PDA

View Full Version : What other games have a black female lead character?

king-hailz
06-13-2014, 10:22 AM
I personally think Assassin's Creed is one of the most diverse games out there... i mean we have had a black, italian, arab, native american, french and english protagonist!

Also i dont get why this AC Unity Controversy is a controversy...

You will always be Arno so what difference will it make if you are seen as a female by other players, also if they add the customization feauture they will have to make everything to fit the female body.. also they arent making the seperate bodies for the other co op players.... they will only be changing the faces... so if you want a female face with a mans body. GET OVER IT!!!

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Remember Me's Nilin was part-Black.

Oh wait.. that was a rhetorical question :nonchalance:

AherasSTRG
06-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Also i dont get why this AC Unity Controversy is a controversy...

It's not a controversy. People are just too #yolo swag to understand some things. Oh, and they are controlled by the mass media... because they are yolo swag.

Dag_B
06-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Yes, the problem is, when Ubisoft showed "Co-op with four white males" everybody assumed, it would be a "choose your character"-system like in the competitive multiplayer. And there it seemed odd to have four very similar looking guys. And this is, what the "controversy" came from. And from this point on it grew and grew and grew, people do not care to inform themselfs how the game works and why the choice makes sense. They still assume you have a choice, which of the four you want to play or they do not care and just join for the sake of joining the sh..storm.

Hans684
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
^ Even Patrice commented on it.

wvstolzing
06-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Edward was Welsh, though, wasn't he?

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes, I'd be with these fellows if the 4 co-op characters were distinct and still had no females. Not to this extent, but I'd have atleast understood their frustration. As it is now, the four characters are basically Arno's ciphers. How does having a female Arno make sense in this situation anyway?

I'm afraid not half the people clamoring on this issue bother to actually read up on the topic, and are just joining the bandwagon to gain brownie points, and that includes the devs. Rhianna Pratchett, I have much respect for her, but she saying that Saints Row 3 has female motifs so ACU should have as well.. I can't begin to comprehend the stupidity of that comment.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 04:00 PM
Cause internet people with agendas have to ***** about something.

Wouldn't be the internet if we didn't have idiots calling people ignorant because they disagree with their stupid one sided crap.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-13-2014, 04:01 PM
You mean which other handheld/side games or DLC? Cause the main AC games sure as hell didn't have one. Next

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 04:17 PM
Edward was Welsh, though, wasn't he?
WHO GIVES A RATS ABOUT THE WELSH

THEYRE ESSENTIALLY THE UK'S RINGO

AND THEY'RE ALL BUNCH OF BRITISH BOYS IN THE END ANYHOW

----

rc

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 04:39 PM
You mean which other handheld/side games or DLC? Cause the main AC games sure as hell didn't have one. Next

Cause that's totally relevant.

Cause Liberations and the AC4 DLC with Adewale are obviously crappy experiences right? It's not like they're not games themselves.

Don't give such a ******ed argument, these characters exist and are important to the story of AC.

More ******** arguments to attempt to twist things in favor of your twisted one sided ideologies.

Altairy was Syrian, NOT WHITE. Connor was Native American a largely ignored minority. This pointless *****ing has to stop.

You have no argument. None.

People need to keep their political ******** away from art, much like the separation of church and government.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 04:50 PM
The reason Adewale was in a DLC and not a full game has to do more with not wanting to give people an almost exact same game as AC IV, than evil white males sitting in a dark room and looking for ways to shaft black people.

Crouching.Tiger
06-13-2014, 05:34 PM
WHO GIVES A RATS ABOUT THE WELSH

THEYRE ESSENTIALLY THE UK'S RINGO

AND THEY'RE ALL BUNCH OF BRITISH BOYS IN THE END ANYHOW

----

rc

I don't get the hate on Ringo. It's been FIFTY YEARS and people are still using him as a punchline about the least noteworthy member in a party, like he was the ice hockey team of Greece in the World Championship or something (sorry, Greeks. Your yoghurt is the best though). It wouldn't be The Beatles without Ringo, man. It's just that the finer subtleties of drumming get lost to the uneducated ear.

pirate1802
06-13-2014, 05:37 PM
..don't feed the troll

RatonhnhakeFan
06-13-2014, 05:41 PM
Cause that's totally relevant

Of course it is. Liberation and Freedom Cry had NOWHERE near the budget, scope, marketing, seventeen CGI trailers galore as the mainline console AC games. Fact.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Of course it is. Liberation and Freedom Cry had NOWHERE near the budget, scope, marketing, seventeen CGI trailers galore as the mainline console AC games. Fact.

They didn't need it did they? AC4 spoke for Freedom Cry already, a ton of people adored 4 and Freedom Cry was the story of a very likeable character from 4.

Liberation was the first portable AC on the Vita, it was basically one of the reasons to buy a Vita, AC doesn't require that much marketing, you could put a video on youtube for a new AC and fans would be excited.

They tell more of the story than the main games could do on their own and add to it and both characters are important assassins who connect to other important assassins.

You have to drop this pathetic victim complex.

The budgetary and business related stuff is just business, they're going to market it to a certain market and attribute a budget that makes sense and whether you like it or not anything that they consider a minority will generally not be marketed to.

It has nothing at all to do with racism or sexism it's simply business, capitalism specifically. Money is the only factor.

RatonhnhakeFan
06-13-2014, 05:51 PM
They didn't need it did they? AC4 spoke for Freedom Cry already, a ton of people adored 4 and Freedom Cry was the story of a very likeable character from 4.

Liberation was the first portable AC on the Vita, it was basically one of the reasons to buy a Vita, AC doesn't require that much marketing, you could put a video on youtube for a new AC and fans would be excited.

They tell more of the story than the main games could do on their own and add to it and both characters are important assassins who connect to other important assassins.
And neither Aveline or Adewale was given first-class star position in main Holiday Ubisoft blockbuster title. Fact. They were in side-projects that could NEVER sell as much as mainline games and thus they're nowhere near as know among the general gaming audience nor act as the 'faces' of AC brand as protagonist from mainline console AC games.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:00 PM
And neither Aveline or Adewale was given first-class star position in main Holiday Ubisoft blockbuster title. Fact. They were in side-projects that could NEVER sell as much as mainline games and thus they're nowhere near as know among the general gaming audience nor act as the 'faces' of AC brand as protagonist from mainline console AC games.

Think about that for a second, why couldn't they sell more?

Let me guess you think racism and sexism right?

You're not considering the fact that the market for gaming is still highly male dominant? That businesses will always market to the audience they perceive to be the largest? It's always going to be about money it has nothing to do with racism, sexism, or anything like that.

They're just trying to do what they think will make the most money on the audience they perceive to be the target and in this case it's males.

Oh and don't say that the market is male dominant because of sexism. Women have the right to choose other interests besides gaming you know? If it's male dominant still then it means that many women still don't have an interest in such things.

Just like men don't have an interest in most feminine products or things, it's not discrimination it's business.

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 06:15 PM
You're not considering the fact that the market for gaming is still highly male dominant? That businesses will always market to the audience they perceive to be the largest? It's always going to be about money it has nothing to do with racism, sexism, or anything like that.

They're just trying to do what they think will make the most money on the audience they perceive to be the target and in this case it's males.

Key word being "think". Gamers are split almost 50-50 between males and females nowadays. The idea that only men play games is very outdated.

http://www.theesa.com/newsroom/release_detail.asp?releaseID=202

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 06:18 PM
Liberation is considered part of the main series according to the official Assassin's Creed website. So is Assassin's Creed Pirates.

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 06:20 PM

Freedom Cry had a CGI trailer..

I have to admit, Liberation didn't though, which is a shame.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:20 PM
Key word being "think". Gamers are split almost 50-50 between males and females nowadays. The idea that only men play games is very outdated.

http://www.theesa.com/newsroom/release_detail.asp?releaseID=202

I never said only men play games.

I don't deal in absolutes. Only idiots do.

45% Is only nearly half, not half.

Businesses will capitalize on the merest 0.1% chance of extra profit. 45% still leaves an entire 10% more males than females overall. Do you think a business will not take that into consideration still?

Of course they will.

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
I never said only men play games.

45% Is only nearly half, not half.

Businesses will capitalize on the merest 0.1% chance of extra profit. 45% still leaves an entire 10% more males than females overall. Do you think a business will not take that into consideration still?

Of course they will.

Other sources say the number is closer to 47%. Either way, are you being serious or trolling when you say that it doesn't matter if there's only a 5% difference?

(50 - 45 =/= 10. Math, how does it work? :rolleyes: )

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 06:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EZ44BQw.png

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Other sources say the number is closer to 47%. Either way, are you being serious or trolling when you say that it doesn't matter if there's only a 5% difference?

(50 - 45 =/= 10. Math, how does it work? :rolleyes: )

50+45=95

You do realize that a whole is 100% right? So 100-45=55

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 06:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EZ44BQw.png

I SEE THAT UBISOFT HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT POOR BLOODLINES, DISCOVERY, AND UTOPIA

----

BUT OH WELL. NOT MY GAMES ANYHOW. - rc

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:32 PM
I SEE THAT UBISOFT HAS FORGOTTEN ABOUT POOR BLOODLINES, DISCOVERY, AND UTOPIA

----

BUT OH WELL. NOT MY GAMES ANYHOW. - rc

Probably because they were all terrible.

Jexx21
06-13-2014, 06:33 PM
Utopia was cancelled.

SixKeys
06-13-2014, 06:37 PM
50+45=95

You do realize that a whole is 100% right? So 100-45=55

D'oh, you're right, my bad. I got mixed up while reading some articles that had differing numbers.

ze_topazio
06-13-2014, 06:37 PM

And the Sith.

Sesheenku
06-13-2014, 06:40 PM
D'oh, you're right, my bad. I got mixed up while reading some articles that had differing numbers.

No sweat! In any case I do think even that 10% can sway them for the mere scent of a possibility of more money.

And the Sith.

Oh you.. ;P