PDA

View Full Version : So we gonna see Napoleon, your expectations?

Reptilis91
06-11-2014, 08:00 PM
I hope we'll see him more often than Washington in AC3.

http://i.imgur.com/DO4UK6z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d8rJ6ZU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OiUvICu.jpg

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Wonder if his height will be accurate, does he look like he does in the AC2 glyph puzzles?

Also if people like Unity expect Unity 2.

adventurewomen
06-11-2014, 08:03 PM
The way Napoleon was standing in the Unity trailer reminded me of Washington in the AC3 trailer the stance..

It will be interesting to see Napoleon in the game :)

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 08:05 PM
https://polloplayer.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/napoleon-study300.jpg

He's hiding a piece of eden!

Hue.

GunnerGalactico
06-11-2014, 08:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DO4UK6z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d8rJ6ZU.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the game. I do hope there aren't events in Unity that shoehorn characters just for the sake of it... in all honesty, it was poorly executed in AC3.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 08:09 PM
https://polloplayer.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/napoleon-study300.jpg

He's hiding a piece of eden!

Hue.

Wonder does Arno find the piece of Eden and give it too him, or maybe Napoleon takes it somehow?

Megas_Doux
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM
The way Napoleon was standing in the Unity trailer reminded me of Washington in the AC3 trailer the stance..

Napoleon did not appear in that trailer.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Wonder does Arno find the piece of Eden and give it to him, or maybe Napoleon takes it somehow?

AC Unity developer kind of spoiled Napoleon was evil so I doubt Arno will give it to him.

adventurewomen
06-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Napoleon did not appear in that trailer.
Sure looks like him:

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 08:17 PM
AC Unity developer kind of spoiled Napoleon was evil so I doubt Arno will give it to him.

hmm oh well, did he also say if he was a Templer or just an evil guy?

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 08:20 PM
hmm oh well, did he also say if he was a Templer or just an evil guy?

It was ambiguous. The dude was talking about the ending he wanted to put in the game. And how in the end he wanted it that you'd end up facing Napoleon and his army.

Considering Napoleon is a man of power and control, it's pretty obvious he's a templar.

Also confirmed Napoleon will be alive by the end of the game. So Unity 2 is very likely as some suggested.

True_Assassin92
06-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Napoleon did not appear in the unity trailer... Not the E3 one at least. Is there another?

Megas_Doux
06-11-2014, 08:30 PM
Sure looks like him:

I just the trailer, he was not in it.

Reptilis91
06-11-2014, 08:32 PM
It was ambiguous. The dude was talking about the ending he wanted to put in the game. And how in the end he wanted it that you'd end up facing Napoleon and his army.

Considering Napoleon is a man of power and control, it's pretty obvious he's a templar.

Also confirmed Napoleon will be alive by the end of the game. So Unity 2 is very likely as some suggested.

Where did you read/see that ?

I-Like-Pie45
06-11-2014, 08:32 PM
I HOPE NOT

IT WILL BE JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HISTORICAL CHARACTERS FORCED INTO AC FOR THE SAKE OF IT

BESIDES, IT'S JUST NAPOLEON - IT'S NOT LIKE HE ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING NOTEWORTHY DURING HIS LIFETIME

----

l - RC

king-hailz
06-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Well we can expect the end of the game with him in power... since Amancio said in the polygon interview that at the end there would be a decision that Arno has to make and they would show scenes of napolean rising to power...

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Where did you read/see that ?

The interview where Amancio talks about why he didn't include women.

it's like a 20 minute interview.

would be easier to specify if there wasn't like 20 billion interviews out right now.

Megas_Doux
06-11-2014, 08:35 PM
The artwork is there, just as Saladin artwork was made for AC I. We have to wait and see until when ACU spans.......

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 08:36 PM
I HOPE NOT

IT WILL BE JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF HISTORICAL CHARACTERS FORCED INTO AC FOR THE SAKE OF IT

BESIDES, IT'S JUST NAPOLEON - IT'S NOT LIKE HE ACTUALLY DID ANYTHING NOTEWORTHY DURING HIS LIFETIME

----

l - RC

lol that really did make me laugh. Right I'm off to make World Cup plans for tomorrow.

Hassassiyin
06-11-2014, 08:41 PM

He said near/towards the end.
He didnt say anything about killing Napoleon or letting him live.
He talked about something they wanted to happen, but in reality
it didnt happen until 6 years after.
They had to remove it from the game and came up with something even better.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 08:47 PM
He said near/towards the end.
He didnt say anything about killing Napoleon or letting him live.
He talked about something they wanted to happen, but in reality
it didnt happen until 6 years after.
They had to remove it from the game and came up with something even better.

I never said killing napoleon. He mentioned facing napoleon and his army. Why would that be a big deal if he wasn't his enemy?

Even if it was cut it implies Napoleon is a baddie.

Reptilis91
06-11-2014, 09:57 PM
That sounds like there will be an "ACU2" with the First Empire.

Will_Lucky
06-11-2014, 10:07 PM
That sounds like there will be an "ACU2" with the First Empire.

Aye, he died in 1821 and Unity starts in 1789?. 22 years of gameplay, its certainly possible but I just feel thats way too much history to cram into a single game.

Not to mention, thing is I'd rather see Napoleon well elsewhere, IE Cario, Paris, Italy ect.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Aye, he died in 1821 and Unity starts in 1789?. 22 years of gameplay, its certainly possible but I just feel thats way too much history to cram into a single game.

Not to mention, thing is I'd rather see Napoleon well elsewhere, IE Cario, Paris, Italy ect.
AC2 takes place over a 20 year span.

ze_topazio
06-11-2014, 11:14 PM
Napoleon may start as a good guy who gets progressively a bad guy.

mhg87
06-12-2014, 04:43 AM
So this game will cover the Napoleonic wars? Intresting.

He had better have a French accent.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 04:47 AM
I don't think it will, thats why we have been saying there might be a sequel or a trilogy.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 04:48 AM
Napoleon is still going good.. Saw him in Night of the museum.. he chills with Ben stiller.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 04:52 AM
Napoleon is still going good.. Saw him in Night of the museum.. he chills with Ben stiller.

Are you even trying anymore?

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Are you even trying anymore?

I feel insulted and hated by your remark.

DinoSteve1
06-12-2014, 05:05 AM
Its ok you'll get it next time.

Legendz54
06-12-2014, 05:07 AM
Its ok you'll get it next time.

Ohhhh now i get it..

Not really

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 01:19 PM
I never said killing napoleon. He mentioned facing napoleon and his army. Why would that be a big deal if he wasn't his enemy?

Even if it was cut it implies Napoleon is a baddie.

I don't think he ever implied we were "facing off" against the army, just that it would be there and that Arno would be making a difficult choice. IMO that implies more than anything that he was going to have to choose between allowing Napoleon to take Paris, or kill him. Sounds like he's a pretty ambiguous character to me.

Farlander1991
06-12-2014, 01:26 PM
I wonder what event is going to end the game in 1794, anybody who's more well-versed in French Revolution got any suggestions? (it was said in one of interviews with Amancio, I think the polygon one, that the game takes place in 1789-1794)

deskp
06-12-2014, 01:28 PM
So this game will cover the Napoleonic wars? Intresting..

I thought they were very much NOT doing that, cause it was too late?

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
I wonder what event is going to end the game in 1794, anybody who's more well-versed in French Revolution got any suggestions? (it was said in one of interviews with Amancio, I think the polygon one, that the game takes place in 1789-1794)

Death of Robespierre. Although I'm confused at the actual time frame, Amancio said in one interview that it was a very epic story that took place over decades, but in another he said it spanned five years.

Hopefully we aren't getting five sequences of pre-Assassin Arno again.

DumbGamerTag94
06-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Ok here's my theory for Napoleon. The guy from those pictures is very clearly a very young Napoleon. It matches perfectly with painting of him when he was younger. Reddish Brown long hair and all(it must have darkened with age). But anyway. Napoleon was in military academy in or near paris during the revolution. He graduated in time to lead forces to restore order(could be Templar? Or under Lafayette's orders(who was commander in chief of the National Guard/Revolutionary Armies). So Napoleon took out some crowds in revolution Paris.

I feel like he will actually not be a Templar but in ACU be a fairly good guy. If not evil at least Arno will trust him. But I'm going to guess he finds an apple in Egypt or Italy while he's away at war. And begins to slowly be corrupted by it. He will free Lafayette from the Austrians as a favor either to Lafayette or Arno and then tell him to leave because he is afraid of his influence and doesn't want a challenge to his power. so Lafayette will lay low and Napoleon will exert his power to control the Directorate(panel of like 3 big figures including Napoleon that were sort of co-dictators at the end of the revolution). After securing his power he will declare himself Emperor of France. So my guess is the game ends there at 1803 or 1805(I don't remember).

Napoleon will be a character that is there for a short while and then disappears for years fighting the war. And then comes back to be significant again at the end. I don't think he's a Templar. But he will be a character that slowly becomes corrupted by the apple's power. He believes he is doing the right thing but becomes too brutal and borderline mad with the power of the POE. Basically he does what George Washington didn't do. Napoleon won't see it as bad but as bringing order to his people and Restoring France to greatness(war).

So I bet the ending will be a cliff hanger with Napoleon crowned Emperor and then I would expect an Arno sequel in the Napoleonic Wars. With London, Berlin, and Moscow as the major cities.

Oh well in that case disregard my last post if this is true. And expect an Arno trilogy instead. With buddy napoleon in Unity. Then a change of character in a game set in Egypt and Possibly Italy where Napoleon gets a POE. Then a Napoleonic wars game

Shahkulu101
06-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Death of Robespierre. Although I'm confused at the actual time frame, Amancio said in one interview that it was a very epic story that took place over decades, but in another he said it spanned five years.

Hopefully we aren't getting five sequences of pre-Assassin Arno again.

I'd reconsider my purchase if that were the case. At the very least if that happened I'd try to find out if the pacing was as truly terrible as AC3's...

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Oh well in that case disregard my last post if this is true. And expect an Arno trilogy instead. With buddy napoleon in Unity. Then a change of character in a game set in Egypt and Possibly Italy where Napoleon gets a POE. Then a Napoleonic wars game

I wouldn't mind an Arno sequel in the Napoleonic Wars, but another trilogy would be too much IMO. I talked about this in another thread, but I feel like moving forward, we should have two games set in each era, but no more than that.

I'd reconsider my purchase if that were the case. At the very least if that happened I'd try to find out if the pacing was as truly terrible as AC3's...

Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be bad to have like one memory (at the VERY most, one sequence) of young Arno to establish his story and whatnot, but I feel like we should be donning our robes before the end of the first hour.

roostersrule2
06-12-2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I mean it wouldn't be bad to have like one memory (at the VERY most, one sequence) of young Arno to establish his story and whatnot, but I feel like we should be donning our robes before the end of the first hour.Yep have it AC2 like, introduce what's happening in the modern day, a relatively short intro to the character and his life, and then the game should start to get going.

Farlander1991
06-12-2014, 01:56 PM

I prefer the five-years variant, to be honest. In ACII things started getting shaky and fillery when we get to middle of Venice (1486), and then there were those sudden jumps in years and pace gets really weird. And ACIII the main bulk of Connor's story is supposed to be 1773-1778 but not enough attention is given to it. It's just hard to construct a story spanning decades. ACIV story that in comparison spans 7 years in total (from 1715 to 1722) has a much better flow to it (closer to the ACII's well-constructed 1476-1486 flow).

Plus more chance to make players actually feel like they're in the middle of history (due to increased focus) rather than jumping from event to event.

Reptilis91
06-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Indeed, a trilogy is too much I think.

One game "Reign of Terror" + one game "First French Empire" would be better.

DumbGamerTag94
06-12-2014, 02:26 PM
See I don't really mind the idea of a Trilogy here. And it's because of the variety. There would be a whole different feel to each game. The first is closed off to Paris only(I think because nothing else has been mentioned). Very French feel. If there were a sequel it probably would be during the Napoleonic wars which would feel really different also because. Moscow and London are almost shoo ins for cities in a game about that. And probably Berlin. They would all feel really different. Icy Russia, Foggy London and the beauty of Berlin(before the world wars blew it up). All with a likelihood for large battles and an epic story! I want that to happen. And I think many agree it's almost inevitable. Unless Arno really stinks.

But the problem is there's a gap of 11 years from 1794 to 1805. And Napoleon has to get a POE somehow. So I suspect Egypt and Italy. Probably a short stop by the ruins of the villa Auditore. Milan likely a city or Pisa. And/or Egypt with Alexandria and Cairo 2 of the games cities. Egypt being the most highly requested location I really think this would be a golden opportunity to tackle it. The contrast if the 1790s/1800s with the ancient architecture. The clash of the assassins n Templars, French v Arab culture. Expect tombs.

And that middle game would probably be revelations style with flashbacks to Ezio or his father in Italy. And flashbacks to Altaïrs son who went to Egypt. Not to mention at that time America was fighting an undeclared naval war with France, and a war in Libya against pirates and the government that harbored them. So Connor would have a reason to be in the Middle East(Libya is next to Egypt) and to see him at sea. Just with the gap they need to fill plus all the cool stuff they could do with Italy or Egypt I think it's too good to pass up. I expect a trilogy.

And I really wouldn't mind it because the areas and cultures that would be in each would feel so different I wouldn't be bothered by it(like how ACR still felt fresh even though it was still Ezio, but ACB bothered me because the same setting twice in a row). But having the overall narrative of Napoleon and Arno to tie it all together is even better. Because it allows for the story telling to take its time and get it all out there. So that there isn't huge gaps or a lot of skipping around like AC3 did because for some unkown reason they decided to cram Haytham and the French n Indian war into the beginning instead of just making a separate game. Then they could have used that time to tell Conners story better

Ureh
06-12-2014, 06:29 PM
See I don't really mind the idea of a Trilogy here. And it's because of the variety. There would be a whole different feel to each game. The first is closed off to Paris only(I think because nothing else has been mentioned). Very French feel. If there were a sequel it probably would be during the Napoleonic wars which would feel really different also because. Moscow and London are almost shoo ins for cities in a game about that. And probably Berlin. They would all feel really different. Icy Russia, Foggy London and the beauty of Berlin(before the world wars blew it up). All with a likelihood for large battles and an epic story! I want that to happen. And I think many agree it's almost inevitable. Unless Arno really stinks.

I already forgot exactly what I heard in a interview, but they mentioned that Arno was born in Versailles and there's also a small village outside of it. So maybe they'll let us explore all the village and a small portion of Versailles. Just maybe... :p

Dome500
06-12-2014, 10:30 PM
If unity starts playing at the BEGINNING of the French Rev we might see Napoleon only in his early years when he jumps the ranks and becomes General.

DumbGamerTag94
06-12-2014, 10:54 PM
If unity starts playing at the BEGINNING of the French Rev we might see Napoleon only in his early years when he jumps the ranks and becomes General.

We will either see him in 1792 when he was in Paris. He was a witness to the massacre of the Kings Swiss Guard. And an instigator/rabble rouser for the Jacobins and was good friends with Maximilian Robespierre's brother. The seige of Toulon in 1793 where he took out a royalist uprising aided by British Troops. He also put down a royalist uprising in 1795 in Paris.

So I bet one of these times we will see him as a young officer.

So due to his historic association with the Jacobins and Robespierre's I feel it is HIGHLY likely he is a Templar. Possibly the man who picks up the mantle as Grand Master after the death of the Robespierres

LoyalACFan
06-12-2014, 10:58 PM
I already forgot exactly what I heard in a interview, but they mentioned that Arno was born in Versailles and there's also a small village outside of it. So maybe they'll let us explore all the village and a small portion of Versailles. Just maybe... :p

Versailles really isn't that far from the heart of Paris, so I imagine it'll be part of the same map. They'll obviously scoot it a bit closer toward the city, but I doubt it'll warrant an entire second map.

ze_topazio
06-12-2014, 11:19 PM
It will be a quadrilogy.

1 Assassin's Creed: Unity - French Revolution/Reign of Terror

2 Assassin's Creed: Sand on my boots - Napoleon rise and campaigns on Egypt and Italy

3 Assassin's Creed: Didn't see that coming - Peninsular war in Portugal and Spain, the beginning of Napoleon fall

4 Assassin's Creed: Sure is cold in here - Napoleon disastrous campaign in Russia and defeat

Extra PSVita game: Assassin's Creed: That side war nobody cares about - Connor fights in the war of 1812

DumbGamerTag94
06-13-2014, 01:08 AM
It will be a quadrilogy.

1 Assassin's Creed: Unity - French Revolution/Reign of Terror

2 Assassin's Creed: Sand on my boots - Napoleon rise and campaigns on Egypt and Italy

3 Assassin's Creed: Didn't see that coming - Peninsular war in Portugal and Spain, the beginning of Napoleon fall

4 Assassin's Creed: Sure is cold in here - Napoleon disastrous campaign in Russia and defeat

Extra PSVita game: Assassin's Creed: That side war nobody cares about - Connor fights in the war of 1812

Ouch as an American that last one hurt a bit lol

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 01:18 AM
There was a war in 1812? :rolleyes:

Locopells
06-13-2014, 01:26 AM
They wrote a song about it, I believe...

DumbGamerTag94
06-13-2014, 01:58 AM
There was a war in 1812? :rolleyes:

Haha yeah ya know. Just a tiny little war that wiped out whole Indian tribes. Knocked out an entire British Field Army(imported veterans of napoleons wars) at New Orleans. Burned Toronto and Washington DC to the ground. Was fought not only in the US but Canada as well. Baltimore was shelled an occupied. The war was led by President Madison(the founding father who wrote the constitution). Gave us a president good enough to make it on money(General Jackson is on the $20). Finally made the British respect us as a country. Gave us the Star-Spangled Banner(our national anthem). And The New England states almost seceded from the Union because of the war. Almost causing the US Civil war in reverse 50 years early. And all that mixed with the fact that the war wasn't actually only in 1812. It lasted 3 years and ended in December of 1814.

Yeah just that little war. :rolleyes: it's much larger and more significant than most people know :p

RinoTheBouncer
06-13-2014, 11:08 PM
Lets hope they create Louis Vuitton trunks in Napoleon’s house. LV was their personal trunk maker, before being the high-end international brand we know, today. haha!
But lets hope we do get to see him often and he gets connect to the P.O.E. and I hope they reference Egypt since he attacked Egypt. I wish the next game will be set there. Perhaps again, as Arno or someone related to him.

JustPlainQuirky
06-13-2014, 11:11 PM
Haha yeah ya know. Just a tiny little war that wiped out whole Indian tribes. Knocked out an entire British Field Army(imported veterans of napoleons wars) at New Orleans. Burned Toronto and Washington DC to the ground. Was fought not only in the US but Canada as well. Baltimore was shelled an occupied. The war was led by President Madison(the founding father who wrote the constitution). Gave us a president good enough to make it on money(General Jackson is on the $20). Finally made the British respect us as a country. Gave us the Star-Spangled Banner(our national anthem). And The New England states almost seceded from the Union because of the war. Almost causing the US Civil war in reverse 50 years early. And all that mixed with the fact that the war wasn't actually only in 1812. It lasted 3 years and ended in December of 1814.

Yeah just that little war. :rolleyes: it's much larger and more significant than most people know :p

Dayum Connor had to go through all that, huh? That sucks.

I-Like-Pie45
06-13-2014, 11:13 PM
NOBODY KNOWS, MAYRICE

ITS ALL A MATTER OF FANFI- I MEAN SPECULATION UNTIL THE SEQUEL COMES

SANITY'S REQUIEM, rc

Hans684
06-14-2014, 10:35 AM

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Napoleon

Bonaparte was regarded as one of the greatest military commanders in human history, although his successes in the military campaigns were the result of an Apple of Eden that came into his possession.

deskp
06-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Lets hope they create Louis Vuitton trunks in Napoleon’s house. LV was their personal trunk maker, before being the high-end international brand we know, today. haha!
But lets hope we do get to see him often and he gets connect to the P.O.E. and I hope they reference Egypt since he attacked Egypt. I wish the next game will be set there. Perhaps again, as Arno or someone related to him.

LV dlc hoods: confirmed.

Animusaurus
06-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Am i the only ne who prefers european based AC's, everyone seems to want something different.

Anyway, i think it might show Napoleon as a guy rising through the ranks,and getting more corrupt upon the way.

Megas_Doux
06-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Am i the only ne who prefers european based AC's, everyone seems to want something different.

Anyway, i think it might show Napoleon as a guy rising through the ranks,and getting more corrupt upon the way.

I enjoyed the rural/wild approach on AC IV, tons of fun for me! However having a such HUGE city makes REALLY happy!!! But not only Europe had those, I´m pretty sure that China´s ancient capitals and Baghdad during the Golden Age of Islam, just to say a few, are equally stunning and grandeur.

Dome500
06-14-2014, 06:20 PM
We will either see him in 1792 when he was in Paris. He was a witness to the massacre of the Kings Swiss Guard. And an instigator/rabble rouser for the Jacobins and was good friends with Maximilian Robespierre's brother. The seige of Toulon in 1793 where he took out a royalist uprising aided by British Troops. He also put down a royalist uprising in 1795 in Paris.

So I bet one of these times we will see him as a young officer.

So due to his historic association with the Jacobins and Robespierre's I feel it is HIGHLY likely he is a Templar. Possibly the man who picks up the mantle as Grand Master after the death of the Robespierres

You know what I'd find interesting?

I'd find it interesting if some people would be Assassins and would in the game start separating themselves from the other Assassins and be more radical or have other goals than the Assassins or the Templars, a third party that only existed a short time in that period, because there were so many different goals, opinions and a lot of disagreement about what to do next.

Hans684
06-14-2014, 07:18 PM
You know what I'd find interesting?

I'd find it interesting if some people would be Assassins and would in the game start separating themselves from the other Assassins and be more radical or have other goals than the Assassins or the Templars, a third party that only existed a short time in that period, because there were so many different goals, opinions and a lot of disagreement about what to do next.

That sounds interesting. It would be like a hybrid order(mix of the T goals and A creed) or an entirely new creed/goal.

sem1rek
06-14-2014, 07:36 PM
In terms of return to the roots, it can be return also to the goals from AC1, where it was peace while in next games main goal was freedom. Especially during French revolution this conflict can be quite relevant. Some Assassins fight for absolute freedom regardless casualties and some of them are trying to find balance between freedom and peace (through some kind of order). What is freedom good for, when "blood is spilled on every corner" and nobody is safe? Nice idea...