866 mhz ram

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)

HZD87
09-07-2014, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, I know no official system requirements have been released. If you could give me your opinion, then it'd be much appreciated.
I'm looking to see if my pc I recently built will be able to run ACU on ultra 1080p, I'd also like to know what fps you think it will run at. Again, I know nothing
official has been released, so I'm just looking for your opinions.
PC Specs:
Win 8.1 64bit
AMD FX 9370 @4.4ghz (can overclock to 5ghz)
AMD R9 280x MSI Overclocked gaming edition with 6gb of GDDR5
16 GB 1866 mhz ram

Thanks in advance guys (and gals)

I'd go with HIGH settings @1920x1080 with a low AA setting, considering I had a R9 280x on watch dogs @ 1920x1080with my i5 2500K and I got 50-80 FPS on watch dogs on high settings with 2x MAA.

I reckon you'd need 2GB+ of video ram to run decently on ultra @ 1920x1080 considering how bad PC optimization is on Console to PC ports from UBI

Anykeyer
09-08-2014, 08:15 AM
Video RAM requirement has nothing to do with optimisation. If artists used certain ammount of textures then programmes cant do much about it. Except for lowering quality.

Looks like he admited that AN's rendering backend was ****ty, so they rewrote it. That should lessen CPU bottleneck and make it easier to render more geometry.

naumaan
09-08-2014, 09:38 AM
well .. with the advancement in directx technology .. i think it will be easier with the current lot of graphics card .. even if they are not so very high ..

Matt.mc
09-08-2014, 11:48 AM
Okay, I'm just going for a simple answer here. I have the latest AlienWare 17. Can it work?

Anykeyer
09-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Simple answer: maybe.
Ubisoft didnt announce official requirements and "latest alienware 17" doesnt really give any specs.

YazX_
09-08-2014, 12:19 PM
Video RAM requirement has nothing to do with optimisation. If artists used certain ammount of textures then programmes cant do much about it. Except for lowering quality.

well it has to do with optimization for some extent and devs can use tiled resources in Dx11.2 instead of demanding more VRAM, IMO this is one thing to optimize for the game, ofcourse there are other things to optimize as well.

Anykeyer
09-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Tiled resources dont come free. They just trade one bottleneck (VRAM ammount) for 2 others (PCIe and CPU).

YazX_
09-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Tiled resources dont come free. They just trade one bottleneck (VRAM ammount) for 2 others (PCIe and CPU).

true, but you can hardly call it a bottleneck, if you got i5 sandybridge and PCIe @16x , then there is nothing to worry about, most of gamers have that already without mentioning others with 8-cores and OCed CPUs, so if thats the trade, i would take it anytime over increasing VRAM.

the only reason i dont see this coming and supported by future games is due to DX11.2 exclusive to win 8.1, hopefully DX12 will change that and support win7.

GeorgeLazu
09-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Hey, i want to buy a new computer to play AC Unity, but i am on a budget, so i want to know exactly what to build. Assassin's Creed Unity will release in 2 months, when do you think system requirements will be revealed? I mean there are expected requirements, but i need to be sure. I heard the requirements will be revealed somewhere in september. Is that true?

YazX_
09-13-2014, 10:39 PM
Hey, i want to buy a new computer to play AC Unity, but i am on a budget, so i want to know exactly what to build. Assassin's Creed Unity will release in 2 months, when do you think system requirements will be revealed? I mean there are expected requirements, but i need to be sure. I heard the requirements will be revealed somewhere in september. Is that true?

i would recommend building it yourself as it will save you lots of money, however, we need to know your budget to recommend the components.

GeorgeLazu
09-14-2014, 09:34 AM
@YAZ_H
I already made my build, i just need to be sure.

CPU: AMD FX X6 6350, 3.9GHz
Mobo: MSI 760GA-P43 (FX)
RAM: HyperX FURY Blue 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz [2 of them]
550W PSU
HDD WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB [it's not a very good one, but you know, budget]

YazX_
09-14-2014, 09:59 AM
@YAZ_H

550W PSU
HDD WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm
GPU: Sapphire Radeon R7 260X 2GB [it's not a very good one, but you know, budget]

well, if the game scales well on multi-cores CPU, then i dont see any problem in your CPU, but 4 GB RAM is too low, the standard nowadays is at least 8 GB so you may have a problem here, your video card is an entry level card but it shouldnt be a problem running the game at low/medium settings.

However, lets wait for official requirements and see if 4 GB RAM is enough or not.

GeorgeLazu
09-14-2014, 10:20 AM
I am buying 2x4gb, i will have 8, but the gpu concernes me, i want to play at least with high resolution (1600x1400), i dont really care about other graphic options, only resolution

YazX_
09-14-2014, 10:45 AM
I am buying 2x4gb, i will have 8, but the gpu concernes me, i want to play at least with high resolution (1600x1400), i dont really care about other graphic options, only resolution

with that resolution, i would say it will run probably at low/medium settings, so lets wait and see.

BlastThyName
09-15-2014, 10:59 AM
@YAZ_H

550W PSU
HDD WD Blue 1TB, 7200rpm
Medium settings.

thewhitestig
09-15-2014, 07:57 PM
I worry about not being able to play on anything over the absolute lowest details because my GPU only has 1GB of ram. If Watch Dogs is any indication of how future next gen ports are gonna be like, I expect vram usage of games to go sky high. My GPU is a 6870. And yes, I'm gonna upgrade it, but not now. Probably early next year. Even AC4 at the absolute lowest details takes up about 980mb.

GeorgeLazu
09-15-2014, 10:21 PM
It's the half of september already, they are releasing this game in less than 2 months, still no requirements. I think every game that announces its release and makes pre orders availabile should give system requirements. Right now i'm stuck on a piece of sh*t PC waiting for the requirements just to make sure i can run it. It is annoying

BlastThyName
09-16-2014, 07:53 AM
It's the half of september already, they are releasing this game in less than 2 months, still no requirements. I think every game that announces its release and makes pre orders availabile should give system requirements. Right now i'm stuck on a piece of sh*t PC waiting for the requirements just to make sure i can run it. It is annoying
System requirements are usually released one month before the official date. Besides, you really don't need the system requirements to tell you if your PC can "run" the game.
If you follow PC hardware it's very easy to predict.

My speculation is fairly realistic I think, I7 3770/FX 8350 and a 670/Radeon 7970 for 1080p/ near max settings at a good framerate.

The 260 is a very low end GPU though....So don't blame the game if Unity runs poorly on it. It's up to you to have the right gear.

I worry about not being able to play on anything over the absolute lowest details because my GPU only has 1GB of ram. If Watch Dogs is any indication of how future next gen ports are gonna be like, I expect vram usage of games to go sky high. My GPU is a 6870. And yes, I'm gonna upgrade it, but not now. Probably early next year. Even AC4 at the absolute lowest details takes up about 980mb.
Yup, 1GB of RAM won't get you far at all in Unity. If I were you I'd get the game on PS4 or Xbox.
Depending on your budget there will be plenty of good stuff for you.

GeorgeLazu
09-16-2014, 09:11 AM
My speculation is fairly realistic I think, I7 3770/FX 8350 and a 670/Radeon 7970 for 1080p/ near max settings at a good framerate.

FX 8350 is not much more expensive than the CPU i want to buy, so let's say i can get a 8350, but a GTX 670? That thing is worth more than the rest of the pc combined.

BlastThyName
09-16-2014, 10:10 AM
FX 8350 is not much more expensive than the CPU i want to buy, so let's say i can get a 8350, but a GTX 670? That thing is worth more than the rest of the pc combined.
Actually a 670 isn't what I should have said.
A 680 is the minimum GPU I would recommend for high settings at 1080p, pure speculation of course.
Anyway it really depends on your resolution and target framerate. A R9 270 is good enough for 900p.

GeorgeLazu
09-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Actually a 670 isn't what I should have said.
A 680 is the minimum GPU I would recommend for high settings at 1080p, pure speculation of course.
Anyway it really depends on your resolution and target framerate. A R9 270 is good enough for 900p.

A R9 i can afford, and i don't want a very high resolution given that my display has a maximum of 1600x900. And i'm not going to buy a new one unless this one breaks. But i heard nvidia would be better. What is the Nvidia equivalent for a R9 270 2gb ram?

BlastThyName
09-16-2014, 05:43 PM
A R9 i can afford, and i don't want a very high resolution given that my display has a maximum of 1600x900. And i'm not going to buy a new one unless this one breaks. But i heard nvidia would be better. What is the Nvidia equivalent for a R9 270 2gb ram?
The Geforce 660ti I think. You're better off with AMD in terms of pure price/performance.

A 270 should do very well at 900p. Not far behind a PS4 in spite of the PC API.

Altair1789
09-17-2014, 12:30 AM
I know the system requirements aren't out and all, but do you think this rig would be ok to run at medium settings with a screen that's 1280x1024?

CPU: AMD Radeon FX 4100
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB GDDR5

And if not, what do card do you recommend buying?

Anykeyer
09-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Probably.
After recent hardware announces I think you would need this to run at almost stable 60fps @1080p @max
slightly overcloked 2600K/3770K/4770K or stock 4790K
8GB RAM
GTX 980 4GB or R9 290X 4GB
you can try to scale down from this but we dont know how many graphic options are here and what performance/visual impact they have, and for obvious reasons Ubisoft wont feature low/medium settings visuals in their trailers

pleb87
09-17-2014, 05:13 PM
Do you think the following will be ok for ACU:

i7 4790k 4ghz
GTX 780 3GB
16GB RAM

Or would I be better off getting on PS4?

BlastThyName
09-17-2014, 05:41 PM
Do you think the following will be ok for ACU:

i7 4790k 4ghz
GTX 780 3GB
16GB RAM

Or would I be better off getting on PS4?

This PC should run this game better than the PS4 but we can't know for sure until Unity ships. There are also other parameters to take into account when deciding which version to go for.

pleb87
09-17-2014, 05:58 PM
I know but it would mean having to buy a PS4 and I've held off doing so until now as there's nothing worth playing on there yer. But as I'm a massive AC fan I wanted to see if my machine would do it justice. Not interested in online mode just single player story! :cool:

topeira1980
09-17-2014, 06:10 PM
my rule of thumbs would be - if the PC is as powerful as the PS4\XB1 than the game should run as well as the console. that's about it.

when i upgraded my computer a few months ago what i did was buy hardware that surpasses the consoles by a little and i count on being able to run games as well as the PS4 and XB1 for the next few years. i dont think PCs will surpass the visuals of consoles in any meaningful aspects other than resolution, which i dont care THAT much about as long as it's over 1050P.

BlastThyName
09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
my rule of thumbs would be - if the PC is as powerful as the PS4\XB1 than the game should run as well as the console. that's about it.
That's just insane. You're setting yourself up for immense disappointment with that reasoning.
Consoles are fixed platforms + low level APIs. You just can't ask an equivalently specced PC to do as good.

when i upgraded my computer a few months ago what i did was buy hardware that surpasses the consoles by a little and i count on being able to run games as well as the PS4 and XB1 for the next few years. i dont think PCs will surpass the visuals of consoles in any meaningful aspects other than resolution, which i dont care THAT much about as long as it's over 1050P.
Good luck with that. Consoles are much more efficient than PCs.

Altair1789
09-17-2014, 08:05 PM
That's just insane. You're setting yourself up for immense disappointment with that reasoning.
Consoles are fixed platforms + low level APIs. You just can't ask an equivalently specced PC to do as good.

Hey, with this rig would I be able to play Unity with decent settings/framerate? Like 30ish fps, medium-high settings

CPU: AMD Radeon FX 4300
8 GB RAM

If not, what graphics card would you recommend?

BlastThyName
09-17-2014, 09:17 PM
Hey, with this rig would I be able to play Unity with decent settings/framerate? Like 30ish fps, medium-high settings

CPU: AMD Radeon FX 4300
8 GB RAM

If not, what graphics card would you recommend?

I don't pretend to be a soothsayer, everything you read here is more or less informed speculation. Keep that in mind.

With that said, what resolution are you playing at ? At 1080p I don't see a 560ti with 1gb of VRAM to fare as well as you'd like it to.
Perhaps at 900p.

If you want medium/high settings at 1080p/30fps a 660 is the minimum I would recommend.

Altair1789
09-17-2014, 10:23 PM
I don't pretend to be a soothsayer, everything you read here is more or less informed speculation. Keep that in mind.

With that said, what resolution are you playing at ? At 1080p I don't see a 560ti with 1gb of VRAM to fare as well as you'd like it to.
Perhaps at 900p.

If you want medium/high settings at 1080p/30fps a 660 is the minimum I would recommend.

My screen is 1280x1080 and I play at like 1280x768

BlastThyName
09-17-2014, 10:52 PM
My screen is 1280x1080 and I play at like 1280x768
No problem at all then.

Altair1789
09-18-2014, 12:45 AM
No problem at all then.

This is a bit greedy, but what if I wanted to play at like 1280x1024? Thanks for all the help by the way

topeira1980
09-18-2014, 08:39 AM

i know what you mean. i hope my i7 4770 with 8gb ram and r9 280 will be enough to carry me for the next 4 or 5 years....

GeorgeLazu
09-18-2014, 09:40 AM
i know what you mean. i hope my i7 4770 with 8gb ram and r9 280 will be enough to carry me for the next 4 or 5 years....

The CPU will be good enough in the next 5 years, but the GPU will require an upgrade in that time.

BlastThyName
09-18-2014, 10:27 AM
I can't guarantee that. I hope you are aware of the trade off between compatibility and efficiency on PC. You will need more than a 280 to keep up with the PS4 in a few years in my opinion.

topeira1980
09-18-2014, 12:08 PM
I can't guarantee that. I hope you are aware of the trade off between compatibility and efficiency on PC. You will need more than a 280 to keep up with the PS4 in a few years in my opinion.

what do you mean "trade off between compatibility and efficiency on PC"?

since the architecture of the consoles this gen is more like a PC than i sorta expect that optimizing for consoles and PC wont be too jarring, so if a PS4 can run a game at 1080p with a certain graphical fidelity than i hope my PC (which is more than a PS4) can run the game at the same res and at the same graphical fidelity, give or take. im not into high res nor high AA so i am crossing fingers my 280 3gb Vram will handle itself OK for a while.... the consoles specs arent going to change and ports should get better over time (like they did with the 360\ps3) so maybe i'll be fine.

i cant see how PC ports will become better looking than console games besides higher display resolution and maybe better AA and HBAO tech and other , mostly negligible, stuff.

AherasSTRG
09-18-2014, 01:43 PM
I trust BlastThyName. He had predicted well ahead of time that:

1. Watch Dogs would be the first true next-gen game to run @ 1080p / 60 FPS on the PS4. He knew that it would be the new Crysis.
2. A GTX 760 wouldn't be on par with the PS4.
3. The System Requirements for Watch Dogs released in October would be the final.
4. You would need an i7 to play most of the games coming out in 2014.
5. Watch Dogs would utilise around 6 GBs of RAM.
6. That the low level API of the PS4 would quadruple its proccessing power making it similar to a today's high-end PC.

How can you not trust this guy? So many predictions coming true...

BlastThyName
09-18-2014, 01:58 PM
I never claimed a low-level API could 4x the performance. You must be confusing with someone else. I was indeed incorrect on a number of other things, I'll admit that. No idea where you pulled that I7 would be "needed". But more cores being logical or physical will certainly be useful, especially when multithreading-friendly APIs will be the standard on PC.

what do you mean "trade off between compatibility and efficiency on PC"?
since the architecture of the consoles this gen is more like a PC than i sorta expect that optimizing for consoles and PC wont be too jarring, so if a PS4 can run a game at 1080p with a certain graphical fidelity than i hope my PC (which is more than a PS4) can run the game at the same res and at the same graphical fidelity, give or take. im not into high res nor high AA so i am crossing fingers my 280 3gb Vram will handle itself OK for a while.... the consoles specs arent going to change and ports should get better over time (like they did with the 360\ps3) so maybe i'll be fine.
PC like architecture does not change the fact that consoles are fixed specs as opposed to PC being a moving target. You won't get the same experience with 6 jaguar cores and a 7870 on PC. You'll need much more CPU wise and certainly more GPU wise. I don't believe for a second your 280 will holds its own against a PS4 when it is maxed.
Feel free to believe what you want.

i cant see how PC ports will become better looking than console games besides higher display resolution and maybe better AA and HBAO tech and other , mostly negligible, stuff.
Real-time rendering has a long way to go and if budget allows PC versions could push the tech much further. This is all dependant on the amount of ressources publishers are willing to throw at the PC versions.

A.M.Othman
09-18-2014, 04:24 PM
how about my pc ?

intel core i5-4440 , 3.10 GHZ ( 4 CPUs )
Kingston HyperX fury blue 8 GB
Sapphire AMD R9 - 270 Dual X VRAM 2GB Overcloked
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H ultra double LGA 1150 Motherboard
Power ZALMAN 700 W
Case ZALMAN Z9 plus

I have bought this PC some weeks ago , getting rid of my old PC which was pretty crab !

topeira1980
09-19-2014, 09:05 AM
I never claimed a low-level API could 4x the performance. You must be confusing with someone else. I was indeed incorrect on a number of other things, I'll admit that. No idea where you pulled that I7 would be "needed". But more cores being logical or physical will certainly be useful, especially when multithreading-friendly APIs will be the standard on PC.

PC like architecture does not change the fact that consoles are fixed specs as opposed to PC being a moving target. You won't get the same experience with 6 jaguar cores and a 7870 on PC. You'll need much more CPU wise and certainly more GPU wise. I don't believe for a second your 280 will holds its own against a PS4 when it is maxed.
Feel free to believe what you want.

Real-time rendering has a long way to go and if budget allows PC versions could push the tech much further. This is all dependant on the amount of ressources publishers are willing to throw at the PC versions.

i am not trying to convince anyone my believes are right. just speculating and having a discussion. i dont know that much about the subject but "how much resources publishers are willing to through" is exactly the issue. obviously the PC will be a much stronger machine than the consoles soon enough, but they HAVE been much stronger than the 360\ps3 for more than 6 years and were capable of what we're seeing today in games for the past 4 years or so yet we havent seen anything as pretty until now. publishers and developers will NOT utilize what the PC can do. no publisher will integrate a more sophisticated lighting engine, for example, just for the PC so it can utilize it's advantage. developers will only make games as pretty as the consoles allow them to run (accept AA and reosolution and other relatively minor and scale-able features) so just because a beasty PC can make a game look twice as good as the XB1 doesnt mean it will.

i guess you're right and in a few years i will have to upgrade my 280 3GB vram for something else, but i dont expect a lot of heavy upgrade in my future. i had my latest HD4870 for many years and it coul still run AC4 really well (on 1680X1050 with medium quality AA) and i was generally happy with it.

i have no doubt the consoles run games better than on equivalent PCs but by how much? 10% more FPS? 25%?? is that difference really big?

AherasSTRG
09-19-2014, 12:46 PM
I have no doubt the consoles run games better than on equivalent PCs but by how much? 10% more FPS? 25%?? is that difference really big?

Up to 25%. It is mathematically proven that with the current approach, you cannot go any higher than that. Of course, in most cases it fluctuates between 10 and 15% depending on the nature of the application and the design philosophy of the machine.

strigoi1958
09-19-2014, 01:04 PM
cannot wait for this to arrive.... I was going to update my old gtx 670 to a 970 but gpuboss reports have shown that the 770 is better in some parts and it has very little increase in performance although power consumption is down

pleb87
09-19-2014, 01:54 PM
I'm upgrading my GTX780 to a GTX980 so this should hopefully ensure that coupled with my i7 4790k CPU and 16GB RAM I can run ACU in Ultra. Hopefully!

GeorgeLazu
09-19-2014, 05:47 PM
how about my pc ?

intel core i5-4440 , 3.10 GHZ ( 4 CPUs )
Kingston HyperX fury blue 8 GB
Sapphire AMD R9 - 270 Dual X VRAM 2GB Overcloked
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H ultra double LGA 1150 Motherboard
Power ZALMAN 700 W
Case ZALMAN Z9 plus

I have bought this PC some weeks ago , getting rid of my old PC which was pretty crab !

You will be able to play it, but don't get your hopes up. Ultra settings are out of the question. You will be able to play on 900p resolution with medium settings, but this is just an opinnion. wait for the requirements, they are expected somewhere late september / early october

A.M.Othman
09-19-2014, 07:46 PM
You will be able to play it, but don't get your hopes up. Ultra settings are out of the question. You will be able to play on 900p resolution with medium settings, but this is just an opinnion. wait for the requirements, they are expected somewhere late september / early october

Thanks for your answer , my friend
but don't you think " medium " is too low ? I don't think my pc is really that bad , I played black flag with high settings pretty fun , didn't try to run it on ultra . though
I'am just want to run Unity on at least " high " , too .. it won't be a problem if I can't run it on Ultra
Thanks again

AherasSTRG
09-19-2014, 10:54 PM
Thanks for your answer , my friend
but don't you think " medium " is too low ? I don't think my pc is really that bad , I played black flag with high settings pretty fun , didn't try to run it on ultra . though
I'am just want to run Unity on at least " high " , too .. it won't be a problem if I can't run it on Ultra
Thanks again

Provided the game is properly optimised, you will definitely manage High with your setup at acceptable framerates. Generally speaking, when asking about the potential performance of your PC setup, you should ask on serious hardware / PC forums, like tomshardware.com. The people in these forums (the Assassin's Creed forums I mean) are cluesless when it comes to computer architecture. They are also cluesless in simple mathematics and physics.

Hveding
09-20-2014, 12:25 AM
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
HK: ASUS H97M-E
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 4GB TRI-X OC
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 8GB 1600MHz

Will this setup run Assassin's Creed Unity on high/ultra in 1080p ?
I can run Assassin's Creed Black Flag on Ultra with 1080p, also the same with Battlefield 4.
Should i be good for Unity then or ?

-Hveding

Fatal-Feit
09-20-2014, 12:40 AM
It depends on what you mean by run. For some people it's 30-40 fps, and for others, it's 50-60 fps. I'm not too familiar with AMD graphic cards, but I think you should be more than able to hit 30-40fps on max settings with the R9 290.

And according to the devs and stuff, AC:U's performance is about the same as AC:IV. So if you're running Black Flag on ultra at 1080p, Unity should be able to as well. Although, you should still be somewhat wary. Never forget the Watch_Dogs incident... :(

Also, nice specs!

Hveding
09-20-2014, 06:41 AM
It depends on what you mean by run. For some people it's 30-40 fps, and for others, it's 50-60 fps. I'm not too familiar with AMD graphic cards, but I think you should be more than able to hit 30-40fps on max settings with the R9 290.

And according to the devs and stuff, AC:U's performance is about the same as AC:IV. So if you're running Black Flag on ultra at 1080p, Unity should be able to as well. Although, you should still be somewhat wary. Never forget the Watch_Dogs incident... :(

Also, nice specs!

Hehe, should have writen that down to.
I prefer to play games with atleast 50-60 fps, but guess i have to enjoy AC: Unity with medium, MAYBE high settnings.
Yeah, Watch dogs is one game i had BIG expectations for, i was so a Watch dogs fan, that i searched the whole internet for info 1 year before it came out.. At the final release, i got disappointed. I first thought they just needed time for things like graphic preformance, but here almost 6 month after release i see the same Watch dogs.. The game is not optimised at all...
Worst game i have ever bought, hope Ubisoft dont **** up Assassin's Creed Untiy like they did with Watch Dogs.

guest-DZLzfC9j
09-20-2014, 08:47 AM
Provided the game is properly optimised, you will definitely manage High with your setup at acceptable framerates. Generally speaking, when asking about the potential performance of your PC setup, you should ask on serious hardware / PC forums, like tomshardware.com. The people in these forums (the Assassin's Creed forums I mean) are cluesless when it comes to computer architecture. They are also cluesless in simple mathematics and physics.

hey can i run assassins creed unity at least at low settings ? Intel Core i5 4200CPU 2.30 GhZ windows 8.1 64 bit .... 6GB RAM ....AMD RADEON 8670 HD 1GB i am playing on 1600x900

GeorgeLazu
09-20-2014, 09:38 AM

Also, nice specs!

Yes, he will run unity on good framerates at good settings, but don't think if he can run black flag at 1080 on ultra, he'll run unity on ultra. the devs said if you can run black flag at good framerates, that will happen with unity, they didn't specify the settings.

If you can run black flag on ultra 1080, you will run unity on medium 1080. or high on 900p

GeorgeLazu
09-20-2014, 09:41 AM
hey can i run assassins creed unity at least at low settings ? Intel Core i5 4200CPU 2.30 GhZ windows 8.1 64 bit .... 6GB RAM ....AMD RADEON 8670 HD 1GB i am playing on 1600x900

Those specs are not that bad, but not very good wither, so it's hard to predict how the game will run on that. I think you might be able to run it on medium settings at 1280x1024 resolution. if not, on low settings at that resolution

abhijeet222
09-20-2014, 01:20 PM
I5 2310 2.9ghz

nvidia geforce gtx 650 2gb ddr5

8GB ram

windows 7

can i run it without lag and play at medium or high ??

topeira1980
09-20-2014, 02:59 PM
i have a feeling (and i might be wrong here) that even on low the game will look better than any previous AC game. i think that next gen games are created with different tech that just looks better.
i think that on LOW the game will have lower texture res, pop ups and slightly less objects in the farther environment, maybe jagged shadows or poor AA, but will still retain the general look of it since what makes the game appear beautiful is the lighting engine, animations and attention to details. if you have enough RAM and Vram than you can set the textures to be medium or high and that might be enough for the game to look better than any other AC game.

since , personally, i barely notice jeggies in shadows or edges of polygons than i dont mind running a game on custom settings that are somewhat medium (high in certain settings like HBAO or texture resolution and low on AA and shadows) and get a smooth gameplay.

thewhitestig
09-20-2014, 03:45 PM
Yup, 1GB of RAM won't get you far at all in Unity. If I were you I'd get the game on PS4 or Xbox.
Depending on your budget there will be plenty of good stuff for you.

And what makes you so sure I have any interest in console gaming? I am going to be moving to a Broadwell Xeon and a high-end GPU early next year anyways, so moving to console gaming in the meanwhile would be absolutely pointless and an unnecessary expense, plus I don't find consoles enjoyable. Not at all.I always find it funny how some people on the forums like to give advice, without even trying to extract some more information from the person they're having a conversation with in order to be able to give a proper advice. You heard I'm running a 6870 and you immediately pointed me to consoles. Why? There is no rationale for this reaction of yours. Plus I was not asking for advice. I was trying to start a conversation about vram usage with people.

thewhitestig
09-20-2014, 04:03 PM
6. That the low level API of the PS4 would quadruple its proccessing power making it similar to a today's high-end PC.

I never claimed a low-level API could 4x the performance. You must be confusing with someone else.

John Carmack said last year that consoles have double the efficiency of PCs. Reaching console performance on a PC would require double the horsepower. And that's more or less true. Of course this would vary greatly from game to game depending on the optimization effort that has been put into different platforms and when in the console cycle we are actually being. I would give an example with the last generation - a 6800 Ultra outmatched the Xbox 360 back in 05 in both performance and image quality. However that same 6800 Ultra can't outmatch the Xbox 360 in 2013. A GTX 980 right now might be top of the line and could wipe the floor with the piss poor consoles, however it would definitely not match/surpass their performance and image quality in games from 2020/21 given that this generation lasts that long of course.

abhijeet222
09-20-2014, 04:23 PM
I5 2310 2.9ghz

8GB ram

windows 7

resolution 1600*900

thewhitestig
09-20-2014, 04:26 PM
CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
HK: ASUS H97M-E
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 4GB TRI-X OC
SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB
Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 8GB 1600MHz

Will this setup run Assassin's Creed Unity on high/ultra in 1080p ?
I can run Assassin's Creed Black Flag on Ultra with 1080p, also the same with Battlefield 4.
Should i be good for Unity then or ?

-Hveding

It would be excellent for both AC4 and Unity. AC4 is not hard to run. An R9 290 would is more than plenty.
http://tpucdn.com/reviews/Sapphire/R9_290_Vapor-X/images/ac4_1920_1080.gif

Although I'm kind of an AMD guy when it comes to GPUs, I would strongly discourage you from getting an R9 290. The new GTX 900 series just dropped yesterday and they have exceptional performance for a very low price. The GTX 970 for example is 329 USD, and can run circles around the AMD cards. It's kind of a dry season for AMD now because they need time in order to respond to Nvidia's offerings plus they haven't lowered the prices of their existing products, so in this particular moment Nvidia is the way to, no question about that. Take a look at this:
http://tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_970_SC_ACX_Cooler/images/watchdogs_1920_1080.gif http://tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_970_SC_ACX_Cooler/images/farcry3_1920_1080.gif

Also don't forget that Ubisoft has a partnership with Nvidia and they bring some exclusive features like TXAA, PhysX, different GameWorks libraries like HairWorks and stuff like that. A new addition to Far Cry 4 would be PCSS, which is new type of soft shadows.

EDIT: The two topics merged, and apparently I misread and I thought you were planning to get that pc, but apparently you already have it. So yeah, this post is pretty much a pointless read for you, but nevertheless I'm gonna leave it be, for the people who are planning to buy new GPUs for ACU.

BlastThyName
09-20-2014, 06:32 PM
I5 2310 2.9ghz

8GB ram

windows 7

What resolution are you playing at ?

AherasSTRG
09-20-2014, 11:23 PM
John Carmack said last year that consoles have double the efficiency of PCs. Reaching console performance on a PC would require double the horsepower. And that's more or less true.

No, it's not. John Carmack made that statement more than 2 years ago reffering to the DX9 library, which created a multi-layered "wall" between the machine operations' and the actual code. He was in fact comparing a PS3 to the popular PC trends in gaming during 2011. DX11 (and the soon-to-be DX12) are based on a different approach, which greatly reduces the theoritical distance between a High level API and the machine.

But, even with DX9 in mind, you cannot take Carmack's word for granted. The guy was obviously exaggerating. No matter the complexity of the API, it's impossible to double the performance by optimising software alone.

pleb87
09-21-2014, 12:08 AM
For anyone worried about playing ACU on PC I would recommend using common sense when predicting the specs. It will probably but not definitely use similar specs if not higher as Watchdogs so if you can run Watchdogs in Ultra then you're probably in luck.

I've just ordered an i7 4790k 4.0Ghz with 16GB RAM and a brand new GTX 980 4GB. I would hazard a guess this will run ACU no problem admittedly a PS4 would have been cheaper but I didn't see the point in buying one just to play ACU. Maybe if more games get released on PS4 that are worth playing I'll get one but until then my new PC will do nicely.

thewhitestig
09-21-2014, 12:45 AM
No, it's not. John Carmack made that statement more than 2 years ago reffering to the DX9 library, which created a multi-layered "wall" between the machine operations' and the actual code. He was in fact comparing a PS3 to the popular PC trends in gaming during 2011. DX11 (and the soon-to-be DX12) are based on a different approach, which greatly reduces the theoritical distance between a High level API and the machine.

But, even with DX9 in mind, you cannot take Carmack's word for granted. The guy was obviously exaggerating. No matter the complexity of the API, it's impossible to double the performance by optimising software alone.

You're talking about a different tweet. The one I'm referencing is actually from 2013. Either way he does say basically the same thing, as he did in 2011. Here are the two tweets.
https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/50277106856370176

https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status/436012673243693056

But I wasn't talking about low level APIs. I was taking your statements as is and in general. Of course low level APIs (like Mantle and DX12) address that issue of hardware efficiency, primarily (among other things) by focusing on reducing CPU overhead.

abhijeet222
09-21-2014, 03:48 AM
1600*900
can i play it?

abhijeet222
09-21-2014, 04:13 AM

im playing on 1600*900

thewhitestig
09-21-2014, 09:58 AM
im playing on 1600*900

Medium definitely. For high it's an open question. It all depends on how well optimized the game is.

sushimaster006
09-22-2014, 12:55 AM
I am about to buy a PC with these specs and i wanted to ask if i'm going to be able to run games like AC:U

Intel i7 4790 4x 3,6 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 750 ti
MSI H81M-P33 Mainboard
650W power pack

yeah, was going a bit more into detail to REALLY make sure.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 01:08 AM
I am about to buy a PC with these specs and i wanted to ask if i'm going to be able to run games like AC:U

Intel i7 4790 4x 3,6 Ghz
Nvidia GTX 750 ti
MSI H81M-P33 Mainboard
650W power pack

Well, it depends on your definition of ''run''. Like, what do you mean? 30-40 frames with 1080p at max settings? 50-60 frames with 900p at medium settings?

With your current rig, you should be able to run AC:IV at 30-40 frames with 1080p at medium/high settings. I'm using AC:IV as an example because the devs said that Unity will run about the same.

---------------------

Regarding your PC specs, I would drop the CPU for an i5 4690k and use the remaining money to upgrade your GPU to a GTX 760 2gb instead.

Wolfmeister1010
09-22-2014, 02:15 AM
With your current rig, you should be able to run AC:IV at 30-40 frames with 1080p at medium/high settings. I'm using AC:IV as an example because the devs said that Unity will run about the same.

They did??????

Wow...That is a big hint towards it being a very good port indeed. That's fantastic news.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 02:39 AM
They did??????

Wow...That is a big hint towards it being a very good port indeed. That's fantastic news.

I can't find where they said it, but they did.

The reason why AC:IV is so demanding are because of the massive vegetation in the areas. You can easily get high FPS in places/locations/cities like Havana, but jump into a plantation/jungle/island and your FPS takes a huge drop. Or at least that's my theory.

I don't think Unity's optimization will be better, but the vegetation is certainly at a minimal. However, I'm expecting our FPS to drop greatly when it comes to large crowds. I'm already calling it.

Wolfmeister1010
09-22-2014, 03:08 AM
I can't find where they said it, but they did.

The reason why AC:IV is so demanding are because of the massive vegetation in the areas. You can easily get high FPS in places/locations/cities like Havana, but jump into a plantation/jungle/island and your FPS takes a huge drop. Or at least that's my theory.

I don't think Unity's optimization will be better, but the vegetation is certainly at a minimal. However, I'm expecting our FPS to drop greatly when it comes to large crowds. I'm already calling it.
I did notice that. My FPS is great on the open ocean and havana but in Kingston and some islands yeah pretty bad. In fact, the vegetation in ACUnity is kinda extremely ****ty to begin with so it likely won't be a problem. I mean, they haystacks literally look like the ones in AC2.

They said that the NPC crowds won't be as FPS devouring as you may think they would be since they spread out the resources in a way that makes like 100 npcs near you high quality and then dynamically decreases the poly count and animation complexity of the NPCs as they get farther away, but you don't notice it.

That being said, I am still sure that the large crowds will have SOME effect on the performance.

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 03:42 AM
I did notice that. My FPS is great on the open ocean and havana but in Kingston and some islands yeah pretty bad. In fact, the vegetation in ACUnity is kinda extremely ****ty to begin with so it likely won't be a problem. I mean, they haystacks literally look like the ones in AC2.

They said that the NPC crowds won't be as FPS devouring as you may think they would be since they spread out the resources in a way that makes like 100 npcs near you high quality and then dynamically decreases the poly count and animation complexity of the NPCs as they get farther away, but you don't notice it.

That being said, I am still sure that the large crowds will have SOME effect on the performance.

Honestly, I don't think Unity's graphics will be as revolutionary as AC:3's was, especially after the latest trailers which downgrades are very apparent. But it will still be a pretty game, no doubt. The haystacks do need some improvements... After 6 games, I'd expect the revamp to have some realistic effects or particle rebounds, but it looks just as unrealistic as it usually have. Even the hays are floating above the barrel in more than one video.

According to the video, the crowds strain too much on the performance (about 5-10 frames). Hopefully it stays that way and doesn't become AC:IV's vegetation in the final product.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tN_PnpES8

sg2006
09-22-2014, 06:12 AM
So many people playing at sub 1080p, didnt relaise that was still a thing

robbiejohn
09-22-2014, 08:09 AM
My rig is
Intel I73700k 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Gtx 750Ti 2gb
Ram 16gb..

Any idea hw is it gonna look in mine??.. am pretty sure i cant run it in ultra.. bt i jst want 2 knw if i can play it with reasonable graphics quality.. medium to high perhaps?? i dnt thnk i am gonna invest fr a betr hardware anytime soon..

TymrieL
09-22-2014, 09:30 AM
Corei7 3820 @ 3.6ghz oc'd to 3.9
12 gb ram
R9 290x DCUII 4 gb

*beggs* pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, *end begging*

sushimaster006
09-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Well, it depends on your definition of ''run''. Like, what do you mean? 30-40 frames with 1080p at max settings? 50-60 frames with 900p at medium settings?

---------------------

Regarding your PC specs, I would drop the CPU for an i5 4690k and use the remaining money to upgrade your GPU to a GTX 760 2gb instead.

Ah, thanks for the info!

Well, i'm not building a PC, buying a pre-made one because i'd just do everything wrong so i might as well not.
Having a budget of 650 Euros aka. 830 Dollars doesn't help much either.

AherasSTRG
09-22-2014, 11:09 AM
Good to see Fatal and Wolfie posting in this thread. At long last, some people who have actually played the games and know what they are talking about.

thewhitestig
09-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Honestly, I don't think Unity's graphics will be as revolutionary as AC:3's was, especially after the latest trailers which downgrades are very apparent. But it will still be a pretty game, no doubt. The haystacks do need some improvements... After 6 games, I'd expect the revamp to have some realistic effects or particle rebounds, but it looks just as unrealistic as it usually have. Even the hays are floating above the barrel in more than one video.

I've been noticing a trend in modern games that priority is not given to the amount of detail in objects and the quality of the textures, but rather to accurate lighting, particle effects, etc.And there's nothing wrong with that. If you've played the effects cave demo of UE4 you would know bad the textures were, but the pretty effects make up for it. That said, I don't like my games having low quality objects and textures. It's too early to judge because we're all looking at compressed videos but, to me personally the quality of NPCs is just horrendously low. That's understandable of course given how many there are on screen. The water effects and reflections on the ground certainly look stellar though.

guest-DZLzfC9j
09-22-2014, 01:32 PM

hey can i run assassins creed unity at least at low settings ? Intel Core i5 4200CPU 2.30 GhZ windows 8.1 64 bit .... 6GB RAM ....AMD RADEON 8670 HD 1GB i am playing on 1600x900 what do you thing?

GeorgeLazu
09-22-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if you can with that resolution. You would need 8 GB Ram at least, and your CPU has a pretty low frequency.

naumaan
09-22-2014, 06:59 PM
hey can i run assassins creed unity at least at low settings ? Intel Core i5 4200CPU 2.30 GhZ windows 8.1 64 bit .... 6GB RAM ....AMD RADEON 8670 HD 1GB i am playing on 1600x900 what do you thing?

a 2 gb graphics card will be preferable

Fatal-Feit
09-22-2014, 07:43 PM
Good to see Fatal and Wolfie posting in this thread. At long last, some people who have actually played the games and know what they are talking about.

I'll take that as a compliment, thanks!

But I can't say I'm any smarter than the next guy at computer stuff. =P

I've been noticing a trend in modern games that priority is not given to the amount of detail in objects and the quality of the textures, but rather to accurate lighting, particle effects, etc.And there's nothing wrong with that. If you've played the effects cave demo of UE4 you would know bad the textures were, but the pretty effects make up for it. That said, I don't like my games having low quality objects and textures. It's too early to judge because we're all looking at compressed videos but, to me personally the quality of NPCs is just horrendously low. That's understandable of course given how many there are on screen. The water effects and reflections on the ground certainly look stellar though.

You should download and watch the trailers from Gamersyde.com. The visuals won't be compressed like Youtube.

thewhitestig
09-22-2014, 09:49 PM
You should download and watch the trailers from Gamersyde.com. The visuals won't be compressed like Youtube.

I have actually been doing that for quite a while with the new games that interest me. It's still not the same as the game being rendered in real time in front of me, but it does give me a pretty close approximation. Honestly I dunno why included that line about compression in my post. Sometimes I just ramble stuff that even I don't agree with. But I stand by all the other parts of the post. :D

naumaan
09-22-2014, 11:08 PM
I'll take that as a compliment, thanks!

But I can't say I'm any smarter than the next guy at computer stuff. =P

well gamersyde is an interesting site.

Mrtikka
09-23-2014, 08:31 AM
I wonder if I have any hope of running this game: Windows 8.1, intel core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz, 8GB ram, 2047mb GeForce GTX 660M

BlastThyName
09-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I think I'm not far off the mark with my earlier estimations with regards to system requirements.
Time will tell.

In my opinion 1080p/high settings and 40+ framerate should be within reach of a 760/7950 class GPU. No idea about lower presets.

abhijeet222
09-23-2014, 02:26 PM
BIG QUESTION GUYS WILL WE HAVE SESSIONS ? IN THE GAME ? o.O ?

COZ I HAV BROTHER ALSO WHO WILL PLAY ALONG WITH ME ! >.< :P

YazX_
09-23-2014, 02:57 PM
My rig is
Intel I73700k 3.5Ghz
Nvidia Gtx 750Ti 2gb
Ram 16gb..

Any idea hw is it gonna look in mine??.. am pretty sure i cant run it in ultra.. bt i jst want 2 knw if i can play it with reasonable graphics quality.. medium to high perhaps?? i dnt thnk i am gonna invest fr a betr hardware anytime soon..

yah, i think you will be able to play it with a mixture between medium/high @ 1080p, AA mode is FXAA/Temporal SMAA.

Corei7 3820 @ 3.6ghz oc'd to 3.9
12 gb ram
R9 290x DCUII 4 gb

*beggs* pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, pls be stable 60 fps at ultra, *end begging*

LOL

BIG QUESTION GUYS WILL WE HAVE SESSIONS ? IN THE GAME ? o.O ?

COZ I HAV BROTHER ALSO WHO WILL PLAY ALONG WITH ME ! >.< :P

i believe it will have multiple sessions same as previous ACs, it would be very weird if they limited it to one session.

PM333
09-23-2014, 07:10 PM
My rig:
Intel i7 4570 4*3,4 GHz
8 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 970 4GB

Can I play it on ultra?

Fatal-Feit
09-23-2014, 08:13 PM
My rig:
Intel i7 4570 4*3,4 GHz
8 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 970 4GB

Can I play it on ultra?

In 1080p, absolutely.

At worst case scenario, you will just have to tune down your AA.

GeorgeLazu
09-23-2014, 08:44 PM
i believe it will have multiple sessions same as previous ACs, it would be very weird if they limited it to one session.

Nope, multiplayer is gone. Only co-op, and it's not LAN co-op, it's online co-op. For him to play with his brother, they would both need to have uplay accounts with Unity on them. That would mean 2 games. and unless he is willing to buy 2 games just for a co-op mission, good for him, but it would be less pricey if they did turns.

__________________________________________________ __________

On another note,

Can you guys give me a prediction? My setup is:

Mobo: ASROCK 990FX EXTREME3
CPU: AMD FX X8 8350, 4000MHz
RAM: HyperX FURY Blue 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz
Graphics: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 SC, 2GB
550w PSU.

I am going to play @ 1600x900 resolution [900p] Can i get to medium or high settings without dropping below 30fps?

Fatal-Feit
09-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Can you guys give me a prediction? My setup is:

Mobo: ASROCK 990FX EXTREME3
CPU: AMD FX X8 8350, 4000MHz
RAM: HyperX FURY Blue 4GB, DDR3, 1600MHz
Graphics: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 SC, 2GB
550w PSU.

I am going to play @ 1600x900 resolution [900p] Can i get to medium or high settings without dropping below 30fps?

Well, how old is your card?

At 900p, I believe medium with FXAA and some settings like god-rays turned off should give you an average of 30fps. You may have to settle for a mix between low and medium settings if you don't want it to drop below 30 frames. If it was any other publisher, medium settings should suffice at even 1080p, but Ubisoft has a habit of inconsistent fps. I remember jumping between 40 and 18 frames during AC:IV's launch. ...It was rough. :p

GeorgeLazu
09-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Well, how old is your card?

At 900p, I believe medium with FXAA and some settings like god-rays turned off should give you an average of 30fps. You may have to settle for a mix between low and medium settings if you don't want it to drop below 30 frames. If it was any other publisher, medium settings should suffice at even 1080p, but Ubisoft has a habit of inconsistent fps. I remember jumping between 40 and 18 frames during AC:IV's launch. ...It was rough. :p

Actually, 900p is my max resolution [****ty display can't take more than that]. Anyway, we'll see.. I hope the requirements will be out soon.

YazX_
09-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Nope, multiplayer is gone. Only co-op, and it's not LAN co-op, it's online co-op. For him to play with his brother, they would both need to have uplay accounts with Unity on them. That would mean 2 games. and unless he is willing to buy 2 games just for a co-op mission, good for him, but it would be less pricey if they did turns.

to be honest his question is somehow vague, he didnt mention anything about online nor co-op, he is asking about saving slots as far as i understood by saying multiple sessions, consequently, he doesnt need to buy 2 copies, all AC games have 3 save slots and i expect this one to follow the same pattern, so each one can have his own save slot (session) and play on the same account.

on the other hand, we can interpret it the same way you described and that would make what you said is true, so you have it there :)

Patar03
09-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Hey Guys! I asked this question a few months ago but I would like to ask it again since more people are giving their ideas and opinions. I would like to ask if my laptop can run Unity? I have played AC1, ACB, ACR, AC3 and AC4 with it all high settings....
Here are my specs:
ASUS X550L
Intel Core i7-4500U, 1.8GHZ
Nvidia Geforce 840m
RAM 8GB
HDD 1TB
WINDOWS 8.1 64-bit

Do you guys think I can run it? And with what settings will it work?

Fatal-Feit
09-24-2014, 03:47 AM
Hey Guys! I asked this question a few months ago but I would like to ask it again since more people are giving their ideas and opinions. I would like to ask if my laptop can run Unity? I have played AC1, ACB, ACR, AC3 and AC4 with it all high settings....
Here are my specs:
ASUS X550L
Intel Core i7-4500U, 1.8GHZ
Nvidia Geforce 840m
RAM 8GB
HDD 1TB
WINDOWS 8.1 64-bit

Do you guys think I can run it? And with what settings will it work?

If you can run AC:IV in high settings, you should be able to run Unity in medium/high settings.

What I like to do is use AC:IV's places with lots of vegetation such as islands or jungles as an example of Unity's performance. It may not be accurate, but those places are the most demanding and according to the devs, AC:U will run about the same as AC:IV, so.

Oogakari
09-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Hey all,

Just a quick question here, is all. ACIV ran, well...let's just say it didn't do as well as I thought it should've. I've got a GTX 780 Ti, an Intel i7 4770K OC'd to 4.2GHz, and 16GB of RAM at 1866MHz. And my game drive is a 480GB SSD from Crucial. So I don't think my PC should be a problem, yet on the settings that GeForce Experience recommends, I'm usually sitting somewhere between 30-50 fps. Admittedly, I am running the game at 1440p. But still, I'd figure it should be running better than that. Anyway, now that all this background is out of the way, I'll move on to the actual issue.

Do we know if AC: Unity will run better than Black Flag did, or will it have the same really horrible optimization? Also, did/will Ubi fix the flickering that plagued ACIV unless you used V-Sync?

Yeah. I mean, with my system, I figure I should be able to push it max settings, 60fps + easy. But apparently, this is not the case. Thus, I'm curious. Also, if anyone has any information as to whether I should be able to do that or not, or if there's settings I could/should change in Black Flag to improve my fps, that'd all be appreciated. Thanks.

Disclaimer: If there's a thread that details any of this stuff somewhere else, or this is in the wrong place, my apologies. Feel free to send me/post the link and I'll head on over there.

~O

Patar03
09-24-2014, 04:56 AM
THANKS! Although I have noticed that everytime I play AC4 it overheats so much and only works perfectly when I play it while charging. If it isn't chraging, the game lags so much.... But thanks for the feedback anyway :)

CursedPanther
09-24-2014, 05:02 AM
THANKS! Although I have noticed that everytime I play AC4 it overheats so much and only works perfectly when I play it while charging. If it isn't chraging, the game lags so much.... But thanks for the feedback anyway :)

It's because your computer has gone into the 'power saving' mode while unplugged, which is common among laptops and will definitely affect overall performance.

Well at least you get the game to run on a 840M.

YazX_
09-24-2014, 11:27 AM
Hey all,

Just a quick question here, is all. ACIV ran, well...let's just say it didn't do as well as I thought it should've. I've got a GTX 780 Ti, an Intel i7 4770K OC'd to 4.2GHz, and 16GB of RAM at 1866MHz. And my game drive is a 480GB SSD from Crucial. So I don't think my PC should be a problem, yet on the settings that GeForce Experience recommends, I'm usually sitting somewhere between 30-50 fps. Admittedly, I am running the game at 1440p. But still, I'd figure it should be running better than that. Anyway, now that all this background is out of the way, I'll move on to the actual issue.

Do we know if AC: Unity will run better than Black Flag did, or will it have the same really horrible optimization? Also, did/will Ubi fix the flickering that plagued ACIV unless you used V-Sync?

Yeah. I mean, with my system, I figure I should be able to push it max settings, 60fps + easy. But apparently, this is not the case. Thus, I'm curious. Also, if anyone has any information as to whether I should be able to do that or not, or if there's settings I could/should change in Black Flag to improve my fps, that'd all be appreciated. Thanks.

Disclaimer: If there's a thread that details any of this stuff somewhere else, or this is in the wrong place, my apologies. Feel free to send me/post the link and I'll head on over there.

~O

well honestly i dont trust Geforce experience, its better to tweak the graphics settings yourself, in ACBF specifically, some settings can degrade performance massively like Physx, if you can post your in-game graphics settings so we can help you tweak them up to get higher FPS, but one thing i can recommend blindly is to set physx to low if it has not been already set to that.

Mr_Shade
09-24-2014, 11:31 AM
Plus it may not take into account other software you may have running - which can impact game play etc.

AherasSTRG
09-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Don't you think the devs are getting a bit late into releasing the System Requirements, Mr_Shade? The game releases in 6 weeks and we don't have official requirements yet. Unless they want to delay AC (again for the 7th time) on the PC and so, they should announce the delay already.

GeorgeLazu
09-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Don't you think the devs are getting a bit late into releasing the System Requirements, Mr_Shade? The game releases in 6 weeks and we don't have official requirements yet. Unless they want to delay AC (again for the 7th time) on the PC and so, they should announce the delay already.

True. People with high-end PCs don't have trouble pre ordering AC Unity, but people like me and most of the players here have medium power PCs, and we want to know if unity will work or not on our pc. When requirements are released, there will be a lot more pre orders.

PM333
09-24-2014, 06:40 PM
How much more FPS I'll get with a SSD instead of a HDD?

AherasSTRG
09-24-2014, 06:54 PM
How much more FPS I'll get with a SSD instead of a HDD?

You won't be getting any more FPS. You will just avoid the occasional hiccups of the framerate while running around the world, due to the faster loading.