PDA

View Full Version : Free-Roam Co-op in Unity

Stealthssassin
06-11-2014, 06:13 AM
So....Will we have the ability to explore Paris with friends in AC: Unity?

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Yes.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Emmmm! did op really need to ask this?

Stealthssassin
06-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Emmmm! did op really need to ask this?

Reason I ask is becasue there hasnt been any factual or definite statements concerning this matter. If there has been can someone please link me to it?

TheDanteEX
06-21-2014, 02:07 AM
Unless they've clearly said "You will be able to explore all of Paris outside of missions during cooperative play" or answered yes to a similar question, we don't know. I haven't watched any E3 videos so I wouldn't know, but we like to assume things that don't end up being there. They were clear with the Far Cry 4 video saying that missions will shut down when another player enters your game.

Bashilir
06-21-2014, 02:17 AM
From what I've heard, after playing a co-op mission, you can free-roam with the other players, since the player(s) are connected into your game. There hasn't been any official word on the matter so no one can really say.

Legendz54
06-21-2014, 03:34 AM
Yes you can, it was specifically quoted in an interview, "after you complete a co op mission you will be transported back to the map where you can explore it with your friends"

i can see why people are confused because they haven't really advertised of mentioned it that much.

Avengeri32
07-01-2014, 03:37 AM
Yes you can, it was specifically quoted in an interview, "after you complete a co op mission you will be transported back to the map where you can explore it with your friends"

i can see why people are confused because they haven't really advertised of mentioned it that much.

Do you have a link? ive been wondering the same thing as well.

Landruner
07-01-2014, 04:11 AM
So....Will we have the ability to explore Paris with friends in AC: Unity?

Apparently it will be some restrictions in the exploration, but i honestly do not know what they are and what they shall implicate neither ? Anyway the free roaming will be different than the previous ones and apparently that will be a fact soon.
Amusingly and sarcastically if they are free roaming restrictions they perfectly fit with the directorial post French revolution period. - In those years of fear and tyranny caused by the french directory post to the first French revolution, people were not really free during that period and roaming in the streets could be also dangerous and get people wrongly accused as an enemy of the revolution and we know the rest

Calvarok
07-01-2014, 04:50 AM
I've noticed a trend of people asking a question on the forums, then people answering, then that person demands official proof. If you're only interested in hearing it directly from devs why not just keep up with interviews and previews rather than asking people who do?

Legendz54
07-01-2014, 09:46 AM
^ that

SHADOWGARVIN
07-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Reason I ask is becasue there hasnt been any factual or definite statements concerning this matter. If there has been can someone please link me to it?

This has been confirmed in several interviews. Just look for assassin's creed unity interview on youtube.

andreycvetov
07-01-2014, 11:28 AM
The thing is would there be **** to do in this city(in the free roam),i don't want just to be respawned in Paris with friends and do nothing.I hope there are some missions

LoyalACFan
07-01-2014, 12:09 PM
It's a legitimate question; one would think there would have to be a separate "mode" where certain activities are locked out when you're playing with friends. Things like chests, collectibles, random events, and (especially) Arno's customizable hideout. Whose hideout would appear when you went there with three friends? If it's the session host's hideout, wouldn't that clash with the notion that everyone is playing as their Arno all the time?

Dome500
07-01-2014, 04:37 PM
It's a legitimate question; one would think there would have to be a separate "mode" where certain activities are locked out when you're playing with friends. Things like chests, collectibles, random events, and (especially) Arno's customizable hideout. Whose hideout would appear when you went there with three friends? If it's the session host's hideout, wouldn't that clash with the notion that everyone is playing as their Arno all the time?

I think they explained that.
One of the devs said that a friend can either invite or ENTER a friends game.
Which means the world will be the one of the host.

Then you can free-roam together and collect stuff, do (coop-possible) missions.
It's a drop-in / drop-out experience, which means that you can join and leave any time.

Considering though that they actually CAN make the Assassins appear to have different faces in your game it means the game can be changed to an extend depending on the perspective.
I think that means that you can basically cross the worlds, it might even be possible that you can only see YOUR collectibles in a joined game session, no matter if you are the host or not.
But that is only an assumption based on possibilities.

Avengeri32
07-07-2014, 12:31 AM
^ that

its just that there are a lot of interviews out there and I've already done a considerable amount of looking. im just wondering if you can link me to the one you saw, just in case i may have missed it,if not no problem, but please back up your statement with proof.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 01:20 AM
trust me, there's free-roam co-op in unity

king-hailz
07-07-2014, 01:45 AM
This threads title should be changed to 'Do we really need free roam co op in ACU!'...

I mean what will we do other that the missions... you wont really be able to mess around in the world like you do in gta and watch dogs...
You wont really do any stunts or anything....

The_Rev3ngerN
07-07-2014, 03:47 PM
Please Join my team PlayersUnite

Calvarok
07-07-2014, 06:32 PM
This threads title should be changed to 'Do we really need free roam co op in ACU!'...

I mean what will we do other that the missions... you wont really be able to mess around in the world like you do in gta and watch dogs...
killing guards, free-running everywhere, finding glitches, messing with civilians... it's basically going to be the biggest, most interactive multiplayer lobby ever, and that's fine by me. would be neat if there were some sort of co-op sparring thing, tho. I'm sure there's co-op roaming specific activities. probably races are one of them.

Jexx21
07-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Watch Dogs free-roam sucked also. absolutely nothing to do.

Calvarok
07-07-2014, 06:54 PM
I tried it once. all the players grouped up inside a store and triggered blackouts and shot rockets at the floor for a few minutes. then everyone quit

Dome500
07-08-2014, 07:13 PM
The advantage is you can Parkour together and kill together. Also, as far as I know even in coop missions it will not be de-sync if you leave the mission area, so that is also an advantage.
Then I think the coop missions are a lot.
Plus, if we are lucky they might build in some Templar hunt missions where you have to kill targets and the guy who kills the most in the time given wins and stuff like that, some minor mini-missions /activities.

JustPlainQuirky
07-08-2014, 07:15 PM

Really now? That sucks.

I hope friendly fire is available in unity :rolleyes:

Calvarok
07-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Really now? That sucks.

I hope friendly fire is available in unity :rolleyes:
I really can't see that happening. co-op in this game seem very... well, co-operative-focused.

Bashilir
07-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Hopefully there will be some good "restricted areas" to free roam with friends in. Even just tactically taking down a patrol of Guards will be funner now.

Dome500
07-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Hopefully there will be some good "restricted areas" to free roam with friends in. Even just tactically taking down a patrol of Guards will be funner now.

Yeah especially with more mission interiors.
Have to wait and see how that turns out though.

OpenWorldGame
08-04-2014, 03:18 AM
I have not heard any mention of online free roam for the coop mode in AC Unity. I have heard of Brotherhood Missions and Paris Quests, but no mention of simply exploring the story with friends. Can anyone clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Sesheenku
08-04-2014, 03:56 AM
Not sure about main story missions, don't think so but you can explore the city with friends.

Sewers and Catacombs are two things so yeah.