PDA

View Full Version : The Quagmire. (Riptide Rage)

No1coolcarl
06-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Wow such hard track. Such errors.

Finished quagmire today using the Riptide. It was 4/4/4/4.

I did it first with 99 faults on my daily commute to London. (By the way at 99 faults it will freeze the game with a message. I crossed the finish line with 99 faults but the track just glitched out and quit!! I couldn't believe it!)

Did it again after a good practice run with 24 faults. the end. the beggining and the back wheel pole thing are the hardest bits!

Hows everyone elses riptide runs doing?

Mandrake2007
06-11-2014, 01:27 PM
My Riptide is 4/5/5/5 and I've finished Quagmire four or five times now.

For the first obstacle I originally used MatiSport's video technique but it was too inconsistent for me. Every time I've raced ANBA they start with a big wheelie so now I tap reverse and wheelie into the mushroom at full pelt bringing the front wheel back over as I make contact with the mushroom. It can still take a fair few tries but I have better success.

The middle part I lean forward and accelerate full throttle leaning into the ramp as I near the top, front flip to fender grab and then hope I can wangle onto the flat mushroom. Can't do the front wheel catch flip, never works.

The end I don't really have a problem with.

Made it to the last checkpoint with one fault yesterday but I don't want to set a record that is hard to beat so I faulted over my record number before finishing.

I'm getting the hang of it but I don't like the track at all.

Mandrake2007
06-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Only need one more Berserker blueprint!

I'm guessing a stock Berserker isn't going to be good enough for Quagmire. Do I need upgrades? What is the minimum for Quagmire?

joeloxford39
06-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Only need one more Berserker blueprint!

I'm guessing a stock Berserker isn't going to be good enough for Quagmire. Do I need upgrades? What is the minimum for Quagmire?

Stock Berserker is probably better than the 4/4/4/4 Rip. Get the Berserker to 2/2/2/2 and you will be fine.

Mandrake2007
06-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Cheers.

My Riptide is getting expensive to upgrade!

sriskus
06-11-2014, 07:06 PM
i keep getting close to zero faulting this track only to blow it at the same spot each time. ugh

Mandrake2007
06-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Got my Berserker last night. Haven't used it yet! Got Quagmire on ANBA and decided I didn't want to risk the gas on a stock Berserker.

Did the 1/1/1/1 upgrades straight away. Funny how the Tier 1 Level 1 upgrades take 45 minutes but the Tier 3 Level 1 upgrades take 8 hours!

It will hit 2/2/2/2 at about this time tomorrow and then I plan an never using the Riptide again.