PDA

View Full Version : Is AC Unity partnered with Microsoft or Sony? Judging from E3 Gameplay.

Dead1y-Derri
06-11-2014, 01:35 AM
Hello,

I've seen a lot of E3 gameplay but I've seen none on Playstation and I was therefore wondering if Unity game was partnered with Microsoft instead of Sony (I think all AC games have been partnered with Sony) up until now.

So I was wondering if anyone had any info on this.

I'm not hear to start a console war or anything. I'm just wondering if the tables have changed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-11-2014, 01:36 AM
prolly microsoft cuz they're showing up on top of the sony games. :rolleyes:

Not like it means anything. Ubisoft jumps around a lot.

Dead1y-Derri
06-11-2014, 01:42 AM
prolly microsoft cuz they're showing up on top of the sony games. :rolleyes:

Not like it means anything. Ubisoft jumps around a lot.

Its not a big deal at all. Just wondering where this is going that's all.

I like to keep up to date with these changes because it usually means some kind of exclusive content.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 01:44 AM
I heard that there was no console-exclusive content this time, so any connections to either company are probably just for E3 purposes.

Jexx21
06-11-2014, 01:45 AM
I heard that they won't be providing exclusive content for Unity on either console.

So.. I'm going with neither.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 01:45 AM
Was all that gameplay on XBOne? If it was..then that is good news lol. Because it would look even more high res on PS4 and even more amazing on PC.

rprkjj
06-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Was all that gameplay on XBOne? If it was..then that is good news lol. Because it would look even more high res on PS4 and even more amazing on PC.

I think the resolution disparity between the consoles have already been evened out. I don't think we're going to get any lower-res Xbox One versions this year, and definitely none next year.

Dead1y-Derri
06-11-2014, 01:56 AM
I think the resolution disparity between the consoles have already been evened out. I don't think we're going to get any lower-res Xbox One versions this year, and definitely none next year.

I don't know...maybe because of development time that's why Xbox One has had low res. However I always assumed it just didn't have the raw power.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-11-2014, 01:58 AM
Speculation aside.
They are 100% partnered with Microsoft in terms of marketing.
Microsoft offered to help boost their sales and in turn AC helps boost X1 sales...
(Was all confirmed by Yves that they are marketing partners for Unity)
I won't be surprised if this gen they start to get the exclusive game play.

The gameplay in the ubisoft conference was ps4.

Dead1y-Derri
06-11-2014, 02:10 AM
Speculation aside.
They are 100% partnered with Microsoft in terms of marketing.
Microsoft offered to help boost their sales and in turn AC helps boost X1 sales...
(Was all confirmed by Yves that they are marketing partners for Unity)
I won't be surprised if this gen they start to get the exclusive game play.

Then that does beg the question of where loyalties lay. Because usually if it is a marketing deal then they'll only show Xbox gameplay. Maybe this was an E3 deal as some said above that it was said their would be no exclusives for unity.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Yep both are on XB1 cause whenever Arno is near a corpse a 'B' button prompt floats over it so you can loot it.

Kagurra
06-11-2014, 04:17 AM

Have to agree with this. Since Unity isn't on last-gen, nothing to hold the devs back so they can focus on the new systems. Besides, by the time Unity rolls around Microsoft will probably have some sort of system in place that utilizes the 10% of the gpu power that the kinect uses up, for people that don't want to use the kinect, like me. I still haven't taken it out of the box, and plan to sell it as soon as it becomes available on it's own.

They're already putting out that patch that makes all the interface better for controller, and they've said they're working on what I just mentioned, so yeah, I expect a pretty even playing field with Unity.

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 04:28 AM

Uh..proof? How could it be PS4 they both had xbox button prompts..it could either be PC or Xbox One

STDlyMcStudpants
06-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Uh..proof? How could it be PS4 they both had xbox button prompts..it could either be PC or Xbox One

Uh..I could uhh... swore...uh... I saw a ... uh.... square button

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Uh..I could uhh... swore...uh... I saw a ... uh.... square button

Really? Because I uh...could have sworn I saw an A and B button!

pacmanate
06-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Partnered with Microsoft was confirmed by Yves.

Also, no exclusive content.

And was probably played on a PC devkit as it looked too good for Xbox One given the specs of that machine, however it used an Xbox controller.

Mr_Shade
06-11-2014, 05:36 PM
I will see if I can get any word of what version was shown - however I can't promise - since all the smart people are at E3, and they might not see the email on their phones ;)

jayjay275
06-11-2014, 05:43 PM
Partnered with Microsoft was confirmed by Yves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IeTWYv5zus

Kagurra
06-11-2014, 05:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IeTWYv5zus

Hey, they're usually always partnered with Sony, so deal with it this time basically.

pacmanate
06-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Hey, they're usually always partnered with Sony, so deal with it this time basically.

Not that it makes a difference. Confirmed no exclusive missions for Microsofts platform anyway so I dont see the deal.

jayjay275
06-11-2014, 05:56 PM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltmn9e1THg1r150zz.gif

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 05:57 PM
Even if there was they are usually ****.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 06:00 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ltmn9e1THg1r150zz.gif

Watched Hercules recently, have we?!

jayjay275
06-11-2014, 06:03 PM
Watched Hercules recently, have we?!

I just remembered how funny him raging was, but nope, not recently.

Locopells
06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Heh, true dat...

Sushiglutton
06-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Yep both are on XB1 cause whenever Arno is near a corpse a 'B' button prompt floats over it so you can loot it.

Or perhaps they are playing it on a PC powered by a small nuclear plant :rolleyes:

Wolfmeister1010
06-11-2014, 06:22 PM
Whatever platform it is there are a LOT of graphical glitches they need to fix. Framerate issues, pop ins of textures and civilians, stuttering smoke effects, clipping, the works.

STDlyMcStudpants
06-12-2014, 01:33 AM
Really? Because I uh...could have sworn I saw an A and B button!

Maybe I'm thinking of farcry..
They showed one of their big games on the ps4 which confused me..
Looks like Microsoft wants to control the 2 biggest franchises ....
If they have AC in their pocket like COD, they may win this gen (financially)

JustPlainQuirky
06-12-2014, 05:40 AM
Trick question.

The AC: Unity shown at E3 was the Wii U version all along.

MasterAssasin84
06-12-2014, 05:23 PM
I don't know...maybe because of development time that's why Xbox One has had low res. However I always assumed it just didn't have the raw power.

From what I hear an update has been sent out by MS to boost the power of GPU

STDlyMcStudpants
06-12-2014, 05:26 PM

They did.. it was an update called 'you no longer need the kinect' :D

Moultonborough
06-12-2014, 06:04 PM
It was on Xbone.......... pause it at 40:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvJq-pLeko

pacmanate
06-12-2014, 06:13 PM

Not by a lot :s

Megas_Doux
06-12-2014, 06:15 PM
It was on Xbone.......... pause it at 40:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWvJq-pLeko

Good find and even better news!
However, I have seen demos running in PCS with the interface of an XBOX.