PDA

View Full Version : A matter of AI

MiamiEagle
08-27-2004, 12:19 AM
I have read many complains about the AI in FB Ace program. I read how easy it was to shoot down a enemy planes and how predictable they were. Well Gentelmen be afraid of what you ask because you may get it. Do you not realize that the programmers could make the AI planes so dificult to shoot down that it be almost impossible to achieve your objective. Now lets not make this game a arcade game. What I would like see from the AI is realistic Tatics and manuevers from each cerresponding side. I also have that other Simulator that represent the Pacific War call CFS2. I cannot tell you how frustating it is to be flying a Zero vs P38 and end up Dogfighting the P38 instead of avoiding them from zoomming by with a pass. I would like for Both Airforces to fight with the Tatcics they really used at the time. I now the American Forces was not always able to use zoom and pass tatics but to see it apply when possible. I also would like the AI to have same physical limitations as the Player has.I have seen many AI pilots do things and manuevers that are impposible for the player to follow. That takes away a little of the immersion factor out. I am not intersting in Aces that are impossible to shoot down. People do not understand that all Pilots weather they were Aces or Rockies they made mistakes. Give us that Simulator that mimics the real war and you will have many Consummers in the Furure. Give us options on how to play this game . From semi arcade to almost Total Reality and it will Expand your Horrizon. Pease do not forgget that no matter how difficult or realistic you make the game. You need to make it playable. Thank you

MiamiEagle
08-27-2004, 12:19 AM
I have read many complains about the AI in FB Ace program. I read how easy it was to shoot down a enemy planes and how predictable they were. Well Gentelmen be afraid of what you ask because you may get it. Do you not realize that the programmers could make the AI planes so dificult to shoot down that it be almost impossible to achieve your objective. Now lets not make this game a arcade game. What I would like see from the AI is realistic Tatics and manuevers from each cerresponding side. I also have that other Simulator that represent the Pacific War call CFS2. I cannot tell you how frustating it is to be flying a Zero vs P38 and end up Dogfighting the P38 instead of avoiding them from zoomming by with a pass. I would like for Both Airforces to fight with the Tatcics they really used at the time. I now the American Forces was not always able to use zoom and pass tatics but to see it apply when possible. I also would like the AI to have same physical limitations as the Player has.I have seen many AI pilots do things and manuevers that are impposible for the player to follow. That takes away a little of the immersion factor out. I am not intersting in Aces that are impossible to shoot down. People do not understand that all Pilots weather they were Aces or Rockies they made mistakes. Give us that Simulator that mimics the real war and you will have many Consummers in the Furure. Give us options on how to play this game . From semi arcade to almost Total Reality and it will Expand your Horrizon. Pease do not forgget that no matter how difficult or realistic you make the game. You need to make it playable. Thank you

The_Ant
08-27-2004, 01:23 AM
good points,ive my self hate those stupid Ai moves that seams to almost come from the movie hotshots,think of this in Il2(first game not FB)The Ai didnt do this fancy stuff,neither did it kill steal at this level its doing now.Something must have happend in the programing between Il2 and Fb,their was a boost in the ai in the manouvers such as boom and zoom,and thats cool when they do that,but why cant the ai be like the old game with the new features,that whould be nice.

[Si Vis Pacem,Para Bellum = If you wish for peace, prepare for war.]