PDA

View Full Version : About not playing co-op

dimbismp
06-10-2014, 07:47 PM
So,everyone is talking about coop these days,as if coop>sp in unity...what about the people who wish to continue playing the game like the previous ac's?i hope that sp still remains the main focusmof unity...

Layytez
06-10-2014, 07:48 PM
They said it would and to be honest I see co-op being a short living gimmick that people will forget.

AherasSTRG
06-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Don't worry. The Co-op is just a thing to attract people's attention. Just like Multiplayer was in Brotherhood and Naval was in Assassin's Creed 4.

However, I believe that the Co-op part will also be fun as **** (literally ^^).

YazX_
06-10-2014, 09:23 PM
yes, co-op missions are different, its not like you can play any mission with co-op, so SP is same old SP but they added extra missions for co-op, similar to splinter cell black list. and i think some of these missions can be played without partners while others are co-op only.

souNdwAve89
06-10-2014, 09:27 PM
Kotaku's interview with Alex Amancio (Creative Director)

The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved.

Like I said yesterday, I am confident that Ubisoft knows that forcing co-op is a terrible idea. You're alienating your fans by doing that.

Sushiglutton
06-10-2014, 09:39 PM
yes, co-op missions are different, its not like you can play any mission with co-op, so SP is same old SP but they added extra missions for co-op, similar to splinter cell black list. and i think some of these missions can be played without partners while others are co-op only.

The way I understand it ALL Co-op missions can be played solo

"The game's new co-op missions are optional, all story-based, but can be played solo, too. You find them in the game world. The developers promise that those of us who love playing through the game's solo campaign and side missions will not feel underserved. " (http://kotaku.com/assassins-creed-unitys-paris-is-huge-really-huge-1588817927)

"All of these missions can be played solo and with up to three friends" http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/10/assassins-creed-unity-faq-answers-all-your-questions-about-story-co-op-next-gen-graphics-and-more/

DynaRider
06-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I'm a bit confused. Spotted this statement in the FAQ on dualshockers:

"So players will have to complete what we have called brotherhood missions, in shared experience, to fulfill their duties towards the assassins."
"We expect players to play about a third of their total game time in shared experience modes"

I does indicate that apparently some of the game can be played solo but if I read correctly you will be forced to play in shared mode to complete the game requirements. I have no desire whatsoever to play in shared mode or competitive mode on line. I just like to turn the game on and play at my own pace. At the moment it doesn't look like I'll be buying Unity.

Gladiaattori1500
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Is coop played locally or online? Because I assume that coop will have some trophies and I don't reeally have a partner to play with locally so my platinum could be in danger

Ureh
06-10-2014, 10:27 PM
@Gladiaattori500 It's played online.

dxsxhxcx
06-10-2014, 10:58 PM
I'm a bit confused. Spotted this statement in the FAQ on dualshockers:

"So players will have to complete what we have called brotherhood missions, in shared experience, to fulfill their duties towards the assassins."
"We expect players to play about a third of their total game time in shared experience modes"

I does indicate that apparently some of the game can be played solo but if I read correctly you will be forced to play in shared mode to complete the game requirements. I have no desire whatsoever to play in shared mode or competitive mode on line. I just like to turn the game on and play at my own pace. At the moment it doesn't look like I'll be buying Unity.

according to my understanding what he's trying to say is that the co-op missions are integrated in SP campaign (being part of the story instead of a separate thing like the multiplayer in the previous games) and are called Brotherhood missions because they CAN (meaning you aren't forced to play with friends) involve more than one assassin (and here is where co-op plays its part, by allowing your friends, as the others Brotherhood's Assassins to assist you during these missions).

adventurewomen
06-10-2014, 11:54 PM
I won't play co-op, until I've compleated the single player campaign.

ze_topazio
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM

Same.

Ureh
06-11-2014, 12:03 AM

Same.

I don't mind if the games requires me to start another playthrough just to get into the co-op. I wonder if co-op is part of the 100% synch?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-11-2014, 12:06 AM

Same.

spun210
06-11-2014, 01:04 AM
I don't mind if the games requires me to start another playthrough just to get into the co-op. I wonder if co-op is part of the 100% synch?

Yeah, I have no interest in the co-op either. I just hope they don't punish the player for not participating la Mass Effect 3. A player should be able to get 100% synch with or without the use of co-op since the AC series is an established single-player experience.

THE-MANK-01
06-11-2014, 01:10 AM
I won't play co-op till SP is completed either unless they put in co-op only missions then I will. Also I really hope side missions like the murder mysteries are not confined to co-op.

Dome500
06-11-2014, 03:07 AM
So,everyone is talking about coop these days,as if coop>sp in unity...what about the people who wish to continue playing the game like the previous ac's?i hope that sp still remains the main focusmof unity...

As far as we know you can play the Coop missions Solo as well.
Also, since Ubisoft Toronto is helping with Coop you can be sure of that, they also included a Solo option for Coop in Splinter Cell Blacklist.

I'll definitely play coop if I find some people which are willing to play full Stealth (I'm also open for combat but my first coop runs should be Stealth and it is my preferred style)

according to my understanding what he's trying to say is that the co-op missions are integrated in SP campaign (being part of the story instead of a separate thing like the multiplayer in the previous games) and are called Brotherhood missions because they CAN (meaning you aren't forced to play with friends) involve more than one assassin (and here is where co-op plays its part, by allowing your friends, as the others Brotherhood's Assassins to assist you during these missions).

That's how I see it as well.

Also, I think with their statement about expecting players to play 1/3 of the game shared they mean that their prediction/expectation is that a lot of players will free roam together and will play at least 1/3 of the game (or of the coop mission? maybe the latter makes more sense) with friends.

DinoSteve1
06-11-2014, 03:25 AM
I'll probably do co-op on my second run through.

LoyalACFan
06-11-2014, 03:30 AM
I'll probably do co-op on my second run through.

That in mind, I REALLY hope they keep the replay function of previous AC games, not like W_D that doesn't let you replay ANYTHING or even have multiple freaking save slots :mad: That's one thing that really does absolutely suck about W_D.

Kagurra
06-11-2014, 04:13 AM
Yeah, they'd need to keep the replay mission thing in the game, and tweak it somewhat to be able to start it with a friend or something like that.

But from what I've seen, the co-op looks promising and really good, if not a little easy. But with the newish combat system, it shouldn't be as easy as it would've been in a previous game. I'm super interested, the game looks seriously fantastic in every aspect as far as I've seen.